We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 16 »

Re: East Carolina Game
Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
It's no surprise that our kickoff team is garbage. If our kicker cant boot it through the endzone every time, he needs to learn how to sky it to one of the blockers so our guys can have time to get down there and eliminate the opportunity of a return. I know I'm not the only one that expects the other team to either return it for a touchdown or get to almost midfield every damn time they return the ball.

At the game this past Sunday I was screaming for the kicker to just kick it out of bounds.

With a return EVEN WHEN WE STOPPED THEM they were still at the 32 yard line. It isn't worth the risk of the long return for 3 yards. Just kick it out of bounds for find a girl from the women's soccer team to put it out of the end zone.

Posted on: 9/8 1:58 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
We get 650 yards and at least 63 points.

Posted on: 9/8 2:37 pm

Pitt Hater
From Athens GA
It's because our kickoff team doesn't blitz enough.

Posted on: 9/8 2:42 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

brobison wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
It's no surprise that our kickoff team is garbage. If our kicker cant boot it through the endzone every time, he needs to learn how to sky it to one of the blockers so our guys can have time to get down there and eliminate the opportunity of a return. I know I'm not the only one that expects the other team to either return it for a touchdown or get to almost midfield every damn time they return the ball.

At the game this past Sunday I was screaming for the kicker to just kick it out of bounds.

With a return EVEN WHEN WE STOPPED THEM they were still at the 32 yard line. It isn't worth the risk of the long return for 3 yards. Just kick it out of bounds for find a girl from the women's soccer team to put it out of the end zone.

Honestly my buddy that went to the game with me and I were yelling the same thing. Its not worth the risk.

Posted on: 9/8 2:54 pm

Pitt Hater
From SW FL
Years ago - we had a couple REALLY good kickers
WTF Happened ??

Posted on: 9/8 4:26 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Robertsdale,Al via parkersburg
WVU and TEXAS are the only 2 teams in the B12 that had opponents with a heart beat on opening week ? and we both lost. No wonder we are seen as a weak conference.

Posted on: 9/8 4:34 pm

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Dana started focusing on QBs and forgot about kickers?

Posted on: 9/8 4:35 pm

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Is that Nature guy still broadcasting games over the interweb?

Posted on: 9/8 5:23 pm

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

wvsouth1 wrote:
WVU and TEXAS are the only 2 teams in the B12 that had opponents with a heart beat on opening week ? and we both lost. No wonder we are seen as a weak conference.

Add Baylor's defeat to Liberty and the Big 12 had a really bad opening to the season.

Posted on: 9/8 5:24 pm

WMITC
From Here
Quote:

brobison wrote:
find a girl from the women's soccer team to put it out of the end zone.

^ This.

Posted on: 9/8 7:54 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
We will absolutely pummel ECU, but if we score 60+ and allow less than 17 it won't matter much or be a positive day unless the special teams begin to show improvement.

Lambert was an excellent kicker, especially his freshman year. It's a shame he had problems. O'Toole was overrated but was Day Fucking Guy compared to what we have now. The only improvement made in ST under Dana is we generally don't bobble punts, and that is faint praise

Posted on: 9/8 8:13 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
This is a big weekend for the league. We really need OU to deliver in Columbus and a TCU win in Lafayette and ISU win would go a long way.

It really is important for our long term health that somebody show that they can break through and make the playoff and win a playoff game soon. As I've said before, if OU and UT see that they CAN win or at least get to the title game (really anyone from the B12 will do), then they have no reason to leave. The money is good here and the path is easier than being the 3rd or 4th fiddle in the SEC west, dealing with FSU/Clemson, or OSU/PSU/Michigan. My wife is a diehard Wolverine, she knows too well that you can be the 2nd best team in the country, as they were last year, and easily miss the playoff. What would really do wonders for the league would be if one of our schools gets in with 1 loss. That would be a huge relief to OU and UT and allow them to breathe easy knowing as long as they recruit well and coach well that they can thrive on the national landscape and pick relatively low lying fruit

Posted on: 9/8 8:19 pm

Pitt Hater
From Rockville, MD
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Correct 100 times.

Posted on: 9/8 9:16 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Is that Nature guy still broadcasting games over the interweb?

Yes, the wildlife guy will be active.

Posted on: 9/8 9:17 pm

Pitt Hater
From Rockville, MD
Quote:

WVUswim wrote:
This is a big weekend for the league. We really need OU to deliver in Columbus and a TCU win in Lafayette and ISU win would go a long way.

It really is important for our long term health that somebody show that they can break through and make the playoff and win a playoff game soon. As I've said before, if OU and UT see that they CAN win or at least get to the title game (really anyone from the B12 will do), then they have no reason to leave. The money is good here and the path is easier than being the 3rd or 4th fiddle in the SEC west, dealing with FSU/Clemson, or OSU/PSU/Michigan. My wife is a diehard Wolverine, she knows too well that you can be the 2nd best team in the country, as they were last year, and easily miss the playoff. What would really do wonders for the league would be if one of our schools gets in with 1 loss. That would be a huge relief to OU and UT and allow them to breathe easy knowing as long as they recruit well and coach well that they can thrive on the national landscape and pick relatively low lying fruit

sory, i'm bleary eyed reading your post.

Posted on: 9/8 9:24 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Man why is the gold rush game against ECU????

Posted on: 9/8 9:38 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Heres to hoping we don't throw the ball 50+ times and run the ball especially when we are averaging 7 yards per **** rush. Ill go up and punch Spav in his stomach. And heres to hoping Gibby grows some balls and blitzes more than 3 times.

Posted on: 9/8 9:47 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Also **** virginia tech

Posted on: 9/8 9:53 pm

Makin' it Rain
Help needed........WVU game NOT on my TV line up here in NJ, I need a web link

Posted on: 9/8 11:34 pm

Noob
From Weirton, WV
Not on in Weirton either. Supposedly it will be on FS2. I don't know anyone that gets that.

Posted on: 9/9 7:03 am

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 16 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved