We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 ... 13 »

FIRE HOLGERSON
Noob
From North Tazewell, VA
Ya know when we were under stew everyone in the world wanted rid of him. Said he didn't put fans in the seats and wasn't winning big east championships well guess what folks. We aren't winning big east championships with holgerson and our 45000 fans in the seat proves that neither is any different under holgerson. If we play this way in the big 12 the next 10 years is gonna be a lot of long days ahead folks.

Posted on: 11/5/2011 3:38 pm

Re: FIRE HOLGERSON
Gettin' Schmitty
From Robertsdale,Al via parkersburg
THIS SUCKS,I HATE LOSING!!!!!!!!!!!I STAYED HOME TODAY TO WATCH THIS CRAP!!!!!!!!!! I COULD HAVE GONE BOW HUNTING!!!!

Posted on: 11/5/2011 3:42 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Here for the Beer
From Saint Albans, WV
A little premature. He's only been the head coach for 6 months and is coaching someone else's recruits. Relax. Damn.

Posted on: 11/5/2011 3:48 pm

Here for the Beer
From GA
stupid thread

Posted on: 11/5/2011 3:50 pm

Here for the Beer
From GA
billy boy inherited a team that almost went to the national championship game.

Dana inherited a team that almost won a bowl game vs NC state

Posted on: 11/5/2011 3:51 pm

Makin' it Rain
Quote:

wvsouth1 wrote:
THIS SUCKS,I HATE LOSING!!!!!!!!!!!I STAYED HOME TODAY TO WATCH THIS CRAP!!!!!!!!!! I COULD HAVE GONE BOW HUNTING!!!!

The bows will be there tomorrow. It is painful to be a loyal fan. I hate losing. I love our team.

Posted on: 11/5/2011 3:54 pm

Party Machine
I agree give him time. I think he will be a good coach eventually and I don't think he is doing that bad of a job and neither did stew. We just are not that good. It's time for everybody to stop pretending like we are a national power. When we clearly are not, we had a couple really good seasons when we had a special qb. And now we are back to being the team we were before. Happens to a lot of mediocre teams. Wvu has not nor will they ever be a consistent national power

Posted on: 11/5/2011 3:55 pm

WMITC
From Houston, TX
Isn't this like our current president blaming the last president?

A coach should be able to motivate anyone. Even the last coach's team.

Posted on: 11/5/2011 3:57 pm

Pitt Hater
From Brooklyn, NY
seriously man...this is Dana's first year with a YOUNG defense. The difference between the two is that Billy boy would just stare blankly with that ****-pants look on his face and talk about what a great "hard hittin, west virginian effort we put forth, by golly" and go back to being useless

Holgorsen on the under hand is going to hold people accountable and do whatever it takes to get this team better.

these are not his players, they're learning a new system. it's ugly and it's frustrating, but it will be worth it with some patience....stupid thread

Posted on: 11/5/2011 3:58 pm

Here for the Beer
From GA
you can motivate all you want but that doesnt equate to talent

Posted on: 11/5/2011 3:59 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Orlando
Haha ok, So you wanna fire Dana.. who you want to hire?

besides your self.

Posted on: 11/5/2011 3:59 pm

Pitt Hater
From Brooklyn, NY
This loss can solely be blamed on Special Teams..sure the defense stunk it up, but when you're punter has 3 punts totaling 60 yards and you F'd up two field goal attempts you're probably not going to win many games

Dana is NOT the problem. the system is working and honestly I'm excited to see what it will look like in the second year.

Posted on: 11/5/2011 4:09 pm

Noob
From North Tazewell, VA
Hold accountable? Fix the mistakes? Hmmm didn't we still have an 11 and 12 yard punt? Didn't we still suck in special teams? Can't we still not run the ball consistently? Geno continues to drop the ball while throwing? Teach better mechanics? Still making history by losing to teams we haven't lost to in years? (last lose at home to louisville was 1990) Still can't stop the run? Exactly what problems is he fixing? any?

And here is the thing if you wanna say stew underachieved by reaching a crappy bowl game against nc state and holgerson has the same team aren't we still underachieving.

Idk who to hire but a coach with a little bit of head coaching experience and someone that can coach special teams would be a good start. Maybe even someone who had atleast heard of wv before starting to work here.

Posted on: 11/5/2011 4:10 pm

Suspected Punter
From Maryland
It will be good to hear all you eat you words in a year or two. If we still look this way in a couple years, I'll jump on the fire Holgy bandwagon.

This coach at least has some fire. It will take a little while for our players to pick it up but I believe it is coming.

Posted on: 11/5/2011 4:16 pm

WMITC
From Eastern Panhandle, WV
Quote:

wvufan21046 wrote:
It will be good to hear all you eat you words in a year or two. If we still look this way in a couple years, I'll jump on the fire Holgy bandwagon.

This coach at least has some fire. It will take a little while for our players to pick it up but I believe it is coming.

Posted on: 11/5/2011 4:18 pm

Pitt Hater
Quote:

navi8orgirl wrote:
Isn't this like our current president blaming the last president?

A coach should be able to motivate anyone. Even the last coach's team.

Very true.

I don't mind losing to a superior team (LSU), but Louisville started a bunch of freshman and is an average team that has a bright future. Today's loss should be a wake up call to anyone who thinks that Holgorsen is the answer....ultimately he may be and I pray that he is but the truth is that O. Luck rolled the dice on a talented offensive coordinator who had no track record as a head coach. We'll see if that gamble pays off.

Posted on: 11/5/2011 4:21 pm

Pitt Hater
From Brooklyn, NY
@ WV4Life: Do you not understand how many players we lost on defense. Not to mention the offense is learning a COMPLETELY NEW system. As for Special teams..the punting sucked earlier in the season and Holgy recently wenmt to Molinari ..who actually wasn't too bad until today...and yes I'm sure Holgy will hold him accountable and possibly make a change.

you sound kind of silly man...it's 9 games into the Holgy era and you're calling for his head...

Posted on: 11/5/2011 4:22 pm

Suspected Punter
From ST.Albans
Dude you are an idiot. What planet do you live on. We are not as good as we thought we were so what it happens. We are YOUNG ON DEFENSE so your opinions we blow the whole fucking thing up and fire everyone. Well dude are you gonna coach. We are West Virginia we dont have top tier coaches banging down tbe doors to coach here. This thread is stupid and so are you if everytime we lose you think we should fire everyone.

Posted on: 11/5/2011 4:22 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Fairfax, Va
We have a great O coordinator that's a terrible head coach. DH is not ready for prime time as a HC.

As much as we all hate RR - he's the only head coach we have had the the last 40 years that knew how to manage the clock.

We have a defensive coordinator that is great at halftime adjustments but is terrible coming up with a game plan. JC's game plan never changes. Bend to you break and rush 3 with 2nd or 3rd and long.

Our not so special teams have been TERRIBLE for a s long as I can remember.

Posted on: 11/5/2011 4:23 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Orlando
Still waiting on the haters, If you wanna fire people who you want to replace them with, There are only 2 D1 people out there, Mike Lycnh(i think is how you spell it ) or Rich Rod

Posted on: 11/5/2011 4:23 pm

(1) 2 3 4 ... 13 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved