Makin' it Rain
From Canonsburg, PA
Quote:

WVUJersey wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
I agree with everyone’s view above on the Trump comment. Not sure he understood the consequences of what he was saying.

Also agree with “when did the govt ever take something away that they gave back?”. There are likely some examples...but none that I can think of.

Booze (prohibition)

Took a LOT of bloodshed before they did too.

Fortunately some people had automatic weapons or we never would have gotten the booze back.

Wait.....automatic weapons were illegal......people had those back then? Didn't they need background checks and licenses for them? I am betting some of those guys circumvented the checks. You think?

Posted on: 3/8 4:26 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Yet another school massacre post-mortem analysis

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

EERY wrote:
[youtube=425,350][/youtube]

Amen

1. Most mass shootings do not occur in gun free zones. it isn't even close. 10% of mass shootings occur in gun free zones.
2. Family planning? Is there even a correlation?
3. He doesn't understand the scope of the 2nd Amendment. There isn't a right to any arm you want. There isn't a right to own a weapon without any regulation, like a waiting period or a background check. He routinely says that gun control proponents are infringing on 2nd Amendment rights for proposals that are not infringing on any 2nd Amendment right.
4. He really hits on the big issue--fear. The slippery slope argument--what are you going to take next?--shows a lack of reason. It is not reasonable to vote against a gun control measure because you think there may be a different and more restrictive bill in the future. At best, that is a rationalization. At worst, it is being disingenuous. Either way, it is the definition of unreasonable.
5. He doesn't understand the history of the civil rights movement and the shifting of ideologies between the Republicans and Democrats. That lack of historical context is getting old, and his use of it is particularly hypocritical given that he is accusing people with whom he disagrees of name calling and other hyperbole. That is exactly what he is doing.
6. I do agree with some of what he said, but he could have at least practiced what he preached. If he wants to be an example for a reasoned discourse, he can feel free to start any time.

Posted on: 3/8 4:37 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Didn’t watch...lemme guess...

Guns equal freedom...country built on freedom/guns...liberals want to take your guns and control you...I won’t let that happen...everyone feels for the victims...throw in hunting stories with grandpa...and he likely mentioned mental health.

Did I miss anything?

Your reply really doesn't help your cause. I'll bet you are one of those that says you have an open mind.

Maybe you should take 7 minutes, you might learn something.

I need an open mind to understand what has been said after every single school shooting? Did you watch the video? Please tell me what part wasn’t the same old recycled NRA arguments?

You can do the research in this thread yourself. I’m not a gun grabber.

There was absolutely nothing new or noteworthy in that video to “learn”.

Posted on: 3/8 5:36 pm

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Amen

1. Most mass shootings do not occur in gun free zones. it isn't even close. 10% of mass shootings occur in gun free zones.
2. Family planning? Is there even a correlation?
3. He doesn't understand the scope of the 2nd Amendment. There isn't a right to any arm you want. There isn't a right to own a weapon without any regulation, like a waiting period or a background check. He routinely says that gun control proponents are infringing on 2nd Amendment rights for proposals that are not infringing on any 2nd Amendment right.
4. He really hits on the big issue--fear. The slippery slope argument--what are you going to take next?--shows a lack of reason. It is not reasonable to vote against a gun control measure because you think there may be a different and more restrictive bill in the future. At best, that is a rationalization. At worst, it is being disingenuous. Either way, it is the definition of unreasonable.
5. He doesn't understand the history of the civil rights movement and the shifting of ideologies between the Republicans and Democrats. That lack of historical context is getting old, and his use of it is particularly hypocritical given that he is accusing people with whom he disagrees of name calling and other hyperbole. That is exactly what he is doing.
6. I do agree with some of what he said, but he could have at least practiced what he preached. If he wants to be an example for a reasoned discourse, he can feel free to start any time.

Open in new window

Posted on: 3/8 5:40 pm

Pitt Hater
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:

Guns equal freedom...country built on freedom/guns...liberals want to take your guns and control you...I won’t let that happen...everyone feels for the victims...throw in hunting stories with grandpa...and he likely mentioned mental health.

Did I miss anything?

Your reply really doesn't help your cause. I'll bet you are one of those that says you have an open mind.

I need an open mind to understand what has been said after every single school shooting? Did you watch the video? Please tell me what part wasn’t the same old recycled NRA arguments?

Did you watch the video? You said you didn't.
I'll tell you yes, I did watch the video and no it was not what you spoke of and I never said anything about you being a gun grabber.
So, when did you stop beating your wife?

Posted on: 3/9 8:00 am

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:

Did I miss anything?

I'll tell you yes, I did watch the video and no it was not what you spoke of and I never said anything about you being a gun grabber.

He said he watched the video before you started criticizing him for not watching the video.

Posted on: 3/9 2:31 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:

Ah..sorry, I see what you are saying. I did pop off about not watching the video but then felt bad when told that my assumption was wrong. So I did go back and watch it.

Rereading it, I could have made that more clear.

I still stand by my comments about the video after watching it. He’s a good speaker and he’s got some fire...but his message is all over the place.

“I don’t trust the other side, they’re all gutters of the 2nd amendment! Now if we could just show mutual respect the conversation can start.”

Open in new window

Posted on: 3/9 5:23 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
You have Diane Feinstein to thank for that, and her infamous “Mr and Mrs. America turn em all in” quote. She made it clear long ago that any measure of gun control was a victory, but the agenda is an across the board ban. Now we understand that not everyone feels to that degree about gun control, but it’s clear that others do. You can assume that people are pulling the slippery slope analogy out of their backside, but the reasoning is based on more than just an assumption.

Posted on: 3/9 8:29 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

EERY wrote:
You have Diane Feinstein to thank for that, and her infamous “Mr and Mrs. America turn em all in” quote. She made it clear long ago that any measure of gun control was a victory, but the agenda is an across the board ban. Now we understand that not everyone feels to that degree about gun control, but it’s clear that others do. You can assume that people are pulling the slippery slope analogy out of their backside, but the reasoning is based on more than just an assumption.

Diane Feinstein does not represent 90% of Democrats. She can’t have my guns and I’ll fight to make sure she doesn’t take yours either.

Posted on: 3/10 1:51 am

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Diane Feinstein does not represent 90% of Democrats. She can’t have my guns and I’ll fight to make sure she doesn’t take yours either.

Well said. Honestly I believe if more people on the left would make that very same proclamation, you would see a lot more people on the right more willing to compromise over new gun regulations.

I personally do not own an AR15 or AK47, but do own a number of magazine fed semi autos. (Mostly pistol and a few rifles) I have a few friends that do, but they actually use them to hunt with. I personally prefer more conventional rifles for hunting.

I have shot an AR that had a bump fire stock installed. I didn’t like it. I couldn’t get it to work properly. You pretty much have to shoot from the hip, and I couldn’t think of anything that it could be used for except for mass destruction. I wouldn’t even want one for a SHTF gun. In that instance I would need to make every shot count. Fully auto is very wasteful in almost every situation when a person has a limited supply. On top of that, I want to be in control of every shot that I fire. I am accountable for everyone that I do. A bump fire makes it impossible to be in that level of control. In my opinion it is not safe, and it is not a good idea to just let anyone without a certain amount of training be able to use one.

Posted on: 3/10 11:26 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
I don’t like any of set for life congressfolk on either side (sorry, ghost of Byrd). Just the mention of the names Feinstein, Pelosi, McConnell, etc. make the other side immediately say NOPE!

Apparently Feinstein is facing a tough primary.

Posted on: 3/10 2:06 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
I don’t like any of set for life congressfolk on either side (sorry, ghost of Byrd). Just the mention of the names Feinstein, Pelosi, McConnell, etc. make the other side immediately say NOPE!

Open in new window

Posted on: 3/10 3:19 pm

Pitt Hater

Posted on: 3/15 6:30 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:

Apparently Feinstein is facing a tough primary.

AGREED

Posted on: 3/15 8:23 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

Great read

Posted on: 3/15 8:24 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

Great read

Yeah, I heard a similar report, on NPR, while driving to work. Thank God I only have a 20 minute drive or I might be swinging to the other side. ha-ha.

Posted on: 3/15 10:56 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

Great read

Yeah, I heard a similar report, on NPR, while driving to work. Thank God I only have a 20 minute drive or I might be swinging to the other side. ha-ha.

I also thought that the Florida state representative (can’t remember her name) had a good point when she said something along the line of: not smart to let the kids set policy. Sure listen to them, but the adults with more life experience are elected to make the actual policy.

Posted on: 3/15 11:23 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
Quote:

Great read

I also thought that the Florida state representative (can’t remember her name) had a good point when she said something along the line of: not smart to let the kids set policy. Sure listen to them, but the adults with more life experience are elected to make the actual policy.

Could not agree more. Here is a good example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHVAWDamvQ This child(I'm sorry, she is 18) has valid points however, she is not wise enough to understand what was said. Yeah and the transplanted liberal Sheriff ain't to bright either.

Posted on: 3/15 11:49 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

joedaddyski wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:

Did I miss anything?

He said he watched the video before you started criticizing him for not watching the video.

Even-though I mostly disagree with you,I actually enjoy reading your comments, you do spread some knowledge.
To the point and the reason for my responding here is simple, you called me out here you are just flat out wrong.

Carry on.

Posted on: 3/16 9:03 am

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Ohio Student Suspended for Refusing to Leave Classroom During Gun Control Walkout
https://ijr.com/2018/03/1076385-ohio-s ... using-to-leave-classroom/

Posted on: 3/16 12:01 pm

« 1 ... 277 278 279 (280) 281 282 283 ... 287 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved