We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

Rachid Ibrahim, Safety Prospect
Gettin' Schmitty
From Parkersburg, WV
March 16, 2012

Avalon Safety Collects Second Offer

Avalon safety Rachid Ibrahim is quickly making a name for himself outside of the Montgomery County and Maryland borders. One week after pulling in his first offer from East Carolina, the 6-foot-2, 170-pounder added another offer to his resume on Thursday.

Ibrahim

"I picked up No. 2 from Ohio University," Ibrahim said. "I talked to Coach [Fred] Reed, their defensive backs coach, and he said he liked my tape a lot and wanted me to come up for a visit. It was a pretty brief conversation, but he basically said my game would fit their program well and they wanted to offer me."

Ibrahim hasn't done much research on Ohio yet, but he did watch them play in the Idaho Potato Bowl last year.

"I know they beat Utah State in the Potato Bowl, and I've seen them play on TV a couple times," Ibrahim said. "But that's about it. I have to get up there for a visit to learn more about them."

Before speaking to Reed, Ibrahim actually talked to Mark Yellock from East Carolina. He said it was a good sign that the ECU coaches have stayed in touch with him after they extended their offer.

"We just had another general discussion about grades and things like that," Ibrahim said. "But I'm glad the ECU coaches are talking to me. I get the feeling they really want me there."

ECU and Ohio aren't the only schools in contact with the Avalon star, however. He said coaches from Georgia Tech, Virginia, West Virginia, Michigan State and Duke continue to be in touch.

"Right now, I think WVU is talking to me the most; I think they might offer soon," Ibrahim said. "Coach Daron Roberts was saying he like me as a safety and he's pushing for an offer. He said they want me at a spring practice and could possibly [offer] then."

As of right now, Ibrahim will visit West Virginia on April 8th followed by East Carolina on April 14th. After that he wants to get up to Ohio, although he hasn't set a definite date yet.

Ibrahim has already taken trips to Penn State, Maryland and Virginia, although none of them have offered as of yet.

"I don't have any clear favorites yet, but if WVU offered that would say a lot," Ibrahim said. "That's a BCS school right there, and that would be my first [BCS offer]. I won't know how much I like WVU - or any school - until I visit, but [the offer] would take my recruiting to the next level."

Naturally, Ibrahim is quite confident in his abilities. He's already established himself as a Division-I prospect, but he believes he can hang in a conference like the ACC, Big East or Big Ten as well.

"Oh, definitely," Ibrahim said. "My goal is to get to the top. That's what I'm striving for."

EDIT: I'm on wife's iPad and can't figure out how to attach videos and such. So I have no video on this guy.

Posted on: 3/17/2012 8:31 am

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Rachid Ibrahim, Safety Prospect
Grant Ave. Warrior
From Romney, West Virginia
I played against this kid in our first game of this football season, no joke. He's the real deal. It's really cool to see kids I go against be successful.

Grant it, when my school played him, they beat us 32-7 and he ran all over us, but he is an amazing football player. He was pretty cool during the game, too. Every time he scored, Avalon's announcer yelled, "Rachid 'The Dream' Ibrahim for the score!"

Hope all works out and he goes to WVU, that'd be real cool.

Posted on: 3/23/2012 6:33 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Parkersburg, WV
Spam bump

Posted on: 4/14/2012 12:05 pm

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Party Machine
From New York, NY
spam bump

Posted on: 4/23/2012 6:44 am

Here for the Beer
Okay I'm not a tech savvy/forum savvy as I thought, what is a spam bump? I know spam and I know bump, I just can figure out why we are spam bumping

Posted on: 4/23/2012 3:03 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Parkersburg, WV
Open in new window
Open in new window

Posted on: 4/23/2012 5:54 pm

I'll harm you!!!

Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg,WV
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
March 16, 2012

Avalon Safety Collects Second Offer

Avalon safety Rachid Ibrahim is quickly making a name for himself outside of the Montgomery County and Maryland borders.

Maybe he'll make one we can pronounce...

Posted on: 4/28/2012 7:34 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Parkersburg, WV
Quote:

CntryRds wrote:
Okay I'm not a tech savvy/forum savvy as I thought, what is a spam bump? I know spam and I know bump, I just can figure out why we are spam bumping

A spam bump is like a baby bump but from eating too much spam. A lot of Hawaiians have them, because they love spam.

Also when some jackhole spams up the couch with lots of gobblygook.com watchlivepoopoo.com posts, it is the fastest way to clear up the post list on each thread.

Posted on: 4/28/2012 6:51 pm

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved