We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Alt-Left Anti-Trump Bernie Sanders supporter opens fire on Republican baseball practice

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/james-h ... nman-identified-illinois/

James T. Hodgkinson has been identified as the shooter who opened fire on Republican members of Congress Wednesday morning at a baseball field in Alexandria, Virginia, the Washington Post reports.

Hodgkinson, 66, is from Belleville, Illinois, the newspaper reports. A motive for the shooting is not yet known, but Hodgkinson’s Facebook page shows someone who had a high interest in politics, who supported Bernie Sanders during the presidential election and expressed anger with President Donald Trump and Republican Congressmen.

“He was this union tradesman, pretty stocky, and we stayed up talking politics,” he told the Post. “He was more on the really progressive side of things.”

“Thieving Republican Congress Strikes Again!!!,” he wrote, while sharing a Matt Davies comic about Republicans.

He shared several cartoons in 2015, including one that was critical of Rep. Steve Scalise. He wrote, “Here’s a Republican that should Lose His Job, but they Gave Him a Raise.”

Hodgkinson was also the member of Facebook groups titled, “Terminate the Republican Party” and “The Road to Hell Is Paved With Republicans.”

The progressive "tolerant, peaceful, loving" leftists at work...

Posted on: 6/14 10:44 am

Re: Alt-Left Anti-Trump Bernie Sanders supporter opens fire on Republican baseball practice
Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:

Remember when Jared Lee Loughner, who followed some far-right batshit stuff, shot 20 people? Or the Colorado Planned Parenthood shooting? Or how about the Las Vegas couple in 2014 who killed three cops and had spoken of hatred for Obama? Dylann Roof?

People on the right do fucked up ****, too. This doesn't come down to individual politicians or parties; there are unhinged people on both sides of the spectrum.

It shows the state that this country is in. Instead of coming together, we have to rush to social media and point fingers. Anything that happens now is immediately turned into a "my side is better than your side."

Posted on: 6/14 11:34 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Alt-Left Anti-Trump Bernie Sanders supporter opens fire on Republican baseball practice
Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg,WV
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:

Remember when Jared Lee Loughner, who followed some far-right batshit stuff, shot 20 people? Or the Colorado Planned Parenthood shooting? Or how about the Las Vegas couple in 2014 who killed three cops and had spoken of hatred for Obama? Dylann Roof?

People on the right do fucked up ****, too. This doesn't come down to individual politicians or parties; there are unhinged people on both sides of the spectrum.

It shows the state that this country is in. Instead of coming together, we have to rush to social media and point fingers. Anything that happens now is immediately turned into a "my side is better than your side."

You are correct, both sides are equally despicable. However, the liberals have been fanning this flame since November and the rhetoric has become increasingly toxic. Liberals play the "our side is best" argument better than anyone so they are far from innocent in any of this.

I have resigned myself to the fact that I'll never see a useful and functional government again in my lifetime. As long as people keep voting for a Congress that they themselves give an approval rating below 20% and then, put up candidates like Clinton and Trump I have little hope things will get better.

Posted on: 6/14 2:25 pm

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/james-h ... nman-identified-illinois/

James T. Hodgkinson has been identified as the shooter who opened fire on Republican members of Congress Wednesday morning at a baseball field in Alexandria, Virginia, the Washington Post reports.

Hodgkinson, 66, is from Belleville, Illinois, the newspaper reports. A motive for the shooting is not yet known, but Hodgkinson’s Facebook page shows someone who had a high interest in politics, who supported Bernie Sanders during the presidential election and expressed anger with President Donald Trump and Republican Congressmen.

“He was this union tradesman, pretty stocky, and we stayed up talking politics,” he told the Post. “He was more on the really progressive side of things.”

“Thieving Republican Congress Strikes Again!!!,” he wrote, while sharing a Matt Davies comic about Republicans.

He shared several cartoons in 2015, including one that was critical of Rep. Steve Scalise. He wrote, “Here’s a Republican that should Lose His Job, but they Gave Him a Raise.”

Hodgkinson was also the member of Facebook groups titled, “Terminate the Republican Party” and “The Road to Hell Is Paved With Republicans.”

Really? This is your response to the shooting? What is wrong with you?

Posted on: 6/14 2:47 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
The shooter asked them if it was a republican or Democrat congressmen practice. And once he was told republican is when he started. That is 2 shootings by Bernie supporters in what, a week or so? Bernie also said recently he believes Christians should not be able to hold public office because their views are bugoted towards Muslims. Such a bigoted man.

I don't think the media is helping with all of this. You only see hate from the MSM. It is such a hateful society we live in now. People would rather be right with bloodshed than to be wrong with peace. Having differences is okay. I believe everybody can learn something from just about everyone. But the hateful rhetoric perpetuated by the MSM and anti-right "news" on late night televisions shows isn't helping and needs to stop.

While we all can disagree, we still need to put our differences aside to move forward.

Posted on: 6/14 5:29 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From M
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:

Neither the Colorado PP shooter or Dylan Roof were Republicans. Both of those have been debunked a zillion times over. You must watch CNN and MSNBC too much, obviously. Dylan Roof had a confederate flag on his facebook so uneducated liberals assume he's a republican and the MSM definitely spun it that way, but it was exposed to be fake news. The confederate flag is a democrat flag anyways, not a republican one. Always has been. All those statues democrats want to remove? They are all democrats... No we didnt magically switch sides in the 60's either lol...

This shooting just further proves that the democrat party is not the party of the working class normal person anymore. It's the party of the melodramatic and insane. Basically its the liberal progressive party now. The violent safe space harborers. Sheesh. The sad part about this shooting is that it is not a surprise at all. Many have seen something this blatant coming. I'm sure there will be more. There are already liberals on twitter praising this shooting and asking for more of them against republicans. You people need to wake up, because you're about to be on the wrong side of history.

Posted on: 6/14 7:20 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
The shooter asked them if it was a republican or Democrat congressmen practice. And once he was told republican is when he started. That is 2 shootings by Bernie supporters in what, a week or so? Bernie also said recently he believes Christians should not be able to hold public office because their views are bugoted towards Muslims. Such a bigoted man.

I don't think the media is helping with all of this. You only see hate from the MSM. It is such a hateful society we live in now. People would rather be right with bloodshed than to be wrong with peace. Having differences is okay. I believe everybody can learn something from just about everyone. But the hateful rhetoric perpetuated by the MSM and anti-right "news" on late night televisions shows isn't helping and needs to stop.

While we all can disagree, we still need to put our differences aside to move forward.

Christ. He didn't say that. Not even close.

Here lies another problem that influences people to be idiots: bullshit on the web. The only places to report something close to that are right wing websites. Bitch about the MSM but you are getting info from websites that tell you what you want to hear. That isn't news or accurate.

Posted on: 6/14 7:28 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around

Posted on: 6/14 9:25 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
It's sad that this happened. I'm glad no one other than the shooter was killed.

Posted on: 6/15 3:19 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
I ran across this video on YouTube. This guy drops the F Bomb quite a bit, but I his commentary is pretty well spot on. I don't know what the deal is with his shirt though.

[youtube=][/youtube]

Posted on: 6/15 4:37 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From M
Reality Winner. She is a Bernie supporter also. My nephew and one of his friends are Bernie freaks and have threatened their own parents over their parents not supporting Bernie. Bernie Sanders is most appealing to the lazy and crazy. As much as I hate to admit it, Wasserman and Hillary did us a favor by cheating Bernie out of the primary. Its really too bad they murdered Seth Rich, but suppressing Bernie may have been good for the world at this point.

The sad part is that its really time for regular people to fight back in a major way, but they wont because they have moral values. So they fight back in other ways, like giving Republicans the majority in house and senate, and of the presidency. Lots of prayer of course. Keep telling yourself that its Russia's fault though, lefties. In 4 years you wont have much of a party left if you dont change your ways. Its more than the violence too. Its the racism and demanding to be treated like babies that is also a huge turnoff. Mark Ruffalo --a white actor is calling for NBC to stop hiring white people --however, he hasnt stepped down from his job at all. Hmm. Thats not appealing to anyone who has the ability to think critically and in non-racist terms. He's just another melodramatic liberal trying to fit in with the rest of the ignorant virtue signalers.

Y'all are going to lose big. Get ready for it.

Posted on: 6/15 5:52 am

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Where was the outrage when Gabby Giffords was shot???????????

Posted on: 6/15 11:59 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
Can we please not act like this is a one sided escalation of violence?

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the second amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know."
- Donald J. Trump

"Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!"
-Senator Rand Paul

Are those statements acceptable?

When you present violence as an option to consider can you be really shocked when someone retaliates using it?

I suggest that if you guys want to promote unity and deescalate violence that you stop deluding yourselves with rage baiting journalism that tells you what to think in the headlines and learn to pull information, fact check it and form an evolving opinion. This means considering thoughts you might not like.

This isn't football where Pitt will always eat **** and WVU can do no wrong. We are all on the same team and some approaches from both sides are great for the country and others are terrible.

Our country works BECAUSE of and not in spite of that difference of opinion. If you can't admit you're wrong from time to time get the **** out of the conversation because you're the problem with this country.

Posted on: 6/15 12:10 pm

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Maybe we can take the first step by not demonizing and cannibalizing each other in here.

Posted on: 6/15 1:55 pm

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
OK!

Posted on: 6/15 1:58 pm

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Quote:

delispam wrote:
Can we please not act like this is a one sided escalation of violence?

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the second amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know."
- Donald J. Trump

"Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!"
-Senator Rand Paul

Are those statements acceptable?

Yes. Yes they are.

The Trump quote has been debated ad-nausem and, when used in the intent here, is being taken completely out of context. Do you know what a double entendre is? If not, educate yourself.

The Rand quote is simply the truth, or partial at least. A group of congressmen and staff practicing baseball at 7am hardly qualifies as the definition of tyranny.

Bulls4it like this is why reasonable people refuse to partake in "dialog" with you people. You aren't capable of rational thought.

A couple of my "liberal" FB friends commented on some of my posts about the shooting yesterday...and ya know what? We were able to have an honest discussion about it because we all acted like reasonable, rational adults with open minds and thoughtful responses. It was a great thing to be part of.

Posted on: 6/15 2:37 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From M
Quote:

Sandstone56 wrote:
Where was the outrage when Gabby Giffords was shot???????????

Gabby Giffords shooting was a completely different thing.

Here's why the left will own this and the ones that have yet to come, and will never get away from it and will definitely go down in history as one of the most fascist groups of people since Hitlers Nazi's:

Jesse Benn, a Huffpo writer just withing the last week wrote an article calling for violence to be brought out against Republicans. Some quotes
“There’s an inherent value in forestalling Trump’s normalization. Violent resistance accomplishes this.”

“They misunderstand the desired outcome from violent resistance and those protesting Trump in general. And third, they ignore the history of successful violent insurrection in the US, instead favoring the elementary school version of history in which nonviolence is the only means of struggle that’s ever achieved a thing.”

And here is his tweet in response to the shooting:
"Hahaha. As always, this one is my fault.

And for the record, **** #SteveScalise. https://twitter.com/jayinthepnw/status/875036238268510209 …"

Kathy Griffin
Open in new window

Shakespeare’s “Julius Caesar” in New York’s Central Park....Here is Fareek Zakaria praising it....
https://youtu.be/d_BkHvygDQ0

Honestly I could do this all day. How many reporters have had to apologize for trying to incite violence against Trump and/or his supporters? It's almost every day now. How many celebrities have mentioned violence as an answer for Trump? A whole bunch of them. Your people are not only "not" denouncing this violence and insanity, they are encouraging it and enjoying it. You cant call foul and ask to be taken easy on now. This has already gone too far, even before the shooting.

The democrat party is dying, and we are seeing the last bit of its evil outbursts coming out as it goes down. And its proving what conservatives have been saying for years right in front of the entire world. I know that must suck for democrats who believed their leaders were telling them the truth and were decent people, but its reality and its not over --more exposure will come out tenfold. I thought I was a democrat once too. The values I was raised on wouldn't allow me to stay with it though. I value life, liberty and freedom too much to be a real Dem so I had to move on. Since I did I have been treated like garbage by 'most' of the so-called friends I had who are liberals. Zero tolerance, minus zero open-mindedness. That must suck. Its on its way out though

Edit: I dont blame the 'body' of the democrat party. I blame their lying leaders and influencers.

Posted on: 6/15 2:46 pm

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
There went the rational discussion!

Posted on: 6/15 4:28 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
I've yet to read one post from a Liberal on here decrying the actions of this person, or even the actions of people like Cathy Griffin. Your silence is a statement.

My first step would have been to put down his ideology and distance myself from it, not point fingers back across the aisle in some form of justification. Perhaps when Liberals can keep from transferring blame, conservatives will be willing to find a middle ground. I don't disagree that ultimately we are all supposed to be on the same team. However at this point Liberal ideologies have created a culture of violence and intolerance. At some point you have to own it.

That being said, I will say that I don't believe that any of the active posters on the soapbox would act in a manner like this man has. I do believe that the people on here are far more reasonable than that.

Posted on: 6/15 6:43 pm

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
The ballot box is the right place to protest.

Posted on: 6/15 7:14 pm

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved