Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
The Republican Party Has Become the Man-Child Party

https://medium.com/@thorbenson/the-rep ... -child-party-5d826225de24

So let me get this straight. The ones who started all this labeling as a tactic, are now upset by being accused of Trump derangement syndrome, and are now labeling their political opponents manchilds (manchildren) because of it. Please tell me that I’m not the only one who sees the irony in this.

Anybody?

When exactly would you say that ‘labeling as a tactic’ was started - & by whom? As a person who was well aware of the term ‘fake news’ in its original sense - before it was co-opted & twisted by DT & co, I’m curious about your thinking here.

It’s the fall out of identity politics. Now everything seem to have a label. Please don’t pretend that the label “fake news” was originally intended in its purist form. It was just another tactic used by the Hillary campaign and the liberal media to belittle their political opponents, and discredit their message. By the time the left came out with the term “fake news”, this tactic had became a joke to everyone else. All it took at that point was for liberal media outlets to hoard enough rope to be hung by. In a humorous turn of events said media outlets got caught up in a string of lies. Of course the right were going to tern the weaponized term back on the original users. It was a humorous form of poetic justice.

That’s go back a little further. Before the term “fake news”, we had the term “conspiracy theorist”.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.globa ... aponized-term/5319708/amp

Posted on: 7/23 9:49 pm

Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:

So let me get this straight. The ones who started all this labeling as a tactic, are now upset by being accused of Trump derangement syndrome, and are now labeling their political opponents manchilds (manchildren) because of it. Please tell me that I’m not the only one who sees the irony in this.

Anybody?

When exactly would you say that ‘labeling as a tactic’ was started - & by whom? As a person who was well aware of the term ‘fake news’ in its original sense - before it was co-opted & twisted by DT & co, I’m curious about your thinking here.

It’s the fall out of identity politics. Now everything seem to have a label. Please don’t pretend that the label “fake news” was originally intended in its purist form. It was just another tactic used by the Hillary campaign and the liberal media to belittle their political opponents, and discredit their message. By the time the left came out with the term “fake news”, this tactic had became a joke to everyone else. All it took at that point was for liberal media outlets to hoard enough rope to be hung by. In a humorous turn of events said media outlets got caught up in a string of lies. Of course the right were going to tern the weaponized term back on the original users. It was a humorous form of poetic justice.

That’s go back a little further. Before the term “fake news”, we had the term “conspiracy theorist”.

OK - a lot to unpack there, which I will attempt to do when I have a bit more time. To begin, why do you trust the global research site, when you won’t believe any form of standard media? Looks like just another form of infowars to me - i.e. unsubstantiated, paranoid BS.

When exactly would you say that ‘labeling as a tactic’ was started - & by whom?

Posted on: 7/23 10:11 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan

Posted on: 7/23 10:34 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
"US rejects Putin’s joint ‘interrogations’ plan to end Russiagate. His offer to let US officials attend interrogations of Russian officials indicted by the ‘Russiagate’ probe has been rejected."

It seems Capitol Hill lawmakers have no interest in fair trials when it comes to Russia. Hmm, I wonder why.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/433793-putin- ... nterrogations-russiagate/

Posted on: 7/24 8:24 am

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Interesting. Good idea. I’ll need to think about what I might choose.

In the meantime - I presume that some of what you wrote above is primarily directed at me. I apologize. I’m also not particularly a fan of that type of argument, but please be aware that I’m doing it for a specific reason, which has absolutely nothing to do with the state of my emotions (quite the opposite, in fact.)

Have a great night!

Wrong

(Moving here to avoid messing up the other thread.)

How eloquent. You still haven’t used that massive intellect of yours to explain why it’s OK for you to call other members of this site Nazis & tell them to F*** themselves. What’s the hold up? Surely it’s a trifling task for a masterful scholar such as you.

So - what’s your response?

Posted on: 7/24 9:32 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Disturbing number of Trump campaign members met with Russians and lied about it.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/schi ... ussians-and-lied-about-it

Posted on: 7/24 10:14 am

Gettin' Schmitty
Ivanka Trump Says She Won’t Tell Her Family’s Own Company to Sign 'Hire American' Pledge

https://www.newsweek.com/g00/ivanka-tr ... 8%3D&i10c.ua=1&i10c.dv=14

Posted on: 7/24 10:14 am

Gettin' Schmitty
'He’s more scared of the Russians than jail': Former federal prosector wonders why Paul Manafort going to trial

https://www.reddit.com/r/Impeach_Trump ... ussians_than_jail_former/

Posted on: 7/24 10:17 am

Gettin' Schmitty
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Interesting. Good idea. I’ll need to think about what I might choose.

In the meantime - I presume that some of what you wrote above is primarily directed at me. I apologize. I’m also not particularly a fan of that type of argument, but please be aware that I’m doing it for a specific reason, which has absolutely nothing to do with the state of my emotions (quite the opposite, in fact.)

Have a great night!

Wrong

(Moving here to avoid messing up the other thread.)

How eloquent. You still haven’t used that massive intellect of yours to explain why it’s OK for you to call other members of this site Nazis & tell them to F*** themselves. What’s the hold up? Surely it’s a trifling task for a masterful scholar such as you.

So - what’s your response?

This is common from the right. It's much easier to label someone as stupid or Nazi rather than actually discuss the merits of their argument.

The left usually uses the appeal to emotion.

Posted on: 7/24 10:25 am

Gettin' Schmitty
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:

Anybody?

Actually the term fake news is arguably evolved from "liberal media" or "lamestream media".

My opinion.

Posted on: 7/24 10:29 am

Gettin' Schmitty
Good news is that the price of a good steak is probably going down...

2.5 Billion Pounds of Meat Piles Up in U.S. as Production Grows, Exports Slow.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/meat-pile ... d-exports-slow-1532268000

Posted on: 7/24 3:24 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Quote:
hill_William wrote: When exactly would you say that ‘labeling as a tactic’ was started - & by whom?

I see where you are going with this, but wouldn’t you agree that your antics do little more than water down the point you are attempting to refute?

Conclusion: The irony of the article originally posted still stands.

Posted on: 7/24 4:45 pm

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:
hill_William wrote: When exactly would you say that ‘labeling as a tactic’ was started - & by whom?

I see where you are going with this, but wouldn’t you agree that your antics do little more than water down the point you are attempting to refute?

Conclusion: The irony of the article originally posted still stands.

hmm - antics? You got me there. I suppose I should be happy that you think I had a master plan for where I was going. To be honest, I didn’t really have such a plan. You implied it was started by someone opposed to those you support. I’ve seen tons of examples of the ‘so called’ ‘your side’ using it. I was just curious where you think it (i.e. ‘labeling as a tactic’) started. To be fair, one could always argue that it started in the Stone Ages or something - but let’s say within the modern USA political milieu, OK?

Posted on: 7/24 9:30 pm

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan

Posted on: 7/25 1:22 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
ZING!!!

Federal court rules that Constitutional Emolument Clause "includes profits from private transactions, even those involving services given at fair market value"

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/25/6323009 ... erests-allowed-to-proceed

Posted on: 7/25 1:59 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
The Trump-Michael Cohen tape transcript, annotated

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/th ... d/?utm_term=.c16d8750b698

Posted on: 7/25 2:01 pm

Gettin' Schmitty