We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 »

Re: WVU Football 2018 Recruiting Thread
Noob
The 2018 class is filling up fast. By my count, if Hardy and Isreal (the last two 2017 signees still not yet on campus) arrive, WVU will have 67 scholarship players in 2017 eligible to return for the 2018 season. Not allowing for attrition (and there will likely be some), that only leaves 18 scholarships for 2018 recruits. Rogers was number 12. That means there are six slots left as of now.

Who will fill those six slots?

Stills obviously has a slot should he decide to commit.

So does Aliquippa's Kwantel Raines I would think.

WVU needs a couple of OL recruits, preferably tackles, as they lost both Angus and Lazard there.

Another CB would be on the radar, I would think, since we lose Battle, Daniels, and Winfield after this season.

That's 5, best case scenario. Will the staff save a couple of slots for transfers as they have the past few years?

The 2018 recruiting season may be quickly winding down. Thoughts??

Posted on: 7/22 10:06 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Grant Ave. Warrior
Kolton is for the 2019 class.

Posted on: 7/23 8:49 am

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

professeer wrote:
The 2018 class is filling up fast. By my count, if Hardy and Isreal (the last two 2017 signees still not yet on campus) arrive, WVU will have 67 scholarship players in 2017 eligible to return for the 2018 season. Not allowing for attrition (and there will likely be some), that only leaves 18 scholarships for 2018 recruits. Rogers was number 12. That means there are six slots left as of now.

Who will fill those six slots?

Stills obviously has a slot should he decide to commit.

So does Aliquippa's Kwantel Raines I would think.

WVU needs a couple of OL recruits, preferably tackles, as they lost both Angus and Lazard there.

Another CB would be on the radar, I would think, since we lose Battle, Daniels, and Winfield after this season.

That's 5, best case scenario. Will the staff save a couple of slots for transfers as they have the past few years?

The 2018 recruiting season may be quickly winding down. Thoughts??

Stills has a spot no matter what. Raines would be a great pickup but I think he stays at home for sPitt.

OL has to be a major target for remaining spots. The mostly likely prospects are TJ Bradley (JUCO), Oyenmwen Uzebu, Joshua Ezeudu and Briason Mays. There are a few other JUCOs being considered as Wickline still.

Outside of that, who knows. Seider is trying to get Leddie Brown to flip to Florida. If he succeeds, that could open a spot for a transfer. A few Bama guys (running back and defensive back) recently transferred so I am sure Belk is on them.

Posted on: 7/23 12:12 pm

Pitt Hater
From Atlanta, GA
We will be losing people to early graduation too. Dravon and Kyzir are both leaving. Wouldn't surprise me if will had a great year he leaves too. Karan is another potential early exit, with a decent year.

Time will tell but the point is that there will be more spots.

Posted on: 7/23 3:06 pm

Noob
Both of the Whites exhaust their eligibility this fall. Dravon might leave early (he is eligible to return for 2018) if he has a good year and a good NFL scouting report, which he should. Grier may be one-and-done with a big year. That would open up two recruiting spots, and maybe those two could be the leverage for transfers.

I also find it interesting that this class will have fewer JUCOs and transfers in it. All 12 verbals so far have been high schoolers with a good chance for 3-6 more high schoolers when all said and done. There are only a couple of JUCO guys with mutual interest right now, but to be fair, the JUCO recruting season is early in the game.

Posted on: 7/23 9:04 pm

Suspected Punter
Hopefully only one of the linebackers they offered. In a dream scenario, you'd get Zakoby, the Florida kid miller?, and the other Ohio kid then pull the offer from the LB we have committed now. But that's not going to happen. So I'm just hoping for Zakoby or miller. But I want the third one for Tavis Lee. It sucks this is a small class. And other year he'd be offered. Only played ball for three years, the dudes a freak. I don't care what position he play but I know they don't think he can gain enough weight to play DE. He doesn't have to play every damn snap but he could easily get to 245-250 and would be a terror of the edge. Yes I want him cause he's instate but he also def deserves it. They obviously kind him, he's been there half a dozen times but I'm sure they told him he's fourth or so inline. I would pull poolers ship right now. Look at him and it's a joke. They took him out of desperation last year for emergency depth. Get rid of him! The only LB I'd want outside than him is Zacoby. He is on another level. 2019 also a big year instate. Should be atleast five guys we should offer. Stills, Zacoby, a couple o lineman, the LEE. LETS GET IT!!!

Posted on: 7/29 2:39 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
From The Smoking Musket:

The Mountaineers just gained their 13th commitment of the 2018 class and he is a massive lineman who was just named to the Georgia 6A All-State team. Oyenmwen “Junior” Uzebu announced his commitment on Twitter. Junior, who calls himself the Nigerian Nightmare, will be a nightmare for Big 12 defenders.

https://www.smokingmusket.com/2017/7/3 ... u-commits-to-mountaineers

Posted on: 7/30 12:22 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Awesome

Posted on: 7/30 1:42 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Ecuador, 2 Degrees South
I think I'll just call him "Pancake".

Posted on: 7/30 4:07 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior

Posted on: 7/30 4:11 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
Quote:

92WVUGrad wrote:
New OL commit

Quote:
Rivals’ Keenan Cummings’ analysis

Mays plays a very violent style of game as he plays with a controlled mean streak, which means he isn’t afraid to get nasty but stay in the legal limits of the game. Mays displays great lateral movement to go along with solid quickness for a prospect of his size.

That's what I like to hear about our linemen.

Posted on: 7/30 4:59 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Agreed. Would have been nice against Miami.

Posted on: 7/30 7:47 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Finally a recruiting class where we can be excited about the offensive linemen.

Posted on: 7/31 7:21 am

Noob
It's been a busy week with recruiting and starting fall camp. WVU right now has 65 scholarship players in camp eligible to return for 2018 (Added Isreal, subtracted M. Wolfley). Hardy is supposed to arrive mid-August, which will push the total to 66, which means there are 19 open slots for 2018.

With Uzebu and Mays coming aboard via verbal commitments, the commit list is at 14, which means that there are five slots left. Again, there may be attrition down the road that we can't forsee, but who gets the five slots?

1. Dante Stills

2. Blaine Scott or Joshua Ezeudu

3. Kwantel Raines, though he may stay home at Pitt

4. a CB???? (Cooke from Bluefield and the JUCO Webb seem to be the most interested if they go with a CB)

5. a LB???? (Asamoah is interested, McClain looks like SEC material, but one of last year's numerous safeties could be beefing up to LB, a la Dylan Tonkery)

Ezeudu has not been to campus and the staff won't take a commit without a visit (which I think is very smart, btw).

There are also a handful of players really interested in WVU who do not fit neatly into the above slots. The Tenuta kid from Va, TJ Banks from Pa, and the big receiver Taylor from Ohio all are very interested and are intriguing prospects (big bodies, varied skill sets). We shall see. Thoughts??

Posted on: 7/31 10:25 am

Party Machine
I never do well with guessing about who ends up where recruitment wise, but I can say that with the commitments we have in this class so far, I'm pretty excited for the future. I think we're building something special, especially with the staff's track record of development and sending guys to the NFL.

Posted on: 7/31 3:06 pm

Noob
Well, it looks like another spot has opened up on the roster. Jahshaun Seider is no longer on the team. With his departure and the recruit pledges, that leaves six slots to fill.

Maybe that will allow for two more offensive linemen to commit. Right now Scott, Ezeudu, and Tenuta seem to be the leading candidates. Let's hope they are able to get two of them.

Posted on: 8/1 8:09 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Dunedin FL
Not really surprised he's gone, figured when his brother went, he'd go. Haven't really heard his name mentioned in 2-deep discussions.

Posted on: 8/1 9:18 pm

Suspected Punter
Two more olinemen. Hopefully Fenuta or however it's spelled and only one of the guards. Preferably the one who was committed to OleMiss. Webb at corner. I would of much rather had Crawford than Leddie Brown but he verballed to OU. Don't know how hard we were recruiting him as a rb anyway since we promised brown we wouldn't take anymore. It's still incredibly early. Get wr Taylor then Stills and Tavis Lee. Obviously you'd tell someone to go home if Raines was to commit. Hope Stills signs and enrolled early but would he leave early, instead of going for a third straight ball title? Hope so lol. It'd be nice to get one of the big three qb's to walk on but I doubt that

Posted on: 8/3 11:34 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Baltimore (MD) St. Frances Academy wide receiver Randy Fields has committed to West Virginia. The three-star prospect committed to the Mountaineers over offers from Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and more.

Posted on: 8/6 3:23 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

92WVUGrad wrote:
Baltimore (MD) St. Frances Academy wide receiver Randy Fields has committed to West Virginia. The three-star prospect committed to the Mountaineers over offers from Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and more.

So a guy from the same school Leddie Brown is at and the same school Logan Holgorsen is set to go to. Very interesting.

Posted on: 8/6 5:13 pm

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved