We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: Alt-Left Anti-Trump Bernie Sanders supporter opens fire on Republican baseball practice
Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Sandstone56 wrote:
There went the rational discussion!

Translation: "I have no viable argument to dispute these facts."

Posted on: 6/15 7:15 pm

Re: Alt-Left Anti-Trump Bernie Sanders supporter opens fire on Republican baseball practice
Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Sandstone56 wrote:
The ballot box is the right place to protest.

I agree, but when we did we were labeled homophobic, xenaphobic, facists, racists, and Nazis.

Posted on: 6/15 7:39 pm

Pitt Hater
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Sandstone56 wrote:
The ballot box is the right place to protest.

I agree, but when we did we were labeled homophobic, xenaphobic, facists, racists, and Nazis.

In your face - progressives

Posted on: 6/16 8:56 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
Notice-The Republicans and Democrats played a civilized game of baseball together last night and raised $1 million for various charities. The first ball was thrown out by one of the capitol policeman who shot the rifleman and was wounded himself.

Posted on: 6/16 9:01 am

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

EERY wrote:
I've yet to read one post from a Liberal on here decrying the actions of this person, or even the actions of people like Cathy Griffin. Your silence is a statement.

My first step would have been to put down his ideology and distance myself from it, not point fingers back across the aisle in some form of justification. Perhaps when Liberals can keep from transferring blame, conservatives will be willing to find a middle ground. I don't disagree that ultimately we are all supposed to be on the same team. However at this point Liberal ideologies have created a culture of violence and intolerance. At some point you have to own it.

That being said, I will say that I don't believe that any of the active posters on the soapbox would act in a manner like this man has. I do believe that the people on here are far more reasonable than that.

Perhaps a good place to start on the road to civility is to stop blaming an entire group of people based on the actions of individuals. Liberal ideology did not cause this crime. Right wing ideology did not cause hate crimes. It is hard to believe that someone can post this when the president is inciting violence at Republican rallies.

Posted on: 6/16 9:17 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Alas the circle continues. Shall we never learn?

Posted on: 6/16 10:12 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
I've yet to read one post from a Liberal on here decrying the actions of this person, or even the actions of people like Cathy Griffin. Your silence is a statement.

My first step would have been to put down his ideology and distance myself from it, not point fingers back across the aisle in some form of justification. Perhaps when Liberals can keep from transferring blame, conservatives will be willing to find a middle ground. I don't disagree that ultimately we are all supposed to be on the same team. However at this point Liberal ideologies have created a culture of violence and intolerance. At some point you have to own it.

That being said, I will say that I don't believe that any of the active posters on the soapbox would act in a manner like this man has. I do believe that the people on here are far more reasonable than that.

Perhaps a good place to start on the road to civility is to stop blaming an entire group of people based on the actions of individuals. Liberal ideology did not cause this crime. Right wing ideology did not cause hate crimes. It is hard to believe that someone can post this when the president is inciting violence at Republican rallies.

More fake news by eers, which isnt a shock.
I didn't see a republican holding a fake severed head of Obama like Kathy Griffin did with Trump. I never saw a republican saying to fight democrats in the streets such as Tim Kaine did

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vide ... t_outside_the_bubble.html

Or remember when democrat Loretta Lynch said there should be more blood and death?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9bquunDh1Y

Or how about Snoop Dogg assassinating a clown Trump in his video and Madonna saying she wants to blow the white house up in her speach.

http://www.newsweek.com/snoop-dogg-vi ... tgood-donald-trump-567522

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOijIEH2d0A

Or how about CNN and Time Warner having a 'nightly assassination' of Trump.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/17252/p ... rumps-nightly-john-nolte#

Or how about liberal David Harbour calling for political violence against republicans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuaBgjHiwQA

Or liberal David Simon calling to pick up bricks?

https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/874415381615706114

Or democratic congresswoman calling the Berkeley riots a beautiful sight?

http://freebeacon.com/issues/dem-rep- ... riots-berkeley-beautiful/

Trump literally never incited any riots. However, there is video evidence that Hillary Clinton and the DNC were inciting violence at Trump rallies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuJGHuIkzY

Posted on: 6/16 4:50 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
I'm not denying that there has been line crossing from the left. I'm not posting the following because I want to throw them in your faces. I am posting them because it happened and ya'll need to quit denying it. This is a problem on both ends. I didn't talk **** about the Portland Train stabbing because I'm sick of this "your side did it first" bullshit.

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window
Open in new window

It doesn't matter who started it. This needs to stop. I will not be politicizing violence, claiming some sort of moral superiority and demonizing the right if some loonie kills a bunch of people wearing a MAGA hat. Is it really that hard to expect the same respect in turn?

If you can't muster that much respect for people with differing views you have nothing to contribute to the conversation and you are a shitty American.

Posted on: 6/16 8:18 pm

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Apologies I don't have 27 links handy at the moment, but do you remember when DT said he could publicly shoot someone on 5th Avenue & not lose supporters? Clearly a proud moment for our country.

Posted on: 6/16 9:53 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
So we should just ignore the abundant calls for violence in light of violence that ensues? That makes no sense.

I am not trying to hold any of you personally responsible for the activities of this past week.

However there is nothing wrong with calling for accountability for the unreasonable actions and contempt that has flowed from the left over the past 8 months.

We are at a volatile point in our nation. Tensions are high on all sides. Still I'm not going to back down and let the left run roughshod over me. That is exactly what will happen if the right stands silent. We stood up to what was going on. We fought back politically and won. Then the left lost their sh** and the last 8 months has been a big baby fit tantrum.

Would this guy have shot up the ball field had Hillary been the President? I highly doubt it. We endured a lot of things under Obama, and all you got was some distasteful bumper stickers and off handed remarks, and we are supposed to be the unstable gunslingers in the country. Give me a break.

Oh and by the way the Portland Stabber was a Bernie Sanders, Jill Stein guy. Look it up.

And you are taking the Trump comment out of context. It was supposed to be a joke about his popularity. Totally a face palm moment, but definitely not a call to violence.

Posted on: 6/17 12:31 am

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Any reasonable person will stipulate that the left's reaction to Trump's nomination has been totally unhinged. It's way beyond the handful of racists asshats that opposed Obama based on his race. Those who oppose Obama's policies never resorted to this type of horseshit.

From violence at Trump rallies, Kathy Gifford, the never ending "leaks" which I believe are mostly fabricated lies made up whole cloth by the MSM, and now this shooting, it's all gone way too far.

Can you imagine the outrage if there was a play showing the brutal killing of Obama? It would have been shutdown immediately.

The left can't accept that someone who opposes almost everything Obama did policy wise actually won and is actually systematically taking apart Obama's legacy, by doing what he campaigned on. Look Trump says stupid stuff and in many ways brings stuff on himself with his big effing mouth. But let's be clear, the left is using his hyperbole as thin cover to go batshit crazy. Any other republican that was carrying out these policies would get the same treatment, don't doubt that for one second. It's the way they role, and much of it is planned and orchestrated by Soros and the MSM. Not saying the shooting, but a lot of the so called resistance is.

Posted on: 6/17 7:50 am

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
NO NO No.

Posted on: 6/17 8:50 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
The Portland stabber WAS a Bernie guy but had moved into white-nationalism and Trump support. But he is crazy, an extremist. To me that supersedes his political affiliation.

---
There was an Obama murdering version of Julius Caesar.

There was likely a GW Bush version as well.

I don't have much of a problem with people voicing their opinions with violent language. I have a major problem with people acting on it. And it's both sides.

I don't think it's unfair to assume that had Clinton won that there would be violence by crazy right leaning people.

Here's a paper about right wing terrorism that claims that right wing terrorism is a bigger threat than ISIS.

But here's an article from left leaning site that also says left wing extremism is also becoming a threat.

You guys on the right are more aware of the left threat because you've absorbed it from your media. I find myself from time to time on left wing sites that are guilty of the same things but I've learned not to take them as fact or include them in political thinking. I kind of file them in my brain as "needs validation from less left wing sources" before I use them as talking points.

These sites from both sides thrive on pushing fear and validation. If you can make everything seem like life or death then it puts people into fight or flight response so they stop thinking about things like the economy. It causes us to think in short term, when most of our problems require a long term solution.

--

I don't give a **** about what Obama accomplished. I do care that I have affordable healthcare, no matter who's name is associated with it, I care that the government stays out of the bedroom and people's places of worship.

Posted on: 6/17 9:56 am

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

83Grad wrote:
Any reasonable person will stipulate that the left's reaction to Trump's nomination has been totally unhinged. It's way beyond the handful of racists asshats that opposed Obama based on his race. Those who oppose Obama's policies never resorted to this type of horseshit.

From violence at Trump rallies, Kathy Gifford, the never ending "leaks" which I believe are mostly fabricated lies made up whole cloth by the MSM, and now this shooting, it's all gone way too far.

Can you imagine the outrage if there was a play showing the brutal killing of Obama? It would have been shutdown immediately.

The left can't accept that someone who opposes almost everything Obama did policy wise actually won and is actually systematically taking apart Obama's legacy, by doing what he campaigned on. Look Trump says stupid stuff and in many ways brings stuff on himself with his big effing mouth. But let's be clear, the left is using his hyperbole as thin cover to go batshit crazy. Any other republican that was carrying out these policies would get the same treatment, don't doubt that for one second. It's the way they role, and much of it is planned and orchestrated by Soros and the MSM. Not saying the shooting, but a lot of the so called resistance is.

Friend, this is almost straight far-right wing media thought. Much of it is actually factually inaccurate. You need to get a broader perspective.

Posted on: 6/17 11:30 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

83Grad wrote:

What you are seeing from the left is the other side of the coin from tha last eight years. No worse and no better.

Conservatives believe they acted rationally during the Obama years. They did not.

Liberals think that they are acting rationally now. They are not.

Same exact crap...other side of the coin.

Posted on: 6/17 3:22 pm

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

delispam wrote:
The Portland stabber WAS a Bernie guy but had moved into white-nationalism and Trump support. But he is crazy, an extremist. To me that supersedes his political affiliation.

---
There was an Obama murdering version of Julius Caesar.

There was likely a GW Bush version as well.

I don't have much of a problem with people voicing their opinions with violent language. I have a major problem with people acting on it. And it's both sides.

I don't think it's unfair to assume that had Clinton won that there would be violence by crazy right leaning people.

Here's a paper about right wing terrorism that claims that right wing terrorism is a bigger threat than ISIS.

But here's an article from left leaning site that also says left wing extremism is also becoming a threat.

You guys on the right are more aware of the left threat because you've absorbed it from your media. I find myself from time to time on left wing sites that are guilty of the same things but I've learned not to take them as fact or include them in political thinking. I kind of file them in my brain as "needs validation from less left wing sources" before I use them as talking points.

These sites from both sides thrive on pushing fear and validation. If you can make everything seem like life or death then it puts people into fight or flight response so they stop thinking about things like the economy. It causes us to think in short term, when most of our problems require a long term solution.

--

I don't give a **** about what Obama accomplished. I do care that I have affordable healthcare, no matter who's name is associated with it, I care that the government stays out of the bedroom and people's places of worship.

delispam I do want to say that I find you to be a reasonable person, and I do have respect for your opinion. Thanks for your research and bringing a well rounded argument to the table.

Posted on: 6/18 12:08 am

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Well said.

Posted on: 6/18 8:46 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From M
The inability of the left to own up to their immoral and evil behavior is predictable. So predictable that a child could see right through it. The Hitler youth and brown shirts did the same thing. Conservatives, in particular white christian conservatives are the modern day Jews, and the liberal left is the Nazi party. There is very little difference between liberals of today and Nazi's of back then, and they wont settle until blood is spilled everywhere. They want blood. They want the death of the people who they dont agree with. They feel no remorse, they are actually calling for more violence, not less. They want more, not less. Let that sink in.

But when they finally push hard enough to finally get the giant body of moral people of this world to fight back, it will be with force and fury that even their evils minds cant comprehend, and it will be over very fast. Good will always triumph over evil in the end, even when it looks bleak. And not that I have to point this out, but collectively their is no bigger group of wimps that have ever roamed this planet than modern liberals. It amazes me that they seem to be "trying" to start some kind of civil war. Mind boggling. They are digging their own graves. If they manage to keep the sleeping giant from awaking and destroying them, they are killing the democratic party forever. What normal, decent person would vote for this? You have to be really stupid and brainwashed. Fortunately the % of those ones is shrinking daily. Any decent humans left in that party are on their way out.

Posted on: 6/18 9:44 am

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
Turkish, Actually the alt right is much, much closer to the Nazis than the left. Trump is also much more like Hitler than any president ever. I think that's the real attraction to the alt right. Nazi presented themselves as an alternative to the lefts of Russia. Now we have a Hitler like president catering to Russia. Hmm. Alt right people need to read some history as you are attempting to recapture the Nazi Germany in the US. I hope we don't become the Nazi Germany of this century, Though a lot of you would like that!

Posted on: 6/18 10:55 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From M
Quote:

Sandstone56 wrote:
Turkish, Actually the alt right is much, much closer to the Nazis than the left. Trump is also much more like Hitler than any president ever. I think that's the real attraction to the alt right. Nazi presented themselves as an alternative to the lefts of Russia. Now we have a Hitler like president catering to Russia. Hmm. Alt right people need to read some history as you are attempting to recapture the Nazi Germany in the US. I hope we don't become the Nazi Germany of this century, Though a lot of you would like that!

Sandstone, you are so far off base, I have no doubt that your tiny little bit of so-called knowledge about anything history related is nothing more than you listening to opinions from your ignorant melodramatic liberal hero's. You know nothing of Nazi history, even a tiny bit. In fact, based on reading your ignorant dribble on here for a while, its clear that you know nothing of much at all actually. You're just a propaganda-created fool. Sadly, so was the guy who shot up a baseball game the other day. I'm sure his opinions were spot on to yours. I'm sure your beliefs are a lot more like that guy than you would care to admit.

Your stupidity doesnt work on me. Ive actually read history and studied it, and I know for a fact that you haven't or you would know better than to post something so far from the truth. You dont even know how to form your own opinion lol. It takes real work and an open mind to form an opinion that is your own. Those are not liberal traits.

Posted on: 6/18 11:27 am

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved