We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

2018 WR Sam James dominates 1st HS game

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Bol ... the-Competition-106577704

West Virginia wide receiver commit Sam James put on a show in his senior season debut. The three-star prospect caught four passes for 145 yards and two touchdowns in a Richmond Hill (GA) win over the weekend. James wasted no time making his presence known, catching a pass on the first play of the game and racing 80 yards for a score.

Posted on: 8/28 11:19 am

Re: WVU Football 2018 Recruiting Thread
Suspected Punter
They really run the hell out of that screen play.

Posted on: 8/29 12:41 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Suspected Punter
From Big Pine Key, FL
I've tried calling the FB office to no avail. How do you notify the FB office to look at a high school player? The prospect is 6-1, 227# senior Luke Hamilton of Cumberland, MD Fort Hill High School. He currently plays TE,HB and DL.

Posted on: 8/31 12:15 pm

Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Quote:

islander wrote:
I've tried calling the FB office to no avail. How do you notify the FB office to look at a high school player? The prospect is 6-1, 227# senior Luke Hamilton of Cumberland, MD Fort Hill High School. He currently plays TE,HB and DL.

Typically HS coaches will send in game film to the director of recruiting. That department will look at film of 100s of different kids. That's how Owen Schmitt got noticed. If an average Joe could make a call to the football office and get a scout to see their kid play, then everybody would do it. Film is what they're looking for

Posted on: 9/1 6:55 am

Pitt Hater
From Atlanta, GA
Yea .... theyre the experts. They don't care what average people think. That area is recruited decently. If he is good, someone will find him.

Posted on: 9/1 3:28 pm

Suspected Punter
Chris yura, ronnie rodamer, both Motown boys who went to nd. Played against the younger rodamer he went to Marshall. Charlie Russell was a def three star from Motown and some had him as a four maybe. Big strong kid who played in the wing t and never threw. Plus he went when Richrod was there so he didn't have much chance. Anyone remember Jon Lewis' older brother? I think it was Junius like his dad. Was a te/de in hs. Came here as a dt didn't stay long. Parkersburg had a lot of boys wit the same name go to Ohio state. Played against an extremely overrated rj Coleman at Byrd. He was a four star te. Should of played baseball. Quincy was the same year as yura. Shame he tore up his knee and sat behind Avon forever. Coaches have said they wanted three backers. Tavis Lee was at the game this weekend but still no offer. But after the weekend there was like half a dozen crystal ball picks that had Zakoby McClain coming here. As much as I love lee I'd have to take McClain if that's what it came down to lol. He may be one of the few guys who actually goes backward from lb to spur or something. He's that fast and not too big. Stud donatter what. Def see smith going to lb. he's a stud. I'm surprised we took the wr who is transferring to where brown plays, verbal over the big white boy. Can't think of his name. But he is bigger and faster. But Holgorson has said he's not going to wait around lol (on some kids) but I like it. Taylor I think? I don't think they take any more wr's other than like a scates or the 5star/4star from Louisiana who was committed to Kansas. Love this dline class. Def a lot of potential. I think Williams and Allen are underrated. Hell Allen is so athletic he plays tailback lol and runs well lol. And Williams looks like he can just pack the pounds on. If ya ever see a pic of Allen look at his freakin hands smh it's unreal. Sry so long. Just late night bullshittin

Posted on: 9/11 10:32 pm

Suspected Punter
Oh does anyone remember Robert Landers?? Three star dtackle. Was committed to us forever and Ohio state didn't get the guts they wanted and offered. He's been in the two deep for them for two years now. Had a fumble return for a touchdown called back in their first game. This d line and wr class is loaded. Just hope we can sign them all. Especially James. He's a freak. Stills isn't coming in early because he wants to play basketball and go for the three peat. Wish he would come early. He needs the strength and spring ball would hopefully help with his game motor. Oh well. Both stud tackles in the state for next year look like they'll both be playing at Ohio state lol. And I was dreaming of wv boys at both tackle spots lol. Tough area for us to get. Did see where Ethridge had two tackles for Louisville. Rivals has the Huntington tackle as their 13 or 12 overall prospect! Def will drop im sure. Nester is in the 80's. But sucks either way. Also would like to get Grant Well up here. Maybe play football and baseball like our qb commit this year.

Posted on: 9/11 10:42 pm

Noob
Good to see some action back on this thread. Right now, there are 5 spots left. I think there will be more. I see some attrition in the future. There are some guys who are having trouble cracking the rotation right now (I'm thinking of about 4 guys who are sitting behind younger guys who are playing. I don't want to name names but we can figure it out.). There are still 2-3 who might declare (Grier, and Askew-Henry and Cajuste are less likely)

5 spots left

1. Zakoby McClain - looks like a real keeper at OLB or spur. 4 star.

2. Blaine Scott - like McClain had a good visit for the ECU game. 3 or 4 star OG

3. TJ Banks - he said it is down to us and Temple. I can't think we lose that matchup unless we are just completely full at where he can play, which seems to be multiple positions. 3 or 4 star DE, TE, ATH

4. Kwantel Raines - built for the spur. Still have a shot. Consensus 4 star

5. Joseph Scates - his two favorites are us and Bama. Bama is looking strong for the second WR in their class, Waddle. There may not be room in Tuscaloosa for Scates. Is there room in Morgantown? 4-star

BTW, anyone remember this many 4-stars seriously in play this late in the recruiting season for us?

6. An offensive tackle - Luke Tenuta has been high on the list, but there are many JUCOs out there. Right now we are thin there. Taking two in this class would help depth down the road, since we only lose Cajuste over the next 2 years.

7. A cornerback or two - 3 of the top 4 in the depth chart are seniors. We already have Rogers. The JUCO Webb plans to visit, and the kid from the other Bluefield, Cooke, has been high on us for a while.

A good season on the field is the best prescription for a good finish to the class. I like this class a lot. Add these guys and it will be a historic class for us.

Posted on: 9/11 11:40 pm

Party Machine
Quote:

professeer wrote:
Good to see some action back on this thread. Right now, there are 5 spots left. I think there will be more. I see some attrition in the future. There are some guys who are having trouble cracking the rotation right now (I'm thinking of about 4 guys who are sitting behind younger guys who are playing. I don't want to name names but we can figure it out.). There are still 2-3 who might declare (Grier, and Askew-Henry and Cajuste are less likely)

5 spots left

1. Zakoby McClain - looks like a real keeper at OLB or spur. 4 star.

2. Blaine Scott - like McClain had a good visit for the ECU game. 3 or 4 star OG

3. TJ Banks - he said it is down to us and Temple. I can't think we lose that matchup unless we are just completely full at where he can play, which seems to be multiple positions. 3 or 4 star DE, TE, ATH

4. Kwantel Raines - built for the spur. Still have a shot. Consensus 4 star

5. Joseph Scates - his two favorites are us and Bama. Bama is looking strong for the second WR in their class, Waddle. There may not be room in Tuscaloosa for Scates. Is there room in Morgantown? 4-star

BTW, anyone remember this many 4-stars seriously in play this late in the recruiting season for us?

6. An offensive tackle - Luke Tenuta has been high on the list, but there are many JUCOs out there. Right now we are thin there. Taking two in this class would help depth down the road, since we only lose Cajuste over the next 2 years.

7. A cornerback or two - 3 of the top 4 in the depth chart are seniors. We already have Rogers. The JUCO Webb plans to visit, and the kid from the other Bluefield, Cooke, has been high on us for a while.

A good season on the field is the best prescription for a good finish to the class. I like this class a lot. Add these guys and it will be a historic class for us.

I haven't seen this many 4*'s look at us in a while, credit to Dana and staff for getting them interested, hopefully we can lock a few in, have potential to have a damn good class when it's all said and done.

Posted on: 9/12 9:50 pm

Noob
We are down to 4 recruiting slots left. WVU has added a transfer kicker from Western Kentucky, Skyler Simcox. He was a Lou Groza Award semifinalist before leaving WKU. He will enroll in January and be eligible next year, with a total of two years left. He will compete for both kicking and kickoffs.

The talk is heating up that Grier is one and done. It's likely, given his age, family status, and the potential for an NFL career. That would raise the total to five. Too early to be guessing attrition at the moment, but I am sure the coaching staff has an eye on it. Right now, there are more potential recruits than slots to hold them.

4 slots: one for McClain, one for Scott, one for Banks, one for Raines. If any of these are not coming, it opens up some space for the next tier: Cooke, Webb, Tenuta, Miller, a WR (Scates maybe? The new offer from IMG maybe?),a JUCO tackle, ??? Another transfer or two??? We'll have to wait and see.

Posted on: 9/15 11:00 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Robertsdale,Al via parkersburg
Don`t take this the wrong way but..........this gives me a HARD on!!!!!!!!!!!
I`m willing to bet that Grier will stay.......then I`ll have a full on morning BONER!!!!!!!

Posted on: 9/16 12:22 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From spencer
It's a qb heavy group this year. If he leaves he will be qb 4-5 due to depth of work from the others. If he stays he is qb 1-3 next year. It comes down to his family situation. Broke with a wife and kid can change your perspective.

Posted on: 9/19 8:31 pm

Party Machine
Agreed, I'd love for Grier to stay, but who knows his situation, a full scholarship is nice, but when you have a wife and kid throw into the mix, you can't blame someone for needing to secure financial stability. Agreed though, Grier is a top quarterback next year, this year he has to deal with a loaded QB class. Definitely depends on how the rest of the year plays out, but I mean he's looked sharp.

Posted on: 9/19 10:15 pm

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved