All Posts (MdMounty)


(1) 2 3 4 ... 266 »


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
....
5. The argument that people are trying to change or erase history is a straw man. No proponent of removal has ever argued that removing the statue will erase history. That is a physical impossibility because time doesn't go backwards. What we do today cannot affect the past. The statue, however, is here in the present, and is causing some current residents to feel like second-class citizens here and now. That is a problem that can be fixed.

...


Not to mention the fact that there are these things known as books that are much better repositories of history. In fact, statues tell you little if anything about history. It's a ridiculous argument.

Posted on: 9/5 10:51 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Liberal Logic 101
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

sg44gold wrote:

Now, now. You are smart enough to know that the people sitting on the stage behind the candidate are VIPs. They are PLACED there.


I know it doesn't fall into the conspiracy narrative that Hillary loves Muslims and really hates American and wants to destroy it, but in the real world, I'm smart enough to know that Hillary and her staff are smart enough that he would be one of the last people sitting back there. Yeah, I know they sometimes pick certain people they want back there, but I'm sure that system could easily be defeated.

Even if she really was a closet Muslim, she's smart enough to know how terrible the optics would be for her.

Posted on: 8/29/2016 8:29 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Liberal Logic 101
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:


I have not heard Hillary disavow anybody. Not the orlando shooters father, who had seating right behind hillary front rows at her rally, and has ties to radical islamist groups.


Just like Trump can't control who supports him, Hillary can't control who attends her rallies. They are open to the general public and her campaign did disavow it.

Orlando Shooter Dad

...a Clinton spokesman, Nick Merrill, emailed reporters to describe Mrs. Clinton’s view of Mr. Mateen.

She disagrees with his views and disavows his support,” Mr. Merrill said.


Trump has actually re-tweeted things from white supremacist sites. Hillary isn't the best choice in the world, but Trump is the worst imaginable choice, IMO.

To Trump's credit, he finally said he didn't want votes from white supremacists a couple of days ago but what in the heck is he doing on those sites/following people like that? White

Posted on: 8/28/2016 10:35 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Liberal Logic 101
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
I dont watch FOX, but thanks for assuming i do.


Okay, fair enough. Then where did you get the story of Clinton's mentor being a former KKK member that you shared with us? A quick google of it brings up FOX and Breitbart. Pretty sure you didn't just wake up thinking of Robert Byrd and Hillary Clinton.

Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
So its okay to forget all of his contributions to the KKK?


No, I think it's one of the best stories of redemption that I can think of. Most conservatives like to pound on the bible, but don't apply the same standards of forgiveness and redemption to "liberals". Byrd grew up in a very racist time in a very racist area in the segregation era in the 40s and 50s. He obviously saw the error of his ways.

To accurately judge anybody or anything, you have to take everything into account (an entire lifetime, an entire season, etc.) to get the real picture.

Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
And since Trump said he does not want white supremecists to vote for him, you can no longer label him as a racist, correct? (Fun fact: he has never been racist. He insisted on having black and jewish people included at his golf course when Hillary was a member of a whites only country club.)


I really don't know if Trump is truly a racist or not. All I know is that racists love him and his campaign manager (the Breitbart guy) is sketchy at best when it comes to race. He says whatever the crowd wants to hear or what he thinks they want to hear. Just wanted to point out that Byrd being H' mentor doesn't make her racist.




Posted on: 8/26/2016 3:16 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Liberal Logic 101
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
.... justifiable reason for you to choose a racist candidate who has been quoted in saying Robert Byrd is a friend and mentor?

Terrific liberal logic you got going on there, kid.


I guess righty logic means you judge somebody based on what they did when they were young and ignore the next 30-40 years. But that's what FOX told you to think, right?

NAACP Mourns Robert Byrd

"Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation," stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. "Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.

Posted on: 8/26/2016 9:37 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: California shootings
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:

More of those reading comprehension problems I see...




And more of the same from WVisAsshole. I'm sorry, I meant WVisStalker. Shoot me for not pouring over every detail in one of your trolls, I mean posts.

Posted on: 5/6/2016 7:05 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: California shootings
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
This has the potential to reduce mass shootings by nearly a THIRD. (and exactly what Brobison and I were talking about)



Look, you guys have convinced me that media coverage can potentially create mass shootings scenarios.

But where are you getting this 1/3 business from? As is with anything with Psychology, nothing is definitive and percentages and statistics rarely apply.

This is one psychologist and from rom your article:

It's only natural after a mass shooting to ask why or want to know what caused this to happen, but it's a question that's nearly impossible to answer. Aggression is multicausal, and it's wrong to assume there is a single reason or explanation, such as violent video games, Gentile said.

I realize you're not claiming that media coverage is the sole cause, but I don't see any way to apply numbers to this.

Posted on: 5/5/2016 3:53 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Can you believe that Hillary and Bill have been stupid enough to think ...
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

83Grad wrote:
If nothing's there what's taking so long?



An investigation involving attorneys and agents of multiple arms of the US government into something as complicated as computer systems, computer systems security and classified information taking a long time? What are the odds? She MUST be guilty.

Posted on: 4/27/2016 11:26 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Can you believe that Hillary and Bill have been stupid enough to think ...
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

83Grad wrote:
You guys accuse me of "lapping it up" because it fits my agenda. I say you reject it out of hand because it doesn't fit yours.


Why wouldn't you reject an article from a college student with no journalism or law background? I gave it a shot, but due to the web site itself, the misspellings and the conjectural conclusions, it didn't take me long to figure out it was the bush leagues.

Posted on: 4/26/2016 9:42 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Can you believe that Hillary and Bill have been stupid enough to think ...
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

83Grad wrote:
Here is a link to an opinion piece that details the extensive known evidence against Hillary and her email scandal. It's very long and well written, with some, but not much conjecture. I would suggest everyone on both sides read it. Keep in mind what's written is based on information about the case that is in the media (leaks) and from the emails released by the State Dept. I think it's safe to say the FBI has much more information that hasn't been leaked, such as information from the deleted "personal" emails that have been recovered.

For those who say there is no there there, I would be very uncomfortable with that position on this issue.

http://georgiapoliticalreview.com/opi ... g-classified-information/




I'll pass. I'd sooner get medical advise from this guy.

Meet the Author
Facebook Page


I’m a 22 year old senior at the University of Georgia, double majoring in Microbiology and Economics (an unlikely candidate to write an article like this, I know).

Ya' think?

I have no background in investigative journalism or law. I have not gone to law school, journalism school, or ever worked for a newspaper, magazine or any other publication. That’s why you may see scattered typos, grammar mistakes and incorrect legal phrasing...
[/b]




Posted on: 4/25/2016 7:53 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: 2016 WVU spring football news and discussion.
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Jerry Porter was one of those incredibly rare, Bo Jackson kind of athletes that starred in 4 sports and was referred to as Superman. He played all the backfield positions, WR, defensive back and defensive end in high school. He ran a sub 4.4 40, had a 40" vertical leap and could throw a football 80 yards from his knees. Superman

Crest may be able to play cornerback but he doesn't belong in the same discussion with Porter - yet anyway.

Posted on: 4/21/2016 1:38 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Williams to the NBA draft
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

WVUoverAll wrote:
...I'm an admin in that has well over 10,000 members...


Bet the chicks can't get enough of that.




Posted on: 4/21/2016 9:49 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: WVU Football Thread for Things That Don't Need Their Own Thread
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

MountyInSC wrote:
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
Looks weird after only knowing the crown.


USA - getting rid of crowns since 1776


^^^^^^^^^

Open in new window

Posted on: 4/15/2016 10:01 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: NC passes bill blocking LGBT protections
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

WVUswim wrote:
Quote:

Proud2BanEer wrote:
That's it, no more "Made in China" by god!

China


I see where Bryan Adams is cancelling a concert or something. Funny he recently performed in Egypt. Guess his little bleeding heart didn't check their rules.


Right theyll all perform in Dubai or Egypt and happily take their money wheb those countries STONE or HANG homosexuals but wont perform in a state that wants males to use the mens room. The hypocrisy stinks worse than spoiled fish left in a sauna


Look, I'm very uncomfortable with a public shower or changing room allowing this. I think you are potentially infringing the rights of everyone else by trying to make a small group of people feel comfortable.

However, in a public ladies room I don't think it's a big deal. There is some privacy and the likelihood that you're going to encounter somebody with gender issues is pretty remote considering they are less than 1% of the population.

But the reason celebrities boycott in the US, is they can have an impact and force changes and they have. Companies and celebrities have basically forced some politicians to do an about face on this.

They can't make changes in a foreign country like Dubai or China, but I definitely get the double standard from a pure moral point of view.

Posted on: 4/13/2016 3:18 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: The un-buy-able candidate you're not seeing on TV...
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

brobison wrote:

Given the fact that 83% of 18-29 year olds vote for Bernie, listening to them might give insight into what makes Bernie a viable candidate. Once you get away from them Hillary pretty much runs the table.



Yeah, but this particular 18-29 year old was clearly uninformed/not very bright like much of entire electorate. There are a lot of young people out there that would do a much better job of articulating what he is about.

I've seen this "tactic" used on Trump/Cruz by the left and on Sanders elsewhere on Fox news. They typically go to a rally, interview a bunch of people and pick out the dumbest people they can find in an attempt to make the candidate look bad. It's not hard to find an idiot in any crowd.


Posted on: 4/11/2016 11:19 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: The un-buy-able candidate you're not seeing on TV...
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

A-MAN wrote:

Anyone who honestly believes tax rate at 70% is the right direction has truley lost touch with real world




Bernie's tax rates would max out at 52% and would only impact people making over $10 million. You would have to make more than $231,450 to see a tax increase.

The Burn's Tax Rates

Posted on: 4/11/2016 9:26 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: GMOs?
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

brobison wrote:

As I said, selective breeding and hybridization IS NOT natural! It has been going on for hundreds of years and can make some pretty radical changes in a short time.


You're changing the argument. At first you said they are the same thing scientifically as GMOs They just aren't. Hybridization CAN occur naturally, but humans have taken it to the nth degree where it would never occur naturally. Selective breeding wouldn't happen naturally either, but both of those methods use the natural process of breeding and combine the complete genome of two individuals just as it happens in nature.

So, it's a helluva lot more natural and a helluva difference between designing something in a lab and manipulating DNA and individual genes. That's completely unnatural.

Posted on: 3/21/2016 8:21 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: WVU only giving 7 to SF Austin.
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
The offense you run doesn't matter if you can't shoot. We only made two 3 pointers (19% with lots of open looks) and went 15 minutes at one point without a basket. We missed countless layups, tip ins and point blank shots. Then they threw the ball away over 20 times. Early in the game Devin decides he is a guard and starts dribbling the ball all over the place for the first time all year with predictable results. You're not going to beat anybody playing like that. I think the only performance worse than this was the Texas game at home. At least we made a few free throws.

It was just an awful performance at a really bad time. This was one of our best teams in a long time and could have made it deep in the tournament.

Posted on: 3/20/2016 2:18 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: WVU only giving 7 to SF Austin.
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
We SHOULD cover that spread, but if some of the other games are any indication, it may be within that margin. It's the Marshall syndrome. Just being in the tournament is a huge deal for the lower seeds and they approach it like the super bowl. To the upper seeds it's just a game you have to survive.

Posted on: 3/18/2016 7:34 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Hoping for 2 seed.
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
11/10/2006 7:59 am
From Baltimore, MD
Posts: 5538
Quote:

TheMac wrote:

Well for starters wvu is a 3 seed this year, but to answer your question, two events come to mind right away when thinking about wvu being with the odds heavily in our favor, and it not working out...

- 2012 football season
- 2007 Pitt game



Third seed, Shlird seed. I had 2nd seed on the brain, because almost all the predictions had them at 2.

I was hoping for examples in rowing or women's volleyball.


Posted on: 3/16/2016 8:23 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



 Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 266 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved