We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 59 »

Re: the nascar thread
Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Hey Marty, Where did JR finish today? Regardless I'm sure wild thing finished ahead of him seeing how it's impossible to finish ahead of 1st place.

Posted on: 3/1/2009 10:47 pm

I-79 Alumni
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Alkol, Lincoln County
what.. you mean that caution to clean up paul menard's busted radiator finally ended? preposterous!

actually.. you can be ahead of first.. when you're on the tail end of the lead lap and a caution comes out and nascar's stupid rule about passing the pace car prevents cars from actually getting behind the field.. but that doesn't count here.

Posted on: 3/2/2009 3:21 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Open in new window

but this counts.

Posted on: 3/2/2009 8:58 pm

I-79 Alumni

atlanta.

word around the track is tires will be an issue today.

look for conditions not bas as indy last year, but look for a lot of cautions and look for every team to come in for tires at every chance they have.

Posted on: 3/8/2009 11:55 am

Pitt Hater
From formerly Fairmont, WV
Nice work by the gas man to put half the field a lap down. That's a new strategy that needs to be looked into late in a race.

Posted on: 3/9/2009 9:32 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Monrovia MD
Hopefully the tire retriever is now unemployed.

Still, a very good race. Two tires will get you out of the pits first, but 4 tires will get you the lead right back.

Posted on: 3/9/2009 10:10 am

i can understand what the crew member for the 47 was thinking. but.. come on. common sense must rule.

the 2 had the setup all day. i thought he was good during the early part of the race but then would taper off.. then didn't.

edit-from jayski.
Quote:
Crewman suspended for rest of race for going after tire: Jimmy Watts, a crew member [gasman] for the #47 Marcos Ambrose team, was suspended for the remainder of the race after he ran onto the infield grass -- a prohibited area -- to retrieve a loose tire on [caused] the third caution of the race.(ESPN/AP), the caution would had been called anyway, due to the tire in the infield and it was still slowly moving towards the track.
AND A quiet and remorseful Jimmy Watts stood outside the NASCAR hauler during the Kobalt Tools 500 to meet with NASCAR officials after he had been suspended for the remainder of the event for running onto the frontstretch grass with the race under green-flag conditions to retrieve a tire from the JTG Daugherty Racing car on lap 67. Watts, a gas man who also works for the Charlotte Fire Department, said he has been in the sport for more than seven years and just made a mistake. NASCAR threw the caution as he chased the tire. The tire had rolled on to the frontstretch grass when it got loose from the JTG Daugherty team of driver Marcos Ambrose and was knocked away by the Yates Racing team. “I saw the tire going away and it was a reaction – the wrong one,” Watts said. Watts said he “certainly did not” think that the tire would roll that far across the grass and by the time he was in the middle of it, he realized he was in a bad position. Watts said he hoped to be back next week but was waiting to talk to NASCAR officials to see if any additional penalties would be issued.(SceneDaily)(3-9-2009)

Posted on: 3/9/2009 11:51 am

from jayski:
Quote:
UPDATE: Jimmy Watts, a crew member for the #47 team in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, has been suspended from the next four Sprint Cup Series events (until April 22) for rule violations during last Sunday’s race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Watts was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 9-15-U (crew members must not go on the race track for any reason while the cars are racing or while the cars are running under the yellow flag or the red flag, unless otherwise directed to do so by a NASCAR official). Watts has also been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. In addition, Frank Kerr, crew chief for the #47, has been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31 for violating Sections 12-1 and 9-4-A (crew chief assumes responsibility for the actions of the team).(NASCAR PR)

Posted on: 3/11/2009 6:49 am

Pitt Hater
From Morgantown, WV
what an IDIOT!!! That's worse than Sterling getting out of his car!

Posted on: 3/11/2009 10:42 am

--Richard Petty

Suspected Punter
From Beverly, OH..via Doddridge County
Anyone else headed to Bristol next weekend??? Got a surprise call from an ol' buddy/co-worker with a motor home, a camping spot, and an invitation! I'm pumped!

Last year Charlotte...this year Bristol!!

Posted on: 3/13/2009 6:59 pm

Open in new window

would love to go to bristol, but the night race would be the one i would go to if i had the chance.

maybe the race tomorrow will be tolerable to watch. and not another one of the races where one driver 'dominates' all race.

Posted on: 3/21/2009 3:59 pm

Suspected Punter
From Princeton,WV
i'm not going to be able to sleep tonight, a couple of days ago my girlfriend won tickets to this race, i cant wait! im more excited for her because she has never been, and this will be like my 10th time or so...but nonetheless it's still BRISTOL!

Posted on: 3/21/2009 8:56 pm

THE GOITER STARTED THE RACE!! AHH!

and someone tell darrell waltrip its VICTORY LANE. he has to be the only one i hear calling it 'victory circle'.

Posted on: 3/22/2009 1:12 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
by the way Marty, who was in the victory circle today?

Posted on: 3/22/2009 8:57 pm

I-79 Alumni

Makin' it Rain
From sunset beach, nc
Quote:

msaul37 wrote:
THE GOITER STARTED THE RACE!! AHH!

and someone tell darrell waltrip its VICTORY LANE. he has to be the only one i hear calling it 'victory circle'.

Marty, I think after three championships DW is allowed to call it just about whatever he wants.

Posted on: 3/23/2009 5:55 am

no one they were in victory lane.. err victory roof. at least i think that's where they have it at in bristol.

and ps, this had to be the most boring bristol race ever. thanks nascar for ruining the racing with the 'more exciting' car of tomorrow.

Posted on: 3/23/2009 5:56 am

Suspected Punter
I was definitely more impressed with the Busch..err..Nationwide race...lot's of smoke and rubber in the air during that one.

Posted on: 3/23/2009 8:48 am

Open in new window

martinsville. rain dominated yesterday, is delaying the truck race until monday, hopefully it'll be gone from the area tomorrow.

once again, the tv guys are propping jeff gordon to win this race.. just like they've said he'll win every other previous race.

fox just spent at least 5 good minutes talking to kylie busch.. and he said he was one of the greatest drivers ever settle down kylie. he has no championships, but he does have that massive ego that he loves being fed.

watch for a lot of loose cars coming out of the turns tomorrow. i think this race will have more wrecks than bristol.. but nascar will likely not through a caution flag-if i remember correctly from last year.

Posted on: 3/28/2009 1:58 pm

Suspected Punter
.. but nascar will likely not through a caution flag-if i remember correctly from last year.

Might depend on whether or not Junior's about to go a lap down.

Posted on: 3/28/2009 7:34 pm

Open in new window

Quote:
Might depend on whether or not Junior's about to go a lap down.

maybe so. but there are actually wrecks and he just so happens to be the beneficiary most of the time.. so no real conspiracy. no matter what fox's mike joy wants you to think

Posted on: 3/28/2009 9:30 pm

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 59 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved