We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

Marty's 12th Annual NFL Predictions Thread

From Alkol, Lincoln County
longest running thing on this website.
Open in new window

because you missed it so much..
Open in new window

Open in new window

172-93-2 last year, and 1830-1101-6 total.

WEEK 1

Kansas City at New England: the super bowl winner always manages to win in the opener. 24-20, patriots.

N.Y. Jets at Buffalo: the jets will probably be awful, and the bills have at least a couple play makers. 17-13, bills.

Atlanta at Chicago: atlanta should have won the super bowl. 30-10, falcons.

Baltimore at Cincinnati: first time in 8 years that the bengals open up the season at home. 23-17, bengals.

Pittsburgh at Cleveland: the browns are already looking at the 2018 draft. 28-13, steelers.

Arizona at Detroit: the lions have some play makers, but not enough. 28-24, cardinals.

Jacksonville at Houston: they briefly considered swapping schedule dates between the jaguars and texans. 24-17, texans.

Tampa Bay at Miami: hurricane irma may alter this game's start or location all together. 26-20, dolphins.

Oakland at Tennessee: the raiders were good last year, and titans are up and coming, so this should be a good game. 24-21, raiders.

Philadelphia at Washington: don't expect much from either team, except more qb talk. 23-21, redskins.

Indianapolis at L.A. Rams: the colts just don't have any luck. literally. 20-10, rams.

Seattle at Green Bay: the seahawks are not what they used to be. 23-19, packers.

Carolina at San Francisco: colin kaepernick was just a distraction on how bad the 49ers are. 27-10, panthers.

N.Y. Giants at Dallas: let's see if the cowboys can keep up what they started last year. 31-27, cowboys.

New Orleans at Minnesota: no bridgewater? and adrian peterson is a saint now? funny how the nfl schedules these. 24-16, saints.

L.A. Chargers at Denver: really don't know where to go with this pick, so home team it is. 21-20, broncos.

Posted on: 9/5 1:28 pm

Re: Marty's 12th Annual NFL Predictions Thread

the week 1 game between the dolphins and buccaneers has been postponed until week 11, when both teams had a bye. i'm now un-picking that game.

Posted on: 9/6 11:50 am

9-6 on the week.

WEEK 2

Houston at Cincinnati: i don't know what's worse, 5 turnovers for 1 player or losing to jacksonville. 17-14, bengals.

Cleveland at Baltimore: the browns almost got the steelers, and the ravens were helped by marvin lewis and andy dalton's awfulness. 20-17, ravens.

Buffalo at Carolina: both the bills and panthers beat bad teams last week, which doesn't make it easier to pick this game. 24-21, panthers.

Arizona at Indianapolis: i know he's been injured, but i'm starting to think that andrew luck was just a little overrated. 27-20, cardinals.

Tennessee at Jacksonville: this could be a sneaky good game. 17-14, titans.

Philadelphia at Kansas City: all hail the chiefs, defeators of the belichick clan. 27-17, chiefs.

New England at New Orleans: on to new orleans. 24-13, patriots.

Minnesota at Pittsburgh: i don't know what to think about the steelers. 26-23, steelers.

Chicago at Tampa Bay: the bucs finally start their season. 24-17, buccaneers.

Miami at L.A. Chargers: the dolphins also get to start their season. 24-21, dolphins.

N.Y. Jets at Oakland: nothing like a cake schedule for the raiders. 27-16, raiders.

Dallas at Denver: the cowboys finally got the giants last week and broncos almost let the chargers come back. 27-24, cowboys.

Washington at L.A. Rams: the rams have probably the most awful uniforms in the nfl. 24-17, rams.

San Francisco at Seattle: remember a few years ago when these 2 were super bowl contenders? 21-10, seahawks.

Green Bay at Atlanta: good early season game with 2 likely playoff teams. 31-28, packers.

Detroit at N.Y. Giants: the lions changed up their uniforms a little, grey facemasks are all the rage. 28-24, lions.

Posted on: 9/13 11:41 am

is it just me, or does the current state of the nfl seem like 1994-1997/1999-2003?

12-4 on the week, 21-10 on the year.

WEEK 3

L.A. Rams at San Francisco: the rams might be the best team in los angeles, which isn't really saying anything. 23-13, rams.

Baltimore vs. Jacksonville: the nfl really wants to move the jaguars to london. 20-17, ravens.

Denver at Buffalo: looks like the broncos have some pep. 24-14, broncos.

New Orleans at Carolina: neither of these teams are what they once were. 17-13, panthers.

Pittsburgh at Chicago: this will probably be bad. 31-14, steelers.

Atlanta at Detroit: should be a really good game. 26-23, falcons.

Cleveland at Indianapolis: andrew luck might make the colts worse. 20-16, browns.

Tampa Bay at Minnesota: the quarterback issue is why i'm not picking the vikings. 24-23, buccaneers.

Houston at New England: i really don't think new england is that good this year, but probably magically win the afc. 27-17, patriots.

Miami at N.Y. Jets: the jets are probably looking forward to the draft. 30-13, dolphins.

N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia: the giants have issues. 24-17, eagles.

Seattle at Tennessee: might go either way. 21-20, seahawks.

Cincinnati at Green Bay: the bengals firing their offensive coordinator isn't going to help anything. 24-13, packers.

Kansas City at L.A. Chargers: the chiefs are atop the afc. 28-14, chiefs.

Oakland at Washington: it's good to see the raiders being competitive again. 31-27, raiders.

Dallas at Arizona: what just happened to america's team? 23-17, cowboys.

Posted on: 9/19 11:12 pm

i think the weekend was messed up thanks to the trump comments. 7-9 on the weekend, 28-19 on the year.

WEEK 4

Chicago at Green Bay: the packers barely got one over the bengals and the bears managed to beat the steelers. 24-17, packers.

New Orleans vs. Miami: i don't know what to think about this game. 23-20, saints.

Buffalo at Atlanta: how did the bills beat the broncos? 30-20, falcons.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore: a few years ago, this was a meaningful game. 21-14, steelers.

Cincinnati at Cleveland: the bengals finally scored a td! 24-23, bengals.

L.A. Rams at Dallas: the cowboys look better in white than the rams. 28-23, cowboys.

Tennessee at Houston: battle for the afc south. 27-20, titans.

Detroit at Minnesota: it's possible 3 teams come out of the nfc north as playoff teams. 31-27, lions.

Carolina at New England: the panthers continue to disappoint. 26-13, patriots.

Jacksonville at N.Y. Jets: may be it was the home crowd in london that got the jaguars the win last week. 21-17, jaguars.

San Francisco at Arizona: the cardinals have just enough aging talent to beat the 49ers. 21-17, cardinals.

Philadelphia at L.A. Chargers: these teams are almost mirror images of each other. 27-24, eagles.

N.Y. Giants at Tampa Bay: peyton's brother isn't going to play as long as peyton did. 24-19, buccaneers.

Oakland at Denver: this should be a really good game. 23-21, raiders.

Indianapolis at Seattle: the colts just don't have enough talent. 23-14, seahawks.

Washington at Kansas City: indian bowl! 31-24, chiefs.

Posted on: 9/27 11:48 am

10-6 on the week, 38-25 on the year. first official week for byes.

WEEK 5

New England at Tampa Bay: i don't think tom brady is going to keep having fun much longer. 23-21, patriots.

Buffalo at Cincinnati: this one will be interesting, the bengals' offense finally showed up and the bills beat the falcons last week. 24-21, bills.

N.Y. Jets at Cleveland: i'm really surprised the jets won a game before they played the browns. 26-20, jets.

Carolina at Detroit: carolina still isn't super bowl caliber. 28-24, lions.

San Francisco at Indianapolis: the colts had a close game with the seahawks until late in the game. 28-27, colts.

Tennessee at Miami: even missing their qb, the titans are better. 17-14, titans.

L.A. Chargers at N.Y. Giants: i don't think the giants are that bad, but i could be wrong. 31-26, chargers.

Arizona at Philadelphia: this will be a good game, i think philly is clicking better. 23-20, eagles.

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh: the jags can blow out the ravens one week and lose to the jets the next. 30-24, steelers.

Seattle at L.A. Rams: i think the rams are getting in their groove. 23-19, rams.

Baltimore at Oakland: the raiders are down a qb for a few weeks. 23-13, ravens.

Green Bay at Dallas: the cowboys just aren't who they were last year. 31-24, packers.

Kansas City at Houston: the chiefs are the last unbeaten team. 27-20, chiefs.

Minnesota at Chicago: both teams have talent, it just depends on who shows up. 21-20, vikings.

Byes: Falcons, Broncos, Saints, Redskins

Posted on: 10/4 2:01 am

9-5 on the week, 47-30 on the year.

WEEK 6

Philadelphia at Carolina: really good game to start the week off with. 28-26, eagles.

Miami at Atlanta: atlanta should have enough talent to make up for the dolphins' lack of it. 27-20, falcons.

Chicago at Baltimore: the ravens could come out leading the afc north after this weekend with a win. 17-13, ravens.

Cleveland at Houston: the browns changing qbs isn't going to help their situation. 23-17, texans.

Green Bay at Minnesota: the packers are good, but they have flaws. 28-24, packers.

Detroit at New Orleans: i think the lions are a playoff team. 24-21, lions.

New England at N.Y. Jets: you would think this would be a blow out, and you might be right. 27-13, patriots.

San Francisco at Washington: maybe this game will make redskins fans happy. 20-16, redskins.

Tampa Bay at Arizona: the cardinals just got older. 24-23, buccaneers.

L.A. Rams at Jacksonville: the jaguars might finally be good again. 27-24, jaguars.

Pittsburgh at Kansas City: pittsburgh has a problem. 28-21, chiefs.

L.A. Chargers at Oakland: the raiders won't be the same until their qb comes back. 17-14, chargers.

N.Y. Giants at Denver: tough break for the giants. 24-14, broncos.

Indianapolis at Tennessee: i don't think andrew luck can save the colts. 21-19, titans.

Byes: Bills, Bengals, Cowboys, Seahawks

Posted on: 10/11 11:53 am

Pitt Hater
Ever get that feeling no one is listening?

Posted on: 10/11 1:25 pm

all the time.

Posted on: 10/12 11:02 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Robertsdale,Al via parkersburg
I read these every week...not that ,that means anything.

Posted on: 10/13 2:55 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

can anyone explain this season to me? no game result makes sense. usualy when i pick these games, i have all the games listed, i go up and down the list picking the no-brainers first, then the tough games last. obviously, i score the games as how i think they'll be. seems like the games i lose this season are games i thought would be definite wins. whatever. something's going on. maybe the browns and 49ers will makes the super bowl at this rate.

6-8 on the week, 53-38 on the year.

WEEK 7

Kansas City at Oakland: the chiefs are still good and the raiders are a cluster. 24-13, chiefs.

Tampa Bay at Buffalo: this is the last game i picked. 21-20, buccaneers.

Carolina at Chicago: carolina is good, probably playoff good. 23-16, panthers.

Tennessee at Cleveland: just kidding about the browns being in the super bowl. 24-14, titans.

New Orleans at Green Bay: well there goes green bay's season. 27-13, saints.

Jacksonville at Indianapolis: the jaguars have got to be the weirdest team to pick this year. 28-21, jaguars.

Arizona vs. L.A. Rams: second to last game i picked. 26-24, rams.

N.Y. Jets at Miami: i can't pick a miami game correctly to save myself. 24-20, dolphins.

Baltimore at Minnesota: the ravens are declining as the season moves along. 23-21, vikings.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh: bengals coming off a bye and against the steelers? 27-16, steelers.

Dallas at San Francisco: if dallas loses this game, they've got issues. 27-14, cowboys.

Denver at L.A. Chargers: i say rivers retires soon since he doesn't have any help and still lives in san diego. 26-17, broncos.

Seattle at N.Y. Giants: that one game isn't giving me hope for the giants. 24-19, seahawks.

Atlanta at New England: a super bowl rematch, you say? 27-24, patriots.

Washington at Philadelphia: i can't name one eagles player, yet they're leading the division. 23-16, eagles.

Byes: Lions, Texans

Posted on: Today 10:53 am

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved