We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 4 Big games.
Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
ESPN moved TCU up to 87% from 84% chance of beating WVU. I say the line will be TCU by 7 or more.

The game against TCU to me decides upon whether this team is real or not. We win, then 10 wins is possible, we lose then 5 or 6 wins.

Posted on: 9/23 3:51 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Party Machine
From Denton, TX
That’s quite dramatic. One loss drops you from 10 to 5 wins?

Posted on: 9/23 6:28 pm

Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg,WV
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
We are going to have back to back 10 win seasons after this year. And 10 isnt going to be the minimum for this year.

The good news is, we have an offense capable of delivering 10 wins. The bad news is, we have a defense capable of delivering 6 losses.

Posted on: 9/23 6:43 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Quote:

Texas_Eer wrote:

Yeah, I take that back, since I actually thought OSU would win. OSU's defense looks average at best.

Posted on: 9/23 6:45 pm

Pitt Hater
From austin, tx
Quote:

Texas_Eer wrote:

The TCU result will be indicative of the Texas, K State, and Texas Tech results, and even of the OSU result.

Posted on: 9/23 6:45 pm

Party Machine
From Denton, TX
So, since #3 OU gave up over 500 yards and 41 points to an 0-3 team at their place, does that also mean that they are in trouble when they play a real team? By the same logic many on here have used about our team, OU can expect to win no more than 7-8 games total this year if they don’t get things fixed in a hurry.

Posted on: 9/23 10:06 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
We are going to have back to back 10 win seasons after this year. And 10 isnt going to be the minimum for this year.

The good news is, we have an offense capable of delivering 10 wins. The bad news is, we have a defense capable of delivering 6 losses.

There is your quote of the day.

However, once Long joins the fray and with 2 weeks prep, I think the TCU game is a toss up. IF we can beat TCU down there, it is going to be 9 wins I think. If we lose a close one, we have excellent chances of a very good season still and if we get bitch slapped, we are in for a lot of profanity this year.

This is the second barometer game of the year. We will know about this team in 2 weeks. I think that considering our youth and inexperience, we are doing just fine. We beat VT and we are bitching about not being in the top 10 right now.

Posted on: 9/23 10:20 pm

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

There is your quote of the day.

However, once Long joins the fray and with 2 weeks prep, I think the TCU game is a toss up. IF we can beat TCU down there, it is going to be 9 wins I think. If we lose a close one, we have excellent chances of a very good season still and if we get bitch slapped, we are in for a lot of profanity this year.

This is the second barometer game of the year. We will know about this team in 2 weeks. I think that considering our youth and inexperience, we are doing just fine. We beat VT and we are bitching about not being in the top 10 right now.

This. I don't know if KU wins another game or not but their RB corps looked very solid today. I don't have an answer for why we were so strong against the run against a good VT team and weak today. I guess it's somewhere in the middle. I think the defense will be better with Long. Grier is yet to be really stopped by the Hokies or anyone else. I didn't think TVU was any good coming into the year but I apparently was wrong. I think we CAN win there but we need to limit special teams mistakes and make some stops. Hill can be turnover prone and I think we did enough today, with Jose ahead and behind us losing to ensure a ranked matchup. This will be a major barometer for the program. Last year we won 10 but got our ass Kicked vs ranked foes. We need to win this one

Posted on: 9/23 11:23 pm

« 1 2 (3)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved