We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 2017-2018 Season predictions:
Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
I have WVU going 21-9 overall.
The OOC is not too tough, the AdvoCare, will prob. bring a couple Power 5 oppts, but both will be winnable, It will prob. be Marist, Nebraska, then St Johns. I have team winning all OOC till Kentucky. Virginia will be tough, but have them at home, then Pitt which lost to Navy. So 10-2 OOC.
Then prob. 11-7 in Big 12, which will prob 3rd or so in league. Have Kansas marked down as two losses and ISU, OSU as four wins. I think we get 6 seed in tourney.

I guess original forecast from November was right, upped mid-season, thinking we might finish 12-6 or higher. Though I do think based on current projections we prob. end up a 5 seed. I do think we make it to sweet sixteen again this year.

Posted on: 2/25 9:19 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
The OOC is not too tough, the AdvoCare, will prob. bring a couple Power 5 oppts, but both will be winnable, It will prob. be Marist, Nebraska, then St Johns. I have team winning all OOC till Kentucky. Virginia will be tough, but have them at home, then Pitt which lost to Navy. So 10-2 OOC.
Then prob. 11-7 in Big 12, which will prob 3rd or so in league. Have Kansas marked down as two losses and ISU, OSU as four wins. I think we get 6 seed in tourney.

I guess original forecast from November was right, upped mid-season, thinking we might finish 12-6 or higher. Though I do think based on current projections we prob. end up a 5 seed. I do think we make it to sweet sixteen again this year.

We will be higher than a 5. In fact, I think we are going to win the B12 tourney this year.

Posted on: 2/25 12:09 pm

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
At this point I like where we are. TTU and UT are both games WVU should win. If they do that's a 4-game streak and 5 of 6 going into the post-season. Nobody is talking about WVU anymore unless they're talking about how far WVU has fallen. I still see room for improvement but I think this team is right there and I don't see a single team that's going to be in the tourny that WVU can't beat.

Posted on: 2/25 1:33 pm

RadioShark wrote:
This game has been so thisisridic!

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Quote:

SchmittBreal wrote:
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Quote:

jameschi wrote:

We will be higher than a 5. In fact, I think we are going to win the B12 tourney this year.

I think maybe a four if we win out regular season, The committee never really gives the conference tourney as much weight as regular season. RPI at 29 is too low to make jump into 3 seed. Unless teams ahead like North Carolina, Purdue, Cincy, lose a game they shouldn't. If Zona gets banned that could help too,

Posted on: 2/25 2:11 pm

Pitt Hater
From austin, tx
More interested in how they do in the NCAA. Regular season has been schizophrenic, with WVU’s performance level among the best of the country at times and terrible at others, both in games and in halves. WVU had a 15 game winning streak and # 2 ranking followed by losing 5 of 6 and 7 of 10. In terms of halves, they’ve blow double-digit leads to Texas Tech, Kansas, Ky, OSU, and Kansas, and a total melt-down against Baylor in the 2nd half.
If this continues in the NCAA, they won’t go far because of inconsistency. But, they have a chance against anyone. If they face a 1-seed early one, I wonder if they’d be better off in a close game rather than getting a big lead. Then, they won’t try to run the clock out.

Posted on: 2/25 7:18 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Wouldn't happen, but gosh would I love to be in Kansas' bracket.

Posted on: 2/25 9:23 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Springfield
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Wouldn't happen, but gosh would I love to be in Kansas' bracket.

We will be over there with Kentucky like always. Cal is such a cheater man, can't stand the way he does things.

Posted on: 2/25 10:10 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Well 22-9 it is, Big 12 tourney just too hard to predict, I think we win at least one, I do think we make it to Sweet sixteen again unless Kentucky is the second game.

Posted on: 3/3 6:10 pm

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
Quote:

ncohen wrote:
More interested in how they do in the NCAA. Regular season has been schizophrenic, with WVU’s performance level among the best of the country at times and terrible at others, both in games and in halves. WVU had a 15 game winning streak and # 2 ranking followed by losing 5 of 6 and 7 of 10. In terms of halves, they’ve blow double-digit leads to Texas Tech, Kansas, Ky, OSU, and Kansas, and a total melt-down against Baylor in the 2nd half.
If this continues in the NCAA, they won’t go far because of inconsistency. But, they have a chance against anyone. If they face a 1-seed early one, I wonder if they’d be better off in a close game rather than getting a big lead. Then, they won’t try to run the clock out.

Watching the highlights you can see the D being soft with all eyes on the ball handler and the outside 3 being uncontested. How many times do we have to be burned by not covering the outside shooter? We simply (#23) allowed the pass and shoot an uncontested 3 in overtime. No man coverage and the game is lost cause we allow a soft defense to accommodate Esa's scoring prowess. It is something that we get burned on with the press repeatedly. I think our style is our undoing as our conference knows how to take advantage of the open man to have easy shooting. We are at the bottom of shooting percentage due to the lack of open shots while we allow other teams to flourish in shooting outside shots. Kansas understands the puzzle and I think any team we play in the tourney will run the 3-2 against us like Texas did. Our schemes are not too difficult to pierce and the fouls we commit in the press may cause us to lose due to the charity shooting and open 3s. We are giving the game away due to lack of coverage late in the game.

The opponents can always catch us in the second half cause they know our weaknesses. We can not get open shooting or have no confidence in taking the open shots while they are 20 to 40% higher then us in shooting percentage.

Posted on: 3/4 9:23 am

Anonymous
Account_DeletedAnonymous
Freshman Teddy Allen should not shoot any 3 point shots. .125% 3/24

Senior Daxter Miles likewise .293% 39/133 needs to understand how to shoot a 3. He is not confident and needs to admit it and build his confidence up immediately. Practice and have faith. His FT% has improved fantastically .737 but the outside shooting is deplorable and is breaking the bank

Sophmore Harris need to practice additionally. .304 What is with this lousy shooting? Get it understood that you guys need to shoot in the 40% range and being 30% below Kansas is not going to win games.

Esa is not much better with .321 38/53 FT has improved steadily but the key is the TRIPLE POINTS money shot

James needs to shoot the outside more as he is far superior .429 to the rest. Maybe he can lead a shooting camp for the other guys. NICE HIGH ARCH SHOTS! Somebody needs to shake up this raggity bunch of pretenders as they are not contenders in the least with the poor essentials.

Sophmore Chase Harler needs to skip the 3 shooting also .308 and his overall shooting is just as weak .305 12/39 not much of a shooter in a game that needs shooters.
This is why his playing time is limited.

Just can not shoot the ball with confidence. Practice! If the charity shooting can improve so can the outside shooting!!!! You can see the benefit of putting the time in shooting as we have success stories of guys raising their skill sets ie rebounding, charity shooting etc it just takes commitment.

These are just a few notes from a review that Bob is all too aware of. His team is not proficient in shooting so the hustle of the press is a coverup of weak shooters who have not developed their game of taking a good shot and making it. Simple solutions for poor playing.

JC needs to lead this team and he is with his excellent FT% .856 and solid 3 point shooting .383 62/162 There needs to be a competitive game of just outside shooting as we a so-so soft in the crowd-pleasing money shot. Bunch of penny-pinching charity shooters that are throwing the game away. Penny wise and dollar foolish!

Posted on: 3/4 9:47 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
I think Teddy doesn't still shoot threes bc he will get pulled if he does. Though I think next season will be different.

I like Harris bc he usually plays solid defense. Though he does need to work on three's offseason, since he is left open quite a bit.

Ahmad is getting better, not sure if he should slim down a little to get more quickness or not, Roach blew past him a few times, though maybe he is too big at this point to be on a quicker guard.

Sags is great and wouldn't mind him being exactly the same for next season.

Bolden is prob. best shooter, but did notice in last couple of games when longer guards are on him he's being getting blocked.

West is great coming off bench, hitting needed 3's. Don't see him a starter next season.

Harler not that great a shooter, maybe he gets better but thought with his lack of quickness that his strength would be shooting and touch. Don't see him as fast enough to cover most of the Big 12 guards.

I'm fine with Daxter shooting the o/s 3's as long as uncontested. The law of averages will be in his favor.

Carter has played perfect, though at times it seems he does dribble too much, maybe it's bc other guys aren't getting open, dont know.

The team has alot of key ingredients, missing obviously is that D. Butler type of clutch player to hit the game winning shots down the stretch. I'm hoping for at least a sweet 16 run, but depending on matchups could go further. Next season we should be good, though obviously worried about guard play on defensive end. It seems we will have a bunch of undersized quick guards. (Bolden, Knapper, McCabe). I think the hope is Doomes can play like Tarik.

Posted on: 3/4 10:46 am

« 1 2 (3)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved