We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 33 34 35 (36) 37 38 »

 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 1743
I have no doubt that the white supremacists were looking for a fight. Ironically the ones that organized it, Jason Kessler and the like, were not long ago progressives and Obama supporters.

Now this has no reflection on other Dems that supported Obama, but it does seem like someone is trying to stir up unrest and violence in our society.

As far as the snake oil comment, a lot of the products AJ sells are just relabeled supplements that can also be bought from Whole Foods. Apparently the owner of WAPO is a cooky charlatan too. Homeopathic supplementation is an actual science you know.

Posted on: 9/10 3:53 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 1743
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Our president equates nazis and those protesting nazis. Awesome job of moral leadership. Great win for the white sumpremacy propaganda network. Sad day for America.


You're joking, right?

Violent, extremist protesters are indeed equal regardless of what they support or don't.


The two sides are not the same in any way. You and Trump want to be the guy in the middle. Sad!

Open in new window


That picture is humorous. You actually think that ANTIFA are promoting civil rights at this point? Keep drinking the cool aid brother.


Was actually referring to BLM.

But if antifa is out there punching bigotry and hate in the mouth then good for them. Charge them with all applicable crimes. I admire their goal...not the tactics.


And exactly what would you describe their goal to be?

Do you also admire the Bolsheviks as well?


As far as I can tell their goal is to punch nazi bigots in the face. I'm ok with that. Disagree if you want as is your right. So far they haven't driven cars into crowds, right?

As for the Bolsheviks analogy...meh, not even going to Google it. Explain your accusation and I'll respond.


Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

In 1917 there was an election held in Russia. The Russians were deciding on a leader that would move them past the rule of the Czars. There was a split between people of what direction they wanted the country to go. The white party wanted capitalism, and the red (Bulsheviks) party wanted socialism. The white party won the election, but the red party would not accept losing the election. The red party became violent and began demonstrations around Russia. The violence eventually spilled over into a civil war. The Bulsheviks lead by their candidate Vladimir Lenin were eventually able to win the bloody revolution that left over 12 million dead. Of course as most socialists systems go, it fell into a Communist dictatorship.

Posted on: 9/10 4:15 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 1743
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:


Dont straw-man. Either discuss the article or shut up. I'm tired of the liberals discussing the source rather than the content. There have been numerous times when posters submit a link to a source, and within that source are links from other news articles that verify what the OP states, even videos, and liberals go NOPE SOURCE IS BAD YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID. HELL, Deli got pissed off that I was giving articles from BBC, politifact, and snopes, all of which lean left, saying I need to check my sources. However i have seen the left on this site post **** from a blog site and tout it as groundbreaking. So either talk about whats posted or shut the hell up. Every publication has articles that don't meet 100% left or right every time and someone posting an article from a news organization does not mean that whoever posted it is supportive 100% of everything of which that publication posts. CNN talked for a week about Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream. EERY did not mention, at all, hurricane Harvey. You brought it up because you had nothing to offer to the conversation and couldnt dispute what was posted. So talk about what was posted, or shut up. If you want to talk about Harvey, create a thread about it.


Here's the thing: Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can post an article on the internet. They don't need access, sources, or discretion. The reason you guys fall in love with Alex Jones and alt-news is because they tell you what you want to hear. Then they try to sell you a bunch of ****. Just look at the article EERY just linked to. Directly beside the story is a link to buy doomsday survival supplies. You think these people don't know their demographic? It's all a ruse to get you to spend spend spend. It's just like Televangelism or Joel Osteen/Bennie Hinn/Jimmy Swaggert Ministries. Journalists actually have to go through an education program and take oaths. When you post **** not written by an actual journalist it's really not worth the paper it's printed on or the cyberspace it occupies. That's why its so easily dismissed.
When you post **** from Russia Today, it's called what it is. Propaganda. Don't waste our time with this garbage


Ironically a lot of those "qualified journalists" you refer to have been exposed for lying to us on many occasions. They also avoid reporting on things to keep them out of public awareness.

I tell you what, I'll stick to my prep ads, and you can stick to your prescription drug ads. Just for poops and laughter I pulled up the SGT Report to see what adds were up. I saw a precious metals ad, a motorcycle add, and the rest were ads based on the cookies from my device. Now I'm left wondering if you were looking up prepper gear before clicking onto my link.


Professional journalists are held to a standard. If they are proven wrong they issue retractions and often lose their jobs. The conservative crowd pretends that they aren't held accountable and want any blogger that says the right things to have equal billing. Sad!


Yes we've seen the the "high standards" your beloved journalists have been living up to these days.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dailyca ... ff-trump-russia-coverage/

The article only had one link to an add about rheumatoid arthritis, so I sold be okay right?

Posted on: 9/10 4:25 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 1743
Suppose not sold. Autocorrect strikes again.

Posted on: 9/10 5:39 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Grant Ave. Warrior
Joined:
10/27/2006 2:33 pm
From LA
Posts: 1050
I'm not saying CNN is great journalism however retractions and editorial decisions like firing ethically-challenged reporters does speak to the integrity of a news organization.

Silly Little Video That Supports My Statement

Posted on: 9/10 9:54 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 1743
By your comment I assume you do agree that just because a journalist has a college education, and has taken an oath, they still are capable of being "ethically-challenged". At least that was the statement Strohs and Da Beer were making.


It's like saying a doctor is incapable of malpractice, because he has a degree and has taken the hippocratic oath.

CNN is in the process of being sued over false reporting by the way. I just heard an interview by the lady who was filling against them the other day.

Posted on: 9/10 1:16 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 1743
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
As a general rule, I don't delve into the snake oil market. I'm sure a lot of reputable news sites sell their own brand of health supplements and lifestyle products. I'm also sure it has nothing to do with how easily Republicans are separated from their money



By admission you are ignorantly talking from your backside then.

I believe it has more to do with not being beholden to big money advertising. You know, the thing that makes all the "reputable news agencies" so ratings driven. Most of the big news agencies sold their souls long ago for exclusive access to the stories that will drive the ratings.

Posted on: 9/10 1:27 pm
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 4926
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Well if all they did was punch Nazis in the face, your point would be valid. Selective memory is bliss isn't it?


No idea what you're saying here. I said to charge folks on both sides with all applicable crimes. But again, nobody on my side has driven a car into a crowd.

Posted on: 9/10 5:11 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 1743
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Well if all they did was punch Nazis in the face, your point would be valid. Selective memory is bliss isn't it?


No idea what you're saying here. I said to charge folks on both sides with all applicable crimes. But again, nobody on my side has driven a car into a crowd.


The actual statement you made that I was replying to was this:

Quote:
As far as I can tell their goal is to punch nazi bigots in the face. I'm ok with that. Disagree if you want as is your right. So far they haven't driven cars into crowds, right?


The car incident was horrendous. I really hope we don't see anything like that again. I also hope we don't see anymore ANTIFA sympathizers trying to plant bombs on statues they don't agree with. A very malicious action as well.



Posted on: 9/11 3:56 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 4926
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

Wonder why nobody wanted to take the statues down for the 16 years in recent memory we've had a democrat president or the 8 years we've had a black president. You know since you say the statues only represent slavery and to make minorities second class citizens. LOL. Wow you're so stupid. Also why was there a statue of a southern general in northern democrat city of Baltimore? Why didn't any of the democrats champion for that statue to be removed literally any other year? Ive talked to my friends that are minorities in CVille, and baltimore, and like Charles Barkley, havent thought a day about those statues in their lives. Although they are "uncle toms" to their fellow minorities and liberals because they voted Trump and are republican. Why is demolishing statues now a thing? Because it's now popular due to the alt-left thinking the statues are evil boogey men and they dont know history. Well, history gives you power, and that's why the left keep losing.


Here's why: because the presidents at the time didn't embolden white trash to march in our cities chanting "blood and soil", "white power" and "Jews will not replace us".

So here's the thing. If this garbage wants to crawl out of the shadows and rally around these statues then screw those rednecks...tear them down and watch the tears flow. Boo-frickin-hoo. Go rally at the museum where the statues belong...might learn a thing or two.

Posted on: 9/11 5:17 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 4926
Quote:

EERY wrote:
By your comment I assume you do agree that just because a journalist has a college education, and has taken an oath, they still are capable of being "ethically-challenged". At least that was the statement Strohs and Da Beer were making.


Not the point I was making at all. Stop making crap up.

I said professional journalists are held to standards, have to retract things proven to be false and can lose their jobs if found to act unethically.

Unlike Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and our current president. They say whatever lie they want and never retract anything when proven false. Your basement bloggers that you want to respect as much as professional journalism fall into that category.

Posted on: 9/11 5:23 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 4926
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Yes we've seen the the "high standards" your beloved journalists have been living up to these days.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dailyca ... ff-trump-russia-coverage/

The article only had one link to an add about rheumatoid arthritis, so I sold be okay right?


That's the point, there were ramifications for their actions. They were pulled from the story and likely lost their jobs. If they did lose their jobs then they will find it hard to get another legitimate journalist gig.

Alex Jones, Rush, Hannity, Trump, Johnny the basement blogger...no ramifications. It matters.

You used the medical oath as an analogy. Taking it a step further I guess you're saying that anyone is as qualified as a doctor to diagnose your ills because education and professions mean nothing. Or is it only professional journalists that you have so little respect for?

Posted on: 9/11 6:13 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 1743
Yeah just forget the fact that it was proven that CNN was telling their journalists to push the Russian narrative.

He actually mentions ratings in his statements.
http://projectveritas.com/2017/06/27/ ... ive-is-all-about-ratings/


High standards in deed
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/432423001/



Of course as it's become blatantly obvious that y'all will only accept the media that supports your view points. I'm sure you will find some flippant reason to denounce these links as well.

Sad

Posted on: 9/11 7:50 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 1743
And by the way, who other than you said anything about bloggers?

Posted on: 9/11 7:55 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 6618
Quote:

EERY wrote:
And by the way, who other than you said anything about bloggers?


I did. I believe it was deli or sandstone posted a source of an uber feminist blog months ago.

Posted on: 9/11 8:10 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 6618
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Yeah just forget the fact that it was proven that CNN was telling their journalists to push the Russian narrative.

He actually mentions ratings in his statements.
http://projectveritas.com/2017/06/27/ ... ive-is-all-about-ratings/


High standards in deed
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/432423001/



Of course as it's become blatantly obvious that y'all will only accept the media that supports your view points. I'm sure you will find some flippant reason to denounce these links as well.

Sad


Don't forget about CNN's Van Jones calling the entire Russia story a "nothing burger"

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/339 ... sia-story-a-nothingburger

Just the video

https://youtu.be/l2G360HrSAs


Oh and don't forget when Ted Turner said that it was a good thing US soldiers were killing themselves

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... rent-programmed-kill.html

Posted on: 9/11 8:15 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald

Joined:
12/7/2009 7:07 pm
From Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 12592
Quote:

EERY wrote:
I have no doubt that the white supremacists were looking for a fight. Ironically the ones that organized it, Jason Kessler and the like, were not long ago progressives and Obama supporters.

Now this has no reflection on other Dems that supported Obama, but it does seem like someone is trying to stir up unrest and violence in our society.


Jason Kessler wasn't a progressive. The other organizers haven't ever self-identified as left as far as I know. There is a theory that the "liberal" to "conservative" plane on the political spectrum is more of a circle then it is a line. The theory goes that people at either extreme are actually closer in their beliefs than they are to moderates, who are at the other side of the circle. I have heard it referred to as the "horseshoe" theory. It makes sense if you consider someone's views on the "authoritarian" to "libertarian" plane. Kessler supposedly espoused very far left wing views that were beyond progressive and were extremely authoritarian. I think the authoritarian piece is what he truly believes in, and he is just looking for some authoritarian group to accept him.

Posted on: 9/11 10:50 am
_________________
Open in new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Pitt Hater
Joined:
7/21/2008 9:57 pm
From North Central, WV
Posts: 1743
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
I have no doubt that the white supremacists were looking for a fight. Ironically the ones that organized it, Jason Kessler and the like, were not long ago progressives and Obama supporters.

Now this has no reflection on other Dems that supported Obama, but it does seem like someone is trying to stir up unrest and violence in our society.


Jason Kessler wasn't a progressive. The other organizers haven't ever self-identified as left as far as I know. There is a theory that the "liberal" to "conservative" plane on the political spectrum is more of a circle then it is a line. The theory goes that people at either extreme are actually closer in their beliefs than they are to moderates, who are at the other side of the circle. I have heard it referred to as the "horseshoe" theory. It makes sense if you consider someone's views on the "authoritarian" to "libertarian" plane. Kessler supposedly espoused very far left wing views that were beyond progressive and were extremely authoritarian. I think the authoritarian piece is what he truly believes in, and he is just looking for some authoritarian group to accept him.


Interesting point thanks for responding.

Posted on: 9/11 11:36 am
_________________
LET'S GO---------------------------------MOUNTAINEERS---------------
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 4926
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Yeah just forget the fact that it was proven that CNN was telling their journalists to push the Russian narrative.

He actually mentions ratings in his statements.
http://projectveritas.com/2017/06/27/ ... ive-is-all-about-ratings/


High standards in deed
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/432423001/



Of course as it's become blatantly obvious that y'all will only accept the media that supports your view points. I'm sure you will find some flippant reason to denounce these links as well.

Sad


So a person with the job of driving up ratings is caught on video being frank about his job is shocking to you? From what I can tell, the only journalists that carried it out were dealt with as is customary in that profession.

...and a mega corporation choosing to ignore bad press rather than band over for you...that shocks you too?

Let me guess: every morning for the years long Benghazi story FoxNews held a prayer meeting and reaffirmed that they were being honest? You don't think that they openly talked about how that story kept the rubes fired up and the ad money coming in regardless of the facts?

I do appreciate your CNN focus though. Presidential.


Posted on: 9/11 11:48 am
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Dangerous Donald
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/8/2008 8:36 pm
From Around
Posts: 6618
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
I have no doubt that the white supremacists were looking for a fight. Ironically the ones that organized it, Jason Kessler and the like, were not long ago progressives and Obama supporters.

Now this has no reflection on other Dems that supported Obama, but it does seem like someone is trying to stir up unrest and violence in our society.


Jason Kessler wasn't a progressive. The other organizers haven't ever self-identified as left as far as I know. There is a theory that the "liberal" to "conservative" plane on the political spectrum is more of a circle then it is a line. The theory goes that people at either extreme are actually closer in their beliefs than they are to moderates, who are at the other side of the circle. I have heard it referred to as the "horseshoe" theory. It makes sense if you consider someone's views on the "authoritarian" to "libertarian" plane. Kessler supposedly espoused very far left wing views that were beyond progressive and were extremely authoritarian. I think the authoritarian piece is what he truly believes in, and he is just looking for some authoritarian group to accept him.


Interesting point thanks for responding.


Kessler was an obama supporter who was a part of the occupy movement who organized the unite the right rally in an attempt to group all trump suppoerters with white supremacists.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08 ... ement-obama-supporter-8-m


Alex Jones BTFO Mr Kessler after Kessler himself admits to being an obama supporter

https://mobile.twitter.com/infowars/st ... 97269114963509249/video/1

I've been doing some digging, and finally traced this event back to its origins. Start with the Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Unite_the_Right_Rally

It cites this article about expectations for the rally on 2017-07-21:

http://www.nbc29.com/story/35942579/s ... -park-during-august-rally

That article has a "related article link" back to 2017-06-05:

http://www.nbc29.com/story/35594532/c ... allies-in-charlottesville

Read those articles, and you can see the origins. The original application was submitted by Jason Kessler, on behalf of "Unity and Security for America".

The event was subsequently announced on Facebook by the "Traditionalist Workers Party".

Hopefully, that's enough breadcrumbs to get people started on finding the true origins of this "Unite the Right" rally.

Article from southern poverty law center. They did a lot of digging on him.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hat ... /individual/jason-kessler

Posted on: 9/11 12:24 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



« 1 ... 33 34 35 (36) 37 38 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved