We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 »

Re: WVU Football 2018 Recruiting Thread
Pitt Hater
Quote:

SteveinCanto wrote:
I live less than a mile from the hall of fame. By your reasoning I should be the smartest on this board. His high school plays at a level comparable to single a in WV. He was not recruited by anyone and looking at his size he is really small. I work about 5 minutes from roots town in Kent Ohio and had never heard of him until this post. If he had any talent Kent state and Akron which are both within 20 minutes of his school would of recruited him

Heck, had I known that, you living less than a mile away, I would have claimed you were the smartest on this board. It was a joke.

Posted on: 1/19 12:04 pm

Suspected Punter
As expected, Vincent Gray committed to Michigan today. That is a potential CB name off the board for the 2018 class.

Posted on: 1/21 2:39 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
What happened to Young???

EDIT:

Apparently his mother was ill. I've been looking forward to seeing him ever since our waitress in NC told us about him randomly because I was wearing WVU gear (she was his friend).

Posted on: 1/22 9:52 am

Suspected Punter
Casey Hughes, the grad transfer CB we were looking at, has announced he will transfer to Michigan. What is it with us and Michigan? They just got two CBs we wanted. They took Beilein and Rod, but gave us Kyle Bosch, Ryan Mundy, and the older Ferns brother. Do we have some kind of trade treaty with them?

Posted on: 1/23 12:26 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From spencer
Quote:

professeer wrote:
Casey Hughes, the grad transfer CB we were looking at, has announced he will transfer to Michigan. What is it with us and Michigan? They just got two CBs we wanted. They took Beilein and Rod, but gave us Kyle Bosch, Ryan Mundy, and the older Ferns brother. Do we have some kind of trade treaty with them?

Yea and they send Huntington all there drug dealers

Posted on: 1/23 9:02 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
What happened to Young???

EDIT:

Apparently his mother was ill. I've been looking forward to seeing him ever since our waitress in NC told us about him randomly because I was wearing WVU gear (she was his friend).

Poor guy, couldn't imagine having to deal with stuff like that at his age, hopefully she's doing well and he has a successful career elsewhere.

Posted on: 1/23 10:34 pm

Suspected Punter
Things are starting to clear up with a little under two weeks from signing day. This weekend, WVU is bringing in three official visitors so far. One is Taymon Cooke, who has been part of the recruiting process all along. Another is 4-star JUCO DL Emmit Gooden, and the third is JUCO OL and Kansas commit Mike Brown. Next weekend the only official visit on tap so far is JUCO DL Val Martin.

It seems that OL, DL, and CB are the only spots left to recruit. Depending on who is available, it looks like WVU is prepared to take 1-2 at each position. Here are the names of those currently in play:

DL: Gooden, Martin, and Tavis Lee. All will have officially visited by signing day. Gooden has lots of offers and will probably visit somewhere next weekend. He has visited Arkansas, Louisville, and Arizona State. Martin is visiting Washington State this weekend and went to FAU last weekend. We are the only big school after Lee.

OL: Brown would have to flip. We are looking at Reuben Lewis who is leaning ECU and visiting there next week and Beau Morris who visits SMU this week. Maybe Morris will come to town next week.

CB: Cooke is visiting this week. I don't think current verbal Jayce Rogers has visited yet. There are a couple of JUCOs in play, but no word of visits on Benjie Franklin or Terrance Williams. Franklin visits Ole Miss next week. Cooke might finally be a take.

Maybe WVU only takes 1 each and looks for other late-out JUCOs or combs the transfer market. Gooden is potentially exciting. Not many 4-stars left on the board at this point. Stay tuned.

Posted on: 1/26 12:52 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Thanks for the update.

Posted on: 1/26 1:06 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

professeer wrote:
Things are starting to clear up with a little under two weeks from signing day. This weekend, WVU is bringing in three official visitors so far. One is Taymon Cooke, who has been part of the recruiting process all along. Another is 4-star JUCO DL Emmit Gooden, and the third is JUCO OL and Kansas commit Mike Brown. Next weekend the only official visit on tap so far is JUCO DL Val Martin.

It seems that OL, DL, and CB are the only spots left to recruit. Depending on who is available, it looks like WVU is prepared to take 1-2 at each position. Here are the names of those currently in play:

DL: Gooden, Martin, and Tavis Lee. All will have officially visited by signing day. Gooden has lots of offers and will probably visit somewhere next weekend. He has visited Arkansas, Louisville, and Arizona State. Martin is visiting Washington State this weekend and went to FAU last weekend. We are the only big school after Lee.

OL: Brown would have to flip. We are looking at Reuben Lewis who is leaning ECU and visiting there next week and Beau Morris who visits SMU this week. Maybe Morris will come to town next week.

CB: Cooke is visiting this week. I don't think current verbal Jayce Rogers has visited yet. There are a couple of JUCOs in play, but no word of visits on Benjie Franklin or Terrance Williams. Franklin visits Ole Miss next week. Cooke might finally be a take.

Maybe WVU only takes 1 each and looks for other late-out JUCOs or combs the transfer market. Gooden is potentially exciting. Not many 4-stars left on the board at this point. Stay tuned.

You're awesome man, appreciate the great info and keeping everyone updated throughout the recruiting season, much appreciated!!

Posted on: 1/26 11:00 am

Pitt Hater
Yeah - thess guys will surely bring up our recruiting class rankings.

Posted on: 1/26 12:31 pm

Suspected Punter
A couple more developments on the football front. The Adams twins (Jordan and Jacquiz) are no longer Mountaineers. That leaves 77 scholarship players either signed or enrolled. It also leaves WVU with only 6 CBs on the roster and only one with meaningful experience (Hakeem Bailey). The need at CB just shot through the roof. Perhaps WVU gets more serious about safety now and moves Kenny Robinson back to a corner for the time being. Gotta like Taymon Cooke's chances now.

The Kansas JUCO OL Mike Brown is in town as is Emmit Gooden. We shall see what happens, but there is more roster room now.

Posted on: 1/26 8:59 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Disappointed we didn't get Casey Hughes, but need to find a graduate transfer at CB. I'd say keep Robinson at safety since he was dominating there. I assume then we have 8 spots open.

Posted on: 1/27 10:25 am

Suspected Punter
Right. We have 8 open roster spots as of right now. We have 77 scholarship players either enrolled or signed letter-of-intent.

Tavis Lee recently tweeted that he will become a Mountaineer on Feb 7. I don't know why he did not sign in December, but it looks like he will in a week and a half.

Joe Brown, brother of KU commit and WVU official visitor Mike Brown, is also on campus this weekend. He has done some travelling in his college career, but originally played offensive line for Miami (Fla) as a RS freshman. He transferred after that year and wound up at BYU. He is a grad transfer now with one year left. Maybe WVU closes the offensive line additions with both Browns and replaces one pair of brothers (Adams) with another. If that happens, it would give them a total of 14 scholarship O-linemen.

We will have to wait and see on Gooden at DL I think. He has a lot of big offers and one weekend left to see one of them. If we don't get him, we will push hard for Val Martin. Lee and either Gooden or Martin will probably seal the DL recruiting.

CB has space for two. I am thinking Taymon Cooke is one, and maybe Jayce Rogers is the other. Rogers' name has not come up much, but he remains on the commit list. He hasn't visited to my knowledge. I'm not sure who might be available as a grad transfer. Benjie Franklin was the biggest JUCO name, but he is slated at Ole Miss next weekend. I think he is SEC bound. Terrance Williams is another name. He originally signed with Louisville, but went JUCO. WVU is his only offer, but I don't know what his situation is.

There is still Angus Davies, the punter from down under.

That leaves room for one more, and that might be Kwantel Raines' "mystery flip" on signing day. A name to keep an eye on is the Enis kid from Arizona. He is the son of former PSU RB Curtis Enis and is leaning hard toward his dad's alma mater at WR. If he commits to PSU, the lone unsigned commit at PSU might not feel wanted anymore. Hmmm.....

Posted on: 1/27 2:27 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:
That leaves room for one more, and that might be Kwantel Raines' "mystery flip" on signing day.

What do you mean by "mystery flip"? I don't understand.

Posted on: 1/27 5:21 pm

Suspected Punter
A couple weeks ago, Kwantel Raines tweeted about a big signing-day flip to WVU. I think there is a link to the tweet up-thread.

Posted on: 1/27 8:30 pm

Suspected Punter
It seems as though the weekend visitors had a good time. Chris Anderson put in a crystal ball pick for Emmit Gooden to WVU. The Brown brothers left impressed too. We will have to wait and see, but it seems as though all three are hopeful. Nine days and change to wait maximum.

Posted on: 1/28 10:09 pm

Suspected Punter
The offensive line questions for 2018 just got settled as WVU received the verbal pledges of JUCO OL Mike Brown and the graduate transfer of his brother Joe. This gives WVU 14 scholarship offensive linemen, and I imagine that position group is done for 2018. Joe has one year of eligibility and Mike has three years to play two. I expect Junior Uzebu to redshirt, as he is a year younger than his graduating class already. Briason Mays and Blaine Scott, the other two OL recruits, are already enrolled and planning to participate in spring ball.

Depending on whether or not Billy Kinney is on scholarship for next year (reports vary), this means WVU now has 78 or 79 scholarship players for next year.

I see Val Martin is no longer a top target at DL. That might mean things are looking strong for 4-star DL Emmit Gooden. Coach Holgorsen tweeted out a picture of him visiting Gooden's mom.

So far no other visits for either Gooden or Taymon Cooke for this last weekend of visits before signing day.

There are still a number of guys waiting - Tavis Lee, Jayce Rogers, Angus Davies - and the need is still there for a JUCO or grad transfer CB. I would also hope we look at LB too. kinda thin there.

The picture is getting clearer.

Posted on: 1/30 11:38 am

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Quote:

professeer wrote:
A couple weeks ago, Kwantel Raines tweeted about a big signing-day flip to WVU. I think there is a link to the tweet up-thread.

247 sports lists him as already signed as of 12-20.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kwantel-Raines-90392

Posted on: 1/30 12:22 pm

Suspected Punter
Not Raines himself. I know he is already signed. He was talking about someone else, perhaps Shaquon Anderson-Butts

Posted on: 1/30 12:27 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Quote:

professeer wrote:
Not Raines himself. I know he is already signed. He was talking about someone else, perhaps Shaquon Anderson-Butts

oh ok...cool

Posted on: 1/30 12:32 pm

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved