We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2) 3 »

 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Awesome how conservatives are no longer outraged by use of a private e-mail server.

Just sayin'


Just your standard, political hypocrisy. At this point I'm more concerned about their public use of political office.


Public praise for DonKeeballs...I used to think that you just hated liberals. Kudos for holding both sides accountable!

Posted on: 10/11 1:20 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4769
Quote:
Really? Wow. So what is your proof that there was no secret information for Kushner?


Did you bother doing any research on what the email use entailed?

I didn't think so.

Even the New York Times says there is nothing to these emails.....but you can believe what you like. This is what is wrong with this country. The morons on either side can't even come up with their OWN outrage anymore. They have to rehash the same crap.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/24/us/ ... shner-personal-email.html

By all means do an investigation but if haphazardly handling secret emails is no basis for indictment then......you got nothing here. All of you guys were frothing at the mouth saying this was normal so don't act like it is something big now. That is a double standard.

When his emails are subpeoned and he then thumbs his nose at the FBI and deletes what he wants to you MIGHT have a point.

Otherwise you don't. I don't know how much simpler it could be. If the FBI says hand over the emails. You hand them over. You seriously don't see the point?! Yikes!

Now the question is for you. How do you know she only deleted personal emails? I would suspect that someone saving their ass would make that statement and there is no way to prove it wrong. That is why she should leave them on there. I recognize that they might be damaging if they get out but by erasing them she looked like a criminal.

Posted on: 10/11 2:56 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
ooh, morons. You've certainly put me in my place.

Fact is that he used his email for government purposes after the Trump campaign won an election on how dangerous that is. Now without looking at all of his emails we're morons because after this group getting caught in lie after lie we aren't sure what he was really doing.

Did the New York Times have access to his emails to confirm what happened? If not, maybe you can help them out since you have proof. Hillary could not be trusted because she's a liar, therefore an in depth investigation happened. But these folks are to be trusted why exactly?

The "proof" that both you and your link refer to is his lawyer's statement that it was less than 100 emails and not significant.

So a question back to you: On what planet is the statement from Kushner's lawyer more reliable than Hillary's lawyer saying that she only deleted personal emails? It is literally the same thing that you interpret two different ways.

Turns out I didn't have to research it at all. You provided all I needed to back up my assertion. Thanks for helping this moron out.

Posted on: 10/11 4:10 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Sorry, I didn't answer your direct question.

Answer: We don't know if she deleted only personal emails exactly like we don't know if his is truly less than 100 emails and insignificant.

Posted on: 10/11 4:12 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Pitt Hater
Joined:
5/3/2008 8:47 am
From Parkersburg,WV
Posts: 2075
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

DonKeebals wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Awesome how conservatives are no longer outraged by use of a private e-mail server.

Just sayin'


Just your standard, political hypocrisy. At this point I'm more concerned about their public use of political office.


Public praise for DonKeeballs...I used to think that you just hated liberals. Kudos for holding both sides accountable!


Not sure why you would think I only hate liberals. I've been pretty open about my disgust with Republicans as well. I have even backed it up in the voting booth the last three elections

Posted on: 10/11 7:15 pm
_________________
High Fructose Corn Syrup Aggies like it in the corn hole.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4769
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
ooh, morons. You've certainly put me in my place.

Fact is that he used his email for government purposes after the Trump campaign won an election on how dangerous that is. Now without looking at all of his emails we're morons because after this group getting caught in lie after lie we aren't sure what he was really doing.

Did the New York Times have access to his emails to confirm what happened? If not, maybe you can help them out since you have proof. Hillary could not be trusted because she's a liar, therefore an in depth investigation happened. But these folks are to be trusted why exactly?

The "proof" that both you and your link refer to is his lawyer's statement that it was less than 100 emails and not significant.

So a question back to you: On what planet is the statement from Kushner's lawyer more reliable than Hillary's lawyer saying that she only deleted personal emails? It is literally the same thing that you interpret two different ways.

Turns out I didn't have to research it at all. You provided all I needed to back up my assertion. Thanks for helping this moron out.


Is there a subpoena for Kushner's emails?

Posted on: 10/12 7:22 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Parse it all you want counselor.

My point (and the point of the thread) has always been that they did the same thing and the reaction on the right was to rally in the streets calling to lock one of them up while casually dismissing the other. You know this.

You want to now frame the debate over a subpoena. So ok, you got me there. Congrats on winnng your strawman argument. It is the LACK of calls for a subpoena from the right that helps prove the point of this thread.

Good move abandoning your earlier "have you done any research" angle and trying to pivot. Didn't work but you needed to try something as your argument fell apart.

Posted on: 10/12 8:28 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4769
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Parse it all you want counselor.

My point (and the point of the thread) has always been that they did the same thing and the reaction on the right was to rally in the streets calling to lock one of them up while casually dismissing the other. You know this.

You want to now frame the debate over a subpoena. So ok, you got me there. Congrats on winnng your strawman argument. It is the LACK of calls for a subpoena from the right that helps prove the point of this thread.

Good move abandoning your earlier "have you done any research" angle and trying to pivot. Didn't work but you needed to try something as your argument fell apart.


I am trying to explain why I don't give a crap what anyone's lawyer says. If you can't understand that, I can't type any slower. You act like I have somehow put trust in someone's lawyer. Talk about a Strawman argument. Apparently you don't understand my argument at all.

It isn't a strawman argument in the least. It is showing you the difference between two situations.

Kushner's lawyer is no better than Hillary's lawyer or worse. It is irrelevant what either lawyer says. One person is the subject of an investigation, the other one isn't. One person at the very least has the appearance of destroying and/or tampering with evidence while the other isn't even under investigation.

Nice try attempting to change the whole story around to fit your narrative but unfortunately.....it fails.

I would be more worried that the son of a convicted felon has access to the President. I am no fan of this administration but to try and say that this is analogous to Hillary is a sad stretch. It isn't.

It concerns me that people who want to be thought of as intelligent can't see the difference between these situations.

EDIT: By the way, Trump won the election over the missing emails not about using the private email server. I guess you COULD believe that it was about the private email server but he stated many times he wanted her to turn over the missing emails. Remember that? I can't remember a single time he mentioned her private email use. It was always about the deleted emails. Others on here that tow the Republican line can correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT EDIT: Trump actually won the election because Hillary was overconfident and a horrible candidate but you go ahead and believe what you want. There was plenty of other reasons to dislike Hillary beside her email server.

Posted on: 10/12 8:47 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Awesome how conservatives are no longer outraged by use of a private e-mail server.

Just sayin'


Brobison...the quote above is the topic at hand. Not an investigation. Not subpoenas. The topic is the selective outrage from conservatives on the use of private email. It's really not hard to follow.

I understand all that you are saying. It's just irrelevant to the topic at hand. You're just too Trumpedly determined to win and look smarter than everyone to notice. Glad you don't act like we morons on the left/right.

Posted on: 10/12 11:33 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

brobison wrote:

I am trying to explain why I don't give a crap what anyone's lawyer says. If you can't understand that, I can't type any slower. You act like I have somehow put trust in someone's lawyer. Talk about a Strawman argument. Apparently you don't understand my argument at all.



Wow, you are losing it. You literally provided a link to bolster your argument that simple research would prove your point as even the New York Times has debunked the Kushner email story. I pointed out that the story merely quoted his lawyer. Therefore your argument relies on the word of his lawyer.

So if citing his lawyer to support your argument is your way of explaining that you don't care about what lawyers say...then yes, you do need to type slower.

Posted on: 10/12 11:48 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4769
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Awesome how conservatives are no longer outraged by use of a private e-mail server.

Just sayin'


Brobison...the quote above is the topic at hand. Not an investigation. Not subpoenas. The topic is the selective outrage from conservatives on the use of private email. It's really not hard to follow.

I understand all that you are saying. It's just irrelevant to the topic at hand. You're just too Trumpedly determined to win and look smarter than everyone to notice. Glad you don't act like we morons on the left/right.


By the way....Kushner didn't have a private email server. He had a private email account. There is quite a difference there.

Once again...if a criminal investigation doesn't matter then a non-investigation doesn't matter either. You just showed us what was important. Thank you oh liberal one.

Its like when you guys go all ape-**** over Donald Trump TALKING about grabbing **** but you defend the guy who actually grabs them. See? How does the hypocrisy look now? At least the conservatives have the decency to handle this in the correct direction.

Posted on: 10/12 12:06 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

brobison wrote:

Is there a subpoena for Kushner's emails?


The subpoena doesn't exist...just like the conservative outrage doesn't exist, which happens to be the topic at hand.

Posted on: 10/12 12:18 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

brobison wrote:

By the way....Kushner didn't have a private email server. He had a private email account. There is quite a difference there.


Lol, twenty year IT professional here...but since you are such an expert on private email accounts vs. private email servers, please explain to me what email server was being used for his private account? Unless you are suggesting he used gmail and that is somehow better and more secure?

Quote:

brobison wrote:

Once again...if a criminal investigation doesn't matter then a non-investigation doesn't matter either. You just showed us what was important. Thank you oh liberal one.


Neither has anything to due with the outrage vs. lack of outrage discussion at hand. If this were a legal argument then you'd be all over it. Keep humping that chicken.

Quote:

brobison wrote:

Its like when you guys go all ape-**** over Donald Trump TALKING about grabbing **** but you defend the guy who actually grabs them. See? How does the hypocrisy look now? At least the conservatives have the decency to handle this in the correct direction.


Please link to one instance of me defending Bill Clinton's BS. You can't. Nice try though.

I guess if having a double standard on what merits outrage is having the decency to handle things the right way then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Posted on: 10/12 12:32 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4769
Quote:

Lol, twenty year IT professional here...but since you are such an expert on private email accounts vs. private email servers, please explain to me what email server was being used for his private account? Unless you are suggesting he used gmail and that is somehow better and more secure?


27 years in the software industry. Bachelor of Science in Computer science. They aren't the same are they? Neither you or I know what server was used so you nor i know if they are or they aren't secure. I do know that the likelihood that Hillary Clinton could maintain a secure email server at her residence is less likely than Google can keep her data secure.

Quote:
Please link to one instance of me defending Bill Clinton's BS. You can't. Nice try though.

I guess if having a double standard on what merits outrage is having the decency to handle things the right way then we'll just have to agree to disagree.


Funny how you make stereotype arguments against conservatives and then act like someone has to prove YOU personally were outraged by Clinton. What a sad argument. Are you trying to say liberals weren't upset by Trump's treatment of women? Own it or stop the stereotypes argument in the other direction!


Posted on: 10/12 1:15 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4769
Quote:
Neither has anything to due with the outrage vs. lack of outrage discussion at hand. If this were a legal argument then you'd be all over it. Keep humping that chicken.


The legal argument is the point of the outrage. No one cares about whether she did or didn't have an account or a server. We cared about what legally was being investigated and the fact that she thumbed her nose at the laws as written and at the FBI specifically.

Posted on: 10/12 1:18 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 5001
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:
Neither has anything to due with the outrage vs. lack of outrage discussion at hand. If this were a legal argument then you'd be all over it. Keep humping that chicken.


The legal argument is the point of the outrage. No one cares about whether she did or didn't have an account or a server. We cared about what legally was being investigated and the fact that she thumbed her nose at the laws as written and at the FBI specifically.


Nope...let me refer to the original post in this thread (flashback music plays in the background)...

Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Awesome how conservatives are no longer outraged by use of a private e-mail server.

Just sayin'


Remember how you pointed out that my view on predator Clinton wasn't the consensus amongst liberals? Hmmm...just because YOU weren't outraged about the server but only the legal issues [insert whatever it was that you said about me].

Posted on: 10/12 4:33 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Party Machine
Joined:
4/29/2007 10:53 pm
From Northern WV
Posts: 673
Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't it the use of a non-classified server to store classified information the major issue with the Hillary email stuff?

Posted on: 10/12 8:04 pm
_________________
Almost Heaven, West Virginia
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4769
Quote:

jjmwvu wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't it the use of a non-classified server to store classified information the major issue with the Hillary email stuff?


Yes. You can't seem to get that through eer_4da_beer's thick head. It has nothing to do with just sending private emails. But he doesn't really want to understand that. He is on a mission to make these two things equivalent when they are not any way shape or form the same.

The largest outrage was the outrage about her deleting the emails.

The second largest outrage was that she setup a personal email server for items that she knew was classified.

In Kushner's situation none of the emails he sent were classified. The number of differences here are monumental but if Eer_4da_beer keeps pounding that square peg I am sure it will fit in a round hole.

Posted on: 10/13 7:01 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12719
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:
Neither has anything to due with the outrage vs. lack of outrage discussion at hand. If this were a legal argument then you'd be all over it. Keep humping that chicken.


The legal argument is the point of the outrage. No one cares about whether she did or didn't have an account or a server. We cared about what legally was being investigated and the fact that she thumbed her nose at the laws as written and at the FBI specifically.


So what is your take on Ivanka and her dimwit husband moving emails to the Trump Organization server after being told not to?

Posted on: 10/13 9:00 am
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: BUT HIS EMAILS!!!!!????!
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4769
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:
Neither has anything to due with the outrage vs. lack of outrage discussion at hand. If this were a legal argument then you'd be all over it. Keep humping that chicken.


The legal argument is the point of the outrage. No one cares about whether she did or didn't have an account or a server. We cared about what legally was being investigated and the fact that she thumbed her nose at the laws as written and at the FBI specifically.


So what is your take on Ivanka and her dimwit husband moving emails to the Trump Organization server after being told not to?


Do you have a source that shows that:

1. They were told not to by someone in the Justice Department
2. That the emails were kept on the Trump Organization server. I was under the understanding that the data merely passed through the Trump Organization servers.

I am not aware that they were actively told not to do this. I am also not trying to say you are wrong. I am saying I am ignorant of these two facts. I am under the understanding that the emails sent were through personal email accounts. It sounds as if these were emails that had government business content but were more like....attach the info......"get a load of this". That type stuff.

By all means it should be investigated but at this point I don't think there should be any outrage until more facts come in. As stupid as these morons are I can't see them being that dumb. I have been wrong before.

Now if Christopher Wray asks for these emails as a part of an investigation and Kushner/Ivana/Donald delete the emails.....they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

There is a big difference between traffic going through a server and residing on that server. I don't know how systems are set up in this administration but state secrets regularly go through regular systems as a pass-thru. So the fact that emails go through a system wouldn't necessarily make it wrong. In fact in the internet the route that any information takes is non-deterministic. However closely linked servers would be more likely to pass packets

Look, I think Donald Trump is about the dumbest person who has ever been elected and he may turn out to be the worst President ever. I thought that would take a real effort given the series of poor and ineffective leaders that we have had recently but he takes ineffectiveness to levels of buffoonery the likes of which we have never seen. In fact, in the future when we compare Presidents we may have to set Trump in his own class so that we can make meaningful comparisons with other Presidents.

Posted on: 10/13 9:26 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



« 1 (2) 3 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved