We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 40 »

Re: Virginia Tech 9/3/2017
Makin' it Rain
Interesting. I read a separate article stating Virginia tech was listening to country roads in preparation for the atmosphere.

Fake news

Posted on: 8/24 5:01 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pitt Hater
VT assholes singing "country roads' at their practices!! They'll get to here our song plenty when we drop 50 on em!!! On cbs sports- trying to post videO!

Posted on: 8/24 6:40 pm

Pitt Hater

Posted on: 8/24 6:47 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
Nothing like hearing your own funeral dirge,,,

Posted on: 8/24 6:53 pm

Pitt Hater
From North Central, WV
Quote:

davidj wrote:
Nothing like hearing your own funeral dirge,,,

Post of the summer lol

Posted on: 8/24 6:55 pm

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
That song is to be played when they bury me...hey, you too!

Posted on: 8/24 11:11 pm

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Interesting they may only go to three WR's with loss of Simms for first game.
http://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports-w ... upbeat-on-receiving-corps

Posted on: 8/26 9:26 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
Had a nice conversation with a friend of mine today regarding WVU FB. He is a good friend/weekly golfing buddy of Don Nehlin. Anyway, my friend shared that Don Nehlin went to a scrimmage this past week to "view the troops" as The General, Emeritus. His comments toward Grier...he's never, ever seen a QB that can throw the long ball into "the basket", ker-plunk, whatever the stride, like him. That's saying something...with The Hoss, The Major, etc. under your wing. Good stuff! Go 'Eers!

Posted on: 8/27 12:34 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Quote:

davidj wrote:
Had a nice conversation with a friend of mine today regarding WVU FB. He is a good friend/weekly golfing buddy of Don Nehlin. Anyway, my friend shared that Don Nehlin went to a scrimmage this past week to "view the troops" as The General, Emeritus. His comments toward Grier...he's never, ever seen a QB that can throw the long ball into "the basket", ker-plunk, whatever the stride, like him. That's saying something...with The Hoss, The Major, etc. under your wing. Good stuff! Go 'Eers!

That just made my whole year.

Just think how important having a great QB is. A dominating pitcher is nearly impossible to beat even with an average team around him. A dominating goalie in hockey can elevate an average team and an elite QB can make a crappy team average (Archie Manning) an average team pretty good (Dan Marino) and a good team unbeatable (Tom Brady).

So if Grier is as advertised, how do we not win at least 8 this regular season, barring horrible injury issues?

Posted on: 8/27 1:11 pm

Ingest Feces Pittsburgh!

Grant Ave. Warrior
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Quote:

davidj wrote:

Just think how important having a great QB is. A dominating pitcher is nearly impossible to beat even with an average team around him. A dominating goalie in hockey can elevate an average team and an elite QB can make a crappy team average (Archie Manning) an average team pretty good (Dan Marino) and a good team unbeatable (Tom Brady).

So if Grier is as advertised, how do we not win at least 8 this regular season, barring horrible injury issues?

I think the answer to that is self-evident. We will win 8 minimum Barry my losing like 13 starters and frankly if we only win 8 I'll be disappinted

Posted on: 8/27 1:46 pm

Pitt Hater
From Rockville, MD
I live in the DMV area and won't be able to attend the game. My brother's daughter is getting married out west. She obviously didn't look at the schedule. When the game was re-scheduled to Sunday, I breathed a big old "Thank you, God!"

For those traveling, be safe and bring us a victory. I'll be watching at the hotel bar.

Posted on: 8/27 6:15 pm

Makin' it Rain
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:
Quote:

davidj wrote:

I'm still tempering my hopes by taking into consideration that it's been almost 2 years since he took a snap in an actual game but here's to hoping he's the next one in a line of great QBs to have played at WVU.

And it's true in regards to notable teams having great QBs. Of course the line has to do their job and we need a good running game to set up the pass and all that but guys like Hostetler, Harris, White and Smith have a way of elevating the whole offense.

Something I didn't know until recently - after Hostetler transferred from Penn State he had to sit out a year, of course. The QB who played the year Hostetler was waiting his turn was Oliver Luck (I thought Luck graduated a year or two before that).

Posted on: 8/28 12:08 pm

Party Machine

Posted on: 8/28 1:59 pm

Makin' it Rain
Not sure what to make of this depth chart

Posted on: 8/28 3:31 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Originally, Lester WV, now, Richmond, "East" Virginia

Quote:

Here's the tweet embedded. God bless you, Owen Schmitt!

Posted on: 8/28 4:13 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
Virginia Tech Eager to Renew Rivalry with WVU on Sunday Night

What is interesting from this article is Frank Beamer saying that this game needs to be played as often as possible. I guess he forgot to add "since I'm no longer the coach" as a qualifier to that statement.

Posted on: 8/28 4:15 pm

Pitt Hater
From Eastern WV
Quote:

wvudee wrote:

http://wvusports.com/sports/2017/8/28/depth-chart.aspx

What are you thoughts?

I see Wickline is listed as backup for both tackle positions. There are also several freshman and redshirt freshman listed as backups.

Posted on: 8/28 4:34 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
If you are on Facebook, WVU Football (the official FB page for WVU football) is broadcasting the 1997 game against VT on FB Live right now. The broadcast is at halftime right now.

Posted on: 8/28 8:17 pm

Makin' it Rain
Quote:

BlueShark wrote:
Quote:

wvudee wrote:

http://wvusports.com/sports/2017/8/28/depth-chart.aspx

What are you thoughts?

I see Wickline is listed as backup for both tackle positions. There are also several freshman and redshirt freshman listed as backups.

Just so many unfamiliar names. Call it early season jitters and the fact that Vick and Shayne Graham ruined my evening inside the stadium in 99. An article was posted the other day about Battle being the vet in the secondary and he's listed as a backup. I hope Spavital can handle his business with the playcalling. Holgorsen has been pretty solid in prepping for big opening games. This will be the first he's not calling the shots on O.

Posted on: 8/29 12:48 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Mobile, AL
I think of it as, a newcomer beat out a good db. I like it. I am concerned about all the frosh on the 2 deep. Depth could still be an issue.

Posted on: 8/29 3:17 am

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 40 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved