We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Re: KU Chickenhawks Gameday Thread
Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Once I found out that Higgins was the ref I decided not to watch or listen. I guess that makes me a fair official fan. But I can NOT take it when that man is reffing our games. I knew 100% we would lose playing AT kansas and having that human pile of garbage officiate our games. 35 free throws to 2. Thats all that needs to be said. I feel so bad for our boys. I will NEVER ever watch a basketball game when Higgins is reffing. I dont care if we are playing in the national championship. I will not watch when he is on the floor officiating. I hate that man more than Bill Self.

Posted on: 2/17 9:48 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Suspected Punter
I think I've posted before but I saw Huggins at a luncheon about a year ago and he ripped on the officiating. He hates them and their lack of accountability. This is just another example and a very extreme one of why. My heart goes out to this entire team. They won this game and it was stolen from them. Just in case he reads this, Dax, this is no way on you. You can't beat the refs and the team. You had a great game!

Posted on: 2/17 9:48 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Anything at all about the officiating? Huggs comments? ESPN? Anything? Interested to read/watch/listen.

Posted on: 2/17 9:57 pm

Here for the Beer
From amherst, ma
No updates on the officiating, but in other news Trae Young got another call from the Big O.

Posted on: 2/17 10:01 pm

Pitt Hater
The foul shooting descrepency is nothing short of CRIMINAL!!! Shitt, we didn't even press 75% of the game ffor aall the idiots who try too explain his away to our style of play!!! If I were Huggy, I would seriously turn the boys lose on the opponent with the regal physical play and make em call it!!! **** it, no winning with the way they are callling it now!!!

Posted on: 2/17 10:07 pm

Suspected Punter
I have heard Huggs was pretty broke up about officating during post game interview but nothing I have seen posted yet. ESPN isn't going to put anything up against their ball sack licking Bilas. Commentators had to see this. This was way lopsided and said nothing. You can't tell me this game wasn't fixed. ESPN, refs, who knows who else. Game rigged, took the loss. Fu k em all.

Posted on: 2/17 10:10 pm

Here for the Beer
From Aberdeen, NC
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Anything at all about the officiating? Huggs comments? ESPN? Anything? Interested to read/watch/listen.

Wvillustrated has Huggs and Dax interviews.

Posted on: 2/17 10:11 pm

Suspected Punter
Huggs said he told the team it wasn't their fault. Good job Huggs. Dax seems like he is taking it on himself. Carter seems like he wants to say they got screwed but of course he can't say that. He just walks away. Very happy to see Huggins has their back on this one. These guys played their asses off and got jobbed by the refs.

**Note for you so called "referee experts" who will likely post something. Go **** yourselves.

Posted on: 2/17 10:39 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Quote:

Rollhard2 wrote:
Sorry for the double post but trying to even something up here!!!

OMG the B12 is now altering the message boards. This NCAA corruption is deep.

Posted on: 2/18 1:30 am

Pitt Hater
Worked all day missed game, first thing I noticed is free throws. Refs that bad? 35-2 no way is unbelievable

Posted on: 2/18 2:13 am

Makin' it Rain
Quote:

wvu319 wrote:
Worked all day missed game, first thing I noticed is free throws. Refs that bad? 35-2 no way is unbelievable

Ditto.

I don't like to blame the refs when we lose but this was a joke. Even the ESPN guys that Miles was clearly fouled on that play right before Huggins was ejected.

In the end this game boiled down to that old saying - You can't guard your opponent when they're at the foul line - and the refs didn't call that game the same way for both teams.

Posted on: 2/18 3:07 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From M
We can blame the refs all day, all night and all year yet it will not change a thing. It CERTAINLY wont change how piss poor we play in the final 3-4 minute of games. It wont change Miles not wanting the ball in clutch time --or anyone else for that matter.It wont make Bender and Routt better either. It wont make us a top 10 team, or get us deep in the tourney.

When KU gets the ball they come right at us. When we get the ball we pass it around the perimeter. Big difference in offensive styles. One will get you more fouls and the other wont. I do think refs have us targeted as a tough physical team and because of that we get too many fouls called against us. They definitely call fouls that arent fouls against us every game. This whole crap how we dont get to shoot enough FT's is what comes with the territory of being a non-aggressive offensive team though, imo.

Posted on: 2/18 4:20 am

Makin' it Rain
From Fairmont
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Once I found out that Higgins was the ref I decided not to watch or listen. I guess that makes me a fair official fan. But I can NOT take it when that man is reffing our games. I knew 100% we would lose playing AT kansas and having that human pile of garbage officiate our games. 35 free throws to 2. Thats all that needs to be said. I feel so bad for our boys. I will NEVER ever watch a basketball game when Higgins is reffing. I dont care if we are playing in the national championship. I will not watch when he is on the floor officiating. I hate that man more than Bill Self.

it is spelled "refereeing" and you bust my ass about grammar and spelling.

Maybe you can get your money back for the English classes

Posted on: 2/18 9:55 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Give it away give it away give it away now

Posted on: 2/18 10:52 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
You can put this loss on the Ref's all you want and it wouldn't be inaccurate at all. 35-2 fouls called? Blatant favoritism. But losing these games coming down the stretch is not on the officials. It is on coaching and that is all on Bob Huggins.

On how many plays with a comfy lead did the ball end up at the top of the key hoping for a clear pass to the post and it wasn't there? Drive the damn ball. Two Senior guards and no drives to the hoop? Make Kansas do the damn fouling!

Watching Carter stall with a stationary dribble at half court is an admittance that we can't penetrate an opposing teams defense late in the game. That's bull. If you have a ten point lead with 3 or 4 minutes remaining, make it a 20 point lead. Drive the damn ball!

Where was the press late in the game? Non existent. You know the officials are going to control the game if you let them. Drive! Press on D.

I have the utmost respect for Bob Huggins and he is a hall of fame coach. I still believe that even if we are seeded as a 5, we will go deep in the tournament. Think that neutral Ref's will cut us any kind of a break in the tourny? It ain't happening. Better learn how to get the ball to the post and take same damn fouls ourselves.

Not every one of these double digit melt downs is on Huggins. Hugg's doesn't take the shots and the lid went on the basket in some losses. Bob Huggins needs to coach these kids out of their late game meltdowns. For whatever reason, he is not coaching WV basketball coming down the stretch.

Posted on: 2/18 10:58 am

Party Machine
Quote:

wvu-willy wrote:
You can put this loss on the Ref's all you want and it wouldn't be inaccurate at all. 35-2 fouls called? Blatant favoritism. But losing these games coming down the stretch is not on the officials. It is on coaching and that is all on Bob Huggins.

On how many plays with a comfy lead did the ball end up at the top of the key hoping for a clear pass to the post and it wasn't there? Drive the damn ball. Two Senior guards and no drives to the hoop? Make Kansas do the damn fouling!

Watching Carter stall with a stationary dribble at half court is an admittance that we can't penetrate an opposing teams defense late in the game. That's bull. If you have a ten point lead with 3 or 4 minutes remaining, make it a 20 point lead. Drive the damn ball!

Where was the press late in the game? Non existent. You know the officials are going to control the game if you let them. Drive! Press on D.

I have the utmost respect for Bob Huggins and he is a hall of fame coach. I still believe that even if we are seeded as a 5, we will go deep in the tournament. Think that neutral Ref's will cut us any kind of a break in the tourny? It ain't happening. Better learn how to get the ball to the post and take same damn fouls ourselves.

Not every one of these double digit melt downs is on Huggins. Hugg's doesn't take the shots and the lid went on the basket in some losses. Bob Huggins needs to coach these kids out of their late game meltdowns. For whatever reason, he is not coaching WV basketball coming down the stretch.

You make some good points, but I thought Carter was trying like hell to drive to the basket the last 5 minutes. He just kept getting stuffed. I kept yelling "why is he doing that"? He's too small to try and shoot when surrounded by all that tall timber. Plus,he wasn't going to get a call.......that was evident from the game stats.

Posted on: 2/18 11:39 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

1642 wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

http://www.yourdictionary.com/reffing

You are a ****!ng retard. Literally everyone knows what the word reffing means you absolute dunce.

Posted on: 2/18 12:29 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Fairmont
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

1642 wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

http://www.yourdictionary.com/reffing

You are a ****!ng retard. Literally everyone knows what the word reffing means you absolute dunce.

Must be slang your part of the state

Posted on: 2/18 2:14 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Causes and Cures For Thin Skin

The more you know. . . .

Posted on: 2/18 2:34 pm

Eat Shit Pitt

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
Quote:

wvu319 wrote:

KU point guard DeVonte Graham referenced the difference in foul calls between Kansas and WVU. He said, "WVU fouled a lot and we didn't".

Posted on: 2/18 2:49 pm

"I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy."

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved