Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

MdMounty wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
5. The argument that people are trying to change or erase history is a straw man. No proponent of removal has ever argued that removing the statue will erase history. That is a physical impossibility because time doesn't go backwards. What we do today cannot affect the past. The statue, however, is here in the present, and is causing some current residents to feel like second-class citizens here and now. That is a problem that can be fixed.

Not to mention the fact that there are these things known as books that are much better repositories of history. In fact, statues tell you little if anything about history. It's a ridiculous argument.

Interesting historical fact. These proponents advocating taking down the statues, openly advocate for communism. Historically in other countries as communistic factions gained control, they would take down statues. They would then burn books. Oh, and let's not forget the millions of people they would murder, that wouldn't submit to the new totalitarian regime.

You people need to think long and hard about the political/societal movement you are sympathizing with. The majority of these people working to bring about "change" in our country have no idea of what actually happened in history. They are doomed to repeat it, and are trying to drag us down with them.

If anything this is evidence that our education system is in serious need of being revamped. At this point the wolves are guarding the hen house.

Take a look at these communists bringing down a statue:
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/new ... baghdad-picture-id1910429

Next, consider Nazis and Klansmen marching in opposition of the decision to remove a Robert E Lee statue. Then consider the stupidity of your above argument. Finally, look up the definition of fact and hyperbole.

Posted on: 9/5 7:38 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Dangerous Donald
Grant Ave. Warrior
From Madhattan
Quote:

EERY wrote:
In other news.

Clinton Email Indictments Imminent
https://www.sgtreport.com/articles/201 ... or-obstruction-of-justice

Sgtreport? Take a look at their home page. Does this mean you believe that cloud seeding was used to amplify the effects of Hurricane Harvey? C'mon - this is a far fetched source, even from you. Does sgtreport employ fact checkers?

Classic case of what-about-ism.

You are currently part of the die hard base, who will side with Donnie T until the very end no matter what. It's not going to end well for you. I'd sincerely recommend reconsidering your position.

Posted on: 9/5 7:43 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Wanting and having a president who finally puts LEGAL Americans first has been going well since the 20th of January, the year of our Lord 2017.

Posted on: 9/5 8:25 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

MdMounty wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
5. The argument that people are trying to change or erase history is a straw man. No proponent of removal has ever argued that removing the statue will erase history. That is a physical impossibility because time doesn't go backwards. What we do today cannot affect the past. The statue, however, is here in the present, and is causing some current residents to feel like second-class citizens here and now. That is a problem that can be fixed.

Not to mention the fact that there are these things known as books that are much better repositories of history. In fact, statues tell you little if anything about history. It's a ridiculous argument.

Interesting historical fact. These proponents advocating taking down the statues, openly advocate for communism. Historically in other countries as communistic factions gained control, they would take down statues. They would then burn books. Oh, and let's not forget the millions of people they would murder, that wouldn't submit to the new totalitarian regime.

You people need to think long and hard about the political/societal movement you are sympathizing with. The majority of these people working to bring about "change" in our country have no idea of what actually happened in history. They are doomed to repeat it, and are trying to drag us down with them.

If anything this is evidence that our education system is in serious need of being revamped. At this point the wolves are guarding the hen house.

Take a look at these communists bringing down a statue:
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/new ... baghdad-picture-id1910429

Next, consider Nazis and Klansmen marching in opposition of the decision to remove a Robert E Lee statue. Then consider the stupidity of your above argument. Finally, look up the definition of fact and hyperbole.

You are ignoring the points I was making. I see the stupidity clearly. Perhaps you should enroll yourself into some history classes friend. I was stating facts, and it is sad to see people think that those facts are fictional. No wonder you are in support of such ideals.

I would suggest for starters studying Red China and the Bulshevik Revolution.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_k ... s_under_Communist_regimes

I swear, people use the word hyperbole in a sentence, and think of themselves as an intellectual. Ridiculous!

Posted on: 9/5 9:46 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
In other news.

Sgtreport? Take a look at their home page. Does this mean you believe that cloud seeding was used to amplify the effects of Hurricane Harvey? C'mon - this is a far fetched source, even from you. Does sgtreport employ fact checkers?

You are currently part of the die hard base, who will side with Donnie T until the very end no matter what. It's not going to end well for you. I'd sincerely recommend reconsidering your position.

And you are currently deserving of an atomic wedgie.

And please don't continue to mistake my humor as immaturity. It is a sign of my lack of respect for your opinion.

Posted on: 9/5 9:51 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Madhattan
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
In other news.

And please don't continue to mistake my humor as immaturity. It is a sign of my lack of respect for your opinion.

So you believe that cloud seeding was used to amplify the effects of hurricane Harvey? It was the other big story on this 'news' site yesterday.

Posted on: 9/6 3:29 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
In other news.

So you believe that cloud seeding was used to amplify the effects of hurricane Harvey? It was the other big story on this 'news' site yesterday.

Dont straw-man. Either discuss the article or shut up. I'm tired of the liberals discussing the source rather than the content. There have been numerous times when posters submit a link to a source, and within that source are links from other news articles that verify what the OP states, even videos, and liberals go NOPE SOURCE IS BAD YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID. HELL, Deli got pissed off that I was giving articles from BBC, politifact, and snopes, all of which lean left, saying I need to check my sources. However i have seen the left on this site post **** from a blog site and tout it as groundbreaking. So either talk about whats posted or shut the hell up. Every publication has articles that don't meet 100% left or right every time and someone posting an article from a news organization does not mean that whoever posted it is supportive 100% of everything of which that publication posts. CNN talked for a week about Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream. EERY did not mention, at all, hurricane Harvey. You brought it up because you had nothing to offer to the conversation and couldnt dispute what was posted. So talk about what was posted, or shut up. If you want to talk about Harvey, create a thread about it.

Posted on: 9/6 6:46 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Madhattan
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
In other news.

Dont straw-man. Either discuss the article or shut up. I'm tired of the liberals discussing the source rather than the content. There have been numerous times when posters submit a link to a source, and within that source are links from other news articles that verify what the OP states, even videos, and liberals go NOPE SOURCE IS BAD YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID. HELL, Deli got pissed off that I was giving articles from BBC, politifact, and snopes, all of which lean left, saying I need to check my sources. However i have seen the left on this site post **** from a blog site and tout it as groundbreaking. So either talk about whats posted or shut the hell up. Every publication has articles that don't meet 100% left or right every time and someone posting an article from a news organization does not mean that whoever posted it is supportive 100% of everything of which that publication posts. CNN talked for a week about Trump getting 2 scoops
of ice cream. EERY did not mention, at all, hurricane Harvey. You brought it up because you had nothing to offer to the conversation and couldnt dispute what was posted. So talk about what was posted, or shut up. If you want to talk about Harvey, create a thread about it.

Look at the title / topic of the thread. If yrr so concerned about straw man, isn't Eery's 'article' (which is actually a video) also straw man? That didn't bother you for some reason. You are also part of the base who will support DT up to the bitter end (which is coming.) I hope you are prepared to be disappointed.

Posted on: 9/6 8:03 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
In other news.

I didn't even see that article the other day. Obviously you didn't read it, or you intentionally misrepresented the actual article to try to make your point.
https://www.sgtreport.com/articles/201 ... act?rq=Cloud%20seeding%20

The article clearly states that it wasn't believed that the seeding was an intentional attempt to strengthen the hurricane. It just states that seeding ahead of Harvey might have strengthened the affects of the hurricane. Seems legit to me. The article was based on a seeding report that was found on the weather website. https://mobile.twitter.com/An0nKn0wled ... did-it-amplify-its-impact

I guess perhaps you might think the document was a fake, but then would that make you the conspiracy theorist?

Posted on: 9/7 3:42 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
In other news.

Dont straw-man. Either discuss the article or shut up. I'm tired of the liberals discussing the source rather than the content. There have been numerous times when posters submit a link to a source, and within that source are links from other news articles that verify what the OP states, even videos, and liberals go NOPE SOURCE IS BAD YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID. HELL, Deli got pissed off that I was giving articles from BBC, politifact, and snopes, all of which lean left, saying I need to check my sources. However i have seen the left on this site post **** from a blog site and tout it as groundbreaking. So either talk about whats posted or shut the hell up. Every publication has articles that don't meet 100% left or right every time and someone posting an article from a news organization does not mean that whoever posted it is supportive 100% of everything of which that publication posts. CNN talked for a week about Trump getting 2 scoops
of ice cream. EERY did not mention, at all, hurricane Harvey. You brought it up because you had nothing to offer to the conversation and couldnt dispute what was posted. So talk about what was posted, or shut up. If you want to talk about Harvey, create a thread about it.

Look at the title / topic of the thread. If yrr so concerned about straw man, isn't Eery's 'article' (which is actually a video) also straw man? That didn't bother you for some reason. You are also part of the base who will support DT up to the bitter end (which is coming.) I hope you are prepared to be disappointed.

I love getting categorized by the most white knuckled person on this site. Can you appreciate the irony? I sure can.

Posted on: 9/7 4:14 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

You are ignoring the points I was making. I see the stupidity clearly. Perhaps you should enroll yourself into some history classes friend. I was stating facts, and it is sad to see people think that those facts are fictional. No wonder you are in support of such ideals.

I swear, people use the word hyperbole in a sentence, and think of themselves as an intellectual. Ridiculous!

Maybe you should look up the definition of objective and subjective. Your statement that people wanting to remove confederate statues are communists is objectively false. I mean, the city council of Charlottesville just voted to remove a statue of Stonewall Jackson by a 5-0 margin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/c ... ml?utm_term=.bfc1f4124827

So are all of these council members communists? Your point about Bolsheviks and what-not is moot

On the other hand, if you want to make ridiculous absolute statements like supporters of Confederate statue removal are communists then allow me to make one: Opposition to confederate statue removal are Nazis and White Supremacists. There's plenty of evidence suggesting that and plenty of evidence suggesting our president is emboldening these groups with his actions and hateful rhetoric. Do you need me to link to a wikipedia article about Nazis and the KKK? I guess if I have to decide to be a Communist or a Nazi/White Supremacist the choice is easy.

Posted on: 9/7 8:40 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Quote:

Maybe you should look up the definition of objective and subjective. Your statement that people wanting to remove confederate statues are communists is objectively false. I mean, the city council of Charlottesville just voted to remove a statue of Stonewall Jackson by a 5-0 margin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/c ... ml?utm_term=.bfc1f4124827

So are all of these council members communists? Your point about Bolsheviks and what-not is moot

On the other hand, if you want to make ridiculous absolute statements like supporters of Confederate statue removal are communists then allow me to make one: Opposition to confederate statue removal are Nazis and White Supremacists. There's plenty of evidence suggesting that and plenty of evidence suggesting our president is emboldening these groups with his actions and hateful rhetoric. Do you need me to link to a wikipedia article about Nazis and the KKK? I guess if I have to decide to be a Communist or a Nazi/White Supremacist the choice is easy.

I was not only speaking of this one particular statue. This is going on all over the country. There is plenty of evidence plastered all over the web of interviews of these "protesters" "counter protesters" "what have you" spouting their beliefs. They are so delusional and so entitled. This doesn't end with one statue and you know it. Why not drop the virtue signaling, and actually have a conversation? Are you really missing the point I'm actually making? I don't think that you are. Though I guess I could be wrong on that.

My references to the Bulshevik and Red China movements is meant in a big picture sense. In all scenarios you have a lower class looking for a big government to take care of them, rioting and committing acts of violence to get what they want. In all scenarios the mobs were manipulated by controlling factions. You can tell me I'm wrong. It doesn't make it any less true.

The left has been calling their opposition Nazis and racists for well over a year. No reason for me to expect you to change your ways now. There is plenty evidence of this claim too.

Posted on: 9/7 9:13 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
As well I'd imagine they are as much voting to take down the statue to avoid anymore violence. I would assume their hands are tied at this point. Of course this will only serve to embolden the Alt Left, and they will move onto their next target.

D@mn that story sounds familiar. Where have I read something like that before? Hmmmmmm

Posted on: 9/7 9:19 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

EERY wrote:

The left has been calling their opposition Nazis and racists for well over a year. No reason for me to expect you to change your ways now.

Dude, there were literal Nazis and white supremacists marching through an American street screaming "Sig Heil," "Blood and Soil," and nearly beat a black man to death. One clown pulled a gun and fired a shot at another person. A white Supremacist literally murdered someone with their car and injured dozens more.

If there is a movement in this country it's more reminiscent of the Civil Rights movement than the Bolshevik Revolution. People want equal rights and rightfully so. Confederate Statues were erected, for no other reason than to make minorities feel like second class citizens in their own hometowns. Couple the statue ordeal with the government trying to boot contributing members of society because of their religion, removing programs designed to help the poorest and sickest members of society, and you can see what people are so upset.

Posted on: 9/7 9:26 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

EERY wrote:
As well I'd imagine they are as much voting to take down the statue to avoid anymore violence. I would assume their hands are tied at this point. Of course this will only serve to embolden the Alt Left, and they will move onto their next target.

D@mn that story sounds familiar. Where have I read something like that before? Hmmmmmm

Joe Paterno?

Posted on: 9/7 9:27 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Dont straw-man. Either discuss the article or shut up. I'm tired of the liberals discussing the source rather than the content. There have been numerous times when posters submit a link to a source, and within that source are links from other news articles that verify what the OP states, even videos, and liberals go NOPE SOURCE IS BAD YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID. HELL, Deli got pissed off that I was giving articles from BBC, politifact, and snopes, all of which lean left, saying I need to check my sources. However i have seen the left on this site post **** from a blog site and tout it as groundbreaking. So either talk about whats posted or shut the hell up. Every publication has articles that don't meet 100% left or right every time and someone posting an article from a news organization does not mean that whoever posted it is supportive 100% of everything of which that publication posts. CNN talked for a week about Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream. EERY did not mention, at all, hurricane Harvey. You brought it up because you had nothing to offer to the conversation and couldnt dispute what was posted. So talk about what was posted, or shut up. If you want to talk about Harvey, create a thread about it.

Here's the thing: Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can post an article on the internet. They don't need access, sources, or discretion. The reason you guys fall in love with Alex Jones and alt-news is because they tell you what you want to hear. Then they try to sell you a bunch of ****. Just look at the article EERY just linked to. Directly beside the story is a link to buy doomsday survival supplies. You think these people don't know their demographic? It's all a ruse to get you to spend spend spend. It's just like Televangelism or Joel Osteen/Bennie Hinn/Jimmy Swaggert Ministries. Journalists actually have to go through an education program and take oaths. When you post **** not written by an actual journalist it's really not worth the paper it's printed on or the cyberspace it occupies. That's why its so easily dismissed. When you post **** from Russia Today, it's called what it is. Propaganda. Don't waste our time with this garbage

Posted on: 9/7 9:35 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

The left has been calling their opposition Nazis and racists for well over a year. No reason for me to expect you to change your ways now.

Dude, there were literal Nazis and white supremacists marching through an American street screaming "Sig Heil," "Blood and Soil," and nearly beat a black man to death. One clown pulled a gun and fired a shot at another person. A white Supremacist literally murdered someone with their car and injured dozens more.

If there is a movement in this country it's more reminiscent of the Civil Rights movement than the Bolshevik Revolution. People want equal rights and rightfully so. Confederate Statues were erected, for no other reason than to make minorities feel like second class citizens in their own hometowns. Couple the statue ordeal with the government trying to boot contributing members of society because of their religion, removing programs designed to help the poorest and sickest members of society, and you can see what people are so upset.

I have spoken many times on here against the white supremacists actions in Virginia. You are taking one event and saying it overshadows the past year of violence by the Alt Left.

If you stand on street corners screaming at male Caucasians telling them they are F-ing white males, of course it's gonna eventually stir the Neo Nazis up. It's called race baiting, not civil rights activism.

Standing with signs, chanting, and marching is considered protesting. Destroying public and private property, beating people up, and throwing piss balloons is considered rioting. There's more going on here than just a civil rights movement, and you would be wise to try to understand that.

Posted on: 9/8 1:07 am

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Here's the thing: Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can post an article on the internet. They don't need access, sources, or discretion. The reason you guys fall in love with Alex Jones and alt-news is because they tell you what you want to hear. Then they try to sell you a bunch of ****. Just look at the article EERY just linked to. Directly beside the story is a link to buy doomsday survival supplies. You think these people don't know their demographic? It's all a ruse to get you to spend spend spend. It's just like Televangelism or Joel Osteen/Bennie Hinn/Jimmy Swaggert Ministries. Journalists actually have to go through an education program and take oaths. When you post **** not written by an actual journalist it's really not worth the paper it's printed on or the cyberspace it occupies. That's why its so easily dismissed.
When you post **** from Russia Today, it's called what it is. Propaganda. Don't waste our time with this garbage

Ironically a lot of those "qualified journalists" you refer to have been exposed for lying to us on many occasions. They also avoid reporting on things to keep them out of public awareness.

I tell you what, I'll stick to my prep ads, and you can stick to your prescription drug ads. Just for poops and laughter I pulled up the SGT Report to see what adds were up. I saw a precious metals ad, a motorcycle add, and the rest were ads based on the cookies from my device. Now I'm left wondering if you were looking up prepper gear before clicking onto my link.

Posted on: 9/8 1:22 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Ads are based on search history my dude.

Posted on: 9/8 8:09 am

« 1 ... 31 32 33 (34) 35 36 37 ... 39 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved