All Posts (DonKeebals)


(1) 2 3 4 ... 82 »


 
Re: Party of Small Government wants to renew Patriot Act AS-IS until 2020...
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:
Quote:

stanleywvu wrote:
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:

Wow! You really have a hard-on for Mitch McConnell.


No, not really. Just trying to figure out why Republicans are so easily fooled.


Two words ... Obama ... Hilliary.



Two more words, term...limits

Posted on: Ystrday 6:57 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Party of Small Government wants to renew Patriot Act AS-IS until 2020...
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
One more reason to vote everyone of their sorry asses out of office. Unfortunately, most of you will line up and elect the same dickwads as every other year and we'll continue the path to oblivion.

Posted on: Ystrday 6:57 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Obamacare goes to the Supreme Court
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Looks like conservatives are starting to get over it...

Quote:
"Only 18% of Americans want to go back to the system we had before because they do not want to go back to some of the problems we had," Whit Ayres, a veteran Republican pollster who works for presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, said at a recent breakfast hosted by the Christian Science Monitor.

"Smart Republicans in this area get that," he added.


This libertarian is not getting over it.

Smart Americans who have seen their premiums go up twice in less than a year get that...

Posted on: Ystrday 6:55 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Anyone think a Huggins team/player would get a pass on this one?
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

stanleywvu wrote:
Quote:

PANIC wrote:
The whole point of equality is that the color of a person's skin (in addition to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual preference, etc.) should not matter. I'm not in lala land and I realize that prejudice is not something that will ever be totally gone, but we have to keep trying to get there. If the N word is something that is hurtful and condescending to a particular group of people then why is it ok for that group of people to use it and nobody else? That is the anti-definition of equality. If its not considered socially acceptable for a white man to walk down the street and call a black man by that name then its not ok for any color man to walk down the street and call any other man that name...end of story. Context is always part of the equation when it comes to language but at this point there is just no place for such words. The history of how the word has been used really doesn't give one group of people a right to use it over another...the younger people who use it really have no idea what it was like for people of color a hundred years ago so that excuse just doesn't fly. Bottom line is if the white guy said the exact same thing that the black guy said this would be a whole different can of worms. In the grand scheme of things it wasn't that big a deal, the young man apologized, and it will be forgotten soon enough. However the fact that the reaction to a statement changes based on the color of the speaker proves we still have a long way to go.


Nice post. It's thoughtful and rational. I disagree with you but appreciate the argument you're making and wish there was more of it on here.

Now for my response:

You're an idiot!! Just kidding.

I agree with your statement about what equality should be but we are far far far away from that so must, in my opinion, take context into account when assessing things like this. The fact is that hateful words continue to be used to attack minorities on a regular basis. As often as they used to? In most places, no. But a white guy using the N word to a black guy, unless they are good friends and know what's in the other's heart, is unlikely to be accepted well. Why? The long history of racism and abuse. It's common for minorities to try to quell that hurt by taking back words as a way to remove their power. Blacks using the N word is an example of that. Gays use the F word amongst themselves but its highly inappropriate for others to do so. There are many example of this. Hell, even WVU fans will refer to each other as rednecks and hillbillies but how often have you seen outrage on this board when outsiders do this? I've never seen so many butt hurt people as on this board when some reporter dares to make a joke or comment about the hillbilly WV fans. So yeah, if equality existed I would agree with you. But in a world where it doesn't, it's common and natural for groups to try to blunt the harm of racism or bigotry. I don't always agree with it. Some of it is indeed distasteful to me. But as an outsider I'm going to give a whole lot of leeway and stay out of what impacts them way more than me. But I have to say, there's never a time when white frat boys should be condoning lynching on youtube. Why anyone would condone that or defend it is beyond me and I think that's a much better indicator of how far we have to go than taking a person's race in mind when we consider their use of words.




You're using redneck and hillbilly in comparison? That is as absurd as the Sterling comparison. Additionally, hateful words are used to attack everyone not just minorities. There are no exceptions for race, gender or sexual orientation. I agree with most of what Panic has to say though. You can't claim that a word is harmful to you because of its history then use it on a daily basis and expect people to not eventually get the impression that it's not that harmful.

Exchange the word n***er for something more neutral like rapist or child molester, use it in everyday interactions at work and in public and see what kind of response you get. Walk into work and say to your boss, "What's up rapist?" and see how he/she reacts. Every time you see a friend in public loudly say "Yo, what's sup child molester?" to them and see how they react. My guess is you'll get less than a warm reception from your boss or anyone else exposed to that.

My personal opinion is that, if we are going to continue to associate this word with such hate and sordid history when people other than black people say it then its use in common everyday situations needs to stop. If you insist on using to "take the hate from it" then you can get bent out of shape when everyone uses it. I do understand the outrage of the fraternity garbage in Oklahoma and I agree with that for sure.

Posted on: 4/8 8:01 am
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Georgia Florists Say They Won't Serve Gay Couples Even As State's Religious Freedom Act Stalls
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:

So morality and equal rights only pertains to Americans in America. And even then only when it doesn't cost your company, which just happens to be the most valuable brand in the history of forever, a few bucks.

Got it, thanks.


I'm confused...does that make Samsung the official conservative phone?


I have no idea. They do make parts for eyephones and follow a similar slave labor business model so they could share the same liberal, hipster, Starbucks drinking, annoying a**hole base as crAPPLE. Fortunately I do not own either so you all can figure that one out.

Posted on: 4/7 8:38 am
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Georgia Florists Say They Won't Serve Gay Couples Even As State's Religious Freedom Act Stalls
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

MdMounty wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:
Quote:

wooddash wrote:
As a side conversation, Carly Fiorina, a potential GOP candidate said something to think about:"When Tim Cook (Apple CEO) is upset about all the places that he does business because of the way they treat gays and women, he needs to withdraw from 90% of the markets that he's in, including China and Saudi Arabia. But I don't hear him being upset about that."


I know, right? He's ok with his eyephones being made by slave labor as long as no one calls them homos and locks them out of the cafeteria.


Can he or anybody else do anything about what they do in China and Saudi Arabia? Being upset and taking a stand on something (what democracies like the US allow) is completely different than pulling out of markets and costing your company, it's employees and the company shareholders money.

That's a really stupid and hypocritical comment by a former corporate executive. Something she wouldn't have done under any circumstances.



So morality and equal rights only pertains to Americans in America. And even then only when it doesn't cost your company, which just happens to be the most valuable brand in the history of forever, a few bucks.

Got it, thanks.

Posted on: 4/6 8:31 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Georgia Florists Say They Won't Serve Gay Couples Even As State's Religious Freedom Act Stalls
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

wooddash wrote:
As a side conversation, Carly Fiorina, a potential GOP candidate said something to think about:"When Tim Cook (Apple CEO) is upset about all the places that he does business because of the way they treat gays and women, he needs to withdraw from 90% of the markets that he's in, including China and Saudi Arabia. But I don't hear him being upset about that."


I know, right? He's ok with his eyephones being made by slave labor as long as no one calls them homos and locks them out of the cafeteria.

Posted on: 4/5 9:10 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Georgia Florists Say They Won't Serve Gay Couples Even As State's Religious Freedom Act Stalls
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Certainly entitled to your opinion. I disagree because I don't see any difference between refusal to serve gay people vs. refusing to serve any other group of people. It is wrong at its core and not what America is supposed to be about.

Open in new window


Just returned from my son's 5th grade trip to DC. The bar from Greensboro is prominently displayed at the Smithsonian as a regrettable period of our history. These new religious pro-discrimination laws are wrong and will eventually be overturned.

...and once again conservatives will come down on the wrong side of history. Look at the dancing that Indiana governor Pense is having to do.



So, you're against businesses refusing service and or entry to those who legally carry firearms?

Posted on: 4/5 9:07 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: The Walking Dead
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Very interesting finale. I really thought a main character was going to die. Kind of reminds me of last seasons finale without the big cliff hanger. I am glad they finally got Morgan back into the story line. Not sure how long he'll be around but it looks like that will at least get some closure.

I don't read the comics but I did know that Alexandria is the longest running location in then to this point so, I figured something would happen that justify Rick's meltdown to the group. The big rumor was that Glenn dies as this is reportedly where Negan is introduced. Supposedly a really bad guy who kills Glenn. I'm thinking it could happen at the beginning of next season as he did not make it back to the town before the show ended.

Posted on: 3/30 8:38 am
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: How to Beat Kentucky
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

Proud2BanEer wrote:
Quote:

MdMounty wrote:
Was the Orange bowl a regular season game?


Who cares? It's about being on the receiving end of a very bad game.



The difference is, the audience watching the games. The Orange Bowl and our Sweet 16 game were in front of big national audiences. The other games you cited were embarrassing yes, but mostly in front of regional viewers. I would take a regular season loss like that much better than one in post season although, I'd rather not have it at all.

Posted on: 3/28 11:58 am
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: How to Beat Kentucky
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Now I know how Clemson fans felt watching the Orange Bowl. Jesus Christ that was awful.

Posted on: 3/27 11:46 am
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Hatfields and McCoys
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

Sane wrote:
Fixed and merged.



You should have renamed it the Hatfields and McCoys while you were at it...

Posted on: 3/23 9:22 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: The NCAA Must PUNISH the TOO Big Conference Teams in Their Seedings!
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Not looking good. Baylor, Texas and Iowa St. down in flames today.

Posted on: 3/19 7:44 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Thanks for your service, now ***K OFF!!
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:
I kind of see his point however, he did retire before he was supposed to and I think he probably had an understanding of what that meant. Serves him right anyway, we all know Bronco Bama killed Bin Laden!!!

SEAL who shot bin Laden speaks out

The Situation Room of the White House on May 1, 2011. (Pete Souza/White House)

The U.S. Navy SEAL who shot and killed Osama bin Laden is speaking out for the first time since the May 1, 2011, raid on the al-Qaida leader's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

In an interview with Esquire, the former SEAL—identified as "The Shooter" due to what the magazine described as "safety" reasons—said he's been largely abandoned by the U.S. government since leaving the military last fall.

He told Esquire he decided to speak out to both correct the record of the bin Laden mission and to put a spotlight on how some of the U.S. military's highly trained and accomplished soldiers are treated by the government once they return to civilian life.

Despite killing the world's most-wanted terrorist, he said, he was not given a pension, health care or protection for himself or his family.

"[SEAL command] told me they could get me a job driving a beer truck in Milwaukee," he told Esquire.

Plus, he said, "my health care for me and my family stopped. I asked if there was some transition from my Tricare to Blue Cross Blue Shield. They said no. You're out of the service, your coverage is over. Thanks for your 16 years. Go f--- yourself."

The problem seems to be that "The Shooter" left the military well before the 20-year requirement for retirement benefits.

(Esquire)

According to the magazine, the government provides 180 days of transitional health care benefits, but the Shooter was ineligible because he did not agree to remain on active duty in a support role or become a "reservist." Instead, the magazine noted, he will "have to wait at least eight months to have his disability claims adjudicated."

The SEAL also gave his account of the historic raid, including the moment he pulled the trigger and shot bin Laden.

“In that second, I shot him, two times in the forehead," he told Esquire. "Bap! Bap! The second time as he’s going down. He crumpled onto the floor in front of his bed. He was dead. I watched him take his last breaths. And I remember as I watched him breathe out the last part of air, I thought: Is this the best thing I've ever done, or the worst thing I've ever done?

"I'm not religious," he added. "But I always felt I was put on the earth to do something specific. After that mission, I knew what it was."

He also recalled watching CNN's coverage of the first anniversary of bin Laden's death.

"They were saying, 'So now we're taking viewer e-mails. Do you remember where you were when you found out Osama bin Laden was dead?' And I was thinking: Of course I remember. I was in his bedroom looking down at his body."

In September 2012, fellow former SEAL Team 6 member Matt Bissonnette published a controversial book, "No Easy Day," under a pen name about the raid, drawing the ire of both his fellow SEALs and the Pentagon.

A spokeswoman for Esquire told Yahoo News that the magazine did not pay the SEAL for the interview.


A similar concern for me is how the government is not fully funding Vet benefits - particularly medical. I may not agree with the war, but I support the troops...even after the war.




I agree completely. Instead of giving freebies to 6 million illegals I think we should tackle the veteran issue first.

Posted on: 2/26 9:14 am
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Caption this photo
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

Sane wrote:
Caption this photo

Open in new window




Not in my house!! Ha, ha, ha...

Posted on: 2/25 11:55 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Ferguson
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

stanleywvu wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:
Again, you are not paying attention at all. First and foremost, my panties are perfect pressed and wrinkle free as always. Secondly, there has been no "outrage" from me at all on this. In fact, prior to me posting about the NJ shooting there is a grand total of 2 posts by me in this thread and if you can classify those as "outrage" then you have a hell of a set of arms to reach that far. I do have a big issue with the media AND the black community THEIR selective outrage over shootings. The biggest issue as I pointed out, is the reaction seems to vary based on the race of the person doing the killing.

In one of the articles you posted about a Utah police shooting there is no mention of the race of either the shooter or the victim. I had to do a search to find that information. Interestingly, the cop that shot was not white and neither was the victim.

Then I clicked on the other link you posed about a different Utah shooting. No internet search needed here. The third sentence in a 3 sentence first paragraph conveniently points out that the city in which the dead guy lived is 93% white and .5% black.

In the Ferguson shooting, every media report led with the fact a white dude shoot a poor unarmed black kid for no reason at all. In the NJ shooting there was no mention of the race of the shooter in any of the articles I read initially. I had to again, do some searching on the internet to find that information. It's been about a month since I have seen anything in the news about the NJ shooting. Much, much different than Ferguson or Eric Gardner for that matter. I wonder why?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that I will not have my nightly tv show interrupted by the president asking for peace when the Grand Jury reaches a decision in the NJ shooting.

That will conclude my "outrage" for today.


Ok. So you think that the media should have equal coverage of all police shootings? Does the media coverage alter the rightness or wrongness of the police action in your mind?


It's their duty to report on all things equally. Their coverage is supposed to be free of bias. That is the point I have been trying make. The only thing it alters in my mind is how I feel about the media.

Posted on: 2/18 10:30 am
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Ferguson
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:

You're correct, you know nothing about me. You also have not been paying attention. I actually support both officers, my issue is with the reaction or lack thereof from the media and black community.

.

If it were only you supporting police officers then you would be complimenting the lack of outrage. Instead you got your panties in a knot when there was outrage...then again when there was no outrage. Only consistency is your disapproval of the reaction of the black community.


I have been paying attention. From the nature of your complaining it is pretty clear that you have a problem with the black community.


Again, you are not paying attention at all. First and foremost, my panties are perfect pressed and wrinkle free as always. Secondly, there has been no "outrage" from me at all on this. In fact, prior to me posting about the NJ shooting there is a grand total of 2 posts by me in this thread and if you can classify those as "outrage" then you have a hell of a set of arms to reach that far. I do have a big issue with the media AND the black community THEIR selective outrage over shootings. The biggest issue as I pointed out, is the reaction seems to vary based on the race of the person doing the killing.

In one of the articles you posted about a Utah police shooting there is no mention of the race of either the shooter or the victim. I had to do a search to find that information. Interestingly, the cop that shot was not white and neither was the victim.

Then I clicked on the other link you posed about a different Utah shooting. No internet search needed here. The third sentence in a 3 sentence first paragraph conveniently points out that the city in which the dead guy lived is 93% white and .5% black.

In the Ferguson shooting, every media report led with the fact a white dude shoot a poor unarmed black kid for no reason at all. In the NJ shooting there was no mention of the race of the shooter in any of the articles I read initially. I had to again, do some searching on the internet to find that information. It's been about a month since I have seen anything in the news about the NJ shooting. Much, much different than Ferguson or Eric Gardner for that matter. I wonder why?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that I will not have my nightly tv show interrupted by the president asking for peace when the Grand Jury reaches a decision in the NJ shooting.

That will conclude my "outrage" for today.

Posted on: 2/17 9:43 am
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: The Walking Dead
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Good episode tonight. Mind of reminded me of American werewolf in London with the dead people conversations. A little surprised they killed off Tyrese now but I figured someone else was going to get it. Glad it's back and I can't wait for the companion stood to start.

Posted on: 2/8 11:51 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: The Walking Dead
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
2 hours, 43 minutes.


Plus, Better Call Saul premiers afterward.


Boo Yow!!!!

Posted on: 2/8 7:18 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Ferguson
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 9:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 1747
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
You two sound like those "race batters" that conservatives are always crying about.



Just trying to figure out why the coverage of 2 extremely similar incidents is so completely different. It's a discussion bait not a race bait. In Ferguson the story was breaking news as it developed. There were marches, protests, call for indictments and riots. In the NJ shooting the video makes news almost 2 weeks after the fact, gets replaced as new by deflated footballs and now nothing.

In looking at all of the evidence in the Ferguson shooting it appears Darren Wilson was attacked and defended himself. Now his career and life are ruined.

I would say 98% of America couldn't tell you the name of the NJ cop without searching it on the internet. I would also guess that less than 1/2 of the those searches would identify the race of the cop. Hell, I read one article that stated the officers opened fire, like they are trying to implicate the white officer in the shooting as well.

If the cop in the NJ shooting were white I would be watching story after story about that shooting this morning instead of endless and pointless discussions about Mitt Romney.


Sorry, but I don't see it as being as similar. Michael Brown was unarmed. The perp in your story was not only armed but had previously been charged with shooting an officer. From what I read, the shooting officer was part of the original case.

In my opinion, the two stories are only similar because an officer did the shooting.



There was a gun in the car, the guy had his hands up with no gun. Michael Brown was just as unarmed plus, he assaulted the police officer prior to being shot. That didn't matter though, it was a white dude shooting a black dude. Hell, the liberals aren't even making the "he could have used non-lethal force" argument in the NJ shooting.

The lame stream media along with Al Sharpton would have spontaneously ejaculated if the NJ shooter was white.


I notice that you full-on support the white officer yet seem not to support the black officer in what you consider to be the same scenario.

Yeah, yeah...I know nothing about you.



You're correct, you know nothing about me. You also have not been paying attention. I actually support both officers, my issue is with the reaction or lack thereof from the media and black community.

Posted on: 2/5 6:41 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



 Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 82 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved