All Posts (Strohs)


(1) 2 3 4 ... 71 »


 
Re: $83 Billion Investment Proposed for WV
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

MontaniTrout wrote:
Are there regulations protecting the natural landscape of the state?




Posted on: 11/14 10:11 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: White and Slaton feel unwelcome at WVU
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Dont underestimate how petty the HC can be. Remember when Coach Stewart wanted to get some dirt on Holgorsen? Some fans still think Stewart was the better coach. You think Holgy is going to roll out the red carpet to honor Stewart's biggest accomplishment?
The administration can and should honor these guys, just don't expect Holgorsen to bend over backwards for them

Posted on: 11/9 4:33 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: WVU BBall Thread for Things that Don't Need their Own Thread
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
ESPN has Carter ranked as the 11th best player in the NCAA. We'll see another top 20 player right off the bat Friday night for A&M

Posted on: 11/7 10:41 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Starting 5 since 1990
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

SchmittBreal wrote:
Ok outside the box a bit but I would go with:

1)Carter
2)Mazzulla
3)Ebanks
4)Jones
5)Gordon Malone

This would be an NCAA basketball game, with Huggins as the coach.

I have no idea how we score but I know things: You can't score either, and you will never get a rebound.



I jumped on this thread to make sure somebody mentioned Gordon Malone. Thank you. One of the most physically gifted players we've ever had

Posted on: 11/7 10:10 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: 'Jack says' official unofficial Texas Tech game day thread
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

eers_fan wrote:
Lucky. Stupid not to decline.
Lucky beats good once in a while.


Conventional wisdom says to decline. In this game, if Holgorsen declines, Kingsbury is marching his offense right back out there. Holgorsen knows it. Was willing to let them have 3. Kingsbury isn't sending his FG unit out there anymore today

Posted on: 10/14 1:05 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Game Online
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464

Posted on: 9/23 11:06 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:


The left has been calling their opposition Nazis and racists for well over a year. No reason for me to expect you to change your ways now.


Dude, there were literal Nazis and white supremacists marching through an American street screaming "Sig Heil," "Blood and Soil," and nearly beat a black man to death. One clown pulled a gun and fired a shot at another person. A white Supremacist literally murdered someone with their car and injured dozens more.

If there is a movement in this country it's more reminiscent of the Civil Rights movement than the Bolshevik Revolution. People want equal rights and rightfully so. Confederate Statues were erected, for no other reason than to make minorities feel like second class citizens in their own hometowns. Couple the statue ordeal with the government trying to boot contributing members of society because of their religion, removing programs designed to help the poorest and sickest members of society, and you can see what people are so upset.


This.


Wonder why nobody wanted to take the statues down for the 16 years in recent memory we've had a democrat president or the 8 years we've had a black president. You know since you say the statues only represent slavery and to make minorities second class citizens. LOL. Wow you're so stupid. Also why was there a statue of a southern general in northern democrat city of Baltimore? Why didn't any of the democrats champion for that statue to be removed literally any other year? Ive talked to my friends that are minorities in CVille, and baltimore, and like Charles Barkley, havent thought a day about those statues in their lives. Although they are "uncle toms" to their fellow minorities and liberals because they voted Trump and are republican. Why is demolishing statues now a thing? Because it's now popular due to the alt-left thinking the statues are evil boogey men and they dont know history. Well, history gives you power, and that's why the left keep losing.


It's strange that I keep hearing conservatives make this argument. Removing/Relocating statues and renaming parks isn't a new thing. There are several examples of this happening during Obama's presidency and before. Obviously the whole Nazi/White Supremacist rally in Charlottesville jump-started the movement across the country. That disturbing display was a harsh reminder that racism still exists and it's ugly. So in effect, the actions taken by the alt-right group only served to fuel the removal of more confederate monuments. The reality is that most of these alt-right clowns don't give a rat's behind about cheap statues, they were simply looking for a fight.




Posted on: 9/9 6:37 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
As a general rule, I don't delve into the snake oil market. I'm sure a lot of reputable news sites sell their own brand of health supplements and lifestyle products. I'm also sure it has nothing to do with how easily Republicans are separated from their money

Posted on: 9/9 6:57 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Dont get upset because you didnt know ads are based on search history my dude.


Haha. You are aware that a website can carry more than 1 advertiser, correct. If you go to your desktop computer and visit this site you will see an ad for survival gear as well as sites hawking gold and silver, common amongst peppers
These are paid advertisers, which is easily confirmed.

About OANN, its interesting that they haven't reported on Trump siding with Democrats on the debt ceiling. This seems like a big story. Isn't this what you are complaining about with main stream media?

Posted on: 9/8 10:52 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
So there is only 1 ad on the entire website? Yeah, ok

Posted on: 9/8 10:32 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Ads are based on search history my dude.


God, you guys are so dumb

An interview with the founder of Health Ranger Store that advertises on SGTreport and sells survival goods:

"(Natural News) I recently published a rare interview with the founder of SGT Report, a popular independent media website that’s also featured on Censored.news. The topic of our discussion? Google’s “cheating” of its search algorithm to artificially penalize indy media websites, and YouTube’s demonetization assault on the independent media, now dubbed the “Adpocalypse.”

I quietly released the interview a couple of days ago (video below), and since then I keep hearing from people about how “powerful” the interview was, and why it gave them hope for the future of freedom of information across the ‘net. Unknown to me at the time, the person I was interviewing brought up something I hadn’t planned on making public, but since it’s now out there, I have no problem acknowledging it: YES, I have been financially supporting several smaller publishers by purchasing ad space on their websites as a means of helping to keep them financially afloat. (See details below.)

I’m looking to help more small publishers earn even more revenues, and we now have a solid revenue model through our online store affiliate system, which is earning real revenues for many publishers. If you’re reading this and want to add our affiliate revenue generation to your publishing site, just email us at “affiliate” at the domain HealthRangerStore.com to learn more details."[/b]

Take a look at the crappy products Alex Jones hawks on his show. Face it, you guys are getting your "news" from a bunch of charlatans




Posted on: 9/8 10:16 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:


Dont straw-man. Either discuss the article or shut up. I'm tired of the liberals discussing the source rather than the content. There have been numerous times when posters submit a link to a source, and within that source are links from other news articles that verify what the OP states, even videos, and liberals go NOPE SOURCE IS BAD YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID. HELL, Deli got pissed off that I was giving articles from BBC, politifact, and snopes, all of which lean left, saying I need to check my sources. However i have seen the left on this site post **** from a blog site and tout it as groundbreaking. So either talk about whats posted or shut the hell up. Every publication has articles that don't meet 100% left or right every time and someone posting an article from a news organization does not mean that whoever posted it is supportive 100% of everything of which that publication posts. CNN talked for a week about Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream. EERY did not mention, at all, hurricane Harvey. You brought it up because you had nothing to offer to the conversation and couldnt dispute what was posted. So talk about what was posted, or shut up. If you want to talk about Harvey, create a thread about it.


Here's the thing: Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can post an article on the internet. They don't need access, sources, or discretion. The reason you guys fall in love with Alex Jones and alt-news is because they tell you what you want to hear. Then they try to sell you a bunch of ****. Just look at the article EERY just linked to. Directly beside the story is a link to buy doomsday survival supplies. You think these people don't know their demographic? It's all a ruse to get you to spend spend spend. It's just like Televangelism or Joel Osteen/Bennie Hinn/Jimmy Swaggert Ministries. Journalists actually have to go through an education program and take oaths. When you post **** not written by an actual journalist it's really not worth the paper it's printed on or the cyberspace it occupies. That's why its so easily dismissed. When you post **** from Russia Today, it's called what it is. Propaganda. Don't waste our time with this garbage

Posted on: 9/7 9:35 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

EERY wrote:
As well I'd imagine they are as much voting to take down the statue to avoid anymore violence. I would assume their hands are tied at this point. Of course this will only serve to embolden the Alt Left, and they will move onto their next target.


D@mn that story sounds familiar. Where have I read something like that before? Hmmmmmm


Joe Paterno?

Posted on: 9/7 9:27 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

EERY wrote:


The left has been calling their opposition Nazis and racists for well over a year. No reason for me to expect you to change your ways now.


Dude, there were literal Nazis and white supremacists marching through an American street screaming "Sig Heil," "Blood and Soil," and nearly beat a black man to death. One clown pulled a gun and fired a shot at another person. A white Supremacist literally murdered someone with their car and injured dozens more.

If there is a movement in this country it's more reminiscent of the Civil Rights movement than the Bolshevik Revolution. People want equal rights and rightfully so. Confederate Statues were erected, for no other reason than to make minorities feel like second class citizens in their own hometowns. Couple the statue ordeal with the government trying to boot contributing members of society because of their religion, removing programs designed to help the poorest and sickest members of society, and you can see what people are so upset.

Posted on: 9/7 9:26 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:



You are ignoring the points I was making. I see the stupidity clearly. Perhaps you should enroll yourself into some history classes friend. I was stating facts, and it is sad to see people think that those facts are fictional. No wonder you are in support of such ideals.

I would suggest for starters studying Red China and the Bulshevik Revolution.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_k ... s_under_Communist_regimes

I swear, people use the word hyperbole in a sentence, and think of themselves as an intellectual. Ridiculous!


Maybe you should look up the definition of objective and subjective. Your statement that people wanting to remove confederate statues are communists is objectively false. I mean, the city council of Charlottesville just voted to remove a statue of Stonewall Jackson by a 5-0 margin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/c ... ml?utm_term=.bfc1f4124827

So are all of these council members communists? Your point about Bolsheviks and what-not is moot

On the other hand, if you want to make ridiculous absolute statements like supporters of Confederate statue removal are communists then allow me to make one: Opposition to confederate statue removal are Nazis and White Supremacists. There's plenty of evidence suggesting that and plenty of evidence suggesting our president is emboldening these groups with his actions and hateful rhetoric. Do you need me to link to a wikipedia article about Nazis and the KKK? I guess if I have to decide to be a Communist or a Nazi/White Supremacist the choice is easy.

Posted on: 9/7 8:40 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

MdMounty wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
....
5. The argument that people are trying to change or erase history is a straw man. No proponent of removal has ever argued that removing the statue will erase history. That is a physical impossibility because time doesn't go backwards. What we do today cannot affect the past. The statue, however, is here in the present, and is causing some current residents to feel like second-class citizens here and now. That is a problem that can be fixed.

...


Not to mention the fact that there are these things known as books that are much better repositories of history. In fact, statues tell you little if anything about history. It's a ridiculous argument.


Interesting historical fact. These proponents advocating taking down the statues, openly advocate for communism. Historically in other countries as communistic factions gained control, they would take down statues. They would then burn books. Oh, and let's not forget the millions of people they would murder, that wouldn't submit to the new totalitarian regime.

You people need to think long and hard about the political/societal movement you are sympathizing with. The majority of these people working to bring about "change" in our country have no idea of what actually happened in history. They are doomed to repeat it, and are trying to drag us down with them.

If anything this is evidence that our education system is in serious need of being revamped. At this point the wolves are guarding the hen house.


Take a look at these communists bringing down a statue:
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/new ... baghdad-picture-id1910429

Next, consider Nazis and Klansmen marching in opposition of the decision to remove a Robert E Lee statue. Then consider the stupidity of your above argument. Finally, look up the definition of fact and hyperbole.

Posted on: 9/5 7:38 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: My thoughts on the Va Tech Game
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

FL77Mounty wrote:
Quote:

thisisridic wrote:
Crawford had one nice run that he was once again ee-so-close to breaking for something bigger and a ew other nice runs by our RB's in general but for the most part our running game was petty well snuffed out by their front 7.


We had 221 yards rushing and averaged 6.3 yards per carry. I don't consider that being "snuffed out".

If anything, I wonder if we shouldn't have run the ball more, controlled the clock, and let the defense rest.


YES!

Coach H is hell-bent on the uptempo offense. Sometimes, you have to run clock and give your D a chance to catch a breath. For all his faults, Dick-Rod knew when to go uptempo vs slowing things down. Our D was out of gas in the 4th quarter


Posted on: 9/5 7:22 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Virginia Tech 9/3/2017
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Offensive line is getting owned early on

Posted on: 9/3 6:58 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
FBI, Homeland Security warn of more ‘antifa’ attacks

Confidential documents call the anarchists that seek to counter white supremacists ‘domestic terrorists.’

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09 ... ville-violence-fbi-242235



From the very article you linked to:

"In interviews, law enforcement authorities made clear that Trump’s inflammatory rhetoric and policies — first as a candidate and then as president — helped to create a situation that has escalated so quickly and extensively that they do not have a handle on it."




Posted on: 9/1 6:40 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: WVU Football 2018 Recruiting Thread
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/30/2007 5:14 pm
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Posts: 1464
Quote:

islander wrote:
I've tried calling the FB office to no avail. How do you notify the FB office to look at a high school player? The prospect is 6-1, 227# senior Luke Hamilton of Cumberland, MD Fort Hill High School. He currently plays TE,HB and DL.


Typically HS coaches will send in game film to the director of recruiting. That department will look at film of 100s of different kids. That's how Owen Schmitt got noticed. If an average Joe could make a call to the football office and get a scout to see their kid play, then everybody would do it. Film is what they're looking for

Posted on: 9/1 6:55 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



 Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 71 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved