We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

 
Re: Unofficial Official WVU VS Texas A&M Game Thread
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
9/15/2006 8:24 am
From Monrovia MD
Posts: 7691
We are not an NIT team.

Posted on: 11/12 8:57 pm
_________________
Wrestling! Hard? It's supposed to be hard. It's the hard that makes it GREAT!
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Unofficial Official WVU VS Texas A&M Game Thread
Here for the Beer
Joined:
10/31/2011 12:30 pm
From Fairmont WV
Posts: 257
I just scanned most of the comments in this thread and we have a bunch of Negative Nancy's. It's the first game of the season and most of the couch is writing this team off.

What I watched vs. Texas A&M- The first 10-15 minutes of the game they were very efficient. Making good passes, taking good shots, using screens effectively, picking up assignments on defense, and getting in position to rebound. As soon as A&M went on a run and took the lead the focus and fundamentals broke down and never returned. This is not a skill level problem. WVU's second string is almost as good as the first string (this is a positive, not a dig). This is a focus breakdown problem. They lost all confidence and looked deflated. Bob Huggins will fix this. This team is very talented, they need more mental toughness.

Posted on: 11/13 9:04 am
_________________
"We have a bunch of men that look like Tarzan, but play like Jane."-Bob Huggins
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Unofficial Official WVU VS Texas A&M Game Thread
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2274
Quote:

MontaniTrout wrote:
I just scanned most of the comments in this thread and we have a bunch of Negative Nancy's. It's the first game of the season and most of the couch is writing this team off.

What I watched vs. Texas A&M- The first 10-15 minutes of the game they were very efficient. Making good passes, taking good shots, using screens effectively, picking up assignments on defense, and getting in position to rebound. As soon as A&M went on a run and took the lead the focus and fundamentals broke down and never returned. This is not a skill level problem. WVU's second string is almost as good as the first string (this is a positive, not a dig). This is a focus breakdown problem. They lost all confidence and looked deflated. Bob Huggins will fix this. This team is very talented, they need more mental toughness.

^^^ This.

Posted on: 11/13 10:02 am
_________________
montani semper liberi & est ratio liberalismi aegritudinis animi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Unofficial Official WVU VS Texas A&M Game Thread
WMITC
Joined:
8/28/2006 11:40 am
From Parkersburg, WV
Posts: 8571
Agreed. ^^. This is a very young team. This team needs to mature and learn to play together. 2 seniors (one of whom is Dax who is wildly inconsistent), 2 juniors (one of whom is Esa and one of whom is D'Angelo Hunter) and a bunch of sophomores and freshman.

I hope this team is like a typical Syracuse team--progressively improve each week and by the time the conference tournament hits, they are very good.

I would expect us to beat the OOC cupcakes as expected, but to lose a few games we should have won. I think KY will embarrass us at home. I expect our record to be average, but to get hot the last 5-6 games of the season and to do well in our tournament and to squeak into the ncaa tournament. I just laid out a Syracuse scenario when they are less dominant but with a lower seed expected than Syracuse normally gets.

Posted on: 11/13 11:21 am
_________________
Same as it ever was.
Open in new window

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Unofficial Official WVU VS Texas A&M Game Thread
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/29/2008 4:48 pm
From Deadwood, Lakota Territory
Posts: 8212
^^^ Not this ^^^

until we show we can score against a zone defense.

A&M didn't really "go on a run."

They simply switched to a zone defense.

Posted on: 11/13 12:46 pm
_________________
Liberal, Progressive, Socialist, Globalist Fascists in BOTH parties are trying to take over the U.S.A.

Help us Eric Cartman, YOU are our only hope.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Unofficial Official WVU VS Texas A&M Game Thread
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2274
48.4% 52.6% 80.0%
34.3% 30.0% 55.6%
While I am not selling out on the Mountaineers, pick one line above and tell me which one was ours?
FG, 3Pointers, Free throws.
Yes, something has to be done but, when a team shoots near 50% from the field, OVER 50% from 3 point land and 80% from the stripe – very few teams will beat that team. Those numbers show me that A&M had a lights out evening.

Posted on: 11/13 2:06 pm
_________________
montani semper liberi & est ratio liberalismi aegritudinis animi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Unofficial Official WVU VS Texas A&M Game Thread
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 2268
Quote:

MontaniTrout wrote:
I just scanned most of the comments in this thread and we have a bunch of Negative Nancy's. It's the first game of the season and most of the couch is writing this team off.

What I watched vs. Texas A&M- The first 10-15 minutes of the game they were very efficient. Making good passes, taking good shots, using screens effectively, picking up assignments on defense, and getting in position to rebound. As soon as A&M went on a run and took the lead the focus and fundamentals broke down and never returned. This is not a skill level problem. WVU's second string is almost as good as the first string (this is a positive, not a dig). This is a focus breakdown problem. They lost all confidence and looked deflated. Bob Huggins will fix this. This team is very talented, they need more mental toughness.


Well said. I'm looking forward to actually getting to see most of the games this year since we gave in and got Direct TV

Posted on: 11/13 5:38 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Unofficial Official WVU VS Texas A&M Game Thread
Here for the Beer
Joined:
11/10/2013 8:14 pm
Posts: 489
As I watch the first 5 minutes of Michigan State and Duke. I realize we will not be able to compete with these teams at any point in this season. The athleticism and quickness seen is nothing that we have. I can’t believe we can’t get better recruits to Motown to play for Huggs. It’s going to be a long year. Can’t wait to see future post.

Posted on: 11/14 7:25 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Unofficial Official WVU VS Texas A&M Game Thread
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
11/23/2013 12:25 am
From Springfield
Posts: 866
Quote:

jkmaynard wrote:
As I watch the first 5 minutes of Michigan State and Duke. I realize we will not be able to compete with these teams at any point in this season. The athleticism and quickness seen is nothing that we have. I can’t believe we can’t get better recruits to Motown to play for Huggs. It’s going to be a long year. Can’t wait to see future post.


Throwing in the towel already? I felt like we were just tired from the travel and don't have the depth yet to hang.

Posted on: 11/14 7:57 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Unofficial Official WVU VS Texas A&M Game Thread
Here for the Beer
Joined:
11/10/2013 8:14 pm
Posts: 489
Quote:

SchmittBreal wrote:
Quote:

jkmaynard wrote:
As I watch the first 5 minutes of Michigan State and Duke. I realize we will not be able to compete with these teams at any point in this season. The athleticism and quickness seen is nothing that we have. I can’t believe we can’t get better recruits to Motown to play for Huggs. It’s going to be a long year. Can’t wait to see future post.


Throwing in the towel already? I felt like we were just tired from the travel and don't have the depth yet to hang.



I guess we looked “slow” because we were “tired”. I hope atleast. If not it’s going to be a long season. Like I said before the speed between our game and this Duke MSU game is vastly different

Posted on: 11/14 9:12 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Unofficial Official WVU VS Texas A&M Game Thread
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
12/23/2008 4:11 pm
From Lexington, KY (Hurricane, WV is home)
Posts: 832
Maybe we were slow because we were tired, but didn't Texas A&M make the same trip? Or did we take the long way?

Posted on: 11/15 9:13 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Unofficial Official WVU VS Texas A&M Game Thread
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
4/5/2008 11:37 am
From Madison, AL
Posts: 8162
Quote:

WVpunk wrote:
Maybe we were slow because we were tired, but didn't Texas A&M make the same trip? Or did we take the long way?

I think it was aTm just trying harder without their star player.

Posted on: 11/15 2:59 pm
_________________
Thanks goodness we have beer. I've watched WVU football for over 40 years. The only thing that surprises me is a win.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved