We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 22 »

Re: WVU Football 2018 Recruiting Thread
Suspected Punter
Seen where own porter from spring valley committed to Marshall not that its surprising. We just have an extremely hard time pulling kids from cabell county. I kinda think the writing was on the wall when the Ohio middle backer verbaled. But dammit I'm always saying this why haven't we offered Tavis Lee from Martinsburg? We offered his junior teammate Grantham which I like but damn dunno what the hold up is on this guy. I def don't want him to end up at Marshall. I hope he's not just a back up if we don't get stills. We need em both.

Posted on: 6/27/2017 5:36 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
From Chokie Burg
Quote:

FL77Mounty wrote:
Grier transfers in from Florida last year, and this year we get 2 transfers from Miami and one from Bama. I'd think potential recruits might take note of that, in a good way.

If Malik Zaire, the graduate transfer from ND fails at UF and they stumble offensively, and Grier is as successful as we're all hoping and praying he will be, I guarantee there will be whiny articles all across Gator country.

This would be awesome!

Posted on: 6/27/2017 9:07 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
WVU picked up a commitment from 3* wide receiver Bryce Wheaton.

From North Carolina (and grew up in Martinsburg), Wheaton also had offers from Louisville, Washington State, Syracuse, Missouri and ECU. He measures in at 6~3, 200 pounds and made a name for himself at some camps recently.

His family has deep ties to WVU: his grandfather is Garrett Ford Sr. His uncle is Garrett Ford Jr. Both his father and mother have degrees from WVU.

Rivals
HUDL

Love love love this commitment. He has all the tools to be a big time players for the Mountaineers.

Posted on: 6/28/2017 6:59 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Love the bloodlines.

Posted on: 6/28/2017 9:09 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
WVU has picked up a commitment from Texas receiver Ralph Davis.

The 6-foot, 170-pound receiver also had offers from Ole Miss and Colorado State. He is widely considered to be a 3* recruit. The kid seems to have good speed and hands and should be a good fit with the Mountaineer offense.

Davis has family ties to WVU – he is the cousin of Chris Henry.

HUDL
Rivals

Posted on: 6/29/2017 12:31 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
And WVU added a transfer for this season in Nate German. He played his first three seasons at Rice. The 6-2, 205-pound receiver had 536 receiving yards and three touchdowns (with some time at QB) during his career with the Owls. He will be here for one season.

Decent move by the coaches for some added depth at receiver.

German
Rice profile

EDIT:
Here are some highlights of him at Rice.

Posted on: 6/29/2017 2:21 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:
WVU has picked up a commitment from Texas receiver Ralph Davis.

The 6-foot, 170-pound receiver also had offers from Ole Miss and Colorado State. He is widely considered to be a 3* recruit. The kid seems to have good speed and hands and should be a good fit with the Mountaineer offense.

Davis has family ties to WVU – he is the cousin of Chris Henry.

HUDL
Rivals

Oh man I loved Chris Henry, he was such a beast of a receiver, if Ralph Davis can contribute like his cousin, he's going to be a monster at WVU. Shame what happened to Chris Henry though, him and Pacman were animals at WVU.

Posted on: 6/29/2017 2:36 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From the recruiting list of candidates, if they stick, life is gonna suck if you're not a Mountaineer.

Posted on: 6/29/2017 5:15 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Here is a bit of a recruiting update for two players to keep your eyes on:

- Wide receiver Sam James is set to announce his commitment on July 7 (Friday). He apparently wowed the coaches at camp last month. You can tell why by watching his highlights.. He is fast. Really fast. It is apparently down to WVU, Mississippi State and Cincinnati.

- Woodrow "Trey" Lowe is likely to make his commitment this month. He was at camp at WVU last month and seems to be the quarterback target of choice by the staff. He also has offers from UNC, Houston and Southern Miss. But it seems to be down to WVU and Illinois. His highlights remind me of Geno.

I am still waiting to see the staff get a few commitments from some offensive linemen. WVU is in good shape with guys like TJ Bradley, Oyenmwen Uzebu and Joshua Ezeudu. The staff just needs bring them home.

Posted on: 7/3/2017 8:39 am

Makin' it Rain
From Eastern WV
Can we also pick up that QB tossing it to Sam James?

Mr. Lowe throws a wobbly ball. Is this the best we can do? He reminds more of William Crest and we know how that turned out.

Posted on: 7/3/2017 5:29 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

BlueShark wrote:

Mr. Lowe throws a wobbly ball. Is this the best we can do? He reminds more of William Crest and we know how that turned out.

I do think Lowe has upside. But definitely needs some work.

If I had my choice, I would prefer the coaches go after Carter Bradley.

WVU has offered, and I am pretty sure Spav has visited him. Bradley also has offers from sPitt, Wisconsin, Louisville, USF, Rutgers, Cincinnati – all of which have quarterbacks committed already.

Bradley looks more polished at this point. He is also the son of current LA Chargersdefensive coordinator and Jacksonville head coach Guys Bradley, so he does have some bloodlines.

No matter who WVU gets, I think they will be fine. If all works to plan, they won't need to be starting regularly until 2020/2021.

Posted on: 7/5/2017 6:44 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:
Quote:

BlueShark wrote:

WVU has offered, and I am pretty sure Spav has visited him. Bradley also has offers from sPitt, Wisconsin, Louisville, USF, Rutgers, Cincinnati – all of which have quarterbacks committed already.

Bradley looks more polished at this point. He is also the son of current LA Chargersdefensive coordinator and Jacksonville head coach Guys Bradley, so he does have some bloodlines.

No matter who WVU gets, I think they will be fine. If all works to plan, they won't need to be starting regularly until 2020/2021.

Yup one of the perks of having Grier for two years, and possibly Allison for a couple after that, we have a couple of classes that we don't need a home-run hit on a QB recruit, though the more the merrier. I think if Grier succeeds in this offense, which he has all the tools to do so, maybe some QB's will start looking at Spav and Holgy more. Let's hope we get one that pans out.

Posted on: 7/5/2017 2:21 pm

Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Quote:

BlueShark wrote:

Logan Holgorsen should be ready by then

Posted on: 7/5/2017 5:16 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Eastern WV
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:

Bradly looks pretty good. He's a big kid with a strong arm. He stares down his receiver from the snap. I also didn't see him make any reads which he can work on. He kinda reminds me a Ben Roethlisberger. What do you think about his throwing motion?

Posted on: 7/5/2017 5:36 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

BlueShark wrote:
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:

Bradly looks pretty good. He's a big kid with a strong arm. He stares down his receiver from the snap. I also didn't see him make any reads which he can work on. He kinda reminds me a Ben Roethlisberger. What do you think about his throwing motion?

From all the videos I have seen, he looks solid. I love some of his quick releases. I wondered about his arm strength watching his junior highlights, but his spring 2017 highlights showed he can make the deep throws. He got a lot of hype going for being really accurate in some camps this summer.

Unfortunately a lot of coaches have started to notice him. A lot of SEC coaches have seen him live, and LSU, Georgia and South Carolina are showing interest.

Posted on: 7/5/2017 6:54 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Quote:

BlueShark wrote:

Now we're talking.

Open in new window

Posted on: 7/5/2017 6:55 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Eastern WV
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:
From all the videos I have seen, he looks solid. I love some of his quick releases. I wondered about his arm strength watching his junior highlights, but his spring 2017 highlights showed he can make the deep throws. He got a lot of hype going for being really accurate in some camps this summer.

Unfortunately a lot of coaches have started to notice him. A lot of SEC coaches have seen him live, and LSU, Georgia and South Carolina are showing interest.

Thanks. It's going to be tough getting a florida kid if the SEC is sniffing around. Man it would be nice to be neck deep in great recruits.

Posted on: 7/5/2017 8:31 pm

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Quote:

GONZOeer wrote:
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Quote:

BlueShark wrote:

Now we're talking.

Open in new window

Actually, he don't look half bad...he's only 6'0" as of now though.

Posted on: 7/6/2017 8:20 am

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
The 2019 West Virginia in-state quarterback class is pretty decent:
- Logan Holgorsen
- Grant Wells
- Kerry Martin

Posted on: 7/6/2017 10:26 am

Suspected Punter
From Liverpool, PA
Does anyone know if Logan has any scholarship offers yet? For a sophomore he throws a nice ball.

Posted on: 7/6/2017 11:51 am

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 22 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved