We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 15 16 17 (18) 19 »

Re: WVU Football 2018 Recruiting Thread
Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
I wouldn't get to excited about our rankings. Currently we are number 18 but, just look who we are ahead of and then look at the number of slots they have to fill.
When all is said and done I'll be surprised if we have a top 30 class.

As of right now - our ranking is 31. Ho hum.

Still is going to fluctuate depending on February's signing day, if we get Gray, if there's any strange flips or anything of that nature, but it's just the quality of guys we're getting towards the tops, as stated, and if we put together a good on the field product, and keep sending guys to the draft as we develop talent, this will only keep getting better.

Posted on: 12/21 10:21 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
We are 21 via Rivals. Not 31.

Posted on: 12/21 1:11 pm

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

wvudee wrote:
We are 21 via Rivals. Not 31.

Even better, Rivals Big 12 rankings:

1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. WVU
4. Baylor
5. OSU
6. TCU
7. Iowa State
8. TTU
9. Kansas
10. Kansas State

Posted on: 12/21 1:34 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From spencer
We have a good class started. Let’s get a couple of more to top it off. Maybe steal a couple to even out those that were stollen

Posted on: 12/21 10:48 pm

Pitt Hater
From columbia,sc
Rivals has us at #21 and Scout is at #31 because Scout has 2 of our Rivals 4 star guys rated at 3 stars and they aren't giving us credit for the Australian kicker we signed.

Posted on: 12/21 11:04 pm

Suspected Punter
This thread has been dead since the early signing period. Time to resurrect it.

There has been some attrition of late. junior OL Ray Raulerson, junior WR Ricky Rogers, junior DL Jalen Harvey, and sophomore OL-DL Alec Shriner appear to no longer be Mountaineers. Raulerson and Harvey were only here for a year and both got beat out by younger and better players (Matt Jones and Lamonte McDougle). Rogers showed some flashes at times but never seemed to put it together. Shriner was buried on the depth chart. That gives WVU 80 scholarships right now. I don't know the status of Jonn Young. I'm not sure he is recovering from injuries last year. The jury is still out.

That means there are 5 slots open for unsigned players. I assume Jayce Rogers and Tavis Lee will sign. That will leave three spots. Tony Gibson has made it clear he wants a DL and a CB. They probably need a NT or big DE who can play right away. I would think they would also want a JUCO or grad transfer CB. I would think a JUCO or GT OL would be a priority too.

Vincent Gray, a high school CB target, is making his official visit to Michigan this weekend. I assume he will commit there.

So here is how I think the last slots will be filled

Jayce Rogers
Tavis Lee
JUCO or grad transfer OL
JUCO or grad transfer DL
JUCO or grad transfer CB
Angus Davies if Jonn Young can't come back

Thoughts?

Posted on: 1/9 10:49 pm

Party Machine
Quote:

professeer wrote:
This thread has been dead since the early signing period. Time to resurrect it.

There has been some attrition of late. junior OL Ray Raulerson, junior WR Ricky Rogers, junior DL Jalen Harvey, and sophomore OL-DL Alec Shriner appear to no longer be Mountaineers. Raulerson and Harvey were only here for a year and both got beat out by younger and better players (Matt Jones and Lamonte McDougle). Rogers showed some flashes at times but never seemed to put it together. Shriner was buried on the depth chart. That gives WVU 80 scholarships right now. I don't know the status of Jonn Young. I'm not sure he is recovering from injuries last year. The jury is still out.

That means there are 5 slots open for unsigned players. I assume Jayce Rogers and Tavis Lee will sign. That will leave three spots. Tony Gibson has made it clear he wants a DL and a CB. They probably need a NT or big DE who can play right away. I would think they would also want a JUCO or grad transfer CB. I would think a JUCO or GT OL would be a priority too.

Vincent Gray, a high school CB target, is making his official visit to Michigan this weekend. I assume he will commit there.

So here is how I think the last slots will be filled

Jayce Rogers
Tavis Lee
JUCO or grad transfer OL
JUCO or grad transfer DL
JUCO or grad transfer CB
Angus Davies if Jonn Young can't come back

Thoughts?

I guess I agree. I don’t have enough knowledge to argue. The only thing would be don’t we have enough Dlineman already ? What’s coming in and what we have Idk why we would take another unless they are very talented.

Posted on: 1/10 10:44 pm

Here for the Beer
From USA
https://twitter.com/KwantelRaines/status/951311439184252928

Wonder who this flip is that he is talking about.

Posted on: 1/11 12:15 pm

Suspected Punter
Interesting. Could be Shaquon Anderson-Butts, who committed to Penn State back in the summer. There was a lot of mutual interest between SAB and WVU, but when Penn State made him a take, he committed. Once Penn State flipped Jahan Dotson from UCLA, that gave them three receivers all rated higher than SAB. He might not fit their plans any longer, since he was the only PSU commit that did not sign during the early period.

If PSU is no longer interested, WVU might be his next choice. Ricky Rogers' departure opens up a receiver slot, or maybe SAB could play corner. SAB and Raines know each other pretty well, so we will see.

Posted on: 1/11 2:47 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

RednNavy wrote:
https://twitter.com/KwantelRaines/status/951311439184252928

Wonder who this flip is that he is talking about.

Bold strategy to tweet about it, that's definitely good for some hype heading into signing day, but man it's like a month away, why not wait a bit..

Posted on: 1/11 10:45 pm

Suspected Punter
I see punter Jonn Young is no longer on the roster. There are now 79 scholarship players either enrolled or signed their letter of intent. Some names are beginning to emerge.

There are stll three incoming freshmen committed:

CB Jayce Rogers
DE Tavis Lee
P Angus Davies

Utah CB Casey Hughes is a potential grad transfer. The staff is pursuing him. He would have only the 2018 season to be eligible.

Iowa Western CC DT Val Martin has locked in an official visit the first weekend in February. He would have three years to pla three. We are battling Florida Atlantic and Washington State.

Blinn College (Texas) OL Beau Morris is also on the radar. Like Martin, he would have three years to play three. He looks pretty athletic as a tackle or guard.

There is still the potential flip from Kwantel Raines' twitter on signing day. Taymon Cooke is still interested too. I think CB Vincent Gray will sign with Michigan.

Another interesting fact would be that if Hughes does become a Mountaineer, that would make only 15 seniors on scholarship for 2018. Even with the usual attrition, the 2019 class might be pretty light. Stay tuned.

Posted on: 1/16 12:17 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From RT. 50
I'd like to see WVU take a look at Nathan Moore, linebacker from Rootstown, Ohio. All first team Ohio had something like 190 tackles and around 40 tfl. He may be a diamond in the rough

Posted on: 1/17 1:03 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Obviously, getting Hughes from Utah would be huge, would most likely start from day 1. Looks to be solid player, not a star though.

Posted on: 1/17 1:54 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior

Posted on: 1/17 4:56 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Don't have access to that, anybody care to spill some info?

Posted on: 1/17 6:14 pm

Here for the Beer
From Canton Ohio via Wellsburg WV
Quote:

chubs wrote:
I'd like to see WVU take a look at Nathan Moore, linebacker from Rootstown, Ohio. All first team Ohio had something like 190 tackles and around 40 tfl. He may be a diamond in the rough

He signed with division 2 Norte Dame College. Why do you feel he would be a diamond in the rough. Walk on player at best, rootstown is a small school that does not compete against top competition

Posted on: 1/17 7:13 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From RT. 50
Any kid that makes 190 tackles and over 40 tfls in one season in Ohio needs at least preferred walk on offer.

Posted on: 1/17 7:48 pm

Pitt Hater
Being from Rootstown, OH he is pretty close to the Football hall of fame, that should help.

Posted on: Ystrday 12:13 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From RT. 50
😂😂 Agreed! 😂😂

Posted on: Today 8:38 am

Here for the Beer
From Canton Ohio via Wellsburg WV
I live less than a mile from the hall of fame. By your reasoning I should be the smartest on this board. His high school plays at a level comparable to single a in WV. He was not recruited by anyone and looking at his size he is really small. I work about 5 minutes from roots town in Kent Ohio and had never heard of him until this post. If he had any talent Kent state and Akron which are both within 20 minutes of his school would of recruited him

Posted on: Today 11:38 am

« 1 ... 15 16 17 (18) 19 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved