We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2)

Re: Early Line and Prediction for WVU-Tennessee
Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
I have never liked us in opening games against good teams. We seem to need warm up games. I assume in early season games, player talent plays a premium in the outcome even moreso because the players haven't gotten into a groove with the system yet or with each other. So, I will assume Tennessee has a high level of talent within the program and will be very very tough.

Normally, I would expect us to lay an egg in this situation, but because we have a veteran offense and good skill on offense especially, I think we win. I would expect a close game. If our team is truly going to contend for the B12 title this year, we should win by a couple scores, but just give me the ugliest win in history and I'll be happy to start the season 1-0 with a W against Tennessee.

Yea, my butt cheeks scrunch up a bit when we don't have a warm up game.
I guess the fact that the Vols are facing us without their warm up game as well should even things out, but I would not place any bets on this one. Both teams have HUGE question marks on defense.

Posted on: 7/11 9:44 pm

Pitt Hater
I’ve been listening to a lot of CFB talk on sirius...a week ago they broke down the “big” opening weekend games. They were laughing at our game and wondering if we will win by 35 or 50. They think Tennessee is a 3-4 win team and this is a mismatch. So did the national show last Sunday...total laugher, non-competitive.

I don’t get the “win by 10 if we get an early turnover” thinking. This isn’t TCU in Ft. Worth we are talking about, this is a team that was only superior to kansas among P5 programs last year. We better, and will win, by 28+

Posted on: 7/11 9:50 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Grant Ave. Warrior
I'm really at a 50/50 with how I feel for this one, we usually **** the bed in games like this, but I thought we looked good (well as good as you can when playing that roided up team) when we opened against Alabama a few years ago with Trickett at the helm.

I think Grier will be fine just because he isn't on a 1.5 yr lay-off and is in the system and knows it inside and out now, he looked pretty damn good as a Freshman killing Tennessee, so hopefully that translates over for us.

I'm just worried about all the new bodies on the defensive side of the ball, I'm hoping he go with the bend don't break mentality, and just get good stops.

Posted on: 7/12 9:34 am

Suspected Punter
From Morgantown, WV
We have a bad track record of covering the spread, but this game feels like a 17-20 point win to me. Offense is crazy experienced, defense is (sneaky) more experienced than a lot of national outlets are giving us credit for (besides Phile Steele, he thinks we’ll be improved in all areas of the game. I agree!)

Tennessee was in turmoil last year and the ship is currently being turned around. They were ABYSMAL in 2017 and have a lot of question marks including new coaching staff and a transfer QB starting.

If we don’t hang 30+ and don’t win by 10+ I’ll honestly be worried about how the season will turn out.

38-17 WVU

Posted on: 7/12 11:19 pm

« 1 (2)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved