We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Re: KANSAS GAMEDAY NON COURTSTORMING THREAD!
Pitt Hater
From Charleston, WV
Dax had 2 good plays and was garbage the rest of the game but almost never came out. Why?
Beating Kansas at home is good. But good teams do that. Ask TTU. We lost to them at home with a 16 point lead. This is way worse than a early season neutral court blowout.
They will beat us by 20 on their court. That was our only real shot at winning the Big 12 for a while.
As Bilas said if you can’t beat them this year, when?

Posted on: 1/15 11:29 pm
Forget what you learned in elementary school. The only ”participation trophy” you’re awarded from life is death. That’s the one thing we all get just for showing up. In the meantime, if you want something better, you have to earn it. - Matt Walsh
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Quote:

WVUswim wrote:
This wasn’t the refs are you fuckin kidding me? This was the best officiated game we had all year. Huggins has done a terrible job these last 2 games and is is being badly out coached on offense. Carter is fouling all the time...he has to stop the ridiculous fouls 80 feet from basket in th first half, those cheap ones that serve no purpose cost him dearly. And he hasn’t learned from the Gonzaga disaster apparently. I thought we were over it but we still intimately are a terrible shooting team and go thru dry spells with no offensive identity. Lamont west has been a disaster the last 2 weeks.

What a terrible 48 hours. You can forget the B12 that’s done

The beatings will continue until morale improves.....

Posted on: 1/15 11:29 pm

Suspected Punter
From Brookneal Va
Heres my take...this was the best officiated game this year. Two games in a row that we blow a double digits lead. Miles needs to come out more he isn't very good....Carter isn't good once pressure hits. Harris not very good. And west is hit or miss. I think we lose again to both TT and KU and now OU. Oh and I think TT wins the big twelve.

Posted on: 1/15 11:31 pm

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
That was a terrible half. Everyone seemed to be waiting for someone else to do something. WVU just hand-wrapped the win to Kansas in the second half, didn't even make them wok for it. If they'e slumping on offense that's one thing, but the defense is usually there but not tonight in the 2nd half. Lamont West was lost and let them have 9-12 uncontested points by being out of position and letting his man get a wide open jumper.

Offensively, what was with all of the careless mistakes? Way too many times guys not ready for passes, careless passes into traffic, letting guys out hustle them for loose balls, letting guys get easy steals, etc. This team is in a funk and it seems Huggins is sitting by and watching it happen.

I think WVU would have benefited from a Wes Harris suspension, it would have forced Huggins to play Teddy Allen, who might have actually been a scorer when WVU really needed one tonight.

It is a shame that a petty good 1st half went to waste. It would be easier to take had Kansas just come in and worked for the win all night instead of just waiting for WVU to wilt and give it to them.

Posted on: 1/15 11:31 pm

RadioShark wrote:
This game has been so thisisridic!

Worst home loss in recent memory...

Posted on: 1/15 11:34 pm

Pitt Hater
I’m very angry, mainly because the last 72 hours have been disasterous for me (Cole traded, TT debacle, Steelers debacle, Cutch teaded, WVU disaster 2.0). There is still room. Kansas isn’t better than us. TT isn’t better than us. We need to get revenge on TT in Morgantown and need to win in Lawrence, simple as that. Kansas hit us hard tonight, now we need to hit back harder. First and foremost, we MUST beat Texas on Saturday or this could get ugly quick. The seniors must lead Saturday

Things needing addressed quickly:
1. Get Buckets back on the floor
2. JC must finish drives instead of retreating and taking MJ fadeaways. Get to the line.
3. JC must stop cheap fouls, especially early. No need for a hand check 82 feet from basket in the first half. No need for any fouls in the first half. The officials were fine tonight, we got lazy
4. Lamont west has been terrible and needs to sit
5. Not Bob’s finest 2 games but I have faith in him to reach them before a slump becomes season ruining
6. Ok, here was the big punch from the League. Now we have to hit back. This league is tough and we were gunna get bruised. Now we need to really show what we are made of

Posted on: 1/15 11:34 pm

Only retribution is to win by 15+ in the Phog...

Posted on: 1/15 11:35 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
How can you hinestly sit there and lie to yourself and say that was the best game we have had officiated this year? The 2nd half was ridiculous.

Posted on: 1/15 11:35 pm

Pitt Hater
From Charleston, WV
Quote:

WVUswim wrote:
I’m very angry, mainly because the last 72 hours have been disasterous for me (Cole traded, TT debacle, Steelers debacle, Cutch teaded, WVU disaster 2.0). There is still room. Kansas isn’t better than us. TT isn’t better than us. We need to get revenge on TT in Morgantown and need to win in Lawrence, simple as that. Kansas hit us hard tonight, now we need to hit back harder. First and foremost, we MUST beat Texas on Saturday or this could get ugly quick. The seniors must lead Saturday

Things needing addressed quickly:
1. Get Buckets back on the floor
2. JC must finish drives instead of retreating and taking MJ fadeaways. Get to the line.
3. JC must stop cheap fouls, especially early. No need for a hand check 82 feet from basket in the first half. No need for any fouls in the first half. The officials were fine tonight, we got lazy
4. Lamont west has been terrible and needs to sit
5. Not Bob’s finest 2 games but I have faith in him to reach them before a slump becomes season ruining
6. Ok, here was the big punch from the League. Now we have to hit back. This league is tough and we were gunna get bruised. Now we need to really show what we are made of

5) Huggins is a big cause for these 2 games. How do you fix that?

Posted on: 1/15 11:37 pm
Forget what you learned in elementary school. The only ”participation trophy” you’re awarded from life is death. That’s the one thing we all get just for showing up. In the meantime, if you want something better, you have to earn it. - Matt Walsh

Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
How can you hinestly sit there and lie to yourself and say that was the best game we have had officiated this year? The 2nd half was ridiculous.

I thought it was mostly fairly officiated myself

Posted on: 1/15 11:39 pm

Pitt Hater
From Charleston, WV
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

That’s just how low the bar is....
Honestly, this game was not the fault of the refs. I put this on Huggins stupid pride.

Posted on: 1/15 11:39 pm

Hell, why didn't Hunter play? Couldn't have been worse than Harris/West/Bender/Bolden/Routt

Posted on: 1/15 11:41 pm

Suspected Punter
From Brookneal Va
That game was all on WVU blowing a lead. Sorry refs didn't put KU back in it. I told my wife before the half....they need to keep the foot on the throttle and bury them. They let up....blew a 14 point lead. And deservingly lost.

Posted on: 1/15 11:44 pm

Suspected Punter
The officiating in this game was not bad. It was vs TT but not tonight. We shiit this game away. I don't know what dynamic caused that lay down in the 2nd but it was almost like we gave it away. Just pathetic.

Posted on: 1/15 11:49 pm

Suspected Punter
From Wadestown,WV
we got to # 2 without Ahmad, he's a good player but not the answer. A great addition though. Why in the hell is Harris a starter, West sucks bad on defense when he's not scoring, Bender is soft. Hell Routt has looked better, more aggressive all year. Miles makes to many mistakes for a senior. Konate looks great but needs to quit taking himself out so much.

Posted on: 1/15 11:50 pm

Party Machine
From Charlottesville, VA
If you are Teddy Alien you just lost complete trust in Huggins.

Posted on: 1/15 11:51 pm

Suspected Punter
Hope someone asks about Teddy at the presser.

Posted on: 1/15 11:57 pm

Pitt Hater
I look for teddy to transfer. He is too confident to ride the pine

Posted on: 1/16 12:08 am

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Turkish wrote:
We are finding out what we are made of. We certainly have what it takes to be a dominant team and defensively we already are, but we are very light-footed and tentative offensively far too often to truly compete for a national title at this point. We get in these stretches where all we do it pass it around the perimeter until someone misses a 3. The longer the stretch of that we get sucked into, the more we let teams stay in it even when it appears that we are the better team.

And if we are going to be a perimeter passing team, there are a lot better ways to go about it. It’s like we only have one player trying to get open at a time, and part of the time it is a half hearted try. Do we press so hard we have to use the time on the opposite side of the court to catch our breath? Back when we did a perimeter passing game under Beilein we would run opposing defenses to death. I thought Huggins was a drive the lane kind of coach. The majority of our players are acting like it is a foreign concept to aggressively drive the lane.

Posted on: 1/16 12:10 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Unless Teddy gets out of the doghouse, I could see him transferring out.

BTW, why did they keep saying Esa was out half the season on an academic eligibility issue? I thought it was substance related after the Gonzaga game failed a drug test.

Thinking same thing about teddy transferring

Posted on: 1/16 12:11 am

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved