All Posts (wvafaninSC)


(1) 2 3 4 ... 109 »


 
Re: Game Three
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Gosh I wish we had played ECU and D-State, THEN VT!

Posted on: 9/16 4:28 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Game Three
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Air Force is marching right down the field against Michigan! Come on Broncos!

Posted on: 9/16 1:42 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Game Three
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Quote:

Flyer10 wrote:
Also, Memphis is beating UCLA 34-24 in 3rd qtr and,
Northern Illinois is beating Nebraska 14-10 after 3 qtrs.


Oh yea, I forgot about the Nebraska game! Like I sad before....when the Big 10 loses, the world is a better place!

Posted on: 9/16 1:38 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Game Three
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Memphis is up on #25 UCLA in the third 34-24. If UCLA loses, it should provide a soft spot for us to move into the T25.

Posted on: 9/16 1:34 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Game Three
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Wow, Meat Chicken is struggling to put Air Force away in the Big House. Only up 6 points going into the 4th quarter. The world is a better place when the Big 10 loses. Come on Air Force!

Posted on: 9/16 1:26 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: WVU, Big XII, College Football News Thread
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Eers Sports says that we hold an "18-3 edge" over ECU. "Edge?" That's funny. 18 and 17 would be an "edge." 18 and 3 is frickin' domination!

Posted on: 9/8 2:37 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Texas flood - HookEm, you OK?
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Wow! Really great to hear from you. Glad you are ok.

Posted on: 9/4 11:59 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: My thoughts on the Va Tech Game
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
I really wish we could have had our usual tune up game before this one.
These big opening day match ups are nice, but I am not sure that our program is ready to do them. I just think we need the sacrificial lamb team on opening day to get our team gelling and figure out where the weaknesses are.
But then again, maybe I am completely wrong because just look at what Bobby Bowden did with his "we will play anyone, anywhere, anytime" philosophy.

Posted on: 9/4 11:47 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: My thoughts on the Va Tech Game
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Quote:

WVUswim wrote:
It stings more because I hate VT so much. For many of us in the 32-40 age range we hate VT more than Pitt for what it's worth. I hate it cause we were better. I disagree with the assessment that we didn't lose because of mistakes. If you take away special teams, which you can't, and played 60 minutes 11 on 11 offense vs defense only WVU beats VT 7 out of 10 times. I think both lines were fine, our WR were excellent and RB fine. Linebackers were strong and the secondary wasn't great it also wasn't 2011 bad and they did make some booming hits. We got pushed around in the 3rd quarter but that was it, we were the better team for 70% of regular snaps.

We lost because of hidden yardage which is a huge part of the game. We averaged like 35 yards a punt and VT 45+. Field position on the punting game killed us, and that isn't factoring in returns/lack of returns. Also gave up huge return with all the momentum. We lost because of mistakes, plain and simple.

The offense will be top 10 in the country, the defense will be easily top 3 in the B12. The special teams, unless improved dramatically, will cost us against KSU, OU and OSU. You think we're winning in Manhattan or Norman losing field position solely in the kicking game like we did last night? Not a chance. It can get better, but it hasn't for as long as Dana has been here minus the Austin years and even then our return game was good but coverage was a disaster.

Nobody needs fired and I think we are good, maybe top 10-12 if we played 11 on 11 minus kicking for 60 minutes but the special teams are so bad they drop us from a team that could flirt with the playoff with some bounces to a team that is in the 20-25 range


I agree with you. This loss was on our special teams. Will and company did enough to win, and the defense would have not allowed 31 points had it not been for the fact that VT kept starting nearly all of their possessions near mid field.

Posted on: 9/4 11:43 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: My thoughts on the Va Tech Game
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Quote:

wooddash wrote:
How do we not have another punter?


"Another punter?" I didn't know we had one to begin with.

Posted on: 9/4 11:40 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: My thoughts on the Va Tech Game
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
I think we can win some games because the big 12 is so weak. The conference did NOT have a good week. Luckily we have ok state at home. Hey if Ohio state can make the college football playoff with one loss to unranked Virginia tech at home then we can make the playoff with one loss to a ranked Virginia tech team on a neutral site away game.


Well we would also need the Ohio State bias which I am not sure we can get.

Posted on: 9/4 11:39 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
The destruction of a website: ESPN
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
If anyone would like to see how to destroy a website, check out ESPN, go to the NCAA football conference standings page, then wait 5 minutes while all the garbage ads and crap load before you can actually scroll down to reveal any conference other than the AAC which is at the top of the page.
Then after you get tired of waiting, go to Fox Sports to find a website that actually still functions.

Posted on: 9/4 11:36 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Virginia Tech 9/3/2017
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
a kickoff return for a TD would be great!

Posted on: 9/3 10:00 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Virginia Tech 9/3/2017
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
how in the hell do you miss that many tackles?

Posted on: 9/3 9:52 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Virginia Tech 9/3/2017
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
if we win the game, it will be because the defense kept us in it until the offense got it together. If we lose, it will be on the kickers.

Posted on: 9/3 9:51 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Virginia Tech 9/3/2017
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Grier's arm has gotten better as the game has progressed. That is a good sign for things to come

Posted on: 9/3 9:45 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Virginia Tech 9/3/2017
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
I hate to see any player hurt

Posted on: 9/3 9:42 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Virginia Tech 9/3/2017
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
The MIGHTY MO is in our corner!

Posted on: 9/3 9:41 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Virginia Tech 9/3/2017
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Mysterious penaltt in 3...2..1...



Shut up!

....but your right....

but shut up.

Posted on: 9/3 9:40 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Virginia Tech 9/3/2017
Pitt Hater
Joined:
8/21/2006 8:26 pm
From columbia,sc
Posts: 2160
Quote:

wvafaninSC wrote:
Quote:

Sane wrote:
Is Nate Adrian playing QB?




Same hair stylist

Posted on: 9/3 9:39 pm
_________________
Conspiracy....It's not just a theory anymore.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



 Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 109 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved