We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

Re: KU Chickenhawks Gameday Thread
Pitt Hater
Quote:

titotostito wrote:
Quote:

wvu319 wrote:
Worked all day missed game, first thing I noticed is free throws. Refs that bad? 35-2 no way is unbelievable

KU point guard DeVonte Graham referenced the difference in foul calls between Kansas and WVU. He said, "WVU fouled a lot and we didn't".

what a genius

Posted on: 2/18 2:58 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

1642 wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

1642 wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Once I found out that Higgins was the ref I decided not to watch or listen. I guess that makes me a fair official fan. But I can NOT take it when that man is reffing our games. I knew 100% we would lose playing AT kansas and having that human pile of garbage officiate our games. 35 free throws to 2. Thats all that needs to be said. I feel so bad for our boys. I will NEVER ever watch a basketball game when Higgins is reffing. I dont care if we are playing in the national championship. I will not watch when he is on the floor officiating. I hate that man more than Bill Self.

it is spelled "refereeing" and you bust my ass about grammar and spelling.

Maybe you can get your money back for the English classes

http://www.yourdictionary.com/reffing

You are a ****!ng retard. Literally everyone knows what the word reffing means you absolute dunce.

Must be slang your part of the state

In*

Posted on: 2/18 4:42 pm

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
If you ever played basketball, I did ~ and you were an aggressive player I was, and you had a game with a ref that was whistle happy, I have ~ it gets in your head and the fouls come quickly.

Here's an article from a Kansas reporter:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt- ... ger/article200777984.html

Posted on: 2/18 4:53 pm

Pitt Hater

Posted on: 2/18 5:08 pm

WMITC
From Here
Quote:

eers4evr wrote:
Here's an article from a Kansas reporter:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt- ... ger/article200777984.html

Excerpt: "Huggins can complain about officiating, but even the league coaches exasperated about calls at Allen Fieldhouse know his teams foul a lot, and they’re probably wondering why he spent the last 9 minutes trying to milk a 10-point lead by having his point guard who struggles to create his own shot attempt to create his own shot."

I would like to know that as well. The strategy seemed to be "let's have Carter dribble out the clock." That works when there are 9 seconds to play, not 9 minutes.

Posted on: 2/18 5:12 pm

Pitt Hater
No matter how bad our strategy was at the end of game , there is no way a team gets 33 more free throws during a game that’s was suppose to be called fairly.

Posted on: 2/18 5:22 pm

Pitt Hater
I wonder every game when we need to score why Carter holds the ball and more importantly why Huggins lets him...

Maybe it was posted somewhere, but why didn't Teddy get more minutes?

Posted on: 2/18 5:24 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Fairmont
1 Was disappointedl with Carter just dribbling the ball out front

2 I know we will get more fouls called But we talking about shooting only
THREE to their 30 some no way

Posted on: 2/18 5:39 pm

Pitt Hater
From austin, tx
Quote:

2 I know we will get more fouls called But we talking about shooting only
THREE to their 30 some no way

ESPN said this was the greatest disparity ever for visitor fouls vs home fouls in a Big 12 game.

Posted on: 2/19 12:43 am

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
Need to get the math dept to run statistics on this game. Self is getting all the breaks and it is finally being noticed. He is not God but the refs treat his team with reverence. Lost interest in this whole sports bs as the cheating is too obvious to be enjoyable. Last post here as this entire fandom scene is always shorted by one thing or another. I know we do not have the best team but never winning at Kansas just sucks. Yes, my opinion is that the game needs to be reviewed and investigated as the fouls are not always called and the importance of moment can change the game. 35 - 2 free throws is absurd.

Posted on: 2/19 5:47 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Dont worry. He will be paying recruits after kansas is booted after the first round while we are in the final four. Kansas cant do anything out of league play without protection from officials.

Posted on: 2/19 9:08 am

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
I looked at the box scores of games that Kansas lost at home and they didn't get a special break from the refs. Without the refs in their pocket they aren't special.

Posted on: 2/19 9:33 am

From Charlottesville, Virginia
I replied to a tweet by a celebrity who was praising Kansas for winning. He attributed it to grit. I attributed it to home cooking. Some Kansas' fan's response to my pointing out the 35-2 disparity in free throws was "WVU needed to drive to the basket more." 35-2. Not 30-20. 35-2.

Posted on: 2/19 9:41 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
I replied to a tweet by a celebrity who was praising Kansas for winning. He attributed it to grit. I attributed it to home cooking. Some Kansas' fan's response to my pointing out the 35-2 disparity in free throws was "WVU needed to drive to the basket more." 35-2. Not 30-20. 35-2.

35-20 is believable. 35-15 is believable. Hell, 35 to 10 is still SOMEWHAT believable. But 35-2?? There is NO way. I'm sorry. In college basketball there is absolutely no excuse for a team to only shoot 2 free throws to the other teams 35. 2 free throws to 15 is pushing it. Ive honestly never seen a game with that much of a discrepancy. Also when I mentioned the gane to a work buddy (HUGE twerp fan) he said the exact same thing. Then I said how is it possible for one team to only shoot 2 free throws? Didnt have an answer. He just said "yeah, youre right. But you guys do foul a lot." And I told him I'm not arguing the 35, but the 2. And he goes, "on okay, well yeah I can see your point"

Posted on: 2/19 9:58 am

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
Kansas and the rest of college basketball fans know that 35-2 is impossible unless the refs are told otherwise. This is clear evidence of the cheating in college sports and the root of the cheating is the refs. Just like so many other things in life that are false, ie Trump not being sexually engaged with other woman and being a womanizer when the hush money is being exposed by the NYT, you have the inside jobs like this game. Nobody would believe the Kansas players are near perfect and so gentle as not to foul, are they angels? LOL Yet because WVU was playing and winning the game constantly there was no allowance to call a penalty against Kansas. The refs followed orders and got exposed! Now all college students will look at this game and hopefully understand the pervasive corruption in sports and in business and yes in politics.

Americans have become so numb to the constant lies by our government and lack of concern; yes, the FBI is just one organization of this foul system we allow to operate without any overview and the people who run this organization will not be punished but given a promotion. That is how the system works.

Expect no statement from the authoritative organizations about the lack of honest officiating as they incapable of speaking, sans a forked tongue.

As Gomer Pyle would say, "Shame, Shame, Shame on you..." for allowing corruption to go repeatedly unpunished. From killing Americans to throwing basketball games, these days are the end days and God's patience is busting with rage. Just another war with the devil. Those involved will suffer in silence as the mind does not reveal itself for all to see. I thought someone would call for a review and unmask what we all know to be true but until the day of judgment comes we can only speculate.

Posted on: 2/19 5:53 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
My wife is not a WVU fan. She is a South Carolina native and could not care less about WVU. But she sat with me during the second half of the game and even she made the statement that the game was not fairly called. Keep in mind, I said nothing about the refs....she did.

Posted on: 2/19 6:07 pm

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
One of the winningest coaches in college basketball has had enough of the refs not being held accountable for throwing games in such an untoward manner. No way can a game go with only 2 free throws says the man with 40-years of playing this game.

Never bet on the games as this game is like the building 7 on 9-11 and the 3000 plus architects and engineers who know how buildings are put together http://www.ae911truth.org/gallery/evidence.html protested but no reaction from the corrupt government. The money people are controlling us from behind the guise of bureaucratic government. The same money people who have each taxpayer burdened with a national debt of $170,000+!

Trust them to protect the environment and protect us. We need to wake up and stop accepting the rubber stamp of officials and demand a change. Both parties are in agreement on governmental crimes and allow it to continue without any corrective measures. We need a quasi-governmental watchdog agency made up of investigative reporters and concerned citizens from the various newspapers and other social media outlets to investigate our government and other topics without the governmental coverup mechanisms being allowed to obstruct them.

Posted on: 2/19 6:20 pm

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
BOBBY MCILVAINE ACT is asking for the truth. Please inform your congressperson to support this bill. The governmental murders of its citizens on behalf of the bureaucratic elite to achieve control over our lives is as apparent as the 35-2 free throws we saw in the Kansas game.

Wake up and understand not all is what it appears to be and the sins of yesterday will come back and have its day of reckoning.

Posted on: 2/19 6:29 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Someone, somewhere is getting paid. Money always is the bottom line. Root that rat out and you'll find the answer. That is all. Take your torches and go!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLvGnro4Cgw

Posted on: 2/19 6:33 pm

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
Analysis of Kansas Free Throw allowed this season
Tennessee State 10-16
Kentucky 12-18
South Dakota State 16-25
Texas Southern 7-13
Oakland 7-7
Toledo 6-8
Syracuse 6-27
Washington 7-15
Arizona State 15-20
Nebraska 6-8
Omaha 11-17
Stanford 6-11
Texas 17-21
Texas Tech 21-25
TCU 21-22
Iowa State 7-11
Kansas State 10-11
West Virginia 11-12
Baylor 15-21
Oklahoma 20-25
Texas A&M 7-11
Kansas State 8-11
Oklahoma State 8-13
TCU 8-15
Baylor 10-15
Iowa State 14-21
West Virginia 1-2!

No doubt the refs influenced this game and we should never forget this!

Posted on: 2/19 7:04 pm

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved