We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 35 36 37 (38) 39 40 41 ... 43 »

Re: WVU BBall Thread for Things that Don't Need their Own Thread
Here for the Beer
whoever we play in the NCAAs is going to work in some press against us, you can bet on it.

So I think we're going to see more and more of Bolden. We need another reliable ball handler in addition to JC and Phillip.

I dont trust Dax right now with the ball in his hands, he needs to catch and shoot or slash to the basket. Not sure if his legs arent under him yet, or if he's just in a funk.

Posted on: 2/14 1:24 pm
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Dax just doesn't seem to be there mentally lately. We have all seen him explode and can make anything he attempts. But his entire game has been off. Those free throws at the end of the game were not even close, even for his standards. Maybe he is having personal conflict or girl troubles, whatever it is, I hope he gets over whatever it is because we need him.

Posted on: 2/14 2:35 pm

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Man....I've lived through quite a few Mountaineer losses, but this one is hard to get over. Judging by the lack of activity here, it seems the same for a lot of us.

Which got me to thinking....as hard as it is for us, imagine how the team feels, especially Adrian, Dax and Phillip.

The million dollar question is...how do they respond? I could see how a loss like this would cause them to implode. Will they bounce back? Will they use it as motivation for the rest of the season, or will they let it fester in their minds and pack it in?

Posted on: 2/15 9:19 am

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Lexington, KY (Hurricane, WV is home)
If I were a betting man, I would bet it does not make them implode. They'll be fine.

Posted on: 2/15 10:13 am

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
Izzo's Michigan State's team is on the NCAA bubble & North Carolina State just fired their coach Mark Gottfried. The only way NC State gets to the dance is if they win the ACC tournament. I only mention this because Harris and Henderson (I follow their progress or lack of) are now playing for those teams... Watching them play at WVU I often felt they were the two best natural players on the court.... I never was quite sure what their issue was with Huggins. I just know Huggins breathed a sigh of relief when they were gone. Two points I am trying to make: 1) Our current team completely buys into Huggins as their coach; & 2) I wonder if Harris and Henderson still carry that attitude that may negatively affect their current teams?

Posted on: 2/16 6:20 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Originally, Lester WV, now, Richmond, "East" Virginia
Quote:

eers4evr wrote:
Izzo's Michigan State's team is on the NCAA bubble & North Carolina State just fired their coach Mark Gottfried. The only way NC State gets to the dance is if they win the ACC tournament. I only mention this because Harris and Henderson (I follow their progress or lack of) are now playing for those teams... Watching them play at WVU I often felt they were the two best natural players on the court.... I never was quite sure what their issue was with Huggins. I just know Huggins breathed a sigh of relief when they were gone. Two points I am trying to make: 1) Our current team completely buys into Huggins as their coach; & 2) I wonder if Harris and Henderson still carry that attitude that may negatively affect their current teams?

I was not upset when Harris left, but I was disappointed that Terry Henderson left. Remember, both would have graduated last year had they not transferred and had to sit out their transfer year. Harris, I think, has been a disappointment at MSU. Terry Henderson missed most of last season with injuries but has been an important part of NCSTs team this season--he's the second-leading scorer and second in minutes played.

Posted on: 2/17 9:58 am

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
They haven't been missed.

Posted on: 2/17 11:05 am

Pitt Hater
From Philadelphia/West Virgina
I know both contribute points and quality minutes - but good teams have good leaders who will their team to play well - Nate has that for us... Butler had it... and we can go through past players both in football and basketball who had it... I just think Henderson and Harris were missing that motivational piece that makes players around them play better...

Posted on: 2/17 11:27 am

Pitt Hater
From St. Louis, MO
Who would have ever thought after the previous 2 years that we would be talking about Nate being a leader. You've got to hand it to the kid, he has stepped up considerably this year and led this team well.

Posted on: 2/17 11:38 am

Pitt Hater
Quote:

UncleFestus wrote:
Who would have ever thought after the previous 2 years that we would be talking about Nate being a leader. You've got to hand it to the kid, he has stepped up considerably this year and led this team well.

Yeah, I can remember myself questioning why he even played.
That is why Huggins coaches and I type on an internet site.

Posted on: 2/17 12:17 pm

Pitt Hater
From Halifax, VA
LOL.

Posted on: 2/17 12:34 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Lexington, KY (Hurricane, WV is home)
It seemed (to me) that Harris and Henderson did one thing well and that was shoot threes. And that was even streaky at times. I can't remember, did they play much defense?

Posted on: 2/17 1:54 pm

Party Machine
From Dunedin FL
Quote:

WVpunk wrote:
It seemed (to me) that Harris and Henderson did one thing well and that was shoot threes. And that was even streaky at times. I can't remember, did they play much defense?

If you can't remember...

I agree, I remember their offense, not their defense.

Posted on: 2/17 5:17 pm

Gettin' Schmitty
From Originally, Lester WV, now, Richmond, "East" Virginia
I was not heartbroken when Harris left (he never bought in on defense), but I would have been fine if he went on to do well at MSU. Well, he's had a bit of an up and down time at MSU, and now his college career has come to an end. Apparently he sustained a significant knee injury yesterday against Purdue and will have to have season-ending surgery.

Posted on: 2/19 8:05 pm

ESPN Insider?

From Wilderness, VA via Hacker Valley, WV
Anyone have an ESPN Insider account?

Apparently WVU is the "most feared" team in the tournament....

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bask ... s-most-feared-group-march

Posted on: 2/20 11:48 am

Gettin' Schmitty
From Around
Couldn't they have gotten a picture of this year's team?

Posted on: 2/20 12:05 pm

Re: ESPN Insider?
Gettin' Schmitty
From Madison, AL
Quote:

WVisHome wrote:
Anyone have an ESPN Insider account?

Apparently WVU is the "most feared" team in the tournament....

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bask ... s-most-feared-group-march

I think they said that last year too.

Posted on: 2/20 12:34 pm

Makin' it Rain
From Pittsburgh, PA
The latest ESPN bracketology has WVU potentially playing the winner of Wisconsin/Cuse in the second round.

If that happens....

Open in new window

Posted on: 2/20 2:55 pm

Party Machine
From Denton, TX
Random,

Whatever happened to the black uniforms? I really liked those. And they remind me of the win over UK in 2010.

Posted on: 2/20 2:59 pm

Pitt Hater
From Frederick, MD
Quote:

LesterBoy wrote:
Quote:

eers4evr wrote:

I was not upset when Harris left, but I was disappointed that Terry Henderson left. Remember, both would have graduated last year had they not transferred and had to sit out their transfer year. Harris, I think, has been a disappointment at MSU. Terry Henderson missed most of last season with injuries but has been an important part of NCSTs team this season--he's the second-leading scorer and second in minutes played.

While it certainly wasn't all Henderson's and Harris' fault, those were the "bad old days" of WVU bball. Probably the lowest point for Huggs since getting canned by Cincy. The teams sucked, and if you remember one guy even quit in the middle of a game. Just pure chaos. The kids on the roster didn't fit together as a team or mesh with Huggs at all. I remember reports of some of the kids mocking Huggs when he tried to teach them about WV history and the state (not saying it was Henderson and/or Harris who did this, but kids on their teams reportedly did). I'm sure we don't know even 1/10 of the stuff that went on in that locker room with Huggs and that circus.

By all accounts Henderson and Harris are good kids and have been good citizens. And certainly they are good bball players. They didn't fit here and I don't miss them even a little bit.

Posted on: 2/20 4:00 pm

Obama: We will put a man in your daughter's restroom.

« 1 ... 35 36 37 (38) 39 40 41 ... 43 »

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved