We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 42 »

Re: WVU BBall Thread for Things that Don't Need their Own Thread
Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Beilien's Wolverines about to lose to Eastern Michigan after losing to NJIT. Fire Beilien

Posted on: 12/9/2014 10:43 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Grant Ave. Warrior
I knew Michigan was in trouble this season. I was watching one of their earlier games and they were saying that Spike Albrecht was going to be one of their best players this year. I knew that could not be good for them. Their biggest problem is they seem like a typical Belein team, all finesse. They just are not shooting the three ball very well.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 11:16 pm

Pitt Hater
Yeah the play at Arizona in a few days. They'll probably win that game.

Posted on: 12/9/2014 11:22 pm

Pitt Hater
From St. Louis, MO
We saw it when Belien was here, live and die by the 3 point shot. They for 1 of 10

Posted on: 12/9/2014 11:47 pm

Pitt Hater
From Killadelphia
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsport ... -classic-field-announced/

Thought this was pretty awesome. Of all the tourneys throughout the regular season, I usually like the Jimmy V Classic the most, well besides whichever one WVU is playing in. But next year we wil be a part of that tournament. We will play Virginia in the opening round.

Posted on: 12/10/2014 11:19 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From nj - wv - ca
Beilein will probably leave at the end of the year for a place "he can recruit better at", then whoever takes over for him will have 5 good years, but in his 6th year it will be shitty, Michigan fans will call for his head, cause he won w/beilein's guys...story of beilein's career, gets credit for the success of his teams for years even after he's gone.

Posted on: 12/10/2014 12:20 pm

Pitt Hater
From St. Louis, MO
Uhhh

Posted on: 12/11/2014 12:06 am

Pitt Hater
From Spartanburg, SC via Boone County WV
Quote:

TheMac wrote:
Beilein will probably leave at the end of the year for a place "he can recruit better at", then whoever takes over for him will have 5 good years, but in his 6th year it will be shitty, Michigan fans will call for his head, cause he won w/beilein's guys...story of beilein's career, gets credit for the success of his teams for years even after he's gone.

LOL

Posted on: 12/11/2014 2:58 am

Makin' it Rain
From new york, new york
Arizona beats Michigan by at least 25.

Posted on: 12/11/2014 9:24 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Huggs in town here in south central ohio recruiting a 6-5 freshman. The kids coach played for Huggs at UC.

Attach file:

jpg  image.jpg (994.77 KB)
56_548b9fcad6961.jpg 3264X2448 px

Posted on: 12/12/2014 9:11 pm

I-79 Alumni

Makin' it Rain
From Philadelphia, PA via Pittsburgh, PA
http://m.theet.com/sports/wvu/huggins ... be6dc2af20e.html?mode=jqm

Marshall wants to switch to a home and home series with WVU instead of playing in Charleston. Huggs said he's only interested in doing what is best for WVU and if it isn't played in Charleston he's not interested in continuing it at all. He said our real rivals are teams like Pitt, VTech, and Virginia.

Posted on: 12/13/2014 5:51 pm

Pitt Hater
From Columbus, OH (via Belpre, OH)
Quote:

southwvboy wrote:
Huggs in town here in south central ohio recruiting a 6-5 freshman. The kids coach played for Huggs at UC.

I see a tank on the wall. Is that, by chance, in Chillicothe? What's the kid's name?

Posted on: 12/13/2014 6:49 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Yeah. Unioto High. Paint Valley High is the team Dylan Swingle the kid Huggs is looking at plays for. He's listed at 6'8 I guess. Either way he's tall. The top player in the league down here Enrique Holsey plays for Unioto and is also a really good football player. He and another kid from Unioto were up for the TCU game getting looked at by Holgy as part of the '16 football class.

I from a little town called Frankfort which is 15 min west of Chillicothe. Adena High School.

Posted on: 12/13/2014 7:39 pm

I-79 Alumni

Pitt Hater
Quote:

southwvboy wrote:
Yeah. Unioto High. Paint Valley High is the team Dylan Swingle the kid Huggs is looking at plays for. He's listed at 6'8 I guess. Either way he's tall. The top player in the league down here Enrique Holsey plays for Unioto and is also a really good football player. He and another kid from Unioto were up for the TCU game getting looked at by Holgy as part of the '16 football class.

I from a little town called Frankfort which is 15 min west of Chillicothe. Adena High School.

Cool. I spent some time working at the paper mill in Chillicothe. My Sr. year we were knocked out of the basketball playoffs by Ross Southeastern. They had a 6'10 guy named Netter that was really good. He went on to play at BG and had a solid career. The majority of the 6'10+ guys I played against in my career were stiffs but Netter was a good athlete and could shoot. Anyway, that has always been a good area for small school hs hoops. We had some battles with Chesapeake, North Adams and Wheelersburg over the years

Posted on: 12/13/2014 9:19 pm

Party Machine
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Quote:

southwvboy wrote:

Cool. I spent some time working at the paper mill in Chillicothe. My Sr. year we were knocked out of the basketball playoffs by Ross Southeastern. They had a 6'10 guy named Netter that was really good. He went on to play at BG and had a solid career. The majority of the 6'10+ guys I played against in my career were stiffs but Netter was a good athlete and could shoot. Anyway, that has always been a good area for small school hs hoops. We had some battles with Chesapeake, North Adams and Wheelersburg over the years

Thank you both for your info and your input. Hate the petty bullshit bickering on this site, love to hear the personal stories/connections to the area.

Posted on: 12/13/2014 11:12 pm

Party Machine
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Quote:

southwvboy wrote:

Thank you both for your info and your input. Hate the petty bullshit bickering on this site, love to hear the personal stories/connections to the area.

Posted on: 12/13/2014 11:14 pm

Party Machine
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

jameschi wrote:
Arizona beats Michigan by at least 25.

Arizona 80 Michigan 53. 27 for the mathematically impaired.

Posted on: 12/13/2014 11:31 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
Quote:

Strohs wrote:
Quote:

southwvboy wrote:

That's cool, not that southeastern beat ya but you know my neck of the woods. Netter had a brother too that wasn't tall but a heck of an athlete. Both played pee wee football for my dad. They went to my high school but their dad got into it with the b-ball coach and transferred them out. Dad was kind of know it all but good family. Ross County which has 7 high schools doesn't fare well out of county in football but the basketball is solid.

What high school did you go to? You still in C-Bus?

Posted on: 12/14/2014 1:06 am

I-79 Alumni

Pitt Hater
Quote:

What high school did you go to? You still in C-Bus?

Belpre High, right across the Ohio River from Parkersburg, WV. We were more of a basketball power than football, though in the past decade the basketball program has struggled. We had a great b-ball coach for about 15 years but the talent well dried up and he left for another program across the river. But, yeah, I live NW of Columbus between Marysville and Delaware. The city living wasn't for me

Posted on: 12/14/2014 12:25 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From ohio via Panther WV
I use to go to Delaware to interview kids at the DYS intake facility there for a program I use to work for. Little Greek restaurant there called Hellas has a kick ass Gyro.

Belpre sure was a power house, that's kick ass you played on it.

Posted on: 12/14/2014 2:02 pm

I-79 Alumni

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 42 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved