We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 53 54 55 (56) 57 58 59 »

Re: the nascar thread

From Alkol, Lincoln County
i saw the replay.. wished i didn't. those cars need some sort of windshield just for occasions like this. i know there are reasons that they haven't put them on.. but i've never understood why they couldn't put just something simple-but strong on the cars.

Posted on: 8/25/2015 5:54 am

this southern 500 race is okay. i like the retro/throwback paintschemes. i just wish they would all have had a central theme.. like go with a decade or certain part of a decade. mark martin's 2000 colors/cale yarborough's early 80's/richard petty's 72 colors..

Posted on: 9/6/2015 10:31 pm

the first 3 races of the 'playoffs'(even though it's technically raceoffs), jimmie johnson is eliminated.. again. jamie mcmurray loses on a tiebreaker to dale jr, paul menard, and clint bowyer are also eliminated. kevin harvick won the last race to keep him alive, kyle busch finished 1 point ahead of jr to keep himself alive.

at this point, there are no favorites. last year, it was clear harvick, kes, jr, jimmie, and logano were the tops.. this year, not so much.

Posted on: 10/6/2015 2:57 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Pruntytown, WV
Open in new window

Posted on: 10/9/2015 6:37 pm

"I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

the race for saturday night was postponed til sunday thanks to rain. the race was going to be on nbc instead of nbcsn. not anymore. there goes the tv ratings.. like they were going to get any, anyway.

Posted on: 10/11/2015 12:21 am

nascar not only shat the bed, they had unstoppable diarrhea in it in the end of the race today. they had this great idea to have only 1 green-white-checker today, they announced this on tuesday.

i knew they were asking for trouble. and they got it before they even took the green flag for the GWC.

joey logano was holding back coming to the green to try and get a jump on dale jr. this is also a shoddy nascar rule with its stupid restart zone rules. but anyway, joey was going so slow he spun his tires when tried to get going and jeff gordon jacked up his rear end.. this caused the field behind them to get jacked up and boom, wreck before they even took the green on that restart. meanwhile, this entire time, kevin harvick's engine is blowing or has a transmission going bad.. something like that, anyway.

so here comes the second restart. kevin harvick doesn't get going, so he veers right. the 6 car is passing him. --at this point it's up for debate on his motives-- but kevin contacts the 6, spinning him into other cars and the big wreck happens at a whopping 70 mph at the start-finish line. no other restart will happen, thanks to nascar's new rule. joey logano and dale jr are side by side for the lead going into turn 1, the yellow comes out, race over.

now here comes the fun. the first time nascar took about 1 second after the wreck happend to throw the caution flag, the second time it took them about 10 seconds it seemed.

hmm, wonder why? oh, that's right. nascar playing god with the caution flag again. as if it wasn't already scrutinized enough with the phantom debris cautions, they do this.. again. but it's normal for nascar to be blind to wrecks and not throwing yellows at daytona and talladega on the last laps. this is at least the third time dale jr has been bitten by nascar's "discretionary" flags at superspeedways.

so why. why not introduce a new back stretch finish line, or something that isn't so obvious they're just making up rules for whoever they want. i mean, they're probably thinking 'oh look at the headlines, joey logano won all 3 round 2 races!'... no. no one saw it because it's on football filled sunday, and it's on NBCSN, not nbc.

i hope all nascar fans are as aggravated as i am about this. because as much as jr gets hated on by everyone, he always seems to be on the bad end of nascar's caution flags at talladega and daytona.

Posted on: 10/25/2015 7:02 pm

Pitt Hater
From Chokie Burg
This is one reason I stopped watching NASCRAP. This whole chase thing is a joke anyways.

Posted on: 10/25/2015 8:02 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
N.ap A.s S.oon C.ars A.re R.acing

Restrictor plates is not racing.

Posted on: 10/25/2015 9:18 pm

Here for the Beer
From Abingdon, VA
Dale Jr wins, the seats fill up. Simple as that. Not saying anything about NASCAR cheating for any driver (Except Cryle Busch. You cant tell me he was that good to make the chase, but then fissle out like he has now, struggling to even finish in the top 5), but if Jr was to win a bunch of races, and a championship, I think the NASCAR economy would increase.

Dale Jr won at Martinsville last year. I was there. I'm going again this year.

Posted on: 10/27/2015 6:17 am

dale jr just won the rain-shortened race at phoenix, the first time he's ever been 'that lucky'.

if nascar would've thrown the last yellow flag at talladega 1 second later, dale jr would've been racing for the championship next weekend. he had top 5 finishes the last 2 races, so it wasn't a fluke.

also, dale jr won the first race after 9-11-01.. and won the first race after the attacks in paris.

Posted on: 11/15/2015 11:49 pm

Pitt Hater
From Parkersburg,WV
It's about god damn time. To bad it didn't knock that donkey faced Kyle Busch out of the chase. He should have never been in it to start with.

Posted on: 11/16/2015 7:57 am

i agree. if kyle busch wins it, you'll see a lot of drivers put an injury out of nowhere. they'll miss the spring talladega race or road course, maybe daytona in july. it shouldn't be rewarded that he was trying to steal a win in a secondary series and he's now a finish better than harvick-who probably deserves it more, gordon and truex.

Posted on: 11/16/2015 12:32 pm

Pitt Hater
From Killadelphia
Was actually looking forward to todays race, was going to be the first race I watched in it's entirety in probably 8 years, but looks like it's absolutely pouring down rain. Oh well, hopefully they get going today cause I'd love to see Gordon end his career by winning a championship.

Posted on: 11/22/2015 3:17 pm

they just did the anthem, so they might have a race today. there's a caution scheduled at lap 25 'for goodyear and teams to check tires'/aka gives nascar a bogus reason to schedule a caution.

Posted on: 11/22/2015 4:26 pm

mark my words, if kyle busch wins the championship, drivers won't run full seasons ever again, and the fans will leave nascar because of it.

and tada! mystery debris caution with 10 to go. nascar is just like the wwe anymore.

Posted on: 11/22/2015 7:43 pm

Pitt Hater
From Athens GA
How the **** do you miss a third of the season and win a championship? What a complete clown show.

Posted on: 11/22/2015 8:57 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
So how do you choose a favorite driver? Is it the car brand, the driver ability to turn left for several hundred miles?

Posted on: 11/22/2015 9:14 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
Quote:

msaul37 wrote:
mark my words, if kyle busch wins the championship, drivers won't run full seasons ever again, and the fans will leave nascar because of it.

and tada! mystery debris caution with 10 to go. nascar is just like the wwe anymore.

Bingo! What a joke of an organization.

Posted on: 11/22/2015 9:30 pm

speedweeks has unofficially started at daytona, the 24 hour race starts at 2. i usually watch a little bit of it, first time daytona has been open since the 'daytona rising' grandstand seating reduction remodel.

Posted on: 1/30/2016 1:19 pm

the season starts today, as practice for the busch clash/bud shootout/sprint showdown is this evening.

tony stewart will miss a lot of time in his 'last' season, he hurt his back in an off-road vehicle mishap. brian vickers and ty dillon will replace him.

the cup series now has 'charters', that basically guarantees 36 spots to every owner that has one.. the field for the cup series shrinks down to 40 cars, from 43.. this charter system is performance based, and teams should be able to make more of a profit.

the green/white/checker rules are now out the window. the new rules say that once the field reaches a certain 'mark' on the track on the last lap, the race is official. there could be infinity restarts, or 1 at the end of the race. this new rule is hard to understand, but it looks like it's to deter what kevin harvick did last fall at talladega and start 2 wrecks before the field got to the green flag to keep his chase spot. in theory, this is a good rule, as there won't be a 'grey' area in where/when nascar throws cautions at the end of the race.

Posted on: 2/12/2016 1:02 pm

« 1 ... 53 54 55 (56) 57 58 59 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved