We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

 
Fukushima Radation

Joined:
4/9/2008 12:11 pm
From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Posts: 14445
Now...this has not been vetted and seems to appear only on the fringe websites, so I am not claiming any credibility to the info.


http://www.pakalertpress.com/2013/06/ ... -killing-north-americans/.


http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/2013/ ... tream-propaganda-machine/


http://thesurvivalplaceblog.com/tag/f ... llution-of-pacific-ocean/

Open in new window


Open in new window



Some of the highlights:


In July 2012, 36% of Japanese children screened had abnormal thyroid growths. Months later an illness called the “Fukushima syndrome” was killing cattle throughout Fukushima Prefecture.

Mutations were found in butterflies and other insects. Their shorter life cycles allow genetic disruptions to show up sooner than in humans or other mammals.

“Pacific bluefin tuna caught off San Diego in August 2011 was found to contain radioactive cesium 10 times higher than fish seized in previous years….” Perhaps its much higher now.


On April 11, Bloomberg.com headlined “Tepco Faces Decision to Dump Radioactive Water in Pacific,” saying:

“Leaks were found in three of seven pits in the past week….” Options for moving contaminated water are limited.

“With Japan’s rainy season approaching, contaminated water levels are likely to increase…”



On March 11, 2013, nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen said “(t)here’s definitely a large crack, perhaps five inches in diameter, in Fukushima reactor 2.”


On April 24, Natural News headlined “Massive, uncontained leak at Fukushima is pouring over 710 billion becquerels of radioactive materials into atmosphere,”




Last November, independent testing in Japan showed 65 per cent of the catches tested positive for cesium (a radioactive material).



Cesium levels in the Pacific had initially gone up an astonishing 45 million times above pre-accident levels. The levels then declined rapidly for a while, but after that, they unexpectedly levelled off.

In July, cesium levels stopped declining and remained stuck at 10,000 times above pre-accident levels.

This means the ocean isn’t diluting the radiation as expected. If it had been, cesium levels would have kept falling.


Samples of milk taken across the United States have shown radiation at levels 2000 percent higher than EPA maximums.

The Vancouver Sun reported one year ago that the seaweed tested from waters off the coast of British Columbia were 4 times the amount considered safe.


Open in new window


Open in new window


Open in new window


Open in new window



Open in new window

Open in new window


Posted on: 7/19/2013 2:39 pm
_________________
We couldn't beat a freshman VT QB.....sad
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Party Machine
Joined:
4/29/2007 10:53 pm
From Northern WV
Posts: 661
Placing a nuclear reactor in one of the most geologically active areas in the world....
Open in new window

Posted on: 7/19/2013 2:46 pm
_________________
Almost Heaven, West Virginia
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Webmaster
Joined:
2/11/2012 10:32 pm
From Seattle
Posts: 6752
Just out of curiousity...how do you find this stuff? Do you read these sites regularly?

As for the actual info, the images are meaningless. The one with the NOAA label lists units in cm. I have no idea what that image is actually showing but you can't measure radiation levels in cm. The other image doesn't show any info on what is actually measured. Also, these are remote sensing images and I know of no satellites with the ability to measure radiation of that type in seawater.

Posted on: 7/19/2013 2:59 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Party Machine
Joined:
4/29/2007 10:53 pm
From Northern WV
Posts: 661
BTW stanleywvu is right, the second map is a map of the initial wave heights during the tsunami.

Posted on: 7/19/2013 3:07 pm
_________________
Almost Heaven, West Virginia
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/20/2008 1:23 pm
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Posts: 7335
Thank god....a thread that isn't about the trial.


My take is that blogs of that nature generally cater to a crowd that seeks out extreme interpretations of data...and rewards them with it to build more traffic.


Having said that, the situation clearly warrants more serious examination.

Posted on: 7/20/2013 7:10 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Account_Deleted
Quote:
Thank god....a thread that isn't about the trial. My take is that blogs of that nature generally cater to a crowd that seeks out extreme interpretations of data...and rewards them with it to build more traffic. Having said that, the situation clearly warrants more serious examination.


Did'ent you hear! It was the Radation from Fukushima that gave the 260 lb Zimmerman the speed to chase down that 17 to year old football player!

Posted on: 7/20/2013 3:55 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Webmaster
Joined:
2/11/2012 10:32 pm
From Seattle
Posts: 6752
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
Thank god....a thread that isn't about the trial.


My take is that blogs of that nature generally cater to a crowd that seeks out extreme interpretations of data...and rewards them with it to build more traffic.


Having said that, the situation clearly warrants more serious examination.


Extreme interpretation? Bald faced lies is more accurate, in my opinion. And yeah, I know they get traffic that way but not sure why. Do people read it for entertainment or really believe it? Just curious.

Posted on: 7/20/2013 5:59 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/20/2008 1:23 pm
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Posts: 7335
My opinion?

Some people thrive on conspiracy. On being the one person in the room that gets it...that isn't one of the sheeple.

These fringe blogs feed that. Once in a blue moon they get it right, but even a broken clock is correct twice a day.


Edit: you assume lies when there is a possibility of the author of the blog simply not understanding what they were looking at, or wanting to see something that wasn't there.

Posted on: 7/22/2013 8:24 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
8/2/2010 10:50 am
From Canonsburg, PA
Posts: 4701
Quote:
On April 24, Natural News headlined “Massive, uncontained leak at Fukushima is pouring over 710 billion becquerels of radioactive materials into atmosphere,”



This is an example of a headline which may be technically correct and it will spread fear but is really blown out of proportion.

1 becquerel is one nucleus decaying. So how long did this happen. 710 billion decays per second over a few hours of days would not surprise me. Realize that 235 grams of uranium has 6.023 X 10^23 nuclei and the Fukushima plant had about 2 metric tons of uranium so.....you can do the math about how many nuclei there were and how many nuclei would decay during that period. I am going to say the number above is not out of reason and I would not be too concerned about be exposed to that halfway around the world.

While these pictures may be real I would be suspicious that they have much to do with the Fukushima plant.

I don't know if you saw it but the plant manager died recently.

http://rt.com/news/fukushima-manager-yoshida-dies-cancer-829/

How many toady managers do you know that would have done what he did? I don't think I know very many.

Posted on: 7/22/2013 9:23 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Webmaster
Joined:
2/11/2012 10:32 pm
From Seattle
Posts: 6752
Quote:

zwaaa wrote:
My opinion?

Some people thrive on conspiracy. On being the one person in the room that gets it...that isn't one of the sheeple.


You're probably right but ironically by believing in unfounded conspiracies they become the ultimate sheeple, in my opinion.

Quote:

Edit: you assume lies when there is a possibility of the author of the blog simply not understanding what they were looking at, or wanting to see something that wasn't there.

Well in most of the conspiracies of this type that I've seen someone is flat out lying. UFO conspiracies are the best where people fake photography, etc. As for this case, NOAA labels its maps very clearly. Someone specifically took a clearly labeled map and just pretended that it showed something it didn't. This then gets picked up by a bunch of other blogs and presented as fact. So yeah, maybe some of those blogs do believe what they're saying and are not intentionally lying. But the source of this stuff almost always involved a clear lie based on the ones I've seen.

Posted on: 7/22/2013 11:39 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Webmaster
Joined:
2/11/2012 10:32 pm
From Seattle
Posts: 6752
Quote:

brobison wrote:

While these pictures may be real I would be suspicious that they have much to do with the Fukushima plant.


Yeah if you do a searches for mutant or large vegetables you can find tons of pictures like this with dates well before Fukushima.

Posted on: 7/22/2013 11:57 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Makin' it Rain
Joined:
12/9/2009 10:45 am
From durham, nc
Posts: 4981
Quote:

brobison wrote:

This is an example of a headline which may be technically correct and it will spread fear but is really blown out of proportion.

1 becquerel is one nucleus decaying. So how long did this happen. 710 billion decays per second over a few hours of days would not surprise me. Realize that 235 grams of uranium has 6.023 X 10^23 nuclei and the Fukushima plant had about 2 metric tons of uranium so.....you can do the math about how many nuclei there were and how many nuclei would decay during that period. I am going to say the number above is not out of reason and I would not be too concerned about be exposed to that halfway around the world.


Open in new window

Posted on: 7/22/2013 1:32 pm
_________________
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

I don't stand by anything. ~Donald J. Trump
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/29/2008 4:48 pm
From Deadwood, Lakota Territory
Posts: 8163
But Avogadro's Constant is COOL.

Posted on: 7/22/2013 2:27 pm
_________________
Liberal, Progressive, Socialist, Globalist Fascists in BOTH parties are trying to take over the U.S.A.

Help us Eric Cartman, YOU are our only hope.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
7/20/2008 1:23 pm
From Just barely outside the Beltway.
Posts: 7335
Quote:

eer_4da_beer wrote:
Quote:

brobison wrote:

This is an example of a headline which may be technically correct and it will spread fear but is really blown out of proportion.

1 becquerel is one nucleus decaying. So how long did this happen. 710 billion decays per second over a few hours of days would not surprise me. Realize that 235 grams of uranium has 6.023 X 10^23 nuclei and the Fukushima plant had about 2 metric tons of uranium so.....you can do the math about how many nuclei there were and how many nuclei would decay during that period. I am going to say the number above is not out of reason and I would not be too concerned about be exposed to that halfway around the world.


Open in new window





Posted on: 7/22/2013 4:30 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation

Joined:
4/9/2008 12:11 pm
From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Posts: 14445
Quote:

stanleywvu wrote:
Just out of curiousity...how do you find this stuff? Do you read these sites regularly?


No I do not...and I CLEARLY CLEARLY prefaced the post saying I had no idea the credibility.

I saw it on Facebook.

Posted on: 7/22/2013 6:37 pm
_________________
We couldn't beat a freshman VT QB.....sad
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Webmaster
Joined:
2/11/2012 10:32 pm
From Seattle
Posts: 6752
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
No I do not...and I CLEARLY CLEARLY prefaced the post saying I had no idea the credibility.

I saw it on Facebook.


Yeah, I was just wondering how people even find it. I see stuff like this quite often on here but have just never understood how people even run across it. I never seem to except on here. It makes sense that people get exposed to it on facebook. I'm hardly ever on there so guess I just never see it. Anyway, was just curious.

Posted on: 7/22/2013 6:47 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
2/2/2008 6:30 pm
Posts: 9151
Anyone ever seen the Simpson's episode with the 3 eyed fish in the lake outside the nuclear plant and Monty Burns blames it on evolution including an infomercial featuring Charles Darwin while he's running for political office? Classic and pure genius! I have nothing else to add..

Posted on: 7/22/2013 7:54 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Account_Deleted
Quote:
Anyone ever seen the Simpson's episode with the 3 eyed fish in the lake outside the nuclear plant and Monty Burns blames it on evolution including an infomercial featuring Charles Darwin while he's running for political office? Classic and pure genius! I have nothing else to add..


I Must see this.

Posted on: 7/23/2013 12:35 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation
Gettin' Schmitty
Joined:
2/2/2008 6:30 pm
Posts: 9151
Here's the link to the full episode.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl ... &v=wJB9_8BrgAQ&nomobile=1

unfortunately it's not free but it's well worth the $1.99 if you've never seen it.... If anyone can find a free link feel free to post it...

Posted on: 7/23/2013 1:37 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 


 
Re: Fukushima Radation

Joined:
4/9/2008 12:11 pm
From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Posts: 14445
http://news.yahoo.com/insight-disaste ... lear-clean-102627980.html

Containing radiation equivalent to 14,000 times the amount released in the atomic bomb attack on Hiroshima 68 years ago, more than 1,300 used fuel rod assemblies packed tightly together need to be removed from a building that is vulnerable to collapse, should another large earthquake hit the area.

Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco) is already in a losing battle to stop radioactive water overflowing from another part of the facility, and experts question whether it will be able to pull off the removal of all the assemblies successfully.

...

That could lead to a worse disaster than the March 2011 nuclear crisis at the Fukushima plant, the world's most serious since Chernobyl in 1986.

No one knows how bad it can get, but independent consultants Mycle Schneider and Antony Froggatt said recently in their World Nuclear Industry Status Report 2013: "Full release from the Unit-4 spent fuel pool, without any containment or control, could cause by far the most serious radiological disaster to date."

Posted on: 8/15/2013 1:26 pm
_________________
We couldn't beat a freshman VT QB.....sad
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
 



(1) 2 3 4 5 »




Login
Username:

Password:

remember me





Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved