We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30) 31 »

Re: WVU Baseball takes UNLV series
WMITC
From Here
For those interested, WVU took 2 out of 3 this weekend from UNLV, one of the better teams in the nation. They got blown out in game 1 but came back to win the last two.

Nearly every UNLV player is hitting over .300 and Greg Maddux is their pitching coach. His son pitches for the Rebels.

WVU is not having a great season so far (13-15), but they have a very good RPI in the 20s. The hitting is starting to come around and they are finally playing some games at home.

Hoping for some decent weather so I can go see a few games.

Posted on: 4/9 9:28 am

Re: WVU Baseball
WMITC
From Here
Last night they walked off a 3-2 win over Penn State at PNC Park and tonight they crushed Pitt 12-1 at home. Beating Pitt and Penn State in the same week...priceless.

Posted on: 4/11 8:02 pm

Suspected Punter
Trust me, I'm no Pitt fan but it seems like it was more fun to beat them when they were actually good at something. Pitt sucks at almost every level of every sport these days.

I guess payback for 2007 is still in our favor. I hope the ACC is happy with their inclusion of Pitt.

Here's the beat down today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLhi31ruXaA

FU(K PITT!!!!!

Posted on: 4/11 9:38 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

WMITC
From Here
WANTED: Pitchers

Apply in person at Monongalia County Ball Park. Bring glove and shoes. Please hurry.

Posted on: 4/15 1:21 pm

From Alkol, Lincoln County
wvu just beat marshall in extras.

Posted on: 4/24 10:47 pm

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

helgramite wrote:
Trust me, I'm no Pitt fan but it seems like it was more fun to beat them when they were actually good at something. Pitt sucks at almost every level of every sport these days.

I guess payback for 2007 is still in our favor. I hope the ACC is happy with their inclusion of Pitt.

Here's the beat down today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLhi31ruXaA

FU(K PITT!!!!!

My take from the video: Pitt is terrible.

Posted on: 4/25 9:08 am

Grant Ave. Warrior

Posted on: 4/25 3:33 pm

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
listened to the Marsha game online. Unbelievable game.. Just kept feeling like it was going to slip away. Gave them ALL KINDS of extra runs through just confusing errors on WVU's part. Sloppy weather, I guess. Marshall wasn't much better. The umps even made some calls that had everyone completely baffled..
Anyway, good game, that was a must win at this point of the season. Last thought, that catcher for Marshall is the real deal.. best player on the field last night.

Posted on: 4/25 4:49 pm

Pitt Hater
WVU vs Texas. Watch or listen online at the link below if you want. UT is 19th with an rpi of 30th, as the home team WVU is unranked and 32nd in the rpi. WVU is home tonight, and this is the first game of the 3 game series, one game per day today-sunday.
enjoy

https://wvusports.com/watch/?Live=1210&type=Live

Posted on: 4/27 5:37 pm

Pitt Hater
that was just bad. bad pitching, bad management, and bad mistakes on WVU to go from up 6-3 in the 7th to down 9-6.. your best relief pitcher is warmed up in the pen, and after your pitcher hits two and an error, the bases are loaded with no outs, and instead of bringing in your ace in the pen, whose ready to go, you move 6 players around, to get an outfielder in to pitch with zero time to warmup in the bullpen.. He then gives up 6 runs on four hits or some crap. they gave up 6 runs with a cold pitcher pitching......... unreal

Posted on: 4/27 9:44 pm

WMITC
From Here
This was supposed to be a great year with several returning starters and supposedly Mazey's best recruiting class ever, but somewhere along the road the wheels started falling off.

Lost from last year's playoff team are their three best hitters. Jackson Cramer and Kyle Davis were drafted by MLB and Cole Austin transferred to Arizona State.

Their two best returning pitchers haven't thrown an inning. Michael Grove is recovering from Tommy John surgery and Conner Dotson broke his arm warming up in the bullpen last year and took a medical redshirt.

Another decent pitcher, Jackson Sigman, graduated.

Their biggest problem this season is they can't produce enough runs to outscore their opponents. The pitching has been average-to-poor and they can't hold the leads they DO get.

Last night they blew so many scoring opportunities they could have put the game away early, but didn't. Runner on third with no outs, stranded. Bases loaded in third, no runs scored. Failed to bunt runners into scoring position. Etc.

After dodging bullets for 6 innings, Texas came back big time to win.

I've seen several games including one in person and frankly, some nights they're just not very good.

Posted on: 4/28 3:45 pm

WMITC
From Here
This is what I’m talking about. Today’s game goes into the top of the 8th with WVU leading 5-3. Here’s the play-by-play:

Hit by pitch
Walk
E-1 (bad throw on sac bunt) loads bases
Walk – run scores (WVU leads 5-4)
5-2 runner forced out at home (1 out)
Single – two runs score (Texas leads 6-5)
Strikeout (2 outs)
Strikeout (3 outs)

3 runs, 1 hit, 1 error, 2 left

Badda bing, badda boom and the lead is gone.

Posted on: 4/28 5:55 pm

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
It is the bull pen...

Posted on: 4/28 5:57 pm

WMITC
From Here
So then Texas decides to play defense like the Keystone Kops. Then THEY bring in their outfielder to pitch, he throws a wild one and WVU gets the benefit of a bad call to go back in the lead by 2.

But can we hold it this time?

Posted on: 4/28 6:11 pm

WMITC
From Here
Texas 9th

Bloop single
Bloop single
Infield single (bases loaded, no outs)
Strikeout
Strikeout
Fly out to center

Yes they can!

WVU wins 8-6 (whoo hoo!)

Posted on: 4/28 6:30 pm

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
thank you bull pen

Posted on: 4/28 6:31 pm

WMITC
From Here
Much better game today. WVU fell behind early, came back to take the lead and hold it until they added a bunch more in the 8th to win 8-3.

Pitching was much improved, holding 19th-ranked Texas to 3 runs on 5 hits.

Great to take 2 of 3 from the Horns. I love messin’ with Texas.

Posted on: 4/29 2:55 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown
I was there on Saturday. Great game and atmosphere. One of the better baseball games I have watched in a while.

Posted on: 4/29 3:18 pm
I am the bone of my sword, circuits my body and code my blood. I have crafted over a 1000 programs. Unaware of bugs not aware of success withstood pain to create apps, waiting for ones arrival I have no regrets this is the only path my whole life was UNLI

Here for the Beer
From Fairmont WV
I went and watched the Mounties take on the Terps last night. This WVU team has talent. I'm hoping they can put it together and make a run up to and through the Big12 tourney.

Posted on: 5/2 8:05 am

WMITC
From Here
They've beaten Pitt, Penn State, Marshall and Maryland, which makes a successful season regardless of Big 12 play. Only one more rival left -- Virginia Tech next week.

Posted on: 5/2 3:07 pm

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30) 31 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved