We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 »

Re: OFFICIAL WVU VS OU BBALL GAMEDAY THREAD!!!!!
Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Really nice game by Sags! From what I have seen Allen is as good or better than Young. If Ahmad helps us improve we will be a beast.

Posted on: 1/6 9:49 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Who said earlier that we are way over rated?

Posted on: 1/6 9:49 pm

Party Machine
From Northern WV
Az State Lost, Xavier lost, and Duke is in a shootout with NC State. We could be top 3 in the next rankings.

Posted on: 1/6 9:50 pm

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
Quote:

eers_fan wrote:
I agree with a lot of what was said about Young and his whining/complaining to get calls...but he did begin to get the calls and got his points. The kid is VERY quick and is a lights-out shooter. We are gonna be great but I don't look forward to playing OU with that kids in 3 years. Let's hope he buys into the ESPN hype train and is gone after next year.

Bro, we might play against him one more time, ever. He is a lottery pick.

Posted on: 1/6 9:51 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Fairmont
Big man I thought was the difference. He has really improved.

I said earlier this is Huggs best team

Posted on: 1/6 9:52 pm

Pitt Hater
From Southwest VA ... via Pleasants County, USA
Even Bender stepped up tonight. Konate keeps getting better. And Teddy Allen--wow. I hope we get to keep him for four years. I am really excited for what the next few years will bring us. This is as deep as I can remember us being in skill players, and this is BEFORE we get Ahmad back.

Posted on: 1/6 9:53 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Right, he's gone, he's projected as third pick right now. You'd be a fool to stay another year, with a chance for $10 million plus.

Posted on: 1/6 9:53 pm

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
Lamont West has IMO quietly been huge, and Sags is right behind him in terms of guys nobody is really talking about. Without the play of those two recently WVU might have dropped one or two. I just can't get over how deep this team is and how lucky we all are that this team has so many options to help them win.

Posted on: 1/6 9:57 pm

RadioShark wrote:
This game has been so thisisridic!

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Ok now I am a believer.
I really had my doubts, waiting for the other shoe to drop. I figured for sure that tonight would be the night that our win streak was broken. I have seen it happen too many times on both the BB and the FB side. We get some love from the country and the media, and that's when we crash and burn. Not tonight!

This game really caused me to believe for several reasons, not just the double digit win.

But, the fact that we won handily without Carter for so much of the game. Yes, there was that period of time during the first half when we were neck and neck, and then the short comeback for OK during the second half, but we ended the first half strong, and more importantly, spent most of the second half in control of the game. I believe that, gives our team confidence as well. When your main guy is not there, and you still manhandle your opponent like that. But lets not forget that more than just Carter was in foul trouble.

The other thing that this shows me is that even when their "big man" has a huge impact, Hugs can still game plan around that. I mean, we should not overlook that fact that Young had 29 points! Are you kidding me? If I would have awakened tomorrow morning and read a headline that Young scored 29 points against WVU, I would figure that we lost. Add in that Carter was on the bench for nearly half the game? Add in that (wasn't it three?) of our guys had 4 fouls. I would have said that we lost for sure.

I have got to believe that the rest of the team, not only learned how to win without Carter, but the fact that they CAN win without Carter.

Oh yeah, and we get Ahmad back after next game.

This game was a showcase of the two best teams from 2018's best conference going at each other.

I am fully on the bandwagon.

Posted on: 1/6 10:00 pm

From Alkol, Lincoln County
i think young had a nice nba-range 3 point shot, but that's it. oh, and good acting. and whining.

Posted on: 1/6 10:01 pm

Pitt Hater
From austin, tx
Quote:

jjmwvu wrote:
I'm pretty impressed with Konate in this game. He really delivered tonight.

He did extraordinarily well. He's really developed since the start of last year, especially on the offensive end -- 5-10 FG, 6-6 FT. He has a jump shot away from the basket. Also, he had 0 turnovers, only 2 personal fouls, and played for 33 minutes. Earlier this year, he wasn't in very long because of foul trouble.

I don't think Bender's very good, but it won't matter much if Konate can play 30 minutes a game. Also, perhaps Ahmad can play some center.

Posted on: 1/6 10:13 pm

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
Teddy Allen scored 20 points on 9 for 11 from the field with only 2 from the foul line. When you're talking about top Freshman, I'll take Teddy Allen over Trae Young who needed 13 foul shots to get his.

Posted on: 1/6 10:18 pm

RadioShark wrote:
This game has been so thisisridic!

Here for the Beer
From Aberdeen, NC
Quote:

msaul37 wrote:
i think young had a nice nba-range 3 point shot, but that's it. oh, and good acting. and whining.

So, he's a less accurate, non-defensive crying bitch on the level of Lebron without his size or skill. I'm sure he'll do great.

Posted on: 1/6 10:20 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
and one more thing....Oklahoma WAS the nation's top scoring team. Not the Big 12's top, but the nation's top scoring team.

So even when the top scorer on the nation's top scoring team gets 29 points, more than anyone else on the floor that night, we win. That is HUGE!

I think the key to our success may be our balance. I believe that if there was a way to measure this, that we have the nation's best balanced team. We had 4 guys with 16 points or more.

Our guys have become masters at sharing the ball, and playing what the media has been calling "small ball. " I wondered what the hell they meant when I heard that phrase, I guess that's it.

I think it is a mistake to think of Oklahoma as Young, and then everybody else. They were the nation's top scoring team before tonight. You do not get that honor by only leaning on one guy. Honestly, with 29 points, I would say that we did not really neutralize Young. Too many guys on here are dissing Young like somehow his points do not count. I do not care where his points came from, whether on the line, or a few great 3 pointers. It does not matter. He got TWENTY-NINE Effing POINTS! We double teamed him most of the night and he still got nearly half his team's total. His points still count regardless of how he got them. So we did not take him out of the game by any means. What we did was neutralized everybody else so that they HAD to rely on him. Nobody else on that team came close to Young's scoring. One of their guys (cant remember who) had 12 points, and I think pretty much everyone else was mostly single digits.

Posted on: 1/6 10:22 pm

Here for the Beer
From Aberdeen, NC
Quote:

thisisridic wrote:
Teddy Allen scored 20 points on 9 for 11 from the field with only 2 from the foul line. When you're talking about top Freshman, I'll take Teddy Allen over Trae Young who needed 13 foul shots to get his.

Spot on. I can't imagine his lack of competitiveness being attractive. I mean, how do you just watch your man drive the basket to protect your scoring. OU won't make it past 1st round NCAA.

Posted on: 1/6 10:23 pm

Pitt Hater
From Richmond, Va
Quote:

GaryC wrote:
Quote:

msaul37 wrote:

So, he's a less accurate, non-defensive crying bitch on the level of Lebron without his size or skill. I'm sure he'll do great.

I'm not even sure we should be that impressed with his 3 for 12 3 pt shooting tonight. Sure, those prayers he throws up look nice when they drop, but really all he is doing is throwing up low percentage shots and hoping they fall.

He laid up more bricks tonight than someone building a house.

Posted on: 1/6 10:24 pm

Makin' it Rain
Quote:

1642 wrote:
Big man I thought was the difference. He has really improved.

I said earlier this is Huggs best team

Yeah, I think you're right.

If West and Allen can continue to provide all those points off the bench and the rest of the team can step up when guys like Carter or Miles are in foul trouble then we will be a very difficult team to beat.

And I didn't want to put the cart before the horse this early in the season but the way things are going this team could be as good, if not better, than the 2010 team. We don't have a Da'Sean Butler (although Carter is a better defender) but, from top to bottom, this feels like a better team.

Posted on: 1/6 10:33 pm

Here for the Beer
From Aberdeen, NC
Quote:

thisisridic wrote:
Quote:

GaryC wrote:
Quote:

msaul37 wrote:

So, he's a less accurate, non-defensive crying bitch on the level of Lebron without his size or skill. I'm ooting tonight. Sure, those prayers he throws up look nice when they drop, but really all

He laid up more bricks tonight than someone building a house.

He is obviously special, but young. In 4 years he would dominate. His wild 3point efforts kept this from being a barn burner

Posted on: 1/6 10:35 pm

Makin' it Rain
Quote:

msaul37 wrote:

He's a freshman. Rafferty was correct in saying this game will be a good lesson for him in how to handle adversity (i.e. having to deal with a defender like Carter). That kid will probably play one more year and will be a lottery pick in the draft. He and Oklahoma overall are the real deal.

Posted on: 1/6 10:35 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Quote:

GaryC wrote:
Quote:

msaul37 wrote:

Are you guys saying somehow that either of you wouldn't give his left testie to have him on our team? Come on. The guy is a great player. The top scorer on the nation's top scoring team. And he scored 29 points. And in basketball, all 29 points counted regardless of how he got them.

Let's not dis Young like somehow he didn't count tonight. Like somehow he never made it to Morgantown and didn't play. He scored more than anyone else on the court, and yet we still won, and won BIG!

We neutralized everyone else on their team, so that they were reduced from the Oklahoma Sooners to the Oklahoma Trae Youngs.

Posted on: 1/6 10:39 pm

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved