We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 »

Re: WVU Football 2018 Recruiting Thread
Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
This is a very exciting recruiting year. I'm pump about this group of guys.

Posted on: 10/20 4:36 pm

Noob
Kwantel Raines is set to announce his commitment Monday night in Aliquippa. Virtually all the experts are calling this for WVU. Should he commit, he will make 19 in the class and a huge get for us. He looks like Kyzir White 2.0.

One LB (Zakoby McClain, it looks like for now) and one CB (Jeremy Webb is option A, Taymon Cooke is option B) will likely finish the defense. The offense would like a tackle (Luke Tenuta, Josh Ezeudu, or a couple more options) and at least one WR (Joseph Scates, Dillon Spalding, and a few other options). That will probably just about do it. There are 20 scholarships available now (perhaps 21 if Billy Kinney goes back to walk on). If all of the above commit, that makes 23 in the class. Where does the attrition lie? Transfers already count toward present scholarships, but i listed them as newcomers t othe active roster.

QB: We gain two (transfer Allison and Lowe) and possibly lose one (Grier to early entry). No other attrition expected.

RB: Gain one (Brown), lose one (Crawford). As planned.

TE/HB/FB: Lose one (Wellman), gain three (transfer Haskins, O'laughlin, Banks). Planned attention to that area.

WR: Lose two (White and Marenco), maybe one more (Sills to early entry), gain 4-6 (transfer Simmons, James, Wheaton, Fields, 1-2 more recruits possible). Attrition possible here, given a couple of would-be seniors with little playing time (Crest, Rogers).

OL: Lose 2 (Bosch, Lingafelter), gain 3-4 (Uzebu, Mays, Scott, maybe 1 more). May have a little attrition, but doubtful.

DL: Lose 2 (Pegues, Lewis), gain 4 (Stills, Williams, Allen, Gmiter). More possible attrition as Fields, Wolfley,and Pooler have already been jumped by true freshmen this year, with more talent coming next year.

LB: Lose 3 (Benton, Preston, Christian), gain 3 (Chandler, Benton, maybe McClain). Doubtful there is any attrition.

CB: Lose 3 (Battle, Daniels, Winfield), gain 3 (Rogers, Norwood, one more). Again, not likely to be attrition, though true freshman Robinson has jumped several older players and the two signed so far seem good too)

S: Lose 3 (White, Commodore and Gross), likely gain Raines. Signed a bunch of safeties last year. No worries.

ST: Lose 2 (Molina, Meadows the long snapper), gain 1 (transfer Simcox). Still ok.

That is just recruiting. I think we can expect good work from the staff in working transfers. The track record is excellent in recent years.

Posted on: 10/27 12:28 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Noob
Kwantel Raines is in the house! He is commitment number 19 and the heir apparent to Kyzir White. He becomes the sixth WVU commit with a 4-star rating in at least one recruiting service. This class is going to be special. Kudos to the staff. They aren't done yet. Zakoby McClain on deck!

Posted on: 10/30 6:59 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From spencer
Returning 80% of the two deep, and a great incoming class. If Grier and sills stay next year- wow

Posted on: 10/30 7:24 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Huge get for Raines

Posted on: 10/30 7:56 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
This could end up becoming a Top 25 class, very promising future if we can get all these guys to Morgantown.

Posted on: 10/30 7:57 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior

Posted on: 10/31 4:43 pm

Noob
i have serious doubts this will be a top 25 class when all is said and done. It will definitely be top 30, but there are several programs currently behind us in the rankings that will pass us by before signing day gets here. Right now, we are leading Alabama, Clemson, Southern Cal, Michigan, Auburn, and LSU. You know that won't last. Some of them have room for 8-10 more commits. South Carolina and Kentucky probably will pass us, as may Baylor and Louisville. We only have a realistic shot of catching two above us, Va Tech and TCU. The latter isn't likely. We are just going to have to be satisfied in pulling in our best class in years, maybe ever. We are getting better, but so is everyone else. With power 5 money comes power 5 recruiting. The talent gap between the p5 and g5 continues to widen drastically.

I'm guessing we have 4-5 spots left. One goes to LB Zakoby McClain if and when he commits. One goes to a CB (Jeremy Webb, Taymon Cooke, or Keith Washington). One goes to an offensive lineman (Luke Tenuta, Reuben Lewis, or one of the tackles from Georgia), and one or two to a WR (Dillon Spalding from Va has visited and is announcing his top two tonight, and we are gaining some traction; and Joseph Scates is still out there). It will be interesting to see how the staff closes this class down the stretch. Oh yeah, and hang on to Leddie Brown!

Posted on: 11/1 7:31 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown

Posted on: 11/2 4:34 pm
I am the bone of my sword, circuits my body and code my blood. I have crafted over a 1000 programs. Unaware of bugs not aware of success withstood pain to create apps, waiting for ones arrival I have no regrets this is the only path my whole life was UNLI

Grant Ave. Warrior
It's an offer. Period.

Posted on: 11/2 5:10 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

keczan wrote:
Looks like you can add Arjei Henderson

https://247sports.com/college/west-vir ... ve-Star-Wideout-109842425

It's an offer, and also a 2019 recruit. A lot of time before we see how that one shakes out.

Posted on: 11/2 6:42 pm

Noob
And, to the praise of many, the offer goes out to Tavis Lee today. My bet is a commit follows soon.

Posted on: 11/4 6:25 pm

Noob
Very quiet on the recruiting front. 19 commits so far and one transfer. 5 or 6 spots left according to Keenan Cummings. Here's where we stand from my outsider's perspective:

We are looking at 4 positions, WR, OL, LB, and CB. Every other position seems filled at this time. I think Brown remains committed unless someone makes a late push. I think everyone else seems solid at the moment.

WR: Dillon Spalding is the one to watch. He's locked in an official visit on Dec 9 and Michigan is his only other school of interest (no visit date set to Ann Arbor). We are looking very strong for him. There was some talk of flipping Devonta Jason from Kansas, but it looks like LSU does that if anyone does. I don't know what is going on with Joseph Scates, but either this is hush-hush or we are not interested. Louisville is. So we'll see.

OL: There are a handful of prospects for one, maybe two OL spots. JUCO Reuben Lewis has an official set, and it might be between us and LSU for him. A few high school prospects have mutual interest: Jalen Goss (likely winds up in the SEC), Luke Tenuta (likely ACC), and Josh Ezeudu (who knows?). There are a couple more JUCOs, but still a lot of mystery.

LB: Zakoby McClain is the big fish here, but things have been really quiet with him lately. He's from Georgia, and could play in the SEC. We'll have to wait and see. We offered Tavis Lee over the weekend. I don't know if his offer is an immediate "take" or not, but he might be the insurance if McClain doesn't come. He might come anyway, but they are likely waiting on McClain. James Miller has some interest, but he will likely stay in Florida.

CB: Lots of prospects for one slot. Jeremy Webb is the highest ranked. There has been talk of flipping Corione Harris from KU, which would be huge. Both he and WR Devonta Jason are from the same high school as Tevin Bush. JUCO Keith Washington is in the conversation, and so is Taymon Cooke. At least 3 more JUCO players have been offered too. Very cloudy at this point.

And then there are the transfers that will become available. It should be fun as we near the early signing period, which begin Dec 20 for both high schoolers and JUCOs.

Posted on: 11/8 8:52 am

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
Got an email earlier from 247sports or something that said breaking news, in state star commits to mountaineers. Anyone have any idea who this is? I'm not an insider, so i couldn't read it. Anyone know?

Edit: I figured it out, it's Martinsburg DL Tavis Lee. He's going to play LB at WVU, unless he gets a lot bigger. That's the plan, anyways.

Posted on: 11/15 6:12 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

MichaelJLucasWV wrote:
Got an email earlier from 247sports or something that said breaking news, in state star commits to mountaineers. Anyone have any idea who this is? I'm not an insider, so i couldn't read it. Anyone know?

Edit: I figured it out, it's Martinsburg DL Tavis Lee. He's going to play LB at WVU, unless he gets a lot bigger. That's the plan, anyways.

The thoughts around are that he red-shirts and get's some weight on his bones and plays that hybrid edge rusher a-la Bruce Irvin. He's a project commitment, but I'm happy with it. We need to keep our in-state talent that can play at the next level, and it seems that we've been doing a lot better job with that lately. Gotta tip my hat to Dana, him and staff have been hitting the recruiting trail pretty damn hard.

Posted on: 11/15 7:05 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Dana said that getting the contract extension last year would be huge for recruiting, since he can assure the players and parents that he will be at WVU for a long time.

Posted on: 11/15 9:34 pm

Party Machine
Hey

Posted on: 11/24 9:30 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

jkmaynard wrote:
Hey

Posted on: 11/24 10:18 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From spencer
Hey hey hey gooodbye

Posted on: 11/24 6:28 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Since 1891..."There's always next year!"...A premium vintage, of course.

Posted on: 11/24 6:56 pm

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved