We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 59 »

Re: the nascar thread

From Alkol, Lincoln County
yes, because if jr doesn't win the championship this year he never will

i mean come on. what a ridiculous statement. they're not saying it about anyone else. granted, he should have a better year.. win more than 1 race, be more competitive. but with his cousin crew chiefing i don't like his chances. jr is a good driver, not saying he's as good as his dad though.

one thing i hate is how obvious it was an accident, and how every media outlet is reporting it was jr's fault. anyone with an unbiased point of view with reasonable nascar knowledge can see it was. if you hate jr, then you'll say it was his fault. simple as that. yahoo.com is full of jr haters. you won't be able to find a unbiased guy there. espn just reports what they want you to hear.. which is bad biased opinions.(think them preaching tebow is god for heisman)

and one thing.. any opinion dw gives about jr has to be taken with a grain of salt. jr doesn't like fox's nascar coverage for a reason. and i think he's why.

Posted on: 2/16/2009 8:42 pm

Party Machine
Quote:
yes, because if jr doesn't win the championship this year he never will

I don't think that's what they were getting at, hence the "The window is closing" comment.

I think people are willing to write off Jr's year last year as a period of adjustment, although more than a couple of his fans expected 10 wins and a championship. If he doesn't get the job done this year, or at least be competitive, what will the excuse be? And if Tony Jr. is so inept as a crew chief why does Hendrick keep him around to the demise of the entire team. There's way too much money involved to keep Eury Jr. around simply because he's Dale Jr's cousin.

Posted on: 2/16/2009 9:01 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

i didn't expect 10 wins or a championship.. but i expected more than 1. jr was the dominant hendrick driver the first part of last season. no question in that. but as soon as they came around the the tracks a second time and as they got more experience with the new car, chad knauss and the 48 basically got hendrick's best. i honestly don't know why tony eury jr is still dale jr's crew chief. maybe it's the terminology he uses, or eury wouldn't have a job anywhere else.. but it's clear tony doesn't have a lick of sense in him when it comes to late race pitting strategy.

Posted on: 2/17/2009 7:43 am

Party Machine
From Teays Valley, WV
I actually liked Dale Sr. I just hate Jr. becuase he didnt have to work for his fans like every other driver out there. He is NASACR's most popular driver every year why? Becuase of his name, it certainly isnt his talent. Also, you said you dislike FOX's coverage? You also dislike ESPN coverage of sports. I think that you just dislike anything that doesnt tell you what you want to hear.

Posted on: 2/17/2009 9:25 am

Pitt Hater
From formerly Fairmont, WV
Dale Jr is almost as big a disappintment as Kyle Petty. Superstar 7~time champ fathers and nothing to show for it.
That oughtta get Marty going.

Posted on: 2/17/2009 10:11 am

Pitt Hater
From formerly Fairmont, WV
BTW, I don't mind JR, but I cannot stand Hendrick.

Posted on: 2/17/2009 10:11 am

lol he's not kyle petty. he's actually won a few races and been in championship contention. kyle can't say that.

bill elliott was nascar's most popular driver for years.. only god knows why, too. it was obvious to me that from 97(when i picked up nascar) to 01 that dale sr was the most popular driver from just watching tv and fans' reaction. but bill won a championship in 1988 and 12 years later he was still winning the fan vote, all the while basically doing little in the last half of the 90's.

and yes, i dislike fox's coverage. maybe i want the way it used to be before fox took over(no larry mac, no digger, no chris myers..etc). espn.. we all know about espn so that's no shocker. they report what they want you to hear and believe.

Posted on: 2/17/2009 1:43 pm

okay. race 2. califBOREnia.

expect long green runs, follow the leader type racing, 1-5 laps of exciting racing after restarts, and very few leaders.

there has been a decent amount of talk about the race not being a sellout/never has been and possibly losing a date. hopefully they'll realize darlington deserves the labor day race again!

Posted on: 2/22/2009 12:53 pm

Makin' it Rain
From sunset beach, nc
Marty..Jr. oughta hire you to follow him around just to make him feel good about himself. I mean, in your mind..has he ever done anything wrong?

botton line...he's NOT that good

Posted on: 2/22/2009 2:49 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
What a great day! Mountaineer Basketball, Golf from Riviera and a late Nascar race! Veg and couch! Go #14!

Posted on: 2/22/2009 5:28 pm

Makin' it Rain
From sunset beach, nc
Quote:

majorfan wrote:
Marty..Jr. oughta hire you to follow him around just to make him feel good about himself. I mean, in your mind..has he ever done anything wrong?

i take this back..it's not a nice post.
sorry marty

Posted on: 2/22/2009 5:31 pm

Makin' it Rain
From sunset beach, nc
Quote:

majorfan wrote:
Quote:

majorfan wrote:

sorry marty

Posted on: 2/22/2009 5:50 pm

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

majorfan wrote:
Quote:

majorfan wrote:

sorry marty

sorry.. got a little carried away.

this just in, and no joke.. rain is forecast for the area 'but should miss the track'... just like last week?

Posted on: 2/22/2009 5:59 pm

Suspected Punter
From Princeton,WV
2 straight...well the rain wasnt an issue this week, so how can everyone discredit this win? yes biffle had the best car but he made a mistake on pit road, and gordo used up his car and couldnt get past matt. GO KENSETH!!!!

Posted on: 2/22/2009 10:41 pm

whoever was the leader was the 'best car'. biffle, johnson, gordon, and then kenseth had their turn. this was a legit win though.

Posted on: 2/22/2009 11:10 pm

Party Machine
Quote:
whoever was the leader was the 'best car'. biffle, johnson, gordon, and then kenseth had their turn.

Clean air is the kingmaker. It seems like that's the case at all the 1.5-2 mile cookie cutter tracks though. Funny how this car was supposed to reduce the amount of aero-push the drivers dealt with, yet didn't seem to help it at all.

Posted on: 2/22/2009 11:59 pm

totally what i thought too. nascar really doesn't think, they just do. car of tomorrow-safer yes, more horrible to watch-yes.

Posted on: 2/23/2009 12:57 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
Not much of a race for excitement. Whoever got off pit road first got clean air and pulled away. Kenseth is the man, for now!

Posted on: 2/23/2009 9:50 am

Pitt Hater
From Morgantown, WV
Can't take a thing away from Kenseth. He can't control what happened at Daytona and he showed that it was no fluke he won last week. Biffle had the only car on the track that could catch him but he blew his chance. All in all a pretty boring first two races, but I have a feeling this is gonna be a really exciting year.

Posted on: 2/23/2009 12:54 pm

ok. i am SICK of every time jamie mcmurray gets interviewed, he takes one sip of his coke zero before he starts talking. seriously. its obvious the bottle was just opened. and his little secret was spoiled at daytona when the tv guys had him on screen.. he stood there stupidly and in a daze. then boom, interviewer starts talking and jamie takes a baby sip of the coke. then fails to drink it again. he's not fooling anyone. other drivers do it, but not as bad as him. i know he probably gets a million every time he sips on camera but still.. at least have half the bottle gone, pour it out, drink more than once or something!

Posted on: 2/28/2009 1:01 am

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 59 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved