We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Longhorns Saturday
Makin' it Rain
Quote:

WVUrocks wrote:
Las Vegas has WVU a 9 point favorite vs. Texas today. That point spread seems a bit high to me but these Vegas experts always have a sound reason for what they do. WVU wins, I'll give the 9 points and predict WVU wins by this game by double digits!

NAILED IT !

Posted on: 1/21 12:14 am

Makin' it Rain
Quote:

FL77Mounty wrote:
Well, there's something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. WV 12-12 100% from the free throw line! We were also 12-23 from the 3-point line. We shoot near 100% on free throws and over 50% on 3's, and we won't lose again this year.

I think as a team we are around 75% from the free throw line this year which is a big improvement over the past when our poor free throw shooting would kill us when we were trying to close out games. Don't know what Huggins did but it's an area that has been fixed this year.

Posted on: 1/21 12:54 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
Good win.

Hopefully this will end the "Teddy Allen is the missing link" storyline. I hope he gets back into the rotation soon but the idea that we would be better off with him rather than Esa Ahmad who is a 3 year starter (his academic suspension aside) is a head scratcher. Allen has a lot of potential but he's still a freshman and has a lot to learn.

Posted on: 1/21 1:05 am

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
I had to watch the game a few hours after it was over. That was fun to watch. Our motion offense had motion. Our shot selection, because our spacing and movement and passing was better, was so much better and we hit our shots. Night and day. The team I saw today, is the powerhouse team that scares the crap out of everyone. We got a little rattled handling their press, but even handled that well.

Good fun! Teddy, say you're sorry! Time to contribute to your team and help out your teammates!

Posted on: 1/21 3:20 am

Eat Shit Pitt

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quick clip...Sags' epic two-handed block, Rembrandt in motion...

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsCBB/status/954812829210591232/video/1

Posted on: 1/21 6:25 am

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
From what Huggs said during his post game remarks Teddy will play on Monday. I guess that means Teddy apologized.

Posted on: 1/21 7:52 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
I think the key was they had Harris playing nearly 30 minutes with Ahmad. When you watched the second half of the Kansas game it seemed to be West that let Myhailuk open for the corner 3's that killed us. West and Ahmad at this point dont play as well together. West has a beautiful o/s shot, prob. best on team with Bolden, but his ball handling/driving game seems wild.

Posted on: 1/21 10:02 am

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
Noticed how the players were mostly prepared to take the shot and not forced to take a shot with time pressure. Our guys were willing and prepared to shoot the ball as opposed to the last second half shooting were they were confused about who was shooting the ball.

Quite obvious when we are playing against three freshmen we are very confident, we are really a great team that needs to believe in themselves and play smartly. Very few errant passes and a few poor bounce passes according to CBS.

Enjoyed watching a confident team playing with the assurance of their skills and not feeling any pressure. Our seniors were excellent in controlling this game and I expect this win is a strong indication of our future games. Maybe the introduction of Esa caused some change in our dynamic playing, but we have it back in ACES now and the league is now going to be taking our team with great preparation as we are playing like a #1 team.

Posted on: 1/21 2:07 pm

« 1 2 3 (4)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved