We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 »

WVU vs other BE Recruting class
Pitt Hater
From Jersey Boy in Richmond, VA
Objectively, how is WVU doing against other BE schools? That WR that was solid to WVU opted for Rutgers. Schiano is putting together a nice class. Any other studs being signed by BE schools that we have to be concerned about?

Posted on: 6/26/2008 2:27 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: WVU vs other BE Recruting class
Gettin' Schmitty
From Mannington, WV
Rutgers, at the moment, is smoking everyone.

We're solidly second place right now, with South Florida being the only other Big East team that has made any significant impact. Pitt has major issues, having lost the two best WPIAL players in Dorian Bell and Corey Brown to Ohio State.

I think our class is definately going to get better... But right now, however he's doing it, Schiano is getting a LOT of good verbals.

And we need to remember.. Shawney Kersey never commited to us. Yes, he said we were in the lead but this isn't a case where he de-committed from us to go to Rutgers.

Posted on: 6/26/2008 2:30 pm
[EERCrazy] 6:11 pm: no.....but big girls need loving too and they're all beautiful in the dark with they're ankles around
their ears
[EERCrazy] 6:19 pm: All women look exactly the same if you strip them naked and make 'em stand on their heads!!

Makin' it Rain
Must be the helicopter schiano arives in or something thats making these kids heads spin...doesn't he go around in a chopper. What a frikin ego!

Posted on: 6/26/2008 3:06 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Mannington, WV
Yeah I've heard that. When he goes to a school where he can land it, he rolls in on a chopper.

I guess his commits are kids easily impressed by shiny things.

Posted on: 6/26/2008 3:07 pm
[EERCrazy] 6:11 pm: no.....but big girls need loving too and they're all beautiful in the dark with they're ankles around
their ears
[EERCrazy] 6:19 pm: All women look exactly the same if you strip them naked and make 'em stand on their heads!!

Makin' it Rain
WOOOO helicopter...spinning bling :)

Posted on: 6/26/2008 3:08 pm

Pitt Hater
From Piscataway, NJ
RU is starting to annoy me.
They need to stop, this is our year, not theirs.

Posted on: 6/26/2008 4:33 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Mannington, WV
He'll get some de-commits before signing day when we stomp them in front of all those kids that were oh so impressed with his helicopter visits.

Posted on: 6/26/2008 5:47 pm
their ears

Here for the Beer
From Cumming, GA
RU has a bunch of 3 star kids. We are getting interest from 4 and 5 star kids. Give it time and we will be on top. USF worries me more than RU right now.

Posted on: 6/26/2008 6:12 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Mannington, WV
Rutgers has 6 four star commits... I don't see how you can say that they're mostly getting three star guys.

Posted on: 6/26/2008 6:17 pm
their ears

Pitt Hater
From West "BY GOD" Virginia
I hope Usf gets some good kids, this little rivalry is about to turn heated. I like that they are competitive, it drives us harder. Hey look the big east is doing well.

If the big east can get kids that normally would go to other schools like Penn State or Ohio State or Florida or others I say great. It make our conference much better as a whole. Isn't that what we want? They respect of the other conferences that "dang these guys are good and none of the teams are pushovers anymore. Don't we want to be close to the SEC?

Posted on: 6/26/2008 6:20 pm
User under suspension until 11/11/1942 7:07 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Mannington, WV
It is SP.... But at the same time, we need to figure out how to keep these SW Pennsylvania kids in the area. The two elite kids from the area, Corey Brown and Dorian Bell, both went to Ohio State and the Big 10... As did Terrelle Pryor last year. If Pitt can't consistently pull those kids, someone else from the Big East... WVU, Rutgers, even Cincinnati need to figure out how to keep them around.

Posted on: 6/26/2008 6:23 pm
their ears

Pitt Hater
From Piscataway, NJ
Just saw the rules... Why so strict?

Posted on: 6/26/2008 6:37 pm

Pitt Hater
From West "BY GOD" Virginia
Exactly. What I meant though was some people act like it's a horrible thing that the league is doing so well as a whole.

Posted on: 6/26/2008 6:39 pm
User under suspension until 11/11/1942 7:07 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Mannington, WV
The rules really haven't changed Babi... Most of that stuff is just common sense...

Posted on: 6/26/2008 6:51 pm
their ears

Grant Ave. Warrior
From MD
well one point of view is that Rutgers and South Florida are solidifying their future as great football programs. These Recruiting classes will show that the success in the BIg East the last 3 years was not a fluke and will continue.

Posted on: 6/26/2008 7:04 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown, WV
I see this year as being a step backward for Rutgers, with losing Rice and everything. Maybe when they blow it some of those recruits will de-commit.

Posted on: 6/27/2008 12:56 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Mannington, WV
It's a step back on the field, but this is shaping up to be BY FAR the best recruiting class Rutgers has ever had.... We, if coached correctly, will only lead to even more success on the field in the future. Most teams in the Big East... WVU, Rutgers, USF, UConn, Cincinnati are all moving the right direction...

Posted on: 6/27/2008 1:14 am
their ears

Party Machine
As we've seen throughout history, reqruiting isn't everything. Pitt, Syracuse, and even Rutgers always got higher reqruiting classed than we did, but we still beat them.

Posted on: 6/27/2008 5:20 am

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
you honestly think that Rutgers will take a step back this year? I'm not so sure. The have imo the best two wideouts in the Big East this year. Kenny Britt, and that other kid, uhhhhh, crap, im at a loss right now, anyway, BOTH are very nice receivers. BOTH went over 1000 yards receiving last year. and it may just be my imagination, but Ray Rice, to me, didnt seem to be an elite back. Maybe hard to replace, but replace-able. Didnt he just average right around five yards per tote? Plus their QB has gotten better every year he's been there. Teal wasnt very good AT ALL, that first year, when he split time with the Hart kid, or whatever his name was.. my brain isnt awake yet. Anyway, ive seen a lot of people writing off Rutgers, seemingly just because Ray's gone, im just saying not so fast my friends.... lol god i hate that fool lee ann corso

edit: also, is anyone else having problems with the quote button not doing anything at all?

damn, now the smileys arent working either. hmmmmmm

Posted on: 6/27/2008 5:50 am

Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg. WV
Yes, I can't get the quote button or emoticoms (or whatever they're called) to work either. I don't know if Maad is aware of the problem or not, but if he is I'm sure he'll fix it soon

Posted on: 6/27/2008 8:00 am

(1) 2 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved