We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

NCAA Commission Recommends Host of Changes
Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown
Interesting stuff and hopefully they finally tackle the problem. I personally like the concept of making freshman ineligible if the NBA doesn't address its rule on age limits

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27 ... al&utm_campaign=editorial

NBA is involved as well

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27 ... al&utm_campaign=editorial

Posted on: 4/25 9:46 am
I am the bone of my sword, circuits my body and code my blood. I have crafted over a 1000 programs. Unaware of bugs not aware of success withstood pain to create apps, waiting for ones arrival I have no regrets this is the only path my whole life was UNLI
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: NCAA Commission Recommends Host of Changes
Makin' it Rain
From Here
Excerpts from the AP story:

The Commission on College Basketball sharply directed the NCAA to take control of the sport, calling for sweeping reforms to separate pro and college tracks, permit players to return to school after going undrafted by the NBA and ban cheating coaches for life.

It's not yet clear how the governing body would pay for some of the proposals, and some of the panel's key recommendations would require cooperation from the NBA, its players union and USA Basketball.

NCAA President Mark Emmert said he wants reforms in place by August. The commission does, too. And it wants to review the NCAA's plans for implementation before it goes before the boards for approval.

ENFORCEMENT

The commission recommended harsher penalties for rule-breakers and that the NCAA outsource the investigation and adjudication of the most serious infractions cases. Level I violations would be punishable with up to a five-year postseason ban and the forfeiture of all postseason revenue for the time of the ban. That could be worth tens of millions to major conference schools. By comparison, recent Level I infractions cases involving Louisville and Syracuse basketball resulted in postseason bans of one year.

In those cases, then-Louisville coach Rick Pitino, who was later fired after being tied to the FBI investigation, received a five-game NCAA suspension for violations related to an assistant coach hiring strippers for recruits, and Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim was suspended for nine games for academic misconduct and extra benefits violations. The commission said suspensions should be longer, up to one full season.

Instead of show cause orders, which are meant to limit a coach's ability to work in college sports after breaking NCAA rules, the report called for lifetime bans. The commission also said coaches and administrators should be contractually obligated comply with NCAA investigations.

"The rewards of success, athletic success, have become very great. The deterrents sometimes aren't as effective as they need to be. What we want are deterrents that really impact an institution," said Notre Dame President Fr. John Jenkins, who was a member of the Rice commission.

The full AP story is at Yahoo.com (as well as other sources I'm certain).

Posted on: 4/25 10:38 am

Scientists discover, understand and inform.

Environmentalists preach.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: NCAA Commission Recommends Host of Changes
Here for the Beer
From Fairmont WV
Good Night Kentucky. They slob all over one and dones.

Posted on: 4/26 7:44 am

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved