Re: Is death acceptable?
Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg,WV
Quote:

MdMounty wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:

Blaming everyone and everything except the perpetrator = Unfortunate

I completey agree with the rest of your post , but wow! How many times is this strawman going to get repeated!!?? I don't know of ANYONE that DOESN'T blame the perpetrator. That isn't the issue. The issue is to prevent him from doing it and/or make it more difficult for nutjobs like this guy to do this in the future.

I agree, there are far too many mentally ill people that do not get the treatment that they need. I live right next door to one and quite honestly, I will not be surprised when he snaps.

Posted on: 12/18/2012 7:53 am

From Claymont, DE via Hacker Valley, WV
Like Milton from "Office Space". These kind of people will eventually burn the place down or shoot it up.

Posted on: 12/18/2012 8:07 am

Gettin' Schmitty
Agreed - but that is just one piece of the puzzle - sensible gun control is another piece.

Posted on: 12/18/2012 8:27 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Parkersburg, WV
Quote:

MountyInSC wrote:
Agreed - but that is just one piece of the puzzle - sensible gun control is another piece.

Gun control. This is no different than anything else. Where, as a society, do we draw our lines? Nuclear weapons in every garage or slingshots? Somewhere in between. What have been doing has failed. Let's move the line down a little and see what happens.

Posted on: 12/18/2012 8:36 am

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Let's move the line down a little and see what happens.

Do you understand the fear that, allowing the government to move "down a little" will inevitably lead to moving the line "down just a little more" when the next tragedy strikes.....then when that doesn't work, moving the line "just a little more" until there's nothing left?

We've had Federal AW bans already....mass shootings still happened.

Posted on: 12/18/2012 9:06 am

Gettin' Schmitty
The ban was not long enough to be effective...

Posted on: 12/18/2012 9:50 am

Quote:

MountyInSC wrote:
The ban was not long enough to be effective...

10 years wasn't long enough?

What happens when a ban has been in place for say, 20 years, and shootings still happen with shotguns and pistols?

Posted on: 12/18/2012 9:55 am

Here for the Beer
The price to pay to stop shootings like this may be too high. We might be able to afford metal detectors and guards at schools, but not everywhere.

Posted on: 12/18/2012 10:14 am

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Obviously intentional death is acceptable in this country. Abortion is not only legal, it's sponsored by the central government.

The better question is what is the value of life? Apparently not so much.

Posted on: 12/18/2012 1:22 pm
Please remember to keep all emails, text messages, internet postings, and telecoms short and to the point. Server space is expensive! This will help minimize your out of pocket cost to have your government snoop on you. Thanks - B.O.

Makin' it Rain
From West By God
Quote:

MountyInSC wrote:

some of you act like this ban just expired two weeks ago the bann has been expired for 8 **** years, in 8 years how many mass shootings have we had that used ar's tech9's etc compared to how many we had during the 10 year ban as well as before the 10 year ban.

The biggest joke of a gun control law was the brady bill they guy was shot with a **** revolver and all legislation todate has never been on the actual weapon that started this bs

Posted on: 12/18/2012 1:50 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Parkersburg, WV
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Let's move the line down a little and see what happens.

Do you understand the fear that, allowing the government to move "down a little" will inevitably lead to moving the line "down just a little more" when the next tragedy strikes.....then when that doesn't work, moving the line "just a little more" until there's nothing left?

We've had Federal AW bans already....mass shootings still happened.

you forgot to say slippery slope

I have not spent a lot of time analyzing this issue, frankly. I'm neither a tree hugger, nor a gun nut. I own guns and enjoy firing them periodically--not as much as I would like to--though i seem to mostly work and not play enough--another discussion for another day.

08 had a nice summary in the other thread that seemed well thought out. I am a big fan of punishing the bejesus out of people who commit crimes with guns, including crimes that involve illegal gun ownership.

And none of this early parole BS. You commit a crime, you get punished according to the books. You commit a gun crime and forced rape in an eff you in ass prison, legalize weed and let the weedies out to make room for the gun criminals and prosecute the crap out of them.

Isn't public safety why we have a speed limit and you can't drive F1 cars on the road. There are limits to everything. Can't smoke in most hospitals, etc.

So, let me pose this question to the gun enthusiasts or others who are greatly concerned that we will become defenseless against invaders, both foreign and domestic if we curtail gun use/sale/ownership, etc. It's not a trick and I have no agenda. What limits are reasonable and practical on firearms, if any?

To me, there must be some limits. Otherwise everyone is just fine having a thermonuclear warhead for personal use, which seems absurd. So, what is the limit that makes sense?

Posted on: 12/18/2012 8:22 pm

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Makin' it Rain
From Here
Quote:

83Grad wrote:
Obviously intentional death is acceptable in this country. Abortion is not only legal, it's sponsored by the central government.

The better question is what is the value of life? Apparently not so much.

Bingo 83, you nailed one of the main failures in US culture - we have cheapened life and are shocked and appalled when we observe the results; at least we still have some measure of conscience. It seems that we are schizophrenic at best.

Posted on: 12/18/2012 8:44 pm

Rex Lex

wvmtneer, I honestly don't know.

I'm for mandatory training, mental health evaluations, a license structure, requalification, more severe punishment ...things of that nature.

Making something already in thousands of people's homes illegal for future transactions? That won't do a lick of good. Short of south's idea of only allowing muskets and making it retroactive, no ban will work.

Question about mental health checks ....what doctor will be willing to put their name on the line to approve someone to carry a gun?

Posted on: 12/18/2012 9:27 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Parkersburg, WV
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
wvmtneer, I honestly don't know.

I'm for mandatory training, mental health evaluations, a license structure, requalification, more severe punishment ...things of that nature.

Making something already in thousands of people's homes illegal for future transactions? That won't do a lick of good. Short of south's idea of only allowing muskets and making it retroactive, no ban will work.

Question about mental health checks ....what doctor will be willing to put their name on the line to approve someone to carry a gun?

Its like the genie is so far out of the bottle there is no going back. Re. question about mental health checks. You might end up with shady docs like the pill pusher docs, just green lighting everyone for a fee and justifying one way or another. That is my suspicion.

One thing we could do i suppose is make sure the guns we own are safely out of reach of wackos and toddlers, by making it so unreasonably scary for gun owners to ever let someone else harm someone with their gun that the guns are all kept in triple encrypted Mission Impossible safes or something. I exaggerate, but what if we cut off your nuts and mommy parts if you ever allow someone to access your weapons without you being present during their use. No gun loaning, no guns laying around. Seems onerous, but would that give us a 5% decrease in gun fatalities or 1% or whatever.

What if we loaded up on every other solution other than restricting the types of firearms? Does this help? I don't know. I'm like Ross Perot. I dont know the answer, but i'm gonna get some real smart guys to look into it and figure it out and come up with a plan.

Posted on: 12/19/2012 10:56 am

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Suspected Punter
The ban wasn't long enough to be effective????

Wow, dangerous thoughts there.

I suppose next you'll be in favor of confiscating all assault rifles, from all citizen even ones already legally purchased, right? Then, then the ban would be effective.

Oh, no? That didn't do it? Well let's confiscate those shotguns too because guns=bad and that, THAT will put a stop to these mass killings.

Hmmmmmm. Nope, nope that didn't do it either. Well the only thing left to do is confiscate ALL remaining guns and get rid of the Second Amendment. Then that, THAT will stop mass killings. Oh, you mean China has crazy knife-wielding assailants in schools and now we have them too?

In fact, while we're at it, let's just get rid of the 10th and 1st Amendments too. They leave room for too many dangerous individuals ...

Anyone that wants to break the law will. Thought processes looking to destroy the Second Amendment are treasonous and should be exposed for what they are.

What's funny is I don't even own a firearm of any kind. Perhaps it's time to get off the fence?

Posted on: 1/2/2013 1:50 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown, WV
Venezuala has tried a ban on guns, and it didn't work out so well for them.

What will taking guns away accomplish? McVeigh blew up a building with fertilizer. Bad people will do bad stuff and if you outlaw guns then only outlaws will have guns (kinda like that lil green leafy plant that is illegal yet can be found ANYWHERE!)

What I find interesting is that when something like this happens its all over TV which in turn inspires others to do evil acts as well. Why is that? Because all they want is attention and they get it! Yet when a man defends his home and children with a gun, the media decides to let that story go to the wayside.

Posted on: 1/2/2013 5:04 pm

Pitt Hater
From Richmond,Va
This is beautiul, the regular crowd forgeting the main issue.... Pharms !!! I'm sure it's insulting and a lot of you people are on them or have the pure brilliance to put your kids on them, but they are ruining America, and will forever. Sadly, Whiskey or Heroin would be better that this brainwashed tripe.

Posted on: 1/5/2013 1:29 pm

Pitt Hater
From Richmond,Va
Hey, Eat ...know why that story was so irrelavent ? Because it's just of a few of 32000 deaths a year via guns in America...no other industrialized nation has anything near this number....so spout off as a loose and inane cannon,and make sure to watch " Bill O " tonight....you, know, bedtime for the elders !!!

Posted on: 1/5/2013 1:34 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Morgantown, WV
In 2011 323 Americans were killed by assault rifles, 496 by hammers, 12 thousand by drunk driving, and almost 200 thousand by medical malpractice.

Posted on: 1/6/2013 9:09 am

Quote:

eatschmitt wrote:
In 2011 323 Americans were killed by assault rifles, 496 by hammers, 12 thousand by drunk driving, and almost 200 thousand by medical malpractice.

Open in new window

Posted on: 1/7/2013 9:58 am

« 1 (2) 3 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved