Posted on: 12/3/2012 12:58 pm

Re: MTV Reality Show in WV
Gettin' Schmitty
Still looks more intelligent than Jersey Shore

Posted on: 12/3/2012 1:09 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
there are three words i thought i would never see in the same sentence: intelligent, jersey, and shore...

Posted on: 12/3/2012 1:18 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Winchester VA
How many scenes before one of them is sporting a cut-off fling-WV tank or a camo WV trucker hat. I think it will be awesome. At least every scene did not look like it was shot at trailer park under the bridge in Osage...(if you have been there you know what I mean)

Posted on: 12/3/2012 1:18 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
Quote:

wvbeta1610 wrote:
How many scenes before one of them is sporting a cut-off fling-WV tank or a camo WV trucker hat.

I doubt it. MTV won't license it.

The trailer isn't nearly as bad as I expected. As far as I'm concerned everything they do in the youtube video I've done myself. I didn't expect "Buck Wild" to remind me of growing up as a crazy hillbilly kid.

Posted on: 12/3/2012 8:45 pm

Here for the Beer
From morgantown
Quote:

delispam wrote:
Quote:

wvbeta1610 wrote:
How many scenes before one of them is sporting a cut-off fling-WV tank or a camo WV trucker hat.

I doubt it. MTV won't license it.

The trailer isn't nearly as bad as I expected. As far as I'm concerned everything they do in the youtube video I've done myself. I didn't expect "Buck Wild" to remind me of growing up as a crazy hillbilly kid.

I've seen WV hats on MTV before, I think it was on 16 and pregnant. Not saying I've watched the show but I saw it on a commercial.

Posted on: 12/3/2012 9:01 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Philadelphia, PA via Pittsburgh, PA
The couple that were on 16 and Pregnant, and are now on Teen Mom 2, are in Elkview and people have on WVU stuff almost in every episode.

Posted on: 12/3/2012 9:05 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Tampa, FL via Elkview, WV
Quote:

08WVUEer wrote:
The couple that were on 16 and Pregnant, and are now on Teen Mom 2, are in Elkview and people have on WVU stuff almost in every episode.

Look at what small town I am from.

Posted on: 12/3/2012 9:12 pm

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV

Posted on: 12/6/2012 9:57 am

Suspected Punter
From Milton, WV
I know Tyler Boulette and yeah they'll embarrass the state

Posted on: 12/7/2012 12:18 am
not changing this till WVU wins a national championship... starting 1/17/12 10:53 PM

Pitt Hater
Quote:
Staged - I am shocked.

Posted on: 12/7/2012 11:51 am

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
This train wreck is going to make the one from that movie with the train wreck look like a train wreck from a movie without a train wreck

Posted on: 12/7/2012 12:01 pm

Eat Shit Pitt

Grant Ave. Warrior
From LA
Quote:

08WVUEer wrote:

Oh great...

Posted on: 12/7/2012 12:17 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
I'm working on a pilot for TBS called 46 and Perturbed.

Posted on: 12/7/2012 12:22 pm

Eat Shit Pitt

They could have found some cuter mountain mammas.

Posted on: 12/7/2012 12:34 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Cleveland
Joe Manchin objects to MTV’s ‘Buckwild’ reality show

Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) isn’t too wild about MTV’s new reality show, “Buckwild.”

The show is scheduled to debut next month and follows a group of nine twenty-somethings living in and around Sissonville, W.Va., a town of just 4,000 residents. The program has been described as “The ‘Jersey Shore’ of Appalachia,” referring to the now-canceled reality show that earned the ire of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) and state lawmakers.

In the case of “Buckwild,” Manchin said he’s only seen previews for the show — but that the teases that staffers showed him were enough to compel him to send a letter Friday to MTV President Stephen Friedman asking that the network “put a stop to the travesty called ‘Buckwild.’”

“As a U.S. Senator, I am repulsed at this business venture, where some Americans are making money off of the poor decisions of our youth,” Manchin wrote. “I cannot imagine that anyone who loves this country would feel proud profiting off of ‘Buckwild.’”

“Instead of showcasing the beauty of our people and our state, you preyed on young people, coaxed them into displaying shameful behavior — and now you are profiting from it. That is just wrong.”

In an interview Thursday before sending the letter, Manchin repeatedly called MTV’s decision “just awful.”

“I have no problem with people in this country trying to earn a profit, but I would ask them: Would they do this to their own children, in their own neighborhood, in their own home state?” Manchin said.

The senator, clearly playing to the home state crowd, touted what he said are West Virginia’s strengths.

“This show plays to ugly, inaccurate stereotypes about the people of West Virginia,” he said. “Let me tell you: People have given their all for this great country. They’ve done the heavy lifting to produce the energy that is needed to produce the steel that builds our factories and cities,” he wrote. “The proud veterans of our state have shed more blood and made more sacrifices than most other states to keep America free.”

An MTV spokesman declined to comment on the senator’s letter but said the reality show is slated to run for 12 episodes beginning in January.

Manchin, a moderate Democrat, succeeded the late Sen. Robert C. Byrd (D) in 2010 and won his first six-year term last month with 60 percent of the vote. Since the election, he has become more visible on the Hill, now often stopping to speak with reporters in the halls that he avoided for most of his first year in office.

Some news reports this week suggested that Manchin is slated to earn a plum assignment on the Senate Banking Committee, but he declined to say Thursday whether he’s joining the panel, noting that those decisions will not be announced until early next year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2 ... vs-buckwild-reality-show/

Posted on: 12/7/2012 1:22 pm

Via Twitter, 10/7/12: Nick Arthur @NarthurD

Pitt Hater
From My heart is in WV
People are already paying too much attention to this show, who cares what MTV puts on the air? I understand the negative light WV usually has cast on it, but come on. These kids are doing what most bored country folk would be doing. I'm sure they could easily say these are kids from Tennessee and no one would know any different. I think we are too worried about our image to realize that the chances of this show doing any real damage to the reputation of West Virginia are pretty much nill. If it were a show with middle aged adults who are illiterate or who are in relations with their family then I could see why people would be up in arms but just showing immature kids parting and having fun? I don't get what the fuss is about.

Posted on: 12/7/2012 3:53 pm

WMITC
From Parkersburg, WV
Quote:

iz10 wrote:
People are already paying too much attention to this show, who cares what MTV puts on the air? I understand the negative light WV usually has cast on it, but come on. These kids are doing what most bored country folk would be doing. I'm sure they could easily say these are kids from Tennessee and no one would know any different. I think we are too worried about our image to realize that the chances of this show doing any real damage to the reputation of West Virginia are pretty much nill. If it were a show with middle aged adults who are illiterate or who are in relations with their family then I could see why people would be up in arms but just showing immature kids parting and having fun? I don't get what the fuss is about.

+1

We might be the most hypersensitive state in the country when it comes to these things.

Good thing Manchin weighed in. There is no such thing as bad publicity in these situations.

Did the politicos of whatever state honey boo boo is from do the same thing? Upon reflection, probably.

Posted on: 12/7/2012 5:04 pm

Eat Shit Pitt

Anyone else watch last night?

I, for one, was pretty disappointed. They showed EVERYTHING even semi-interesting in the trailers.

Half the girls in the cast must be from Marshall (ugly heifers), and all the guys think they're Johnny Knoxville.

And it's SOOO scripted it's not even funny.

Posted on: 1/4/2013 12:54 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
Quote:

wvmtneer wrote:

Did the politicos of whatever state honey boo boo is from do the same thing? Upon reflection, probably.

Open in new window

Posted on: 1/4/2013 1:00 pm

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved