We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

Darius Millines
Grant Ave. Warrior
From Buckeye Country...Unfortunately
Mitch Vingle is now reporting, via Twitter, that FL WR Darius Millines has decommitted from WVU and will now sign with Marshall.

Posted on: 1/18/2010 5:48 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Darius Millines
Grant Ave. Warrior
From Home again, finally
I expected 1 or 2, but this is insane. IT'S HCC!!! HAVE FUN PLAYIN FOR NOTHING, FELLAS!! Hope you don't get shot your first day on campus.

Posted on: 1/18/2010 6:44 pm

Party Machine
From Seoul, South Korea (via Hinton WV)
What a shame, he seems like a wonderful student/athlete. I wish him well in becoming the next Randy Moss at MU...great big fish in a small, 2d rate pond. Dang. Maybe got a strong vibe about other WRs ahead of him or perhaps studs in this year's class.

The more I hear about Deon Long, the more excited I get to see him in the ol' Blue & Gold!

Posted on: 1/18/2010 7:02 pm

Pitt Hater
We are recruiting alot of WR talent. I think we will be just fine at WR. I bet we get some WR committs soon.

Posted on: 1/18/2010 7:24 pm

Noob
From Vienna, WV
Scout still showing all these kids as WVU commits for what that's worth.

IF we do lose him, we won't feel it next year. He was certain to redshirt with all of the (potential) talent at WR as others have pointed out.

Either way, Galloway and Beatty need to be camped in Adrian Coxson's neighborhood for the next couple weeks.

Posted on: 1/18/2010 8:00 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Robertsdale,Al via parkersburg
I`d be scared to play on the same team as Deon Long if I were a wide out...I wouldn`t want to have to try to compete with him,so you cant blame these kids for being scared

Posted on: 1/18/2010 8:30 pm

Pitt Hater
From Buckhannon, WV
Millines was the one out of the three I did not want to go. He was one of the most underated WR coming out of FL. I still don't understand why they would choose a two bit hack school like Marshall that will never get them to a BCS game, over a BCS school like WVU that will be winning the BE 3 out of the 4 next years and going to a BCS bowl game. I guess playing time is more important to them.

Posted on: 1/19/2010 8:15 am

WMITC
From Here
I have to admit, this is starting to become a concern. I guess we won't know how much of a concern until we see who we actually get signed.

Posted on: 1/19/2010 8:53 am

Pitt Hater
From Grafton
At this rate we're not going to get anybody signed.

Posted on: 1/19/2010 9:04 am

Noob
From Vienna, WV
rjeran1,

As mentioned in other threads, these guys are probably just looking to get on the field as freshmen. Also, maybe all of the Stew and Mullen bashing these kids hear are enough to make them question how great a destination WVU is after all.

As for Marshall, I think they have a fair amount of tradition and have had their fair share of big names in the NFL so I wouldn't describe them as a 2 bit hack school. Obviously you're right about not getting to a major bowl but playing time and getting to the pros is what matters to a lot of these kids.

I can't really get on board with all of the Marshall bashing. I grew up in the middle of the state and have always been a fan of both schools. I'll always root for WVU over Marshall in Manchin's coal bowl though.

Posted on: 1/19/2010 10:42 am

Makin' it Rain
From Fairfax, Va
I had a bad feeling when Doc left he would start to get some our recruits. He must be a helluva of a recruiter to get these kids to switch from WVU to Marshall.

Posted on: 1/19/2010 10:48 am

Pitt Hater
From Buckhannon, WV
Marshall doesn't really have that much of tradition, all they have is the plane crash and the movie we are marshall. Thats about it. They can't pack a 35,000 stadium and thats including there opponents fans. Hunington is a cesspool of crime, and drugs. As well there facilities are High School sized compared to WVU, they also don't have the type of fan base WVU has. Randy Moss only went to Marshall because he would had to sit out a year for WVU. They've only produced a few good athletes maybe 6-7 out of Marshall that did well in the NFL. Also to get into the NFL (as in a draft prospect, first to third round) you want to be playing for a BCS team, as the talent you play helps you gain notoriety from NFL scouts, playing at Marshall doesn't. Most of there players had to be studs, i.e. Moss or they end up in free agency picks.

Posted on: 1/19/2010 12:15 pm

Pitt Hater
IT looks like Dorsey is going to go to Michigan ST. now. According to eersports.

Posted on: 1/19/2010 12:55 pm

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
If doc want to poach a WVU commit all he has to do is refer them to this site and they read how all the coaches suck and fans are all haters. This is a great site for doc.

Posted on: 1/19/2010 1:42 pm

Here for the Beer
Quote:
If doc want to poach a WVU commit all he has to do is refer them to this site and they read how all the coaches suck and fans are all haters. This is a great site for doc.

Post of the month.

Posted on: 1/19/2010 1:45 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From clarksburg,wv.
sandstone , funny you should bring that up. i was lurking on the turd site ,they actually brought this site up and were laughing that it was in total meltdown. dont agree with that but that is what they were saying.

Posted on: 1/19/2010 3:10 pm

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
i hope to god that Doc isn't using negative recruiting against us again like he did when he was at NC State, with Jarrett Brown. If I'm not mistaken he totally threw the university and state under the bus because he was pissed that DickRod didn't retain him on the staff.

Posted on: 1/20/2010 8:20 am

Party Machine
From New York, NY
So Millines makes 3 guys now heading to Marshall over WVU and Dorsey is going to Mich. St. Let's hope there aren't any others leaving a good class. Hopefully we can sway some other recruits to consider WVU. As far as WR goes, would love to get Ivan McCartney. Any word on this kid?

Posted on: 1/20/2010 9:48 am

Suspected Punter
Quote:

Sandstone56 wrote:

Post of the year.

Posted on: 1/20/2010 10:34 am

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved