We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 »

 
Re: East Carolina Game
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
1/10/2013 12:14 am
Posts: 1017
Overall excellent performance. Not worried about the D they were dominant when it mattered in the first half. I have grave concerns about the kicking game. Molina has to be the worst kicker in P5 football. He WILL cost us big 12 games...we are essentially starting out every game down 3-0 because is will miss at least 1. Anything beyond 35 yards, if less than 4th and 7 Dana has to go for it. If there is another kicker on the roster he is kicking for me next week. He cannot possibly be worse, Molina's confidence be damned. I can't see ho Molina can get worse and can't see how another kicker could do worse. This must improve quickly

Posted on: 9/9 3:53 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
WMITC
Joined:
1/6/2008 1:03 pm
From Here
Posts: 23188
My 2 cents:

(1) Our kicker can't kick and our corners can't cover.

(2) I wonder if any of our corners can kick?

Posted on: 9/9 3:53 pm
_________________
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half the people are even stupider than that." -- George Carlin
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Pitt Hater
Joined:
6/18/2010 9:15 am
From SW FL
Posts: 1626
we won, I liked it.
not including an extended garbage time.

Posted on: 9/9 5:00 pm
_________________
student at WVU in the 70s
staff at WVU in the 80s
I frikin bleed Gold n Blue
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Party Machine
Joined:
11/30/2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 697
There's a realistic chance that we hang 70 on Delaware State next week if the offense is humming like that.

Posted on: 9/9 5:03 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
6/7/2011 4:56 pm
From Originally, Lester WV, now, Richmond, "East" Virginia
Posts: 6488
Quote:

apizzle wrote:
There's a realistic chance that we hang 70 on Delaware State next week if the offense is humming like that.


Delaware State is 0-2 with losses to Delaware (3-22) and Hampton (15-28). WVU's second teamers should get a lot of time to play.

Posted on: 9/9 5:30 pm
_________________
Here's the deal. I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Pitt Hater
Joined:
1/1/2008 3:28 pm
From Bradley, WV
Posts: 1593
Quote:

TheMac wrote:


Does anybody know why Crest isn't even on the second unit?
You're joking, right?

Posted on: 9/9 5:35 pm
_________________
I bleed Old Gold and Blue
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Party Machine
Joined:
12/30/2007 1:28 am
From Barboursville, WV
Posts: 610
Looking through the stat sheet on VT's win over Delaware scares me a little.

VT's defense appears to be as dominant as advertised...making our offense pretty tough to stop.

But...
the VT offense appears to be as advertised as well, making our defense a porous mess.

I hope not but that is what stats after game 2 are screaming at me.

VT struggled with Delaware's defense all day and only put 20 points on them (One TD was a long punt return). I hope we are better than that.

Posted on: 9/9 6:57 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Pitt Hater
Joined:
10/21/2011 9:47 pm
From Richmond, Va
Posts: 1282
Quote:

eers_fan wrote:
Looking through the stat sheet on VT's win over Delaware scares me a little.

VT's defense appears to be as dominant as advertised...making our offense pretty tough to stop.

But...
the VT offense appears to be as advertised as well, making our defense a porous mess.

I hope not but that is what stats after game 2 are screaming at me.

VT struggled with Delaware's defense all day and only put 20 points on them (One TD was a long punt return). I hope we are better than that.


I'm a bit worried and I was worried after the game last week, even more so today. I didn't watch their game but their fans all seem to be concerned after today because they just didn't look very good. I felt like VT ran a very basic/vanilla offensive gamplane and were still able to pop some big plays on us.

We looked better today for a half, but maybe that's because ECU is a really bad team. I just hope the D can improve before we get into the meat of our schedule.

Posted on: 9/9 8:42 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Pitt Hater
Joined:
12/20/2007 7:11 pm
From Wasilla, AK
Posts: 2244
I know the OU game is a long ways down the road but it looks like they will have a field day against our corners unless they get really good between now and then.

Posted on: 9/9 9:34 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Party Machine
Joined:
1/2/2010 5:02 pm
From Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 678
Our defense and special teams are going to cost us games against OU, OK St, TCU, Texas, K State, and Iowa St if we don't improve

Posted on: 9/9 10:48 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Pitt Hater
Joined:
9/8/2011 7:49 pm
From St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2378
What happened to the weekly videos? Dougity Dog hasnt posted anything in months.

Posted on: 9/10 7:58 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12592
Quote:

eers_fan wrote:
Looking through the stat sheet on VT's win over Delaware scares me a little.

VT's defense appears to be as dominant as advertised...making our offense pretty tough to stop.

But...
the VT offense appears to be as advertised as well, making our defense a porous mess.

I hope not but that is what stats after game 2 are screaming at me.

VT struggled with Delaware's defense all day and only put 20 points on them (One TD was a long punt return). I hope we are better than that.


I didn't watch the game, but what I see from the stat sheet is Delaware tried to run the clock down. Look at the number of plays each team ran in that game and compare it to the number of plays WVU and Va Tech ran in their game. If a team runs 20 fewer plays in a game then their yards gained will be significantly less.

Posted on: 9/10 10:03 am
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
12/1/2010 8:07 pm
From in your head...
Posts: 1186
Quote:

soundman wrote:
Quote:

TheMac wrote:


Does anybody know why Crest isn't even on the second unit?
You're joking, right?


Im a lot more funny than that...Can you explain the joke?

Posted on: 9/10 10:32 am
_________________
i don't associate with haters, cause that's how motherf**kin gangstas be...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
12/18/2007 1:11 pm
Posts: 3049
Quote:

Sane wrote:
My 2 cents:

(1) Our kicker can't kick and our corners can't cover.

(2) I wonder if any of our corners can kick?


What about the giving Freshman Luke Hogan a chance to kick or Staley? They couldn't do any worse.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/ ... est-virginia-mountaineers

Posted on: 9/10 11:30 am
_________________
The difference between genius and stupidity is; Genius has its limits.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Pitt Hater
Joined:
1/1/2008 3:28 pm
From Bradley, WV
Posts: 1593
Quote:

TheMac wrote:
Quote:

soundman wrote:

Posted on: 9/10 12:00 pm
_________________
I bleed Old Gold and Blue
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
6/7/2011 4:56 pm
From Originally, Lester WV, now, Richmond, "East" Virginia
Posts: 6488
Quote:

UncleFestus wrote:
What happened to the weekly videos? Dougity Dog hasnt posted anything in months.


Two hype videos have been released by WVU. He works for WVU now, so the videos are official hype videos. He also releases them on his Twitter page.

Posted on: 9/10 12:26 pm
_________________
Here's the deal. I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
1/17/2011 8:42 pm
Posts: 997
Some GOOD news...the longest offensive drive under Grier consumed 75 yards in just 2:22 - the most time West Virginia used for any of its scoring sorties on the afternoon.

The others happened in 2:13, 0:45, 1:59, 0:50, 0:51, 0:24 and 1:48. Just passing it along.

Posted on: 9/10 4:10 pm
_________________
Individuality, liberty, property — this is man. Frederic Bastiat
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Pitt Hater
Joined:
9/7/2008 9:59 am
From Athens GA
Posts: 1529
Good news unless you play defense.

Posted on: 9/10 9:55 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/29/2008 4:48 pm
From Deadwood, Lakota Territory
Posts: 8111
At least our punter didn't cramp up in the first half!

DOH!!!

Posted on: 9/10 10:06 pm
_________________
Liberal, Progressive, Socialist, Globalist Fascists in BOTH parties are trying to take over the U.S.A.

Help us Eric Cartman, YOU are our only hope.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: East Carolina Game
Party Machine
Joined:
11/30/2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 697
Quote:

davidj wrote:
Some GOOD news...the longest offensive drive under Grier consumed 75 yards in just 2:22 - the most time West Virginia used for any of its scoring sorties on the afternoon.

The others happened in 2:13, 0:45, 1:59, 0:50, 0:51, 0:24 and 1:48. Just passing it along.


AKA REASONS WHY OUR DEFENSE DIDN'T SHUT THEM OUT. DAMN OFFENSE, MAKING IT DIFFICULT. FIRE SPAV!!!

Posted on: 9/10 10:18 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved