We Must Ignite This Couch Message Boards

« 1 ... 36 37 38 (39)

Re: Liberty Bowl
Suspected Punter
From Eagle County Colorado via Shady Spring WV
Exactly! Howard put up 30 points in a bowl game with 6 quarters of experience. The defense lost the game.......we gave up 45 points!

Posted on: 1/1/2015 12:27 am
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Towson, MD
You act like he's never taken a snap. He looked like it was his second start on junior varsity in high school, not his second start at a D1 school. He is a JUCO player: this is not his second start in college.

He cost us the game, not the defense, not the coaches.

Posted on: 1/1/2015 12:50 am

Party Machine
From Danville, WV
So the defense gives up the most points all yr but that's fine.They tackled for s h i t and were constantly out of position. Our kick off strategy was retarded. Add to that our punter couldn't kick more than 30 yds. I can see you have an agenda when it comes to Howard. The kid was pressing, he had 6 quarters of starting experience and whiffed one it happens, even to the best of them. If watched the Fiesta bowl, Solomon who has started and played well all yr looked awful today, 3 ints all of which lead to Boise scores. Howard is still heading into spring at #1, so be prepared.

Posted on: 1/1/2015 2:12 am

From Charlottesville, Virginia
You are both right. We only lost by 8. Hit some open receivers and make a couple tackles on 3rd down and it is a different game. Unless, of course, you are a member of the Chicken Little Society, in which case WVU looked terrible on every play and didn't belong in the game.

Posted on: 1/1/2015 9:00 am

Pitt Hater
From Bradley, WV
I thought under the circumstances we did ok even though we lost. Howard just needs more experience. He didn't make his reads as quickly as he should have, then had to hurry his throws. He will get better. I just can't help but think if Clint had been healthy we'd have shredded their defense.

Posted on: 1/1/2015 12:11 pm

Party Machine
From Charlottesville, VA
DH said it all year. Our DL by themselves does not consistently pressure the QB without bringing extra guys. Where as other teams can get pressure bringing only 3 or 4 and putting 7 or 8 in coverage. I can live with that because you can only play on your roster. The thing that drives me up the wall is the number of times the back end broke down in coverage for long plays. For this program to improve line play on both sides must get better

Posted on: 1/1/2015 12:25 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Mobile, AL
I don't disagree with the line comments, or that he made bad reads or that he will get better. I am only saying he has shown lack of accuracy. He wasn't the starter or even the backup all year as some of you clambered for all year for a reason. A true freshman who possibly blew his redshirt was ahead of him before he got hurt.

and he was accurate in the KSU game only. <50% against Iowa 20-42, and 20-45 in the bowl game. Ksu he played well, I agree. Didn't he also looked awful in the spring game? I guess 50% is good for a D1 QB. I understand the small sample, but I think he had plenty of chances. And if he was splitting snaps 50/50 to prepare for the bowl game, I think holgs did him a disservice.

Posted on: 1/1/2015 1:00 pm

Party Machine
From Barboursville, WV
Our problems with the line are and will always be there. We don't have much of a pipeline for western PA, there is too much competition from PSU, shPitt and tOSU. We snag a few but we never will have quality line depth like a OU, Texas, or even a Baylor. We have always had to do more with less. I don't think Holgy gets that completely yet. He has tried opening up new territories with mixed results. It needs to become a focus since no QB can complete 50% running for his life.
Skyler should and must get better.
We depend too much on "athletes making plays" and not enough on a sound approach and fired up mentality. There is a huge difference between playing to win and playing not to screw up.

Posted on: 1/1/2015 3:52 pm

Grant Ave. Warrior
From Mobile, AL
My last comment, I think you all know where I stand. haah...but, There were plenty of passes he had plenty of time and space and stepped into the throw and missed badly; again on several occasions. And also, isn't that supposed to be one of his strengths, throwing on the run? keep making excuses, but he wasn't, "running for his life" as much as it seems some think. I am done beating this horse.

Posted on: 1/1/2015 4:01 pm

Party Machine
From Danville, WV
Unless Sills comes in and can be the guy as a true freshman or Crest gets healthy and his passing game gets much better Howard will be the guy.

Posted on: 1/1/2015 10:13 pm

« 1 ... 36 37 38 (39)

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Copyright © 2004-2011 wemustignitethiscouch.com All Rights Reserved