We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 98 99 100 (101) 102 103 »

Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Quote:

He's not flipping IMHO. He's upping the pressure on Trump for a preemptive pardon.

At this point such a pardon would be clear eveidence of obstruction, yes? Bring it on!

Posted on: 7/4 6:03 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Who's a criminal?

Posted on: 7/4 6:04 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Quote:

He's not flipping IMHO. He's upping the pressure on Trump for a preemptive pardon.

At this point such a pardon would be clear eveidence of obstruction, yes? Bring it on!

Not if the SCOTUS is stacked and the midterms don't go in favor of the Dems. I suspect they won't because Dems are, above all, HORRIBLE at political strategy and get complacent far too easily. They have a lot to answer for IMHO including Hillary shenanigans and Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

I'm no fan o Trump and McConnell...but props to the RNC for keeping their hands OFF the primary.

Looking down the road I see no one...NO ONE that I would willingly vote for. These political parties are Pathetic and Trumpism is just AstroTurf from the Bush years that got out of hand.

Posted on: 7/4 6:11 pm

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Quote:

Not if the SCOTUS is stacked and the midterms don't go in favor of the Dems. I suspect they won't because Dems are, above all, HORRIBLE at political strategy and get complacent far too easily. They have a lot to answer for IMHO including Hillary shenanigans and Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

I'm no fan o Trump and McConnell...but props to the RNC for keeping their hands OFF the primary.

Looking down the road I see no one...NO ONE that I would willingly vote for. These political parties are Pathetic and Trumpism is just AstroTurf from the Bush years that got out of hand.

Agreed. Lack of viable Presidential candidates is a big problem.

Posted on: 7/4 6:15 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Quote:

Agreed. Lack of viable Presidential candidates is a big problem.

Mark my words. Things WILL get worse for Trump's demo, they will grossly misread why it is happening, they will get angry, the RNC WILL hold the senate and the house in 2018, he WILL be President in 2020, we will have a 6-3 supreme court, he will pardon all his cronies, we will lose even more of our leadership role until we become as big a joke as NK.

You can BANK on it.

Posted on: 7/4 6:19 pm

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Zwaa has taken over the soapbox, ladies and gentlemen. I dont think I've ever seen one poster hold all of the comments to every thread under any category. 'Gratz to ya

Interesting. I’ve considered doing the same but have refrained. (You’re welcome.)

Zwaa has some good points. For example, how do you feel about the fact that your President is a criminal?

Posted on: 7/4 9:34 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/04/us/ ... -north-korea-nuclear.html

WASHINGTON — When the North Koreans were shooting off missile tests and detonating new, more powerful atomic bombs last year, President Trump responded with threats of “fire and fury” and ordered the military to come up with new, if highly risky, pre-emptive strike options.

But since the one-day summit meeting last month in Singapore, Mr. Trump has done an about-face, while the North’s nuclear program has continued. “Many good conversations with North Korea-it is going well!” he wrote Tuesday morning on Twitter.

Even the recent revelations of seemingly modest North Korean progress on missile technology and the production of nuclear fuel — including continued work on a new nuclear reactor that can produce plutonium — have not dimmed Mr. Trump’s enthusiasm. He argues that they mean little compared to the new tone of conversations, and that even though North Korea has not disassembled a single weapon, his mission should be judged a success.

It is that jarring reversal of tone that has led Mr. Trump’s critics to argue that he was taken in by Kim Jong-un, the North’s 34-year-old leader.

Turning the enthusiasm of the meeting in Singapore into a concrete, verifiable agreement is now the job of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who is leaving Washington early Thursday for North Korea. It will be his third trip there, but the first to flesh out a timetable and a common understanding of what the Singapore commitment to “work toward denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula” really means.

Complicating the task is this: Mr. Pompeo, a former C.I.A. chief who knows the details of the North Korean program intimately and has solicited plans for how to accomplish his goals, must show that he can get the North Koreans to go far beyond the agreement his predecessor once-removed, John Kerry, achieved in negotiations with Iran. Mr. Trump has called that deal a “disaster” for years and pulled out of it two months ago.

Now, it looms over Mr. Pompeo’s talks.

By engaging Mr. Trump in the process of “denuclearizing” the Korean Peninsula, Mr. Kim may be calculating that the president would not dare walk away — especially after Mr. Trump noted before the summit meeting that “everyone thinks” he should win a Nobel Peace Prize, before modestly adding, “but I would never say it.”

Still, the test missile engine site that Mr. Trump told reporters was being dismantled still stands, satellite pictures show. And the C.I.A., among other agencies, has warned that the North’s strategy may now be to build up abilities that can be traded away later, hoping to maneuver Mr. Trump into accepting the country as a de facto nuclear power, and settle for concessions on the size and reach of Mr. Kim’s nuclear force.

Mr. Trump and his allies say that is nonsense; sanctions remain and Mr. Trump has not flinched from the goal of “complete, verifiable, irreversible denuclearization.”

“There’s not any starry-eyed feeling among the group doing this,” John R. Bolton, the national security adviser, insisted Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” saying that most of the major steps toward denuclearization could be taken in a year. In private, Trump administration officials say, Mr. Bolton’s view is the same as it was before he joined the administration: that the North Koreans will never entirely give up their program.

The big question is whether Mr. Kim is truly ready to change course or playing for time with Mr. Trump — as his father and grandfather did with the past four presidents.

Meanwhile, Mr. Trump is in sales mode.

Frustrated by the series of reports that the North is chugging forward, despite its “denuclearization” pledge, Mr. Trump boasted in a tweet on Tuesday that there had been “no Rocket Launches or Nuclear Testing in 8 months. All of Asia is thrilled. Only the Opposition Party, which includes the Fake News, is complaining.”

Then, with a Trumpian flair, he added, “If not for me, we would now be at War with North Korea!”

Mr. Trump is at least partly right: There have been no missile or nuclear tests since November, a freeze that many, including some Democrats, said was a necessary first step. But a freeze and denuclearization are completely different things.

Mr. Kim retains all of his nuclear abilities, and thus his leverage. He can resume testing any time. Just a year ago, Rex W. Tillerson, then the secretary of state, called that position insufficient because it merely perpetuated an ability to strike that Mr. Trump had, until recently, characterized as intolerable.

But it also reveals, in perhaps the most critical national security crisis Mr. Trump faces, his tendency to conflate a good meeting with a good outcome. It is as if President John F. Kennedy, meeting with the Soviet Union’s Nikita Khrushchev for the first time in Vienna in 1961, had declared the Cold War solved. The Cuban missile crisis broke open 16 months later.

Mr. Kim has already accomplished something, too. The heat has been turned down drastically, and the United States has, unilaterally, suspended military exercises with South Korea.

The Obama administration’s Iran agreement shadows Mr. Trump’s talks with the North.

The president regularly calls Iran a major nuclear threat, even though it no longer has enough fuel to make a single nuclear weapon. Under the 2015 agreement, it shipped 97 percent of its nuclear material out of the country. And it never possessed nuclear weapons.

Yet Mr. Trump pulled out after concluding that the United States gave away too much in return for an agreement that would gradually allow the Iranians to resume production around 2030.

The stark contrast between how Mr. Trump talks about Tehran, while insisting that the North is “no longer a nuclear threat,” will become harder and harder to sustain if Mr. Pompeo cannot get Mr. Kim on a rapid denuclearization schedule.

And Mr. Pompeo will need to achieve an inspection regime that provides assurance — not only to intelligence agencies but also to the public in South Korea, Japan and the United States — that the North is not hiding weapons, missiles or production facilities. The C.I.A. and the Defense Intelligence Agency believe that, today, it is hiding all three. So far, Mr. Pompeo has said nothing about the details he intends to present, and Mr. Bolton suggested that stories about new intelligence on the North’s improving its nuclear abilities only imperiled the diplomatic process. As a television commentator and columnist, Mr. Bolton often repeated similar reports when it came to building his case about how to deal with Pyongyang and Tehran.

One thing is clear, however: The Trump administration has not uttered the phrase “complete, verifiable, irreversible denuclearization” in weeks, and Mr. Pompeo has also softened his tone. Some administration officials say that South Korea urged getting rid of the everything-must-be-dismantled-immediately approach. And South Korean officials say that while Mr. Kim might not surrender his entire program anytime soon, he might dismantle parts of it, reducing his readiness to go to war.

“Perhaps the biggest diplomatic problem the U.S. will face, if we can get North Korea to agree to fully denuclearize, will be the timing of that denuclearization and how we verify the component steps,” William Perry, the former defense secretary under President Bill Clinton, wrote this week in Politico Magazine.

Mr. Perry, who negotiated repeatedly with the North, cautioned that “these steps will be complex, will take many months, if not years, and will require intrusive verification procedures.”

“But the U.S. has negotiated agreements equally difficult with the Soviet Union, so we do have a positive precedent,” he wrote.

Posted on: 7/5 9:11 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Zwaa has taken over the soapbox, ladies and gentlemen. I dont think I've ever seen one poster hold all of the comments to every thread under any category. 'Gratz to ya

Interesting. I’ve considered doing the same but have refrained. (You’re welcome.)

Zwaa has some good points. For example, how do you feel about the fact that your President is a criminal?

Obama and Clinton are no longer presidents. If you are referring to your current president, what has he been convicted of?

Posted on: 7/5 9:16 am

Gettin' Schmitty
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Obama and Clinton are no longer presidents. If you are referring to your current president, what has he been convicted of?

He's referring to this post.

http://www.wemustignitethiscouch.com/ ... id=834440#forumpost834440

Posted on: 7/5 9:25 am

Gettin' Schmitty
http://thehill.com/homenews/administr ... capable-of-reading-a-book

The man who helped co-author President Trump’s bestselling book, “The Art of the Deal,” tore into the president for his recent tweet bragging about his writing skills.

“He is incapable of reading a book, much less writing one,” Tony Schwartz tweeted on Wednesday.

Schwartz told The New Yorker last year that he had written most of Trump's 1987 book as a ghostwriter. Trump has denied that claim and said the pair worked as a team.

Schwartz's tweet came after Trump boasted about his writing ability in a Tuesday tweet.

"After having written many best selling books, and somewhat priding myself on my ability to write, it should be noted that the Fake News constantly likes to pore over my tweets looking for a mistake,” Trump wrote. “I capitalize certain words only for emphasis, not b/c they should be capitalized!”

The Huffington Post noted Wednesday that Trump had initially misspelled the word “pore” — originally writing “pour” — before the tweet was deleted and corrected.

Schwartz said that Trump’s tweet claiming he has “written” bestselling books “is one more deceit and delusion.”

Tim O’Brien, a biographer who has written about Trump, also responded to the president’s tweet.

“President Trump didn’t write any of his books,” the author tweeted Tuesday. “Ghostwriters on all of them.”

Posted on: 7/5 9:37 am

Gettin' Schmitty
So...Pruitt said Screwitt. Probably for the best.

Posted on: 7/5 6:04 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
So, what has he been convicted of?

Posted on: 7/5 9:53 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Zwaa don't take your crazy pills all at once. And don't forget to pick up some extra tinfoil

Posted on: 7/5 9:56 pm

Pitt Hater
I didn't know where else to put this but, whoever wrote it should get a medal.

"Interesting letter to the President and the Government….

Dear President Trump, and Members of Congress:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico , and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements. We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, the President of Mexico, that I'm on my way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking Government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. Please print all Mexican Government forms in English.

4. I want my grand kids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my grand kids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my grand kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico , but I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my housetop, put U.S. flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

14. I want to receive free food stamps.

15. Naturally, I'll expect free rent subsidies.

16. I'll need income tax credits so that although I don't pay Mexican taxes, I'll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Government pays $4,500.00 to help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.

19. One more thing let me and my family get in-state enrollment to any college we want to get into, ahead of any Mexican.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all of his people who walk over to the U.S. from Mexico . I am sure that the President of Mexico won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Funny how stupid this looks when it's put it in writing... Or maybe not so funny"

Posted on: 7/6 9:54 am

Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
I didn't know where else to put this but, whoever wrote it should get a medal.

A medal for Xenophobia and stupidity?

Posted on: 7/6 7:18 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
So its xenophobic and stupid for Americans leaving mexico to expect all the handouts that Mexicans get but normal for the complete opposite

Posted on: 7/6 8:38 pm

Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
8, 13, and 11 fall into the Xenophobic category. The rest is a mixture of half-truths and blatant lies. The facts are that most illegals working in this country pay taxes without receiving any of the benefits but you've been convinced they walk in and the government hands them money. You can't receive social security benefits without first paying into the social security system

Posted on: 7/6 9:03 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Oof

Citation needed. Strohs do some research next time. I enjoy your uninformed comments just as much as the next guy but you aren't even trying. You probably still think hillary didnt sell uranium to Russia LOL

Posted on: 7/6 11:27 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
"Donald Trump is not the target of any investigation. "
-Robert Mueller

Posted on: 7/6 11:27 pm

Pitt Hater
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
8, 13, and 11 fall into the Xenophobic category. The rest is a mixture of half-truths and blatant lies. The facts are that most illegals working in this country pay taxes without receiving any of the benefits but you've been convinced they walk in and the government hands them money. You can't receive social security benefits without first paying into the social security system

Your reply is full of half truths and lies. Prove the lies then then come back. I ask for 4 or 5. You can’t.

Posted on: 7/7 7:05 am

« 1 ... 98 99 100 (101) 102 103 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved