We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 284 285 286 (287)

Re: Yet another school massacre post-mortem analysis
Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
ACE hardware reverses decision and resumes advertising with Laura Ingraham. Didnt somebody on here say that she lost and everybody who rallied with her and suppirted her were scared? What does that make her and us now?

Posted on: 4/14 8:01 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:
ACE hardware reverses decision and resumes advertising with Laura Ingraham. Didnt somebody on here say that she lost and everybody who rallied with her and suppirted her were scared? What does that make her and us now?

One reversed their decision...23 more and she wins.

Premature celebration gets no points...

Open in new window

Posted on: 4/15 9:49 am

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

wvufan1818 wrote:

One reversed their decision...23 more and she wins.

Premature celebration gets no points...

Open in new window

And their stocks will continue to drop

Posted on: 4/16 10:21 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Sooo.... Laura Ingraham's viewership jumps up 20 percent since the liberal boycott.

https://archive.fo/8Xwj1#selection-2279.0-2279.76

I bet those 23 companies would have enjoyed the 20 percent increase in potential buyers. Oh well. That's what happens when you follow a losers idea.

Posted on: 4/16 10:58 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Was just making conversation until something interesting happened in politics. Didn’t take long! Thanks Michael Cohen!

Headed back to the other threads. Can come back to this one after the next school shooting.

Which more than likely won’t occur in one of the schools that decided to have firearms available to approved people on site for protective purposes.

I speak as someone who is a teacher with a doctorate and has also completed significant small arms training to holds a concealed carry permit in Virginia as well as Krav Maga.

I do not want to carry guns in my school, but if tasked with it I would reluctantly do it. There are several colleagues I DO NOT WANT to have a gun in my presence.

Guns do not belong in school. Virginia schools are like impenetrable fortresses...

The county I’m originally from place an armed officer at each school. They showed up in the morning, parked their car in a highly visible location at the school. I imagine for the most part it would be a little boring for the policeman, but they would feel as if they are fulfilling a great duty for their community.

Posted on: 4/17 11:16 am

From Charlottesville, Virginia
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Was just making conversation until something interesting happened in politics. Didn’t take long! Thanks Michael Cohen!

Headed back to the other threads. Can come back to this one after the next school shooting.

Which more than likely won’t occur in one of the schools that decided to have firearms available to approved people on site for protective purposes.

I speak as someone who is a teacher with a doctorate and has also completed significant small arms training to holds a concealed carry permit in Virginia as well as Krav Maga.

I do not want to carry guns in my school, but if tasked with it I would reluctantly do it. There are several colleagues I DO NOT WANT to have a gun in my presence.

Guns do not belong in school. Virginia schools are like impenetrable fortresses...

The county I’m originally from place an armed officer at each school. They showed up in the morning, parked their car in a highly visible location at the school. I imagine for the most part it would be a little boring for the policeman, but they would feel as if they are fulfilling a great duty for their community.

Back in the day Fairfax County had designated police officers for schools, but they were only patrols who went from school to school during the day. I was riding my dirt bike with my friend on the back on school grounds and one showed up and honked his horn at us to come over. I asked my friend what he wanted to do and he said,"Take off!" So, I did. I wasn't tased and charged with six offenses because he didn't catch us.

Posted on: 4/17 11:57 am

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
Lol that does bring back memories from my teens when riding on the back roads was illegal in WV. Just hop on a trail through the woods, and you were good to go. That is as long as the police didn’t know where the trail came out, and could get there before you did.

Posted on: 4/17 5:28 pm

Quote:

EERY wrote:
Lol that does bring back memories from my teens when riding on the back roads was illegal in WV. Just hop on a trail through the woods, and you were good to go. That is as long as the police didn’t know where the trail came out, and could get there before you did.

When Fairfax was being overdeveloped with houses we would go to the new subdivisions and race our bikes on the freshly graded roads before they laid the asphalt. Sometimes the security would show up and then it was on like Donkey Kong. It was totally unfair because no way some semi retired dude driving an F 150 was going to catch some reckless kid on a 125 or 250. We were laughing the whole time while these guys would be bouncing around in their cabs with shovels and tool boxes flying out of the bed while we were screaming "yard sale." They got so mad at us. Go figure.

Posted on: 4/17 6:59 pm

Pitt Hater
From Madhattan
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

When Fairfax was being overdeveloped with houses we would go to the new subdivisions and race our bikes on the freshly graded roads before they laid the asphalt. Sometimes the security would show up and then it was on like Donkey Kong. It was totally unfair because no way some semi retired dude driving an F 150 was going to catch some reckless kid on a 125 or 250. We were laughing the whole time while these guys would be bouncing around in their cabs with shovels and tool boxes flying out of the bed while we were screaming "yard sale." They got so mad at us. Go figure.

Ha! No agenda - Just curious - how would you handle it if you discovered that children in your care were doing the exact same thing today?

Posted on: 4/17 8:04 pm

Quote:

hill_William wrote:
Quote:

Eers88 wrote:
Quote:

EERY wrote:

Ha! No agenda - Just curious - how would you handle it if you discovered that children in your care were doing the exact same thing today?

Of course you have to tell them not to do it. Maybe confiscate the bike for a little while. Inside I would be laughing about it. It is definitely a different world now. The legal consequences would be much worse today then back then.

Posted on: 4/17 8:17 pm

Makin' it Rain
From North Central, WV
You can’t encourage such actions as a responsible parent. In my case I don’t have to worry about it. My wife won’t even let me get the kids a mini bike let alone anything that’s powered with something more substantial than a riding lawn mower engine.

Posted on: 4/18 11:59 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
Quote:

EERY wrote:
You can’t encourage such actions as a responsible parent. In my case I don’t have to worry about it. My wife won’t even let me get the kids a mini bike let alone anything that’s powered with something more substantial than a riding lawn mower engine.

That’s just wrong! (Just kidding...you two raise them how you like).

My first ride...age 9. 1978 Honda XR75 (google images...not mine).

Open in new window

Last dirt bike, age 15...1981 Yamaha YZ250.

Open in new window

Both were used...we didn’t have money for new stuff back in those days. Hell we worked on them almost as much as we rode them. Incredible memories.

Posted on: 4/19 7:29 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From durham, nc
I never got into four-wheelers. The side-by-sides that are all the rage now are cool for a 47 year old like me...but my 15 year old self would kick dirt in their faces, lol.

Posted on: 4/19 7:31 pm

My first dirt bike. It was small but it kept up with my buddy's Bultaco 250.

Open in new window

Posted on: 4/27 2:55 pm

« 1 ... 284 285 286 (287)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved