We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 »

 
Charlottesville

Joined:
4/9/2008 12:11 pm
From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Posts: 14483
88, I'm surprised you haven't made a thread about this yet.

You still in the area? I can't imagine living there right now. Hope you and yours are safe from the crazies.

Posted on: 8/12 11:10 pm
_________________
We couldn't beat a freshman VT QB.....sad
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12719
Thanks. I still live here. Still trying to make sense of it all. I walk my dog almost every weekend where the crowd was struck by the car. The street he drove down is the street where we access the downtown mall. I stayed away this weekend. It is surreal to see photos and videos of nazis walking around my city, and hard to process. Thanks for checking in.

Posted on: 8/14 7:45 am
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
Eers, I'm glad to see you are okay. I'm sorry to see your place of living had to face all of that evil. I know we do not see eye to eye regarding politics, but I know both of us will agree that Nazi white supremacists are human filth along with criminals and other scum from all walks of life. The only time an American should be waiving a Nazi flag is after he took it from a Nazi. God bless you brother and stay safe.

Posted on: 8/14 9:26 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
12/7/2010 9:55 pm
From M
Posts: 1023
The way I see it, the nazi KKK types and the Antifa BLM types could just go ahead and get rid of each other and the world would be a better place to live. The chances of them changing are slim to none. Let them take each other out then, whatever

Posted on: 8/15 3:53 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

Turkish wrote:
The way I see it, the nazi KKK types and the Antifa BLM types could just go ahead and get rid of each other and the world would be a better place to live. The chances of them changing are slim to none. Let them take each other out then, whatever


Yep,, lots of conservatives pretending both sides are equally bad. The rest of us live in the real world.

Posted on: 8/16 6:05 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2278

Posted on: 8/16 6:10 pm
_________________
montani semper liberi & est ratio liberalismi aegritudinis animi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
9/5/2011 9:55 am
Posts: 1181
Quote:
The way I see it, the nazi KKK types and the Antifa BLM types could just go ahead and get rid of each other and the world would be a better place to live. The chances of them changing are slim to none. Let them take each other out then, whatever


Absolutely. They are all extreme groups. Nazi, KKK and Antifa, all founded by democrat or democrat supporters. KKK, the enforcement wing of the democrat party directly after the civil war and founded by a democrat/confederate (or had a big part in it). Democrats have always been for slavery, then and now.

Nazi (the national "socialist" party) shared many of the Margaret Sanger (Hilary Clinton's idol) radical-progressive views of the early progressives of the early 1900's. They perfected the death camps and racial purity the radical progressives originated. The Nazi's based a lot of their Jewish laws on the democrat segregation laws but even the Nazi's found the democrats too extreme.

BLM, a radical left group gained power and encouraged under community disorganizer Obama and the divider-in-chief.

These are all wacko groups that have no place in society.


Posted on: 8/16 8:19 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

Are they chanting this because they want to kill police for being police? Or are they protesting the continual killing of black Americans with no repercussions by the police?

Your side wants to kill people for how they were born (the racists...not the cops in general), not for what they have done. Sorry you can't comprehend the difference,

Posted on: 8/16 8:27 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

92WVUGrad wrote:
Quote:
The way I see it, the nazi KKK types and the Antifa BLM types could just go ahead and get rid of each other and the world would be a better place to live. The chances of them changing are slim to none. Let them take each other out then, whatever


Absolutely. They are all extreme groups. Nazi, KKK and Antifa, all founded by democrat or democrat supporters. KKK, the enforcement wing of the democrat party directly after the civil war and founded by a democrat/confederate (or had a big part in it). Democrats have always been for slavery, then and now.

Nazi (the national "socialist" party) shared many of the Margaret Sanger (Hilary Clinton's idol) radical-progressive views of the early progressives of the early 1900's. They perfected the death camps and racial purity the radical progressives originated. The Nazi's based a lot of their Jewish laws on the democrat segregation laws but even the Nazi's found the democrats too extreme.

BLM, a radical left group gained power and encouraged under community disorganizer Obama and the divider-in-chief.

These are all wacko groups that have no place in society.



Open in new window

Posted on: 8/16 8:29 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
Facts always seem to make you laugh, beer. Also, I really thoight this could have been the one thread where we could all act civil, be there for Eers88, and condone all extremist sides but no. You just have to be an idiot, as per usual.

Also, if youd like, you can look at the 2nd volume of Mein Kampf. Thr literal title is "The National Socialist Movement" and the democratic party is where the KKK staryed. This are widely known facts. I wonder why you pretend they aren't.

Also, dont forget when Hussein invited BLM protestors to the white house after they told cops to fry like bacon. Also I wonder why you only ever hear about BLM when anybody other than a black person kills another black person? Which is very rare. But they ignore the murder that blacks do to other blacks, by the thousands.

Posted on: 8/16 9:03 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Facts always seem to make you laugh, beer. Also, I really thoight this could have been the one thread where we could all act civil, be there for Eers88, and condone all extremist sides but no. You just have to be an idiot, as per usual.

Also, if youd like, you can look at the 2nd volume of Mein Kampf. Thr literal title is "The National Socialist Movement" and the democratic party is where the KKK staryed. This are widely known facts. I wonder why you pretend they aren't.

Also, dont forget when Hussein invited BLM protestors to the white house after they told cops to fry like bacon. Also I wonder why you only ever hear about BLM when anybody other than a black person kills another black person? Which is very rare. But they ignore the murder that blacks do to other blacks, by the thousands.


Oh honey, referring to a respectable president by his (inflammatory to bigot dipshits) middle name really makes your argument great again.

Before invoking Eers88 as an an excuse for your dipshittary, why not ask him how he feels?

Your non-racist opinions are starting to sound more and more racist. Just sayin.

Posted on: 8/16 11:49 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
12/7/2010 9:55 pm
From M
Posts: 1023
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

Turkish wrote:
The way I see it, the nazi KKK types and the Antifa BLM types could just go ahead and get rid of each other and the world would be a better place to live. The chances of them changing are slim to none. Let them take each other out then, whatever


Yep,, lots of conservatives pretending both sides are equally bad. The rest of us live in the real world.


LOL!! Only a small percentage of real people living in the real world are even on your side anymore dude. You guys are making sure your reps never win anything ever again in the future too which is wonderful. Please keep it up! Keep pointing your fingers at everyone but yourselves. We love watching you mental midgets do this and believe anything except reality. Its awesome seriously.

Posted on: 8/17 6:04 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
10/27/2006 2:33 pm
From LA
Posts: 1058
Open in new window

Posted on: 8/17 8:17 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Facts always seem to make you laugh, beer. Also, I really thoight this could have been the one thread where we could all act civil, be there for Eers88, and condone all extremist sides but no. You just have to be an idiot, as per usual.

Also, if youd like, you can look at the 2nd volume of Mein Kampf. Thr literal title is "The National Socialist Movement" and the democratic party is where the KKK staryed. This are widely known facts. I wonder why you pretend they aren't.

Also, dont forget when Hussein invited BLM protestors to the white house after they told cops to fry like bacon. Also I wonder why you only ever hear about BLM when anybody other than a black person kills another black person? Which is very rare. But they ignore the murder that blacks do to other blacks, by the thousands.


Oh honey, referring to a respectable president by his (inflammatory to bigot dipshits) middle name really makes your argument great again.

Before invoking Eers88 as an an excuse for your dipshittary, why not ask him how he feels?

Your non-racist opinions are starting to sound more and more racist. Just sayin.


Read my first reply to the thread. I was glad to see he was okay. Or is that not good enough?

I'm sorry, but I don't recall referring to a respectable president. Also, why should anyone take you seriously? The only responses you give are memes from facebook and calling people pet names, and of course, calling everybody else racist when youve ran out of memes with which to reply because you cant counter anything truthful which was said by other posters. Why not actually engage in the conversation? Maybe because you have nothing of value to offer.

Posted on: 8/17 8:25 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4775
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

Are they chanting this because they want to kill police for being police? Or are they protesting the continual killing of black Americans with no repercussions by the police?

Your side wants to kill people for how they were born (the racists...not the cops in general), not for what they have done. Sorry you can't comprehend the difference,



Hmmmm.....do these police we HAVE to protest against and denigrate ONLY kill black people in error or as an excessive use of force?

Posted on: 8/17 12:01 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/26/2010 9:15 am
Posts: 2278
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

Are they chanting this because they want to kill police for being police? Or are they protesting the continual killing of black Americans with no repercussions by the police?

Your side wants to kill people for how they were born (the racists...not the cops in general), not for what they have done. Sorry you can't comprehend the difference,



Hmmmm.....do these police we HAVE to protest against and denigrate ONLY kill black people in error or as an excessive use of force?

Brobison - there is no talking sense to free beer. He's so far left that he labels moderates alt right.
His post make for good laughter though.

Posted on: 8/17 12:13 pm
_________________
montani semper liberi & est ratio liberalismi aegritudinis animi
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12719
I appreciate everyone's concern. Frankly, I have avoided coming here for fear of what I would find. If people want to be here for the people of Charlottesville, then they should stop advancing false narratives about what happened here and who was at fault. This isn't a tough call. Even if you want to break it down into "sides," here is a list, in chronological order.

One side:
1. Submitted false paperwork for its permit so that it could be held at Emancipation Park, which is less safe because it is smaller and surrounded by narrow streets and buildings on three sides. To be fair, they did this because the statue is there, but it made it less safe for everyone.
2. Threatened, planned and/or organized attacks on various Charlottesville places of worship, including burning them down.
3. Held a group of congregants captive in a church when they surrounded it holding Tiki torches and chanting "Heil Trump," "Blood and Soil," and "You (or Jews) will not replace us." The first report I received of this was a friend in the church posting on Facebook that the congregants were unable to leave and were scared to death.
4. Marched through UVA (after intentionally giving a false path of travel to UVA officials in order to avoid police protection) carrying Tiki torches and again chanting those same chants and getting into several altercations with UVA students, eventually surrounding a group of students in a circle about 10 nazis deep at Thomas Jefferson's statue.
5. Armed themselves with AR15s, handguns, clubs, helmets and shields.
6. Intentionally disobeyed the Police's safety plan designed to protect them and the lawful counter protesters by literally forcing their way through the counter protesters to enter the park. The safety plan called for them to enter through the side of the park where the police had removed all of the counter demonstrators. They never told the police they were going to do that, and, not surprisingly, their pushing their way through the counter demonstrators led to skirmishes and is why the Police declared the assembly unlawful and ordered them to disperse.
7. Ignored the police's orders to return to McIntire Park, which is a couple of miles away, where the police could maintain their safety, and instead roamed through downtown looking for small groups and individuals to prey on, as well as synagogues and churches to strike. Fortunately, these places of worship were protected by local citizens.
8. Drove a car into a group of peaceful protesters killing one and injuring many. This was not related to any skirmish and was well after the crowds were dispersed.
9. It also appears that they may have called in false bomb threats to move police to areas away from where they intended to strike, and that there was a coordinated effort to strike a crowd by car because there were alt-right members on foot coordinating with the driver. Based on what I know, this is likely so, but I wouldn't say I know it to be true. I understand it is being investigated, and several people who were at the scene said the car stopped at the top of the street, asked a white male if he was "alright," and then spoke some more before driving into the crowd.

The other side:
1. Didn't submit false paperwork for its permit, which was awarded by the city.
2. Was prepared to follow the police safety plan and was surprised to see the the alt-right members forcing their way through them to "enter" the park given that the police safety plan called for them to enter the park through the side that was vacant. (The demonstrations were coordinated, or at least they were supposed to be, in order to allow both sides to demonstrate peacefully.) This path and manner of entry was clearly designed to incite violence.
3. Protected people and places of worship.
4. Probably began some skirmishes. Most of them were local and armed with signs so I don't see them looking for a fight, but in those conditions it is likely some of them struck out.

It isn't hard to see which side is responsible for the two-day terrorist attack that happened here. It was intentional, and BLM, anti-fa, or any other group didn't conduct this type of coordinated attack against the city and university.

As if this isn't enough evidence to place responsibility firmly with the alt-right, consider that the KKK was here just weeks ago, dressed in their hoods and shouting "white power," and nothing like this happened. The KKK followed the police safety plan so that the groups stayed separated. They arrived when and where they were supposed to. They left when they were supposed to. They spoke similar words of hate and white supremacy as the alt-right, and there was no clash or violence between the groups because they weren't here for violence. There were actually some counter protesters who were arrested at the KKK rally because they refused to disperse afterwards, stood in the street, and wore masks, which is against a city ordinance. They might have well have held signs saying "Please arrest us." But in any event, there was no violence between the groups, and there was no attack on Charlottesville or its residents.

Frankly, seeing all of this, I honestly thought that this would be something the country could finally unite around. Neo-Nazis literally came and committed a terrorist attack. Who could possibly not stand up against that without equivocation? Trump's statements that what happened here was an "egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides" was a gut punch to me and everyone here. There was only one "side" displaying "hatred, bigotry and violence" in Charlottesville, and people advancing that rhetoric makes it really hard to recover. This isn't a partisan issue, it is a decency issue.

Posted on: 8/17 12:32 pm
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
Eers, how can you honestly say it was only one side when there are videos of alt-left antifa goons punching people, even reporters who were filming? One female news reporter had to get stitches in her head because she was attacked by the alt-left. Even Jake Tapper was calling out the alt-left for attacking people. Don't try and blame this on one "side" when everybody on both sides is guilty. President Trumps statement was simply true and nothing wrong with what he said at all.


https://m.imgur.com/a/jvI2Z

Posted on: 8/17 12:55 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12719
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Eers, how can you honestly say it was only one side when there are videos of alt-left antifa goons punching people, even reporters who were filming? One female news reporter had to get stitches in her head because she was attacked by the alt-left. Even Jake Tapper was calling out the alt-left for attacking people. Don't try and blame this on one "side" when everybody on both sides is guilty. President Trumps statement was simply true and nothing wrong with what he said at all.


https://m.imgur.com/a/jvI2Z


Re-read what I wrote. I said there were some counter protesters responsible for skirmishes. BTW - there is no group recognized as alt-left. It is literally a creation of Sean Hannity. I would guess they are actually opportunistic anarchists rather than anti-fa, but how can you tell unless you take photos of them at this event and match them to other photos of known anarchists or anti-fa. I really don't care who they are. Certainly all the violence is bad. But FFS, what they did is nothing compared to what the alt-right did to Charlottesville. You are comparing a coordinated two-day terrorist attack by like a thousand Neo-nazis with a handful of physical altercations by a handful of people. It is like saying, "Well, you have lung cancer and you also have this mosquito bite, so out of some weirdo sense of fairness we have to treat them both the same." They aren't.

When you find yourself saying,"Well, in all fairness to the Nazis ..." you might want to rethink what you are saying.

Again, this isn't a partisan issue. These people don't represent conservatives or liberals. None of them. I don't want any of them here. But I sure as hell wouldn't wish what the neo-nazis did here on anyone else's city.



Posted on: 8/17 1:31 pm
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Charlottesville
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 7454
I never said, in fairness to Nazis. Also if you want to claim there is no "alt-left" then there is no actual "alt-right". Alt-right was created by Paul Gottfried.

Come o. Lol. There is alt right and alt left. Dont be foolish and the alt left are as guilty as the alt right.

Posted on: 8/17 9:02 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



(1) 2 3 4 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved