We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Bruce vs. Skyler Twitter Beef
Party Machine
Steve Slaton may not be as embedded into things such as Irvin, and White are but he never talked bad about WVU. That's the point here, Skylar was way out of line trying to criticize a team that hung 70 on Clemson, while in his career, we lose to A&M and Miami in second tier bowls. Come the hell on man, I understand the Big 12 is a different animal, but we wouldn't have even gotten a sniff from the Big 12 if it weren't for those BCS years paving the way.

Posted on: 2/15 6:20 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Wow. I liked that podcast. They were unhappy with Skylar because he took a jab at the whole team to include them but still wouldn't talk smack about him other than Pat saying(about when former players get together), "he's still a brother, but he no longer can sit at my table, he'll have to sit at the one beside mine."

I also loved the esteem they showed for Bill Stewart and how they said that Skylar took a shot at that man's teams...and you don't talk bad about that man around me."

They rose above it. Pat even deflected some shade thrown his way by Jason Taylor (thinking he was dead from that hit against Pittsburgh and being built like his 12 year old son)by saying, "No, he told me that stuff to my face at practice...but he still called me "his QB".

Those were some great years.

Posted on: 2/15 8:03 pm

Here for the Beer
From Ohio
The more I think about the twitter fight between BI and SH the more I realize they were both kind of right with what they said in their tweets. SH struggled at times, yep. BI played in the Big East, yep.

But they are BOTH WRONG for taking it to social media in the first place.

Posted on: 2/16 9:42 am

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Quote:

oldgold wrote:
The more I think about the twitter fight between BI and SH the more I realize they were both kind of right with what they said in their tweets. SH struggled at times, yep. BI played in the Big East, yep.

But they are BOTH WRONG for taking it to social media in the first place.

True. As public representatives of WVU, it shouldn't have gone there.

I think I agree with Steve Slaton and Pat White. Bruce made Skyler look bad ( yep, he shouldn't have done that)...then Skyler made himself look worse. Then Bruce made him look even worse.

Sure go ahead and slam all of the players and teams that did so well in the Big East while you are trying to respond to one hater. Even Bruce Irvin's teams can trump Skyler's. An Orange Bowl win and a Champs(Now, Russell Athletic) Bowl loss kinda does beat loses in that same RA Bowl and the Liberty Bowl with a win in...the Cactus Bowl. They weren't both "kind of right". Bruce made an ill-advised tweet and then Skyler made an effing stupid one. Then Bruce made a couple more that gutted Skyler

Posted on: 2/16 5:52 pm

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
Gutting quarterbacks it what endeared Bruce to West Virginia fans. It is just instinctive for Bruce to go after quarterbacks, especially ones that say things they shouldn't.

Posted on: 2/16 6:01 pm

Pitt Hater
From Athens GA
Big brother was **** with little brother and little brother got hot. Hopefully one of these days little brother will figure things out.

Posted on: 2/17 1:10 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From nj - wv - ca
Quote:

eers_fan wrote:
True. As public representatives of WVU, it shouldn't have gone there.

I think I agree with Steve Slaton and Pat White. Bruce made Skyler look bad ( yep, he shouldn't have done that)...then Skyler made himself look worse. Then Bruce made him look even worse.

Sure go ahead and slam all of the players and teams that did so well in the Big East while you are trying to respond to one hater. Even Bruce Irvin's teams can trump Skyler's. An Orange Bowl win and a Champs(Now, Russell Athletic) Bowl loss kinda does beat loses in that same RA Bowl and the Liberty Bowl with a win in...the Cactus Bowl. They weren't both "kind of right". Bruce made an ill-advised tweet and then Skyler made an effing stupid one. Then Bruce made a couple more that gutted Skyler

They're NOT public representatives of WVU, Bob Huggins is a public representative of WVU, Dana Holgorsen is a public representative of WVU, E. Gordon Gee is a public representative of WVU, Bruce Irvin and Skyler Howard are former players.

Personally, I think this discussion has gone on about three pages too long. It's 2017, the world runs on "ill-advised" tweets. This is such a non-issue, do you see what athletes say on a daily basis? It's a wild world...

Posted on: 2/17 2:43 pm

Pitt Hater
From SW FL
I think this discussion has gone on about three pages too long

THIS.

Posted on: 2/17 2:57 pm

Party Machine
It's the off-season, we don't really have that much to discuss about right now to be honest.

Posted on: 2/17 4:11 pm

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Quote:

TheMac wrote:

They're NOT public representatives of WVU, Bob Huggins is a public representative of WVU, Dana Holgorsen is a public representative of WVU, E. Gordon Gee is a public representative of WVU, Bruce Irvin and Skyler Howard are former players.

Personally, I think this discussion has gone on about three pages too long. It's 2017, the world runs on "ill-advised" tweets. This is such a non-issue, do you see what athletes say on a daily basis? It's a wild world...

Yes they do represent. Nobody would've cared less what Skyler Howard had to say if he didn't once play QB for WVU. Bruce's name is on several things at the athletic complex...duh. Ask either one of them and I bet they both wish they had never tweeted to begin with. Both would probably also say this all doesn't mean squat. They recognize their "unofficial" position. Shame you can't.

My comments were more about listening to Slaton and White's podcast...which I thought was pretty cool and then to point out NO, I WOULDN'T CHARACTERIZE EITHER OF THEIR TWEETS AS "RIGHT".

3 pages probably is too much...
especially when a page and a half of posts came from the 2 people fussing about it. I suppose posting about sitting between Grier and Howard's girlfriends or "Hell yeahs" or posting your bands vids is so much more relevant than commenting on a Slaton/White podcast. I get it.

Posted on: 2/17 6:13 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Don't care.

Posted on: 2/17 7:08 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
At least we're talking about our ex-QB and edge rusher fighting on Twitter and not 59 alleged rapes and a university wide cover up

Posted on: 2/18 8:42 am

Pitt Hater
WVUSWIM ~ what a great point!!!! I hold my breathe that we never have that stuff happen at WVU. So far if a twitter war is the worst behavior we have from former players, we are doing well!

Posted on: 2/18 8:53 am

Pitt Hater
WVUSWIM ~ what a great point!!!! I hold my breathe that we never have that stuff happen at WVU. So far if a twitter war is the worst behavior we have from former players, we are doing well!

Posted on: 2/18 9:13 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From nj - wv - ca
Quote:

eers_fan wrote:
Yes they do represent. Nobody would've cared less what Skyler Howard had to say if he didn't once play QB for WVU. Bruce's name is on several things at the athletic complex...duh. Ask either one of them and I bet they both wish they had never tweeted to begin with. Both would probably also say this all doesn't mean squat. They recognize their "unofficial" position. Shame you can't.

I think that's where the problem is, you're under the impression people care about this. The only people talking about this are the 6 people on this site, that believe the world will stop if a day goes by where they don't discuss wvu football.

and to clarify...just because you played football at wvu at some point in your life, doesn't mean you're a lifelong public representative of the school. Bruce Irvin is a public representative of the oakland raiders, what he chooses to do with his money, is his business. Again, it doesn't make him a public representative of the school. Mylan has his name on our stadium, the actions of his company do not represent wvu now. When Adam Bednarik plead guilty to sexually assaulting a 15 year old girl, he was not a public representative of wvu because he played football here.

Posted on: 2/18 5:15 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Robertsdale,Al via parkersburg
LOL MAC, you are putting way to much common sense in this thread, peoples head are going to start exploding!!!

Posted on: 2/18 6:35 pm

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
What is wrong with you MAC? You are bizarre! I have left you alone for 6 months since your "I've been threatened" tantrum. I avoid your posts. Your are not worth dialoging with. Your comments are generally vitriolic and I feel dirty just exchanging posts with someone like you.

You are ridiculous. OK, I will take my 3 posts in this thread out of here - since "I care" about this so much. Will you remove your 6?

I get that people find this a stupid little embarrassment to WVU and would prefer it just go away...me too. But who are you, Mac, to bully and harass people about what they post about. You, who most of this site would just prefer if you just left. You, who has 10-15 page threads to discuss the use of your word "donk". You, who judge people's posts by the name at the top rather than what was said. Many of the one's who want you here just enjoy the crap throwing contests you perpetually start.

How often do you post something positive or informative? How often do you just get on here to rip into people and call them names? Please, just ignore my posts and pretend I don't exist. I've been doing that with you successfully for 6 months no matter how stupid, arrogant and vitriolic your posts are. Please allow me to just ignore you by just ignoring me as well. Once again, you decide to put words into my mouth that were never said. Read slowly now, I don't care about this very much either. Curiosity at best. I found Slaton and White's blog to be cool. I disagreed that their tweets could be characterized as "partly right".

To which you feel compelled to start this crap. This same scenario has played out a hundred times with you with a hundred different people. Are you that miserable that you feel compelled to try to spread it around?

Here.

Mac, you are absolutely right and I apologize for ever posting in a thread that doesn't meet your standard of excellence. I will endeavor in the future to modify what I say and what I type by taking a moment of quiet reflection first and asking myself..., "What would Mac do." I fear that I shall never be able to adequately type, read or think as well as the Mac so I will try to refrain from antagonizing such a valued and respected member/leader of this site.

Posted on: 2/18 7:33 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Robertsdale,Al via parkersburg
Open in new window

Posted on: 2/18 10:21 pm

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Creative wvsouth. When did you become an asshat?

Shall we go back to when you've decided that you had taken enough from someone and told them about it? I can recall at least 3 times you've had enough from someone on here and said something similar or worse. Somebody mock you and make you feel bad? Is that what turned you (and some others) into the post police? Pot calling kettle black.

And it's funny, you cried and cried when Skyler made a remark about Senior Day and how the stuff he says reflects badly on the University. So your previously expressed opinion pretty much matches mine. But that's not what your little bitchy memes are about, is it? What is typed doesn't matter, only who is saying it and who did they say it to.

Never shared a negative word with you until now.

Posted on: 2/18 11:27 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
T4T
Open in new window

Posted on: 2/18 11:50 pm

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Login
Username:

Password: