We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

Spam
Makin' it Rain
From Tampa, FL via Elkview, WV
What is up with all the spam lately? Is there not ways to deter this type of activity?

Posted on: 5/24/2013 5:21 am

Re: Spam
Pitt Hater
From Killadelphia
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I definitely don't come here as much as I use to because I don't enjoy coming here as much anymore because the entire front page is always spam.

I used to own/run an automotive forum and we tried all kinds of different capha's and spam still got through so I know its tough but come on, there's got to be something to fix this. What we ended up having to do was have the moderators approve/deny all new accounts. Its was kind of a pain in the ass especially for new people who want to join and start posting right away, not wait several hours for approval, by that time they may have lost interest in what they wanted to say, but until something gets figured out maybe that could help.

Posted on: 5/24/2013 9:25 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Sugar Land, Texas

Posted on: 5/24/2013 3:41 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

WMITC
I returned to school to finish up a degree a couple of years ago. Between that and work I've had 0 time to keep this site running well. I just graduated a week ago. I plan on rewriting the entire site this summer, once I find a new job and get situated. Sorry for the slow response on spam removal and lack of updates, hang in there. Thanks for visiting the site.

Posted on: 5/25/2013 12:09 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Makin' it Rain
From Tampa, FL via Elkview, WV
I really like this place but all this spam with no apparent answer to it may drive me away until it is fixed. I don't want that because I like the atmosphere here but c'mon!

Posted on: 5/29/2013 6:17 pm

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved